Pacland's Philippine Boxing Forum

Discussion on boxing and other sports, Filipino greats and anything under the sun.
It is currently Mon Dec 11, 2017 12:05 pm

All times are UTC + 8 hours

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 10:50 am 
Light Heavyweight

a good match. estrada is not a hard but a busy puncher. melindo has more speed and accuracy to beat the mexican champ.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 12:31 pm 
Welterweight

Hooligan217 wrote:
I think he can win convincingly. But I doubt if he could knock out Estrada. That Hombre has a granite chin as well. He took some of Brian's best punch. Hopefully he could put the lights out on this Mexican.

There's no need to knock Estrada out! The Method Man just need to box the sh*t out of him!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 2:52 pm 
Cruiserweight

Marqueses wrote:
Hooligan217 wrote:
I think he can win convincingly. But I doubt if he could knock out Estrada. That Hombre has a granite chin as well. He took some of Brian's best punch. Hopefully he could put the lights out on this Mexican.

There's no need to knock Estrada out! The Method Man just need to box the sh*t out of him!

Right on dude.
and Milan needs great stamina for that.

"If one day speed kills me, don't cry, because I was smiling."

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 4:37 pm 
Middleweight

Marqueses wrote:
Hooligan217 wrote:

if the fight is held in Macau this is very possible. but if the fight is gonna be held in dear old Mexico...It's a different story :(

I read in an article that Zanfer (Estrada's promoter) might try to have the fight in Mexico to introduce Estrada to mexican fight fans. I hope that
TR would insist that they fight in Macau or ALA outbid Zanfer and stage the fight either in Cebu or Manila.

Go Milan! :D

Than to commit stupid mistakes

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 8:16 pm 
Cruiserweight

Most of u guys almost had one observation,

Milan's STAMINA,

Don't worry, he can work it out,

but one good thing is

he now had a killer fists

added to his arsenals.

8)

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 8:20 pm 
Cruiserweight

Santo_Papi wrote:
Marqueses wrote:
Hooligan217 wrote:

if the fight is held in Macau this is very possible. but if the fight is gonna be held in dear old Mexico...It's a different story :(

I read in an article that Zanfer (Estrada's promoter) might try to have the fight in Mexico to introduce Estrada to mexican fight fans. I hope that
TR would insist that they fight in Macau or ALA outbid Zanfer and stage the fight either in Cebu or Manila.

Go Milan! :D

Agree!

And don't let it happen to U.S.

To avoid higher taxes ! :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 12:16 am 
Lightweight

jogar84 wrote:
Melindo is a smart boxer, but i dont think he's that strong or powerful. it would be a hard fight to win.

dont based your statement on his knock out percentage because milan just found his power on his new weight class .. his last fight is a testament to that... knocking down the indonesian fighter 3 times b4 eventually knocking him out .. milan has power on both hands and its a good decision for him to move up in weight for that extra power ..

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 12:32 am 
Lightweight

one thing i see on milan that set him afar from his stablemates is his composure ... composure under pressure , thats why hes timing is great all the time because he is composed and always on a position to fire back ... i can see the game of gerry in him plus good jabs

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 12:59 am 
Light Heavyweight

Sir Benjamin wrote:
I agree !

This is a good match up !

Viloria need to rest for a while, :(

Go Milan ! 8)

http://philboxing.com/news/story-82058.html

kayo is the best way to beat estrada in mexico I hope the fight is in macau! or undercard of pac fight in september!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 2:50 am 
Middleweight

vampire88 wrote:
jogar84 wrote:
Melindo is a smart boxer, but i dont think he's that strong or powerful. it would be a hard fight to win.

dont based your statement on his knock out percentage because milan just found his power on his new weight class .. his last fight is a testament to that... knocking down the indonesian fighter 3 times b4 eventually knocking him out .. milan has power on both hands and its a good decision for him to move up in weight for that extra power ..

Mostly im basing on the fact that Viloria is a better boxer than Melindo. Some may argue that here, but Viloria was a proven champion with an Olympic pedigree and more boxing experience, yet he lost to Estrada.

In fact, i think if Viloria had fought Melindo, Viloria wins.

Milan has power, but he never fought anyone in the league of Viloria or Estrada, Estrada went the distance with Chocolatito and Viloria has beaten many great champions.

Only way to find out, its going to be trial by fire if the fight happens

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 2:01 pm 
Heavyweight

This is the best chance for Melindo to become a world champion... Maybe also the lineal champion...

Flyweight division is unstable at this moment...

Champions:
WBA (Super) and WBO: Juan Francisco Estrada
WBC and The Ring: Akira Yaegashi
IBF: Moruti Mthalane
WBA (Regular): Juan Carlos Reveco