Pacland's Philippine Boxing Forum

Discussion on boxing and other sports, Filipino greats and anything under the sun.
It is currently Wed Jun 20, 2018 12:23 am

All times are UTC + 8 hours

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2009 3:27 pm 
Site Admin

Base, US Chess Master, Writes 30

LOS ANGELES—Alfredo Base, a former member of the Philippine Army chess team, passed away last August 19. A US Chess Master residing in Los Angeles, Base was 47.

Base, a strong master who once held an Elo of 2310, teamed up with National Masters Fernie Donguines and Antonio Calvo to form a solid team for the Philippine Army before migrating to the United States where he reportedly did not have a family.

Nobody has claimed his remains, which is still connected to a life support system in order to preserve his organs. His has lost brain impulses.

His body remains at the ICU Room 6328 of Kaiser Permanente Hospital in Los Angeles. Reports indicate that he is a native of Butuan City and a search for relatives has been conducted by friends. Should nobody claim the remains, the life support system will be unplugged by Saturday afternoon, (early Sunday morning in Manila), and legal interment proceedings will be administered by the hospital.

Philippine relatives can get in touch with Base’s church mate Jennie Irving, telephone no. 310 735 7745, or email Irving_jean@yahoo.com. Kaiser Permanente Hospital is located at 1526 N. Edgemont St., Los Angeles, CA 90027, telephone number 323 783 4011.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2009 3:30 pm 
Site Admin

Those who are in circulation in the Philippine chess community, kindly pass the word. Thanks.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2009 5:38 pm 
Heavyweight

is he related to the Base family who was residing and had a machine shop along Panganiban street years back? if so...then the last known Base i know is still here in cebu. he owns a music studio but unfortunately dont have any contacts with him. maybe MR. BROWNSTONE can help....

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2009 7:03 pm 
Heavyweight

shiva wrote:
Those who are in circulation in the Philippine chess community, kindly pass the word. Thanks.

Why did he die?

Basta sexy libre, basta tambok doble.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2009 7:13 pm 
Heavyweight

ASONG KALYE wrote:
shiva wrote:

Why did he die?

He's not yet official dead . . . or, is he?

Nobody has claimed his remains, which is still connected to a life support system in order to preserve his organs. His has lost brain impulses.

Should nobody claim the remains, the life support system will be unplugged by Saturday afternoon, (early Sunday morning in Manila), and legal interment proceedings will be administered by the hospital.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2009 7:23 pm 
Heavyweight

new town wrote:
ASONG KALYE wrote:
shiva wrote:

Why did he die?

Should nobody claim the remains, the life support system will be unplugged by Saturday afternoon, (early Sunday morning in Manila), and legal interment proceedings will be administered by the hospital.
He's too young. What happened to him?

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2009 7:27 pm 
Middleweight

new town wrote:
ASONG KALYE wrote:
shiva wrote:

Why did he die?

Quote:

let's just hope for a miracle. . :(

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2009 7:29 pm 
Heavyweight

http://www.google.com.ph/url?sa=t&sourc ... oRqRHxjptQ

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2009 8:21 pm 
Heavyweight

new town wrote:
ASONG KALYE wrote:
shiva wrote:

Why did he die?

He's legally dead, as the report says that he has no more brain impulses. Life support system is just to preserve his organs, probably if no one claims the body, such organs can be donated.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2009 8:22 pm 
Heavyweight

genetophile wrote:
He's legally dead, as the report says that he has no more brain impulses. Life support system is just to preserve his organs, probably if no one claims the body, such organs can be donated.
Most useful would be his brains, such a genius guy.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2009 8:28 pm 
Heavyweight

ASONG KALYE wrote:
genetophile wrote:

Yeah, a chess genius indeed. May he rest in peace...

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2009 8:31 pm 
Heavyweight

genetophile wrote:
ASONG KALYE wrote:
genetophile wrote:

Yeah, a chess genius indeed. May he rest in peace...

I've always admired chess players. My dad was a great player, though he drank alot, but still no one would beat him even if he's drunk. I tried to play chess like him but ended up as a drankard too, no good, h0wever music was my passion.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2009 8:35 pm 
Heavyweight

genetophile wrote:

That settles the issue. May he Rest In Peace.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2009 8:35 pm 
Heavyweight

ASONG KALYE wrote:
I've always admired chess players. My dad was a great player, though he drank alot, but still no one would beat him even if he's drunk. I tried to play chess like him but ended up as a drankard too, no good, h0wever music was my passion.

You're dad is a "drunken master". Cool.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2009 8:38 pm 
Heavyweight

genetophile wrote:
ASONG KALYE wrote:

You're dad is a "drunken master". Cool.
Awesome plays, he bought Bobby fisher's book in college & was unbeatable eversince.