Pacland's Philippine Boxing Forum

Discussion on boxing and other sports, Filipino greats and anything under the sun.
It is currently Wed Aug 22, 2018 5:24 am

All times are UTC + 8 hours

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 4:53 pm 
Light Heavyweight

In an Article by Bro. Dennis he gave praise to Banal for his gallant effort.
I dont know about that , what I saw is AJ was so afraid and he turned his back ( he looks like a quitter to me
just like in that Fight with Conncepcion ).
Si BoomBoom na-groge rin pero sugod pa rin ng sugod,for me "yun ang effort!"

Kagabi ko rin nakita na sobrang smart Fighter talaga si Donaire, ang talas ng basa nya sa style ng mga Fighter. :D

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 4:53 pm 
Light Heavyweight

the Article:

Banal deserves praise even in defeat

AJ BANALOCTOBER 21, 2012BY: DENNIS 'D SOURCE' GUILLERMOSubscribe

AJ Banal falls to the canvas in the 9th at the hands of Pungluan Sor Singyu
Credits: Dong Secuya / Philboxing.com

0 Email
Get General Sports alerts!

RELATED TOPICS

AJ BanalALA Boxing
Advertisement

Truth is, AJ Banal would've given his life in that ring if only he could upend the unfortunate outcome of his title bid against Pungluang Sor Singyu of Thailand. I know this, because I have gotten to know this kid.

I witnessed how this humble pugilist dedicated himself and worked on his trade. He went through all the rigors of training, strength and conditioning, and even sessions with a psychiatrist to prepare his mind for the grueling task at hand. He took no shortcuts to achieve success, spent a lot of time away from his family to prepare for his quest, but in the end, Banal simply faced a fighter better than him.

It's heartbreaking to see a fighter leave everything in the ring only to fall short. But as insensitive and obnoxious hecklers ridicule fallen warriors in defeat, this I say: "An apathetic winner may get praise, but a dedicated loser wins my respect."

TOP STORY: Top PBA rookie's bizarre and excruciating injury

Video: Final Round: AJ Banal vs Pungluang Sor Singyu
There may not be any trophies or belts for effort, but Banal has many reasons to hold his head high even after his devastating loss. He gave it his all; his blood, sweat, and in the end, his tears. Often lost in defeat, is the valiance behind the endeavor. Banal labored in amassing 11 straight victories after his 10th round knockout loss in his first attempt at becoming a world champion against Rafael Concepcion back in July of 2008. He was doing well for majority of the fight against Sor Singyu, and was actually ahead in 2 of the 3 judges' scorecards prior to succumbing in the 9th.

The man gave it all he had. Truth of the matter is, no matter how good matchmakers are, and how hard fighters train, the Manny Pacquiaos, Floyd Mayweathers, and Nonito Donaires of the boxing world simply have special talent in them the way the LeBrons and Kobes do in basketball. They can't all become great world champions, but they all deserve respect for gallantly trying.

- dSG - dsource1981@yahoo.com

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 5:06 pm 
Welterweight

encouragement

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 5:09 pm 
Light Heavyweight

That's what i want to hear from a TS :D thanks may your tribe increase 8)

Sorry i've seen the TS's question mark meaning he is not sure of himself.... anyway thanks again...

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 5:12 pm 
Middleweight

alucard13nth wrote:
I dont know about that , what I saw is AJ was so afraid and he turned his back ( he looks like a quitter to me

Kagabi ko rin nakita na sobrang smart Fighter talaga si Donaire, ang talas ng basa nya sa style ng mga Fighter. :D

yes donaire is very smart and i don't think there are fighters in philippine boxing history could even match nonito's boxing IQ.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 5:40 pm 
Light Heavyweight

tiguwang wrote:
alucard13nth wrote:

yes donaire is very smart and i don't think there are fighters in philippine boxing history could even match nonito's boxing IQ.

youre right, donaire is the smartest and the most intilligent boxer inside the ring that is why he keeps on ducking rigondeaux knowing that the latter will inflict his second career loss.

time

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 5:44 pm 
Middleweight

Any fighter who steps in the ring and gives it his all deserves not only praise but respect.

From what I saw on Banal. The guy gallantly gave it everything he's got. The reason why he turned away from the ref was pretty obvious in my honest opinion. He was in queer street. His legs were rubber. Cant fault him after taking those heavy blows.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 5:46 pm 
Light Heavyweight

It doesn't matter anymore, ang importante sa mga mahal nya sa buhay ay safe sya.
we should stop criticizing the poor guy, he did his best

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 6:06 pm 
Heavyweight

at least aj banal is fighting for his country.
unlike some people out there who know's nothing but to discredit and criticize him for his loss.

Mabuhay ka AJ "Bazooka" Banal.

kapayapaan pacland :D

http://forum.philboxing.com/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=212005&st=0&sk=t&sd=a&start=30

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 6:59 pm 
Middleweight

You are totally correct. May nabasa pa akong Banal's era on hold! Bakit may era bang hinawakan si Banal? People quickly forgot the time when he quit against Concepcion after absorbing few punches sa bodega. Imagine he was way ahead in the score cards and the fight was almost finished. Hindi nagtiis para matapos lang ang laban at panalo na siya. This second time around, he really wanted to quit but the referee was too quick to stop the fight so it was a blessing in disguise. Kita mo ano sabi niya ngayon? He wants to quit boxing. Quitter talaga! Saan ka namang nakakita ng isang boxer na gustong magquit? E kung si Hatton nga na napahiya sa knockout ni Pacquiao gusto pang magboxing. See the difference!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 7:10 pm 
Middleweight

plus 1 for banal