Pacland's Philippine Boxing Forum

Discussion on boxing and other sports, Filipino greats and anything under the sun.
It is currently Tue Oct 23, 2018 7:52 am

All times are UTC + 8 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 291 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 20  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Basic Chess Strategy
PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2012 5:40 pm 
Offline
Heavyweight
User avatar

Joined: Thu Sep 25, 2008 6:26 pm
Posts: 6913
Location: exactly where i should be....
doubleblade29 wrote:
Ei, TS Where do you play and ano rating mo? Do you have a title, NM, FM, IM or maybe even GM?

Mediocre player here, chesscube ako naglalaro. Maybe you could share some in-game tips.


By in-game, i meant maybe We could play against each other some time.

_________________

It takes forever to know everything.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Basic Chess Strategy
PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2012 5:43 pm 
Offline
Cruiserweight
User avatar

Joined: Sat Apr 17, 2010 10:40 am
Posts: 3889
Location: under your bed
Never play chess with full stomach.
Avoid sex before the match.

_________________
"In times of war, the father bury their sons.
In times of peace, sons bury their father."
-Herodotus


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Basic Chess Strategy
PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2012 6:50 pm 
Offline
Cruiserweight
User avatar

Joined: Thu Nov 16, 2006 5:46 pm
Posts: 3317
Location: The Hague,NETHERLANDS
Re: Computer programs, IMO "Chessmaster" is the only program out there that can mimic human-like moves, it is still my main Sparring partner of choice whenever there is no human player around

While superior chess engines like Houdini, Rybka and Critter would certainly beat 100 percent of all humans on the planet (including past champions) at any given time controls...I find the program "Junior" a lot more human-friendly when it comes to suggesting tactical/positional moves that makes 'sense' to us mere mortals...IMO A Stronger program is deemed useless for analysis IF you can not comprehend what it is trying to suggest.


Last edited by BEERHAUZ on Sat Jun 23, 2012 6:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Basic Chess Strategy
PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2012 6:51 pm 
Offline
Heavyweight
User avatar

Joined: Mon Sep 15, 2008 4:59 pm
Posts: 5699
Location: Area 51
subscribe to this guy

http://www.youtube.com/user/ChessNetwork?feature=g-all-u


very informative ang mga vids niya


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Basic Chess Strategy
PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2012 6:29 am 
Offline
Light Heavyweight

Joined: Sun Dec 07, 2003 7:21 am
Posts: 1989
Location: philippines
doubleblade29 wrote:
doubleblade29 wrote:
Ei, TS Where do you play and ano rating mo? Do you have a title, NM, FM, IM or maybe even GM?

Mediocre player here, chesscube ako naglalaro. Maybe you could share some in-game tips.


By in-game, i meant maybe We could play against each other some time.


Bro I play at FICS, we can play there, hindi ako naglalaro sa chesscube.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Basic Chess Strategy
PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 4:52 pm 
Offline
Heavyweight
User avatar

Joined: Thu Sep 25, 2008 6:26 pm
Posts: 6913
Location: exactly where i should be....
ryan_c wrote:
doubleblade29 wrote:
doubleblade29 wrote:
Ei, TS Where do you play and ano rating mo? Do you have a title, NM, FM, IM or maybe even GM?

Mediocre player here, chesscube ako naglalaro. Maybe you could share some in-game tips.


By in-game, i meant maybe We could play against each other some time.


Bro I play at FICS, we can play there, hindi ako naglalaro sa chesscube.


i visited and registered at the site bro, but as much as i should be thankful it's free, i think the features are wanting. it's way better in chesscube, bro, i strongly suggest you try it.

_________________

It takes forever to know everything.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Basic Chess Strategy
PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 5:08 pm 
Offline
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Mon Sep 01, 2003 9:08 am
Posts: 14874
Location: Terra; Gaia ; Ar-i-du
Malalakas sa chess ang mga pinoy.

sa Boxing Scene mga pinoy lang nakakatalo sa kin :D

PK4

_________________
“You create your own universe as you go along.” ― Winston Churchill

"When a table is normalized, the non-key columns depend on the key, the whole key, and nothing but the key." - a DBA


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Basic Chess Strategy
PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 6:00 pm 
Offline
Cruiserweight
User avatar

Joined: Thu Nov 16, 2006 5:46 pm
Posts: 3317
Location: The Hague,NETHERLANDS
miron_lang wrote:
Malalakas sa chess ang mga pinoy.

sa Boxing Scene mga pinoy lang nakakatalo sa kin :D

PK4


Bossing, ano rating mo at saan ka server naglalaro?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Basic Chess Strategy
PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 7:50 pm 
Offline
Middleweight
User avatar

Joined: Mon Nov 08, 2010 11:04 am
Posts: 968
Chesscube got the best graphics, format my problem majority of players there choice of time 15minutes less
while i'm for 20 to 30 minutes. kaya ang hirap maghanap ng kalaban.

_________________
3 questions to know if you have the right faith
1. Is St. Mary everywhere? 2. Is St. Mary all-knowing? 3. Is St. Mary powerful?
The answer to all 3 questions is no, get right with God stop praying to human…


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Basic Chess Strategy
PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 10:14 am 
Offline
Light Heavyweight

Joined: Sun Dec 07, 2003 7:21 am
Posts: 1989
Location: philippines
doubleblade29 wrote:

i visited and registered at the site bro, but as much as i should be thankful it's free, i think the features are wanting. it's way better in chesscube, bro, i strongly suggest you try it.


Ang ayaw ko kasi sa chesscube, iisa lang yata ang blitz, long game at rapid rating dun? Unlike in FICS na separated lahat..

Ang gusto ko din sa FICS, you have a GUI like babaschess na kailangan mo lang install, tapos nun hindi mo na kailangan mag open ng browser, may ganun din ba bro sa Chesscube?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Basic Chess Strategy
PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 10:25 am 
Offline
Heavyweight
User avatar

Joined: Wed Dec 26, 2007 11:30 am
Posts: 37794
Location: Batangas
dexterity wrote:
Chesscube got the best graphics, format my problem majority of players there choice of time 15minutes less
while i'm for 20 to 30 minutes. kaya ang hirap maghanap ng kalaban.


in chess.com you can even have the option to set the time to make a move to several days. 8)

sometimes a match can end up after a few months. :biglaugh:

a lot of times a player loses by default too! :biglaugh:

_________________
"dencio, the chemist who once dreamed of becoming a doctor someday"


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Basic Chess Strategy
PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 10:57 am 
Offline
Middleweight

Joined: Wed Nov 16, 2005 10:12 am
Posts: 649
kajo wrote:
question: how can I improve my patience and focus.
this is my big problem.


Bro. Try the Kotov method from his book "Think Like a Grandmaster." Here's a review of his book, which I think is the best instructional book available.
http://www.chessville.com/reviews/ThinkLikeAGM.htm

And here is an online copy of his book:

http://www.scribd.com/doc/38178769/Alex ... and-Master

An over simplified summary of his basic exercise is:

1. For every position try to see the candidate moves.
2. Mentally analyze every candidate move.
3. Write down your analysis. you are not allowed to touch the pieces.
4. Choose the best candidate move.

Hope this helps.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Basic Chess Strategy
PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 11:08 am 
Offline
Cruiserweight
User avatar

Joined: Thu Sep 10, 2009 9:49 pm
Posts: 2557
how can i sleep after being lost in a winning game?

chess board checkered images and pieces keeps me in hallucinating during bedtime

_________________
WHITE IS ALWAYS RIGHT



Last edited by hayden_agenda on Thu Sept. 10, 2009 9:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

_______________________________________________________________________________


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Basic Chess Strategy
PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 9:49 pm 
Offline
Heavyweight
User avatar

Joined: Thu Sep 25, 2008 6:26 pm
Posts: 6913
Location: exactly where i should be....
ryan_c wrote:
doubleblade29 wrote:

i visited and registered at the site bro, but as much as i should be thankful it's free, i think the features are wanting. it's way better in chesscube, bro, i strongly suggest you try it.


Ang ayaw ko kasi sa chesscube, iisa lang yata ang blitz, long game at rapid rating dun? Unlike in FICS na separated lahat..

Ang gusto ko din sa FICS, you have a GUI like babaschess na kailangan mo lang install, tapos nun hindi mo na kailangan mag open ng browser, may ganun din ba bro sa Chesscube?


tama ka, whatever time control you choose to play, isa lang talaga rating mo for all of those. but i don't really pay attention to my online rating that much so that isn't a problem for me. now if you are wary of ratings, then maybe chesscube isn't the site for you. or better yet, play there exclusively at your strong suit or preferred time control.

sa chesscube ang pagkakaalam ko you need to open your browser to connect, wala ata sila program o software application na ganyan.

_________________

It takes forever to know everything.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Basic Chess Strategy
PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 10:38 pm 
Offline
Heavyweight
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 05, 2006 10:02 pm
Posts: 4948
Location: "Block 6 Lot 9, Dimakiyuran Village, Lilo-an, Cebu, Philippines
i play at chessfriends and chesscube.. i'm playing now anyone here playing?


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 291 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 20  Next

All times are UTC + 8 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  

philboxing.com | pinoygreats.com
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group