Pacland's Philippine Boxing Forum

Discussion on boxing and other sports, Filipino greats and anything under the sun.
It is currently Fri Aug 18, 2017 4:52 pm

All times are UTC + 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 24537 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 1632, 1633, 1634, 1635, 1636  Next
PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2017 6:22 pm 
Middleweight

every one has an off nigth. sana this is just the case ni Wesley in this tournament

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2017 9:00 pm 
Welterweight

Wesley goes down to number 8 in live ranking. I hope he can recover soon.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2017 1:11 am 
Welterweight

The penultimate-round encounter with Karjakin ended in another loss for Wesley -- a less spirited performance by our boy.

It opened as an Italian Game and ran through normal lines for a number of moves. After a lackluster opening, the play transitioned into a middle game that likewise could hardly be described as more than routine. Yet, in what appeared to be even positions, Karjakin somehow found seemingly harmless rook-and-knight maneuvers which gradually tipped the balance to his favor.

Though both sides alternated in committing ‘not-so-good’ moves at some point, Karjakin was able to create spatial inroads. Wesley unwittingly cooperated, was caught napping, and soon was faced with White’s obtaining a passed c-pawn. Eventually he had to give up his knight in order to prevent this c-pawn from advancing to the queening square.

The rest of the play held no further surprises.

One more round to go...hope he bounces back. Go beat Anand!

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2017 2:28 am 
Welterweight

So - Anand game has just started -- Nimzo-Indian (Classical or Capablanca variation).

In this variation White has the advantage of acquiring the two bishops without compromising his pawn structure.

The drawback is that White's kingside development is delayed.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2017 2:40 am 
Welterweight

Now White is exploiting Black's weakened pawn structure. Black's c-pawn, for example, is weak.

Black can hold his position, though. Hope Wesley could extract the full point this time, but it's too early yet to tell.

Slight advantage for White.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2017 8:14 am 
Cruiserweight

noypinga wrote:
boxster wrote:
what happen to so? nasa last place na.

hindi kaya khumakhantot ng tsikababes?? :mrgreen:
Maski si bobby fischer ng makatikim ng tsikababes eh nabopols!

. . . . Fischer experienced the only failure in his competitive career[217] at the Buenos Aires Tournament (1960), finishing with 8½/19 (+3−5=11), far behind winners Viktor Korchnoi and Samuel Reshevsky with 13/19.[218] According to Larry Evans, Fischer's first sexual experience was with a girl to whom Evans introduced him during the tournament.[219][220] Pal Benko says that Fischer did horribly in the tournament "because he got caught up in women and sex.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bobby_Fischer

Bro Enigma, hihina ka ba sa chess kung makikipagsex ka muna bago maglaro?? 8)

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2017 8:46 am 
Bantamweight

What happened to Wesley in this tournament is not unique. I remember the following in just the recent past:

1. Carlsen finished near the bottom in one strong tournamnet. I forgot the tournament.
2. MVL had an unbeaten streak for several months and then his performance tapered off
3. Nakamura reached number 2 and then dropped off from the rankings
4. Anand, has a number of poor performances in strong tournaments, after losing the world championship crown
5. Caruana won the Siquenfiled cup and reached wrold rank number 2, and then slowly dropped from the rankings
6. Aronian, for several years has not performed well, only regaining his mojo this year.
7. The same goes for Giri, who at his peak was at the top 10 and now struggling to get back.

Elite grandmasters have their ups and downs. This will be another lesson to be learned, how to keep his level of play consistent at a high level. Wesley is only human. He'll also be back.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2017 11:21 am 
Heavyweight

noypinga wrote:
noypinga wrote:
boxster wrote:

. . . . Fischer experienced the only failure in his competitive career[217] at the Buenos Aires Tournament (1960), finishing with 8½/19 (+3−5=11), far behind winners Viktor Korchnoi and Samuel Reshevsky with 13/19.[218] According to Larry Evans, Fischer's first sexual experience was with a girl to whom Evans introduced him during the tournament.[219][220] Pal Benko says that Fischer did horribly in the tournament "because he got caught up in women and sex.

sa mga first timer pwede , atat na atat kasi pag nakatikim sa bagong BF..este GF :biglaugh:

baka first time ni Fischer yun.... :lol:

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2017 2:48 am 
Welterweight

noypinga wrote:
noypinga wrote:
boxster wrote:

Siyempre hihina ang laro mo dahil doble ang impact ng physical exhaustion.

Remember that it was Fischer himself who said that “chess is mental masturbation.”

Thus, while you can bring about multiple orgasms with your partner in the prior act (sex), you may no longer have sufficient energy to execute the climax in the subsequent act of ‘mental masturbation’ – that of delivering the checkmate. :biglaugh:

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2017 12:44 pm 
Middleweight

chess2020 wrote:
What happened to Wesley in this tournament is not unique. I remember the following in just the recent past:

1. Carlsen finished near the bottom in one strong tournamnet. I forgot the tournament.
2. MVL had an unbeaten streak for several months and then his performance tapered off
3. Nakamura reached number 2 and then dropped off from the rankings
4. Anand, has a number of poor performances in strong tournaments, after losing the world championship crown
5. Caruana won the Siquenfiled cup and reached wrold rank number 2, and then slowly dropped from the rankings
6. Aronian, for several years has not performed well, only regaining his mojo this year.
7. The same goes for Giri, who at his peak was at the top 10 and now struggling to get back.

Elite grandmasters have their ups and downs. This will be another lesson to be learned, how to keep his level of play consistent at a high level. Wesley is only human. He'll also be back.

AHhhh na gets ko na. Kaya pala last year ang rating ko is 1645 tapos this year lagi akong talo kaya bumaba naging 1365,, hihihi :D :lol:

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2017 8:12 pm 
Heavyweight

Location: Bacoor, Cavite or M.M. PACMAN Believer #160 (PB-0160)
Aug-11-17
Premium Chessgames Member Wesley So: Thank you to everyone here who gave support and encouragement during my trials here. I don't go online during a tour. but it is read to me while I am working to cheer me up. You guys are great.
Sorry for the poor show. Can't really explain it. I feel fine but somehow I guess my brain is tired. Everyone tells me it will pass and a lot of other chess players say they have had similar experiences. What to do?

Will rest and try again in WC in Tblisi. All Praise to my Lord and Savior because He knows the way I take and even I dont understand it, I will trust in His plans. I am a pro, this is my job and I'm moving on.

The Lord has shown you what is good.
He has told you what he requires of you.
You must act with justice.
You must love to show mercy.
And you must be humble as you live in the sight of your God.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2017 8:52 pm 
Heavyweight

joeyj wrote:
Aug-11-17
Premium Chessgames Member Wesley So: Thank you to everyone here who gave support and encouragement during my trials here. I don't go online during a tour. but it is read to me while I am working to cheer me up. You guys are great.
Sorry for the poor show. Can't really explain it. I feel fine but somehow I guess my brain is tired. Everyone tells me it will pass and a lot of other chess players say they have had similar experiences. What to do?

Will rest and try again in WC in Tblisi. All Praise to my Lord and Savior because He knows the way I take and even I dont understand it, I will trust in His plans. I am a pro, this is my job and I'm moving on.

Go Wes!

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2017 11:00 pm 
Cruiserweight

Go Wes!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2017 9:18 am 
Heavyweight

joeyj wrote:
Aug-11-17

God bless you Wesley So. More power... :angel: :angel: :angel:

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2017 12:50 pm 
Bantamweight

I remember reading Aronian didn't touch a chessboard for several months. After that he performed quite well. I also remember MVL performing poorly. He played in too many tournaments during that time. I think he dropped of the top 10 during that time. That was before his unbeaten streak that brought him back the top ten.

My guess is also that Wesley needs some rest. Chess is very exhausting. The mind also need to rest and relax and be occupied with other things other than chess.

Good luck Wesley on you next tournament. Just do your best and it will be in God's hands if you qualify in the Candidates or not.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 24537 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 1632, 1633, 1634, 1635, 1636  Next