Pacland's Philippine Boxing Forum

Discussion on boxing and other sports, Filipino greats and anything under the sun.
It is currently Mon Nov 19, 2018 10:36 pm

All times are UTC + 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1951 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57 ... 131  Next
PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2009 2:17 am 
Heavyweight

tvd0904 wrote:
Desert Fox wrote:
abangan natin sasabihin ni kamsky sa press conference..... :D

“Everything was decided in the first game. At one point I was hoping that I could win against this player with my experience, - said Gata after the match. – But sadly, my opponent was not that easy to beat, as I was expecting.”

Gata Kamsky is humble in his defeat.. just like David Diaz... Next is ODLH, Hatton and Cotto of World Chess cup.. :D

he was so effing fast. fast fast fast ! I thought Freddi Roach was in there, but he got no coach !

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2009 2:18 am 
Cruiserweight

This boy won't last last long if he can't find support from sponsors...Brothers let us help Wes.....I beg you sirs, let us do our share....

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2009 2:24 am 
Heavyweight

joeyj wrote:
Wesley So scalped his second Super GM and knocked Kamsky out of the tournament

The World Cup 2009 is experiencing an irreplaceable loss – the young Wesley So from the Philippines made a draw in the second game of Round 3 and knocked out the last World Cup winner, Gata Kamsky. “Everything was decided in the first game. At one point I was hoping that I could win against this player with my experience, - said Gata after the match. – But sadly, my opponent was not that easy to beat, as I was expecting.”

It is obvious: a new fantastic “gold nugget” has been found in Khanty Mansiysk now. Most probably in the nearest future, he will aspire for a place among the chess elite. And this is clear: no one from the high-class favourites can defeat him here. “The fact that Wesley So was born and grew up in a non-chess country, the Philippines , speaks about his fantastic talent,” – says the commentator of the Cup GM Sergey Shipov. To make the picture clear, we should also mention that he is practically self-educated and very enthusiastic. He has no coach and no financial support from the Government.

Read more: >>> http://ugra-chess.ru/eng/news_12.htm

Kamsky didnt know that Chess is so popular in our country......just go to cubao or avenida...... :lol:

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2009 2:28 am 
Heavyweight

blackwater wrote:
This boy won't last last long if he can't find support from sponsors...Brothers let us help Wes.....I beg you sirs, let us do our share....

Shame to our govt. :(

To make the picture clear, we should also mention that he is practically self-educated and very enthusiastic. He has no coach and no financial support from the Government.

http://ugra-chess.ru/eng/news_12.htm

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2009 2:32 am 
Cruiserweight

Desert Fox wrote:
blackwater wrote:

To make the picture clear, we should also mention that he is practically self-educated and very enthusiastic. He has no coach and no financial support from the Government.

I'm willing to give part of my humble salary for this boy just to help him...I'm really sincere in helping this boy make it to the top, he is almost there...His win is for all of us as Pinoys...

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2009 2:34 am 
Heavyweight

Desert Fox wrote:
joeyj wrote:

The World Cup 2009 is experiencing an irreplaceable loss – the young Wesley So from the Philippines made a draw in the second game of Round 3 and knocked out the last World Cup winner, Gata Kamsky. “Everything was decided in the first game. At one point I was hoping that I could win against this player with my experience, - said Gata after the match. – But sadly, my opponent was not that easy to beat, as I was expecting.”

It is obvious: a new fantastic “gold nugget” has been found in Khanty Mansiysk now. Most probably in the nearest future, he will aspire for a place among the chess elite. And this is clear: no one from the high-class favourites can defeat him here. “The fact that Wesley So was born and grew up in a non-chess country, the Philippines , speaks about his fantastic talent,” – says the commentator of the Cup GM Sergey Shipov. To make the picture clear, we should also mention that he is practically self-educated and very enthusiastic. He has no coach and no financial support from the Government.

Kamsky didnt know that Chess is so popular in our country......just go to cubao or avenida...... :lol:

I think what he meant was no real chess program for their players. filipino players are not spoon-fed unlike the European and American counterparts. kumbaga chess in other countries is not just a hobby but it's a profession. di lang medal ang nakukuha nila. aren't you wondering why there are a lot of famous and successful american and european chess players? that's because they are well funded and earn something from it.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2009 2:36 am 
Heavyweight

MIC TYSON wrote:
Desert Fox wrote:
joeyj wrote:

I think what he meant was no real chess program for their players. filipino players are not spoon-fed unlike the European and American counterparts. kumbaga chess in other countries is not just a hobby but it's a profession. di lang medal ang nakukuha nila. aren't you wondering why there are a lot of famous and successful american and european chess players? that's because they are well funded and earn something from it.

It was a pinoy humor bro.... :D

Agreed to that broMIC.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2009 2:45 am 
Heavyweight

Desert Fox wrote:

It was a pinoy humor bro.... :D

Agreed to that broMIC.

Sorry about that. di ko kagad nakuha yung humor because I feel really bad for our players. that's the reason I also quit early eventhough I enjoyed it because I get nothing from it. although I still enjoy the thinking game because lalo na at walang ginagawa is magandang pampalipas ng oras and you still think about it eventhough you are finished playing the game already. lalo na if you lost, you always wonder or determine and analyze what you did wrong. kaka-addict kung tutuusin.

regarding your comment, nakakatawa nga ! there is truth to that ! :D

nandun pa kaya si Mang Elmer? hala pusta na ! :lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2009 3:11 am 
Welterweight

Desert Fox wrote:
blackwater wrote:

Yeah! Amen to that. But guess what if ever Wesley will be able to bring the bacon home...pustahan tayo, he's going to have a courtesy call in the palace. That's the only time that they will recognize him.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2009 5:10 am 
Light Heavyweight

Desert Fox wrote:
blackwater wrote:

\
Oh Well we and the government was more likely to support those sports were we have no chance to excel in the world level. You guys know what i mean, isn't it.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2009 5:25 am 
To support Wesley So, someone should initiate some convincing and persuasive acts with big companies like oil companies...Petron, Shell, Caltex.. or SMC, Motolite, etc etc.

Wesley could wear jackets with logos of his company sponsors.

ABS-CBN or GMA could give some broadcast time.

Nowadays, sports are giving positive views about the Philippines to the world.

We have to seize this moments. We need someone to drum up support for sports especially for Wesley So, the MP of world chess.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2009 5:57 am 
Welterweight

Desert Fox wrote:
abangan natin sasabihin ni kamsky sa press conference..... :D

The World Cup 2009 is experiencing an irreplaceable loss – the young Wesley So from the Philippines made a draw in the second game of Round 2 and knocked out the last World Cup winner, Gata Kamsky. “Everything was decided in the first game. At one point I was hoping that I could win against this player with my experience, - said Gata after the match. – But sadly, my opponent was not that easy to beat, as I was expecting.”

Judit Polgar played an excellent game against the rating favourite of the World Cup, Boris Gelfand. “The chess program was trying to find some defense for black but the solutions it offered, were too hard to realize for a human being,” – says Shipov. “Gelfand made one main mistake: he positioned pieces far from the king. He forgot how dangerous Judit could be in her attacks”. Bravo, Judit! To recover a from a loss in the first game against the tough Israeli player is a big feat.

The Ukrainian/Russian Sergey Karjakin and the Ukrainian Alexander Areschenko also recovered from a first game loss to equalize their match scores against David Navara from the Czech Republic and Dmitry Jakovenko of Russia, respectively.

Alexey Shirov managed to stop the marvelous series of 58 games without a loss, of the Russian Chess Champion Evgeny Tomashevsky. “The analysis of my loss of this game could make it clear: I should not play in the Cup,” – ironically mentioned Evgeny. “It could happen to anyone. It is a pity that my story stopped such ingloriously”.

Another series have been stopped at the Cup – Shakhriyar Mamedyarov made his first draw after five wins. Still it did not affect his qualification to the next Round

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2009 7:38 am 
Heavyweight

milk formula and vitamin brands will sure go for Wesley as endorser when he goes back to the country...

i hope a permanent big company will give him sponsorship when he goes back...

the government is not very responsive... :?

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2009 7:59 am 
Middleweight

Wesley So should hire himself an agent, just like most of the successful athletes and entertainers. Let the agent find sponsors and other sort of income. I think 10% of income is the standard rate. Very important that the agent know how to sell Wesley.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2009 8:17 am 
Middleweight

Quote:
How come that you became another victim of the new star of the Cup – So?

Everything is clear: my opponent was better prepared and I was always choosing the wrong openings. In the first game I played recklessly and got a problematic position. I thought I could manage to beat this fellow on class. But he turned out to be very serious chess player. In the second game I had to solve a difficult problem: it is almost impossible to beat a good player with black. I played the Dutch Defense, sacrificed a pawn and got some chances. But at one point I went too far and the advantages for my opponent were clear enough. I offered a draw so as not to suffer…

I like Kamsky's comment with Wesley So's performance than Chuck Norris :D . He's also my idol way back then.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1951 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57 ... 131  Next