Pacland's Philippine Boxing Forum

Discussion on boxing and other sports, Filipino greats and anything under the sun.
It is currently Fri Oct 19, 2018 1:49 am

All times are UTC + 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 46 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2015 7:00 pm 
Lightweight

Same here I started playing in chess.com 3 weeks ago and it's been a good progress. I noticed the problems you are talking about and I'm thinking of paying their terms might probably give the solution to the problems like signal and slowness etc. of their website and it really affects you game. I might give a go for just one month membership to find out the difference. But I can tell you the Philippine flag bearers they are good players and I'm proud to notice it. I am carrying Australian flag though.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2015 7:25 pm 
Welterweight

I am using this same user name in chess.com. Let's have a pacland tournament again. Blitz game is good. I don't know if you can set the tournament up that way

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2015 8:20 pm 
Heavyweight

ryan_c wrote:
It really depends on a computer chess program/settings. There are weak and strong program/settings.

Kudos to what you did. But there are players there, who are not titled, that has 2000 and above rating. I will be impressed if you can reach 2000. Your opponent's average rating is 1668. There are many players there who has 180O rating that has 1700 and above as average rating of their opponent.

In chess(or other competition) there are ups and down. You might be 1800 now at blitz, but the next day you might find yourself at 1700.

But who knows,you might have talent for chess.

I thought about it, but I played all of them anyway no matter how strong they are and it makes my game even stronger. I think I can do 2000+ because Ive been playing 1900+ now and beat them most of the time. The problems are those program who only play 1 game and run away after one game I don't get the chance to adjust. Also those that distract the time clock that their time even goes up instead of lowering down during end game. Very upsetting then they just run away. In 2 months I noticed chess programs mostly are under 1700 in 5 mins under. I will try now the 10 minutes to give my mind a bit time to think longer. Let's see what happen.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2015 8:27 pm 
Heavyweight

unswanani wrote:
Same here I started playing in chess.com 3 weeks ago and it's been a good progress. I noticed the problems you are talking about and I'm thinking of paying their terms might probably give the solution to the problems like signal and slowness etc. of their website and it really affects you game. I might give a go for just one month membership to find out the difference. But I can tell you the Philippine flag bearers they are good players and I'm proud to notice it. I am carrying Australian flag though.

Nice! I just thought I don't need it because my game goes well...distractions only makes me think and work harder and improve my skills. I get upset at first but at the end of the day I feel improvement in my head. :D I do noticed my time is ticking faster against my opponent I'm sure but I can see that I'm booted out and internet lost connection.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2015 8:34 pm 
Heavyweight

I saw joey once in 2000+ rating in 3 minutes I think they are program. They don't lost connections and the movement are like crazy fast but it's not really that good it's just fast.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2015 8:44 pm 
Heavyweight

If only my opponent don't disturb the time clock or just play fair I'm pretty sure I'll beat the program. I feel they are not strong enough coz I can see their moves.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2015 8:47 pm 
Welterweight

Rating is nothing, it's the quality of the game. You can accumulate high ratings fighting bums :D

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2015 8:50 pm 
Heavyweight

Andy Gidd wrote:
Rating is nothing, it's the quality of the game. You can accumulate high ratings fighting bums :D

Right! :lol: I just play for fun no need to cheat on your opponent. :D

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2015 8:53 pm 
Heavyweight

I'll go there now for 5 or 6 games gets my heart pumping. :D

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2015 11:01 pm 
Heavyweight

It's hard to get past 1900+ I just beat 1900+ bust most are stronger chess programs that can cheat time clock. :D I'm still 1800+ :D

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2015 11:38 pm 
Cruiserweight

alaskador is the name, i only play 3 or more days per move due to my busy schedule.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2015 11:41 pm 
Heavyweight

alaskador2 wrote:
alaskador is the name, i only play 3 or more days per move due to my busy schedule.

Tagal naman yan alaskador no time limit. Okay din yan ng ang kalaban hihimatayin sa kahihintay. :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2015 12:45 am 
Cruiserweight

mahilig kasi ako sa boxing at chess kaya ito gusto ko :lol:

Last edited by hayden_agenda on Thu Sept. 10, 2009 9:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2015 1:22 am 
Lightweight

Let play one day, so I may know , how I stand against you, same username, invite me.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2015 1:54 am 
Heavyweight

[quote="rene6985"]Let play one day, so I may know , how I stand against you, same username, invite me.[/quote

Yep I will lets have some fun. :D

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 46 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next