Pacland's Philippine Boxing Forum

Discussion on boxing and other sports, Filipino greats and anything under the sun.
It is currently Tue Oct 24, 2017 7:23 pm

All times are UTC + 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 24774 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 1645, 1646, 1647, 1648, 1649, 1650, 1651, 1652  Next
PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2017 12:00 pm 
Heavyweight

DTruthshallmakeufree wrote:
The truth is Wesley is only of a top 10 caliber, not a candidate. He is not psychologically tough, always playing humble, not a real warrior. Although he might occasionally beat them in single games, I doubt that he can beat he likes of Aronian, MVL and Liren (already beat him in 2 matches) in matches consisting of a series of games which include rapid and blitz. He might even have problems with Nakamura and Fabi, not to mention the champ, Carlsen.

I, so, agree with this. Wesley is still young. He probably has mastered his repertoire but he's not ready as of yet. i still don't see him challenging Carlsen for the title. He's mentally weak under extreme pressure, against equally skilled opponents. The best champions we had in the past like Fischer and Kasparov had unrivaled killer instincts. Even Karpov, at his peak, was never intimidated by anybody.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2017 1:41 pm 
Featherweight

So is very hard to beat in a World championship. He can draw everytime he wants to and can push for a win if he wants to. Of course given that he is in a superb condition.

Rapid and Blits are not a factor in World championship, not that i know of.
As I said, if Ding didn't get lucky that So didn't protect his advantage when they played white in classical game. So is a clear winner.

I don't put much value on Rapid and Blits btw, not as much as the classical, where So became #2 last year.

So anybody here who says So is or seems at low level, lower than Ding, is just plain inaccurate in his assessment. It doesn't matter how much English article nor vocabularies one can articulate.

Assessment wise, So is currently a good contender. And what is scary for the rest is, So is just 23 & still improving. Coming from Karpov himself!

My 2 cents.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2017 4:03 pm 
Cruiserweight

grecinto wrote:
So is very hard to beat in a World championship. He can draw everytime he wants to and can push for a win if he wants to. Of course given that he is in a superb condition.

As I said, if Ding didn't get lucky that So didn't protect his advantage when they played white in classical game. So is a clear winner.

I don't put much value on Rapid and Blits btw, not as much as the classical, where So became #2 last year.

So anybody here who says So is or seems at low level, lower than Ding, is just plain inaccurate in his assessment. It doesn't matter how much English article nor vocabularies one can articulate.

Assessment wise, So is currently a good contender. And what is scary for the rest is, So is just 23 & still improving. Coming from Karpov himself!

My 2 cents.

+100X :)
Sa madaling salita kahit si Magnus pa may tulog kay Wesley sa WCC. Although ang alam ko lamang parin si Magnus kay Wesley sa head to head battle sa classical. Kahit siguro sa mga pelong katunggali tulad ni lagrave ay kayang talunin ni Wesley kapag WCC na! Go Wesley So! You always make us proud! To God be the Glory!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2017 4:11 pm 
Cruiserweight

Ngaragan pala yung kay lagrave & levon hanep! Nnlo si levon, :)
Levon vs Ding sa finals :)

https://tbilisi2017.fide.com/pairings-tree/

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2017 4:20 pm 
Cruiserweight

grecinto wrote:

My 2 cents.

Si Kasparov may sabi nun bro grecinto, :)
http://chesshive.com/2017/05/garry-kasp ... s-carlsen/

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2017 4:34 pm 
Heavyweight

iilang lang yang naka 2800 level and yet Wes being tag as not yet a candidate...

nakngteteng... hanggang saan ba pwede kayo mapapaniwala ni wes...

ayan ang highest rating... Wes is the highest achiever this year...

nakngteteng kayong mga magagaling...

ahihihihihihihi

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2017 5:40 pm 
Light Heavyweight

I just like to share these good interviews to the late Mark Dvoretsky. He is a famous trainer and author of the famous book Endgame Manual. Interesting read. 8)

http://en.chessbase.com/post/mark-dvore ... iew-part-i
http://en.chessbase.com/post/mark-dvore ... iew-part-i

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2017 5:52 pm 
Bantamweight

Junorz wrote:
DTruthshallmakeufree wrote:
The truth is Wesley is only of a top 10 caliber, not a candidate. He is not psychologically tough, always playing humble, not a real warrior. Although he might occasionally beat them in single games, I doubt that he can beat he likes of Aronian, MVL and Liren (already beat him in 2 matches) in matches consisting of a series of games which include rapid and blitz. He might even have problems with Nakamura and Fabi, not to mention the champ, Carlsen.

I, so, agree with this. Wesley is still young. He probably has mastered his repertoire but he's not ready as of yet. i still don't see him challenging Carlsen for the title. He's mentally weak under extreme pressure, against equally skilled opponents. The best champions we had in the past like Fischer and Kasparov had unrivaled killer instincts. Even Karpov, at his peak, was never intimidated by anybody.

I don't agree with the both of you. What you both describe can be attributed to the current top 10 chess players. Wesley not a chess warrior? You're kidding right? Wesley seldom relinquishes the initiative once he gets it. He almost always converts an advantage into a win. Remember how Wesley grinded down Kramnik and Karjakin in a manner that is like squeezing blood out of stone in the last Shamkir Chess tournament.? Why do you only remember the recent Sinquenfield tournament and recent World cup loss to Ding in a blitz tie breaker and not the other excellent wins of Wesley the past year?

Remember that most of the top 15 players were knocked out in the Chess World Cup, including the world champion. Only Ding, Wesley, MVL and Aronian remained. Aronian and MVL's excellent run are only recent. They can't remain in that form for so long. Every chess player has their slumps, even Carlsen. Wesley's excellent streak was a year ago where he remained undefeated for so long. I believe the last Siquenfield cup was Wesley's slump.

As I see it, Wesley can play against the very best of the top chess players. He proved this when he was ranked #2 in the world for many months. A loss here and there don't amount to much. Every chess player including Carlsen also loses from time to time. Don't take my world for it, take the word of probably the best chess player of all time, Gary Kasparov, when he chose Wesley as one of the most likely contenders to challenge Carlsen at the top.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2017 6:22 pm 
Bantamweight

Wesley also didn't lose a classical game in the World Cup. Compare that to other top 20 chess players that competed in that tournament. Wesley is used to high profile games and tournament where nerves of steel are required. Wesley already proved it several times.

Olympiad, Baku 2016 - Gold Medal
2017 U.S. Chess Champion
2016 Tata Steel Masters Champion
2016 Sinquefield Cup Champion
2016 the London Chess Classic Champion

Now,compare Wesley's achievements with that of Ding, MVL and Aronian in recent years. Whose ahead?

Wesley showed he can be the best as shown by his super tournament wins. If that does not show nerves of steel, I don't know what will.

Some here remember Ding's win against Wesley in the blitz world cup tie breaker and use that to belittle Wesley. I remember how Wesley defeated Ding in a classic game where Wesley sacrificed a Queen in exchange for 3 minor pieces in the 2015 Bilbao Chess Masters. Now, that's an excellent win to win the over all tournament.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2017 10:44 pm 
Heavyweight

chess2020 wrote:
Wesley also didn't lose a classical game in the World Cup. Compare that to other top 20 chess players that competed in that tournament. Wesley is used to high profile games and tournament where nerves of steel are required. Wesley already proved it several times.

Olympiad, Baku 2016 - Gold Medal
2017 U.S. Chess Champion
2016 Tata Steel Masters Champion
2016 Sinquefield Cup Champion
2016 the London Chess Classic Champion

Now,compare Wesley's achievements with that of Ding, MVL and Aronian in recent years. Whose ahead?

Wesley showed he can be the best as shown by his super tournament wins. If that does not show nerves of steel, I don't know what will.

Some here remember Ding's win against Wesley in the blitz world cup tie breaker and use that to belittle Wesley. I remember how Wesley defeated Ding in a classic game where Wesley sacrificed a Queen in exchange for 3 minor pieces in the 2015 Bilbao Chess Masters. Now, that's an excellent win to win the over all tournament.

nice....

nice din yung isa pang post para sa magagaling....

ahihihihihihihihi

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2017 12:35 am 
Featherweight

Mga kababayan, hindi kaya yung ilan dito sa atin ang goal ay hindi to cheer and to support Wesley? Mukhang ang goal ay to pull him down. Baka nmn mga spies or bata ng kabilang kampo sila.

Baka hindi pinoy mga yan, hindi kaya? Tanong lang, kasi mga koment nila hindi nakaka encourage e, nakakasira ng confidence kung babasahin ni Wes. :(

Sana mali ako.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2017 7:34 am 
Cruiserweight

grecinto wrote:
Mga kababayan, hindi kaya yung ilan dito sa atin ang goal ay hindi to cheer and to support Wesley? Mukhang ang goal ay to pull him down. Baka nmn mga spies or bata ng kabilang kampo sila.

Baka hindi pinoy mga yan, hindi kaya? Tanong lang, kasi mga koment nila hindi nakaka encourage e, nakakasira ng confidence kung babasahin ni Wes. :(

Sana mali ako.

matagal ko na rin napansin ang ganyan brad,

kasi mapapansin mo sa mga posts ng mga yan, very venomous talaga

parang may paghihiganti sa dibdib nila :shock:

if I would hazard a guess on their identity, kung hindi sila mismo yun mga pulitikong umapi kay Wes at nagtulak para umalis sa PCF, ay mga dakilang chuwariwariwap yan sila ng mga pulitikong yan na tuwing naaalala ng mga among tunay nila ang pagkapahiya sa ginawa ni Wesley ay sila ang napapagbuntunan ng poot....kaya naman sila no choice kundi ibuhos ang nakimkim na galit dahil naging shock absorbers dito sa forum tuwing merong not-so-successful results si Wes sa competition :lol: :lol:

they really come out of the woodwork tuwing merong mga ganito na pangyayari, mga matatawag natin na slight disappointments.....

bitter kasi mga yan mga kawawa ak ak ak :lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2017 7:38 am 
Cruiserweight

malamag yan mga yan yung mga taga-fluff ng rice nung mga pulpolitikong umaway ke Wes :biglaugh:

taga-bigay ng suklay
taga-maneho at bitbit ng shopping bags ng amo
taga-hintay sa pinto ng hotel room habang me binabarurot ang amo na GRO, sandali lang naman mga 5mins lang :lol:

kaya we understand, alangan namang maghudas pa kayo sa among tunay niyo, ano yun, naghudasan ang mga tunay na hudas sa bayan hihihih :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2017 8:12 am 
Heavyweight

grecinto wrote:

Sana mali ako.

sa polsec nga minura ng malutong si idol digong, tsinismis ang tagong yaman..

and eventually humimod pa rin after...

makikila ksya nyo? ngesshu?

ahihihiihihihihihihi

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2017 11:27 am 
Bantamweight

Tama kayo, obvious naman na sinisiraan lang si Wesley. Mga bashers at haters lang. Yun siguro papel na nakikita nila sa buhay.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 24774 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 1645, 1646, 1647, 1648, 1649, 1650, 1651, 1652  Next