Pacland's Philippine Boxing Forum

Discussion on boxing and other sports, Filipino greats and anything under the sun.
It is currently Sat Sep 22, 2018 2:46 am

All times are UTC + 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 48 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2009 11:08 am 
Light Heavyweight

here are some of his games
http://www.chessgames.com/perl/chessplayer?pid=43135

ang alam ko si Wynchell Campos aka "Kasparov", ang isa sa "bata" ni Pacman ay isang chess player/ reporter so dapat siya ang isa sa makakatulong kay Base mga bro...

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2009 3:12 pm 
Welterweight

shiva wrote:
Base, US Chess Master, Writes 30

LOS ANGELES—Alfredo Base, a former member of the Philippine Army chess team, passed away last August 19. A US Chess Master residing in Los Angeles, Base was 47.

Base, a strong master who once held an Elo of 2310, teamed up with National Masters Fernie Donguines and Antonio Calvo to form a solid team for the Philippine Army before migrating to the United States where he reportedly did not have a family.

Nobody has claimed his remains, which is still connected to a life support system in order to preserve his organs. His has lost brain impulses.

His body remains at the ICU Room 6328 of Kaiser Permanente Hospital in Los Angeles. Reports indicate that he is a native of Butuan City and a search for relatives has been conducted by friends. Should nobody claim the remains, the life support system will be unplugged by Saturday afternoon, (early Sunday morning in Manila), and legal interment proceedings will be administered by the hospital.

Philippine relatives can get in touch with Base’s church mate Jennie Irving, telephone no. 310 735 7745, or email Irving_jean@yahoo.com. Kaiser Permanente Hospital is located at 1526 N. Edgemont St., Los Angeles, CA 90027, telephone number 323 783 4011.

Boss Shiva,

Thank you for this thread.
I am a Butuanon. I called Jean last Sunday right after I read this.
This was forwarded to Butuanon Yahoo Group and the group is now doing some sort of fund raising.
They are now in contact with Jean.
Daghan Salamat....

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2009 6:45 pm 
Middleweight

ASONG KALYE wrote:
shiva wrote:
Those who are in circulation in the Philippine chess community, kindly pass the word. Thanks.

Why did he die?

He might forgot how to breath!!!!!!!!!
:lol: :lol: :lol:
bakit nga ba pinag uusapan pati chess dito? diba pang boxing lang tayo!!!!!!!!!
UFC bawal diba!!!!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2009 11:50 pm 
Heavyweight

I noticed since the start of this thread, The forum is global announcement however the board index below is manny pacquiao general discussion. Nalilito ako.

Basta sexy libre, basta tambok doble.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 12:28 pm 
Light Heavyweight

deadmanwalking wrote:
ASONG KALYE wrote:
shiva wrote:
Those who are in circulation in the Philippine chess community, kindly pass the word. Thanks.

Why did he die?

Bro, ang nag-umpisan ng thread na ito ay si Boss Shiva...Founder ng Pacland...Give respect...Huwag mong umpisahan na masira ang thread na ito...

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 1:06 pm 
Heavyweight

Ramrod wrote:
is he related to the Base family who was residing and had a machine shop along Panganiban street years back? if so...then the last known Base i know is still here in cebu. he owns a music studio but unfortunately dont have any contacts with him. maybe MR. BROWNSTONE can help....

what happen to this subject bai Ram? or maybe he is a relative of Biscar Base the engineer who was once reside at Sanciangko in front of UV back gate.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 1:49 pm 
Heavyweight

Bisayan_Shaolin wrote:
Ramrod wrote:
is he related to the Base family who was residing and had a machine shop along Panganiban street years back? if so...then the last known Base i know is still here in cebu. he owns a music studio but unfortunately dont have any contacts with him. maybe MR. BROWNSTONE can help....

what happen to this subject bai Ram? or maybe he is a relative of Biscar Base the engineer who was once reside at Sanciangko in front of UV back gate.

am not really sure if they're related bai bishao. anyway, some yahoo group in butuan have already started a fund campaign for the pinoy chess master. ito post niya bai....

boxer_d_politiko wrote:
Boss Shiva,

This was forwarded to Butuanon Yahoo Group and the group is now doing some sort of fund raising.
Daghan Salamat....

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 2:28 pm 
Welterweight

Ramrod wrote:
Bisayan_Shaolin wrote:
Ramrod wrote:

am not really sure if they're related bai bishao. anyway, some yahoo group in butuan have already started a fund campaign for the pinoy chess master. ito post niya bai....

boxer_d_politiko wrote:
Boss Shiva,

Daghan Salamat....

Al Base's remains is already here in the philippines.
His family were so grateful to the people who helped them get the remains of Al from California.
Thank you again Boss Shiva.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 8:31 pm 
Heavyweight

Bisayan_Shaolin wrote:
Ramrod wrote:

So ur back!? Wow. Hahaha.

Basta sexy libre, basta tambok doble.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 11:02 pm 
Light Heavyweight

deadmanwalking wrote:
ASONG KALYE wrote:
shiva wrote:

Why did he die?

bro you're a heartless ignorant fool! give some respect! what if your relative is in that kind of situation?? would you still laugh like an !diot??

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 11:56 pm 
Heavyweight

deadmanwalking wrote:
ASONG KALYE wrote:
shiva wrote:

Why did he die?

newbee, start reading from the first page so you will know who is the TS. and this is an announcement, from our very boss shiva.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2009 8:59 am 
Heavyweight

ASONG KALYE wrote:
Bisayan_Shaolin wrote:
Ramrod wrote:

So ur back!? Wow. Hahaha.

i am paroled from prison 8) anyway, forget about that and lets focus on the subject, thanks bai :D

BTW Base's remains' already in the Phil........

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2009 12:08 pm 
Heavyweight

:(

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2009 9:13 pm 
Heavyweight

RIP

If you have been criticized and charged with negative things by other people; don't get affected. Their opinion is not your reality. It's theirs. Their negativity is a reflection of their own unhappy existence.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2009 11:17 pm 
Heavyweight

My sincere condolence to the bereaved Base family. :( :(

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 48 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next