Pacland's Philippine Boxing Forum

Discussion on boxing and other sports, Filipino greats and anything under the sun.
It is currently Wed Dec 13, 2017 1:20 pm

All times are UTC + 8 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 24848 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 1612, 1613, 1614, 1615, 1616, 1617, 1618 ... 1657  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2017 12:18 pm 
Offline
Cruiserweight

Joined: Fri Nov 28, 2008 12:03 pm
Posts: 2057
This prestigious comment of legendary Kasparov will be a big encouragement and an inspiration for our Wesley So. Go,go,go Wesley!!! Praying for you....


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2017 12:52 am 
Offline
Light Heavyweight
User avatar

Joined: Sun Oct 26, 2008 1:15 pm
Posts: 1736
Location: The no-nonsense zone
Nobody following the Asian Open '17 here? Very strong tourney with some of the strongest Chinese and Indian hydra and super GMs (eg. Yu Yangyi, Wei Yi, Wang Hao, Bu Xiangzhi, Vidit, Adhiban, Ganguly, Sethuraman, and Kazakh Jumabayev, etc.)! Our very own JC Sadorra is performing exceptionally well beating some strong super GMs and is currently in 3rd place with 6 pts after round 8, with a round to go!
:combo:

(Actually, 5 players are tied at 6 pts, incl the no. 1 Vidit, and no. 2 Wang. Sadorra is placed 3rd on tie-break)! Whatever the result of the final round, this is a major milestone for Sadorra and he could break into the 2600 club.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2017 2:56 am 
Offline
Lightweight
User avatar

Joined: Fri Apr 29, 2016 4:54 am
Posts: 156
Location: Manila
Wow Julio Sadorra defeated Wen Yang in Round 7 and Adhiban in Round 8 !
Gm Sadorra is now tied for first with 5 others going into the last round !
A Breakout performance indeed :celebrate:

https://chess24.com/en/watch/live-tournaments/asian-continental-chess-championship-2017

Sadorra will face Wang Hao in the last round.

_________________
“I am not foolish enough to think I can do this by myself” -- Wesley So


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2017 10:48 pm 
Offline
Light Heavyweight
User avatar

Joined: Sun Oct 26, 2008 1:15 pm
Posts: 1736
Location: The no-nonsense zone
Wang Hao just beat Sadorra with the black pieces. :(

Anyway, Julio Sadorra exceeded all expectations and he should gain at least a minimum of 18-20 ELO points from his strong performance in the tourney. Wang will be champion followed by Vidit who drew his match against Yu.

Edit: Bu finished 2nd, Vidit 3rd. Sadorra ended up at 6th place, above a 2700s GM Wei Yi (hailed as the next young rising star from Asia in the footsteps of So) who finished at 7th. Not too shabby for our GM. Congrats.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2017 6:50 am 
Offline
Lightweight
User avatar

Joined: Fri Apr 29, 2016 4:54 am
Posts: 156
Location: Manila
journeyman7 wrote:
Wang Hao just beat Sadorra with the black pieces. :(

Anyway, Julio Sadorra exceeded all expectations and he should gain at least a minimum of 18-20 ELO points from his strong performance in the tourney. Wang will be champion followed by Vidit who drew his match against Yu.

Edit: Bu finished 2nd, Vidit 3rd. Sadorra ended up at 6th place, above a 2700s GM Wei Yi (hailed as the next young rising star from Asia in the footsteps of So) who finished at 7th. Not too shabby for our GM. Congrats.


indeed. Sadorra has been playing inspired chess ever since he drew Carlsen at the 2016 Olympiad.

_________________
“I am not foolish enough to think I can do this by myself” -- Wesley So


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2017 8:48 am 
Offline
Welterweight
User avatar

Joined: Sun Dec 10, 2006 2:16 am
Posts: 332
Location: QC
Congrats Wesley!

Match was decided on the last bullet game - a Chess960 game!

Prior to their last game, score was tied at 14.5 ALL.

Image

He will most likely be facing Magnus Carlsen in the next round.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2017 8:53 am 
Offline
Welterweight
User avatar

Joined: Sun Dec 10, 2006 2:16 am
Posts: 332
Location: QC
Current standing

Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2017 10:03 am 
Offline
Cruiserweight
User avatar

Joined: Sat Oct 11, 2008 11:41 am
Posts: 2295
Location: Pinas kong mahal
journeyman7 wrote:
Nobody following the Asian Open '17 here? Very strong tourney with some of the strongest Chinese and Indian hydra and super GMs (eg. Yu Yangyi, Wei Yi, Wang Hao, Bu Xiangzhi, Vidit, Adhiban, Ganguly, Sethuraman, and Kazakh Jumabayev, etc.)! Our very own JC Sadorra is performing exceptionally well beating some strong super GMs and is currently in 3rd place with 6 pts after round 8, with a round to go!
:combo:

(Actually, 5 players are tied at 6 pts, incl the no. 1 Vidit, and no. 2 Wang. Sadorra is placed 3rd on tie-break)! Whatever the result of the final round, this is a major milestone for Sadorra and he could break into the 2600 club.


Good performance JC! Congratulations! ! ! ! :celebrate: :celebrate: :celebrate: :celebrate:

_________________
noypinga[i][/i]


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2017 12:40 am 
Offline
Heavyweight
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jun 02, 2008 11:22 am
Posts: 125302
Location: Bacoor, Cavite or M.M. PACMAN Believer #160 (PB-0160)
So Knocks Out Giri In Nail-Biting Speed Chess Match
PeterDoggers
May 26, 2017, 11:53 PM

https://www.chess.com/news/view/so-knocks-out-giri-in-nail-biting-speed-chess-match-7412

_________________
Micah 6:8 (NIRV)

The Lord has shown you what is good.
He has told you what he requires of you.
You must act with justice.
You must love to show mercy.
And you must be humble as you live in the sight of your God.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2017 11:11 am 
Offline
Heavyweight
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jun 02, 2008 11:22 am
Posts: 125302
Location: Bacoor, Cavite or M.M. PACMAN Believer #160 (PB-0160)
Malapit na Norway Chess 2017

_________________
Micah 6:8 (NIRV)

The Lord has shown you what is good.
He has told you what he requires of you.
You must act with justice.
You must love to show mercy.
And you must be humble as you live in the sight of your God.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2017 2:54 am 
Offline
Welterweight
User avatar

Joined: Tue Apr 17, 2007 11:56 am
Posts: 434
Location: Sa daigdig ng inyong panaginip
joeyj wrote:
Malapit na Norway Chess 2017

This is going to be exciting, with the world's top 10 players participating.

Wishing Wesley the best of luck in this super tournament.

_________________
Clouds come floating into my life, no longer to carry rain or usher storm, but to add color to my sunset sky. -- Rabindranath Tagore


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2017 10:26 am 
Offline
Welterweight

Joined: Fri Nov 07, 2008 10:16 pm
Posts: 446
God bless you Wesley. AS ALWAYS, do your best GOD will do the rest.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2017 11:42 am 
Offline
Heavyweight
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jun 02, 2008 11:22 am
Posts: 125302
Location: Bacoor, Cavite or M.M. PACMAN Believer #160 (PB-0160)
Norway Chess 2017
6 – 16 Jun 2017
The Stavanger region (Norway)

R1: 6 Jun: GM Carlsen, Magnus (2832) - GM So, Wesley (2812) :

@ 4PM Norway : 10PM PHI time tonight

For the rest of Wesley So schedule by round see hereat:

https://chessaccount.com/live-ratings-phi/wesley-so-live-ratings/

_________________
Micah 6:8 (NIRV)

The Lord has shown you what is good.
He has told you what he requires of you.
You must act with justice.
You must love to show mercy.
And you must be humble as you live in the sight of your God.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2017 3:21 pm 
Offline
Lightweight

Joined: Sun Jun 08, 2014 11:41 am
Posts: 178
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz. Long game and another draw.. dapat middle rounds nia kalaban si carlsen para pukpukan nung tata steel ito din round 1 e


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2017 4:53 pm 
Offline
Heavyweight
User avatar

Joined: Tue Mar 29, 2005 8:52 pm
Posts: 43664
Location: Philippines
joeyj wrote:
Norway Chess 2017
6 – 16 Jun 2017
The Stavanger region (Norway)

R1: 6 Jun: GM Carlsen, Magnus (2832) - GM So, Wesley (2812) :

@ 4PM Norway : 10PM PHI time tonight

For the rest of Wesley So schedule by round see hereat:

https://chessaccount.com/live-ratings-phi/wesley-so-live-ratings/


Wow, round 1 si Carlsen kaagad. Go Wesley So. Beat them all. God bless you... 8) :angel: :angel:

_________________
- It is easier to write an incorrect program than understand a correct one.
- Finding good players is easy. Getting them to play as a team is another story.
- Defense wins games. Excellent defense wins championships.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 24848 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 1612, 1613, 1614, 1615, 1616, 1617, 1618 ... 1657  Next

All times are UTC + 8 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: jun_end73 and 4 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  

philboxing.com | pinoygreats.com
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group