Let us learn from our Neighbors !!!
In addition to Vietnam let us also learn from China experience ...China
is now a major chess power and proved so graphically at the 2006 37th Chess Olympiad in Turin when the men's team came second and the women's team third for easily the best result overall. The Chinese progress has been underpinned by large government support and testing competition in numerous tough events.
read more: >>> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chess_in_China
As of Jan 2010 Fide Listing ... China ranked 4th in the Top Countries listing. >>> http://ratings.fide.com/topfed.phtml
It has two(2) Hyper GMs:
1 Wang, Yue g CHN 2749 1987
2 Wang, Hao g CHN 2715 1989
and seven(7) Super GMs
1 Bu, Xiangzhi g CHN 2673 1985
2 Ni, Hua g CHN 2657 1983
3 Zhou, Jianchao g CHN 2632 1988
4 Zhang, Pengxiang g CHN 2605 1980
5 Li, Chao b g CHN 2604 1989
6 Ye, Jiangchuan g CHN 2602 1960
7 Zhou, Weiqi g CHN 2600 1986
Current YOUNGEST IN FIDE's Top Players Lists is:
Hou, Yifan g CHN 2590 (Born Feb 27, 1994)
is just 10 elo short of becoming a Super GM.
Yu Yangyi is another China's top junior chess player, who in October 2009 at the age of 15, became China's 29th Grandmaster.
Yu, Yangyi g CHN 2574 (Born June 8, 1994)
What's China secret ??? That we have to learn !!!
China's Chess Organization ... The Chinese Chess Association (CCA) is the governing body of chess in China. ref: >>> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chinese_Chess_Association
The CCA selects and finances the Chinese national team for the biannual Chess Olympiad, World Team Chess Championships (every 4 years), Asian Team Chess Championships, Asian Chess Games, Asian Indoor Games, national chess summits, and it also funds players' training and for them to participate in individual tournaments.
Chinese National Team has a complete Team Managers & Training Staff (Coaches).
As for the funding ...
Officials of the Chinese Chess Association are appointed by the National Sports Committee which also provides funding.
The Chinese Chess Association, in 1993, received an endowment fund from Singapore businessman Mr. S T Lee who donated about US $1.5 million. 10% of this donation was for the establishment of the Chess library in China QiYuan. The remaining 90% were deposited in a fixed account from which the Chinese Chess Association drew interest mainly for its administrative operations and to send players for overseas competitions.
In 1997, the Chinese Chess Association founded a computer firm to fund its other activities on an annual basis.