Pacland's Philippine Boxing Forum

Discussion on boxing and other sports, Filipino greats and anything under the sun.
It is currently Sun Dec 17, 2017 12:21 pm

All times are UTC + 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 65 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2009 9:44 am 
Heavyweight

UP!!!

I Love You Longkalog71
I Love You Morpheus24

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2009 1:17 pm 
Light Heavyweight

Sana marinig ng mga Enervon o di kaya Sustagen, ano pa ba?

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2009 1:25 pm 
Middleweight

UP. UP. UP. UP. UP. UP. UP. UP. UP. UP. UP. UP. UP. UP. UP. UP. UP. UP. UP. UP. UP. UP. UP. UP. UP. UP. UP. UP. UP. UP. UP. UP. UP. UP. UP. UP. UP. UP. UP. UP. UP. UP. UP. UP. UP. UP. UP. UP. UP. UP. UP. UP. UP. UP. UP. UP. UP. UP. UP. UP. UP. UP. UP. UP. UP. UP. UP. UP. UP. UP. UP. UP. 8)

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2009 4:09 pm 
Heavyweight

ASONG KALYE wrote:
Ronnie Cruz wrote:
Yeah this kid needs all kind of support, most especially financial support.

Wesley is not poor, he cud even be better than me and u. He's chinese and both parents are accountants, they can afford a million chessboards if they have to. There are more more poorer athletes than this kid.

Wesley So's father is currently not working as an accountant. Here are some details from 'nanobrain' from Wesley So's page in chessgames.com:

Link: http://www.chessgames.com/perl/chesspla ... reply51522

"After the games and the pictures, let me do something different here, for a change. Let me introduce you all [especially to those who are abroad/in the provinces] to Wesley's Dad, Mr. William So.

During lunch last November 2, there were two long tables and I had the privilege of being with the group of Mr. William So, Sugardom, his lovely wife, Kapmigz, Wordfunph, and others. Wesley was at the other table with Mr. Reginald Tee and the young guns of BW (Barangay Wesley chess club).

Mr. William So has a naturally happy disposition, always smiling, and with plenty of stories to tell. His father was pure Chinese, his mother was, if I remember right, a Cebuana of [half?] Chinese parentage. Mr. William So speaks Chinese but somehow never got to teach the language to Wesley and his two sisters.

He was not ashamed to tell us that he is a stay-at-home Dad, even as his wife, Mrs. Leny So does office work and, from the impression I got, is the main breadwinner in the family.

Recalling the days when Wesley and his older sister were still young [he was with his youngest, Wilma, less than 7 years old, I guess] he face lighted up with joy narrating how--as the stay-at-home parent--he has had the pleasure of teaching the young kids games, math, reading, etc. while at home. From what I gathered, he was the one who introduced Wesley to chess.

He recalled with pride Wesley's initial failures and successes in chess as a very young boy. For him, however, the next best thing that happened after the discovery of Wesley's talent in the game, was their getting to know Mr. Reginald Tee. Mr. Tee has always been the one who has stood by Wesley and the So family, and whose support has been proven to be true and unwavering. In fact, when he was talking about Mr. Tee, I felt he wanted to cross to the other table and shake Mr. Tee's hand again to thank him.

Without giving details [and without me asking for them], he confided to us that sometimes Wesley would not do what he asks him to do, and they would argue. He said this, however, not with any resentment. He said he is sure that is normal for teenagers and when Wesley is in his 20's already, he would appreciate more what he has done as a father. Along the way, he blurted out that even if he is a Chinese, he belonged to the poor Chinese. Maybe, he theorized, his children looks at him differently because he's mostly at home and just drives a school bus. But you can sense his deep love for his wife and children. He said he could not give them luxury, mostly just his time, commitment, presence and dedication. Quite poignant was when he recalls bringing the young Wesley and his sisters to Burger King where he contented himself with just the bottomless softdrinks, without eating the burgers, as he wanted his kids to have their fill and so he can also save a little money.

When he was telling me this, what came to my mind were...birds. Not because both Mr. William So and I had birds [he, he], but because I know of certain types of mama and papa birds who would go great distances to get food, and when they find it, even if they are hungry themselves, would not eat the food and instead go back to their nests and give the food to their young. Then I told myself, as I continue gawking at Mr. William So's eternal smile, that this may not be a perfect father, but is nevertheless a great one. Some fathers would bring tons of money to the family table, or would be on tv or in the papers all the time, but would have very little time with his family, especially his children. We all know what children like this become when they grow up. Now here is a father at the other end of the fame/money spectrum. Low-key, not famous, does simple work, but gives his all to his family.

Meeting Mr. William So, for me, solves a part of the mystery of this fine, young man, GM Wesley So."

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2009 4:22 pm 
Heavyweight

mysql wrote:
ASONG KALYE wrote:
Ronnie Cruz wrote:
Yeah this kid needs all kind of support, most especially financial support.

Wesley is not poor, he cud even be better than me and u. He's chinese and both parents are accountants, they can afford a million chessboards if they have to. There are more more poorer athletes than this kid.

Wesley So's father is currently not working as an accountant. Here are some details from 'nanobrain' from Wesley So's page in chessgames.com:

Link: http://www.chessgames.com/perl/chesspla ... reply51522

"After the games and the pictures, let me do something different here, for a change. Let me introduce you all [especially to those who are abroad/in the provinces] to Wesley's Dad, Mr. William So.

During lunch last November 2, there were two long tables and I had the privilege of being with the group of Mr. William So, Sugardom, his lovely wife, Kapmigz, Wordfunph, and others. Wesley was at the other table with Mr. Reginald Tee and the young guns of BW (Barangay Wesley chess club).

Mr. William So has a naturally happy disposition, always smiling, and with plenty of stories to tell. His father was pure Chinese, his mother was, if I remember right, a Cebuana of [half?] Chinese parentage. Mr. William So speaks Chinese but somehow never got to teach the language to Wesley and his two sisters.

He was not ashamed to tell us that he is a stay-at-home Dad, even as his wife, Mrs. Leny So does office work and, from the impression I got, is the main breadwinner in the family.

Recalling the days when Wesley and his older sister were still young [he was with his youngest, Wilma, less than 7 years old, I guess] he face lighted up with joy narrating how--as the stay-at-home parent--he has had the pleasure of teaching the young kids games, math, reading, etc. while at home. From what I gathered, he was the one who introduced Wesley to chess.

He recalled with pride Wesley's initial failures and successes in chess as a very young boy. For him, however, the next best thing that happened after the discovery of Wesley's talent in the game, was their getting to know Mr. Reginald Tee. Mr. Tee has always been the one who has stood by Wesley and the So family, and whose support has been proven to be true and unwavering. In fact, when he was talking about Mr. Tee, I felt he wanted to cross to the other table and shake Mr. Tee's hand again to thank him.

Without giving details [and without me asking for them], he confided to us that sometimes Wesley would not do what he asks him to do, and they would argue. He said this, however, not with any resentment. He said he is sure that is normal for teenagers and when Wesley is in his 20's already, he would appreciate more what he has done as a father. Along the way, he blurted out that even if he is a Chinese, he belonged to the poor Chinese. Maybe, he theorized, his children looks at him differently because he's mostly at home and just drives a school bus. But you can sense his deep love for his wife and children. He said he could not give them luxury, mostly just his time, commitment, presence and dedication. Quite poignant was when he recalls bringing the young Wesley and his sisters to Burger King where he contented himself with just the bottomless softdrinks, without eating the burgers, as he wanted his kids to have their fill and so he can also save a little money.

When he was telling me this, what came to my mind were...birds. Not because both Mr. William So and I had birds [he, he], but because I know of certain types of mama and papa birds who would go great distances to get food, and when they find it, even if they are hungry themselves, would not eat the food and instead go back to their nests and give the food to their young. Then I told myself, as I continue gawking at Mr. William So's eternal smile, that this may not be a perfect father, but is nevertheless a great one. Some fathers would bring tons of money to the family table, or would be on tv or in the papers all the time, but would have very little time with his family, especially his children. We all know what children like this become when they grow up. Now here is a father at the other end of the fame/money spectrum. Low-key, not famous, does simple work, but gives his all to his family.

Meeting Mr. William So, for me, solves a part of the mystery of this fine, young man, GM Wesley So."

wHO'S Sugardom, Kapmigz, Wordfunph?

Basta sexy libre, basta tambok doble.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2009 4:29 pm 
Heavyweight

ASONG KALYE wrote:

Handles of some Wesley So supporters in chessgames.com.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2009 5:06 pm 
Heavyweight

mysql wrote:
ASONG KALYE wrote:

Wonder why his dad never worked if he's accountant. Job has good money. Life is hard esp nowadays.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2009 6:28 pm 
Heavyweight

ASONG KALYE wrote:
mysql wrote:
ASONG KALYE wrote:

Wonder why his dad never worked if he's accountant. Job has good money. Life is hard esp nowadays.

Maybe it's his mother who's an accountant. Where did you get info that his father is an accountant?

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2009 7:01 pm 
Heavyweight

mysql wrote:
Maybe it's his mother who's an accountant. Where did you get info that his father is an accountant?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wesley_So

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2009 9:11 pm 
Heavyweight

ASONG KALYE wrote:
mysql wrote:

Maybe former accountant. Let me ask those who know wesley if they can clarify this.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2009 9:14 pm 
Heavyweight

mysql wrote:
ASONG KALYE wrote:
mysql wrote:

Maybe former accountant. Let me ask those who know wesley if they can clarify this.

Please clarify, coz there maybe some things we don't know...

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2009 12:02 pm 
Heavyweight

UP!!! :D

I Love You Longkalog71
I Love You Morpheus24

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2009 12:11 pm 
Heavyweight

up :D

Jollibee will surely benefit if they sponsor Wesley...

paging Mr.Tony Tan Caktiong (Chairman, Jollibee Foods Corporation)

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2009 12:29 pm 
Middleweight

UP UP UP UP WESLEY

PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2014 12:54 pm 
Cruiserweight

wow. this is the thread before blackwater became a hater. :lol:

and this is also the thread w/c affirms where conversations between asong kalye & mysql are NOT one & the same person. :lol: :lol:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 65 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next