Pacland's Philippine Boxing Forum

Discussion on boxing and other sports, Filipino greats and anything under the sun.
It is currently Thu Oct 18, 2018 10:51 am

All times are UTC + 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 291 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20  Next
 Post subject: Re: Basic Chess Strategy
PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2016 12:13 pm 
Light Heavyweight

jjcross wrote:
ryan_c wrote:
I will continue it here so as not to pollute the Wesley So thread.

jjcross wrote:

So you know I'm 1800+ in just a few games I played in Chess.com. that was few years back, I didn't even pay monthly fees which I can be cheated from those who were paying...so I lost a few. Don't fool yourself believing you can get 1800+ playing only players rated 1500 besides the site won't allow you to choose who you want to play. By the way that's the only time I played chess. 8) I stop playing when I'm cheated because I didn't pay the fee. They can take points without playing or suddenly I lose at opening game...so I figure it out it's stupid website but I can't blame it that's business they need to earn and pay tax. But they will get it from the idiots. Okay let's watch Wesley the genius. :mrgreen:

You can get easily to 1800+ in few games because it is not yet stabilize. One game can give you 50 points or more. There are players there who even have 1900+ as their best rating, but once the rating stabilize, they are 1500 rated. Once the rating stabilize, you can't get huge points with a win. If you look at chess.com profile, there are 1800+ players who has an average rating of 1500. So yes you can get to 1800+ playing against 1500 rated opponents. You lost a lot against 1700+ players. :D

How can you say you are cheated? In blitz chances of getting cheated is low. Losing points without playing. You are the only one who has that complaint.

What is your username again?

why keep on saying it's not stabilize? You can not choose your opponent in that site. When you beat that rating you always march up higher. When you're at 1800+ you can no longer play 1500+ you will be paired even higher rating player or slightly lower at 1700. I don't know if you pay monthly fees maybe you can choose, I don't know, maybe you know that. You must have played there for years I only play for a month I think. I only played 126 games I think. Rizal said he can play 100+ games a night. I remember maybe in 3 days I pass 1800+ to 1900 but in later games that's what happen...they can take your points without playing or froze their time while mine is running, they can boot me out of the game and it's hard to come back and many other ways to cheat. I think you know all that. So I stop playing after that I figure that out fast it doesn't help your game.
I don't know if you pay the fees maybe it's a fair game.

I don't know how they calculate the rating. But if you played your first few games, a win against low rated player will give you huge points, like 40 points. But once you played many games, a win against low rated opponent will give you not more than 10 points.

It seems you are not familiar with the setting of chess.com. Even if you have 4000 + plus rating, you can still play 1500+ as long you don't restrict rating range. You can restrict the rating range of your opponent. These features are free.

Maybe you are talking about per day game. If you passed your day allowance, you will lose the game.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2016 12:19 am 
Heavyweight

I see. So you know how it works when you pay. Well I don't pay the fees, why should I? I have no options to choose ratings to play. Once I decide to play the pairings is always a little higher or lower than mine, a win can add a lose will lower down my ratings. No you can't get 40+ points in any games maybe 10-15 if your opponent is 100 or 200 more than yours. When I'm at 1200 you can just add up little by little by playing players higher or lower. If you win most of the time you'll always paired higher rated opponents and that's how you earned your ratings. Stop fooling around that you can choose your opponents rating.
If you're not paying fees that's the problem becoz I learn that those who payed can cheat those who don't and take points without even trying to win. They cheat.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2016 9:40 am 
Light Heavyweight

jjcross wrote:
I see. So you know how it works when you pay. Well I don't pay the fees, why should I? I have no options to choose ratings to play. Once I decide to play the pairings is always a little higher or lower than mine, a win can add a lose will lower down my ratings. No you can't get 40+ points in any games maybe 10-15 if your opponent is 100 or 200 more than yours. When I'm at 1200 you can just add up little by little by playing players higher or lower. If you win most of the time you'll always paired higher rated opponents and that's how you earned your ratings. Stop fooling around that you can choose your opponents rating.
If you're not paying fees that's the problem becoz I learn that those who payed can cheat those who don't and take points without even trying to win. They cheat.

I never pay anything at chess.com. I never spend a single bucket on it. When I play at chess.com, I use laptop and not mobile devices. Do you use mobile devices?Yes, if your are new a win will give you huge points. You need to acclimate with the interface.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2016 9:59 am 
Heavyweight

ryan_c wrote:
jjcross wrote:

I never pay anything at chess.com. I never spend a single bucket on it. When I play at chess.com, I use laptop and not mobile devices. Do you use mobile devices?Yes, if your are new a win will give you huge points. You need to acclimate with the interface.

I don't know what you're trying to drive at, you saw my records it even went down a bit but I still manage to get back to 1800+ slowly and it's not easy. I have to beat 1900-2000+ :D

What's your rating?

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2016 10:48 am 
Light Heavyweight

jjcross wrote:
ryan_c wrote:
jjcross wrote:

I don't know what you're trying to drive at, you saw my records it even went down a bit but I still manage to get back to 1800+ slowly and it's not easy. I have to beat 1900-2000+ :D

What's your rating?

In your earlier post here you are boasting. :D

So I told you that what you achieve is not impressive. Your opponent's average rating is 1500+. When you tried playing against 1700+ you always lose. :D

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2016 10:59 am 
Heavyweight

Envy Ryanc that's the reason not boasting. We can play if you want. 8)

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2016 12:00 pm 
Light Heavyweight

jjcross wrote:
Envy Ryanc that's the reason not boasting. We can play if you want. 8)

Let's play live over the board. 8)

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2016 5:06 am 
Heavyweight

well, you're in Philippines I'm here in the US that can't be done. Only in chess.com we can play besides you'll surely find out how much points we get to settle this issue. I haven't played since then so I'm rusty maybe you'll find out what you're looking for. 8)

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2016 3:48 pm 
Light Heavyweight

An Attacker vs An Attacker: Nedzhmetdinov vs Tal - Baku 1961

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MKmuv3qow_A

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2016 5:29 am 
Light Heavyweight

Beginner to Chess Master #19 - Lucena Position (The Shield)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V1QXsV9SKlk

Beginner to Chess Master #20 - Philidor Position (Cut-off King)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bDhPKG9KT38

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2016 8:29 pm 
Light Heavyweight

I just want to share these instructive videos that will help a beginner improve his game. Study/watch them in order.

Chess Fundamentals #1: Undefended Pieces
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ao9i...2l1fI7Z0bYuwwO

Chess Fundamentals #2: Coordination
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TWJ6751RRis

Chess Fundamentals #3: Typical Mistakes
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I5o2d9slUCM

Chess Fundamentals #4: Pawn Play
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h-JGqEiNs-I

Chess Fundamentals #5: Trades
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8kdjSqNcViw

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2016 9:11 pm 
Light Heavyweight

Senate President Koko Pimentel challenges Senator Manny Pacquiao to a friendly chess match

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iolYi6ltoKw

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2016 1:36 pm 
Heavyweight

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2017 8:45 am 
Light Heavyweight

This is the web portal for chess tournament listing in the Philippines.

http://pinoychess.informe.com/forum/nat ... bition-f3/

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2017 8:37 am 
Light Heavyweight

3 Basic Opening Strategy Principles | Chess
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UoFqV1lxA7Q

What Is Tempo in Chess? | Chess
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pt28iNpUQNg

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 291 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20  Next