Pacland's Philippine Boxing Forum

Discussion on boxing and other sports, Filipino greats and anything under the sun.
It is currently Sun Nov 19, 2017 4:36 pm

All times are UTC + 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 24794 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 1636, 1637, 1638, 1639, 1640, 1641, 1642 ... 1653  Next
PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2017 2:30 am 
Cruiserweight

Wesley is awaiting for the winner between Nepo and Jobava who will be playing in tiebreak. If he survives, he will be facing the winner between Fedoseev and Rodshtein.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2017 9:32 am 
Bantamweight

If this was a fan page of Carlsen, Anand, Kramnik, Nakamura, Mamedyarov, Adams, Wei Yi and Karjakin, the so called critics here would have probably bashed the said players already for being kicked out early. They don't know that the pressure to excel in the Chess World Cup is immense. As one article mentioned, the underdogs came more prepared than the top chess players. I remember reading what Wesley said about lower rated chess players, that they are very dangerous because they have nothing to lose and all to gain in beating top rated chess players. That's why they will try their very best to win. That may explain why Wesley takes no unnecessary risks and accepts a draw with a lower rated player if he sees there's no chance of winning. He knows that even if you belong to the top 10 chess players in the world, you can't win every time.

Wesley is so far just playing quietly, not even mentioned in some chess articles. He's recent poor performance in the Sinquenfield I think dampened the chess press' interest in him. They only love you if you're a winner. The best I think for Wesley staying away from the limelight to concentrate on chess and not be distracted.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2017 9:58 am 
Heavyweight

currently wesley is the top seed now...

and his top ten groups are falling side by side...

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2017 11:32 am 
Heavyweight

Go Wesley So. Hoping you will go all the way to the championship round... More power to you... :angel: :angel: :angel:

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2017 12:13 pm 
Heavyweight

Our prayers for your continued success, GM Wesley So. God Bless! 8)

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2017 2:34 pm 
Cruiserweight

good luck Wes,
hope you go all the way :D

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2017 3:44 pm 
Cruiserweight

There is a possibility that Wesley and Caruana will face each other in the 6th round if and only if...
Caruana survives his

1. 3rd round tiebreak with Najer
2. then win over the winner of match between Rapport and Li
3. and win again over the winner of match between Wang and Ding and/or Vidit

This is assuming Wesley also wins his 4th round match with either Nepo or Jobava and 5th round too between Fedoseev and Rodshtein. On the way to the top, Wesley will have less pressure (opponent wise) compared to Caruana.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2017 10:31 pm 
Cruiserweight

malem50 wrote:
There is a possibility that Wesley and Caruana will face each other in the 6th round if and only if...
Caruana survives his

1. 3rd round tiebreak with Najer
2. then win over the winner of match between Rapport and Li
3. and win again over the winner of match between Wang and Ding and/or Vidit

This is assuming Wesley also wins his 4th round match with either Nepo or Jobava and 5th round too between Fedoseev and Rodshtein. On the way to the top, Wesley will have less pressure (opponent wise) compared to Caruana.

Another big gun fell by the wayside. Caruana lost to Najer in tiebreaks. While Wesley will be facing Jobava, who beats Nepo in his own tiebreaks. His way to the top is getting clearer every round.

Meanwhile, Aronian and Giri still tied after 2 tiebreaks match ups with Matlakov and Sethuraman respectively.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2017 10:36 pm 
Heavyweight

wesley is resting and preparing his battle plan while others are slugging out on blitz game for tiebreak...

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2017 8:03 pm 
Cruiserweight

Wesley, playing white drew with Jobava as everybody else's except Vassily Ivanchuk defeating Anish Giri (1-0) and Fedoseev (1)-Rodshtein (0). Keep in mind that the winner between Fedoseev/Rodshtein will be the potential opponent of Wesley (assuming Wesley will get pass Jobava).

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2017 6:30 pm 
Cruiserweight

Wesley drew his second match with Jobava and will now go and play in the tiebreaks.

Meanwhile, Ivanchuk demolishes Giri and will now face Aronian. Another 2 big guns playing against each other.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2017 8:16 pm 
Heavyweight

Wesley wins rapids first game vs Jobava, yehey!

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2017 8:31 pm 
Heavyweight

draw is enough for the second rapid games...

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2017 9:23 pm 
Heavyweight

So now in final 8 for the WC, as he draw the 2nd rapid game. Could have pressed for a win (So's R vs B) but needed only a draw to advance

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2017 10:05 pm 
Welterweight

Congrats sa aming kababayan, ka-eskuwela dati, puede na ring kapitbahay....WESLEY SO!!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 24794 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 1636, 1637, 1638, 1639, 1640, 1641, 1642 ... 1653  Next