Pacland's Philippine Boxing Forum

Discussion on boxing and other sports, Filipino greats and anything under the sun.
It is currently Tue Aug 21, 2018 6:47 am

All times are UTC + 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 237 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next
PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 5:55 pm 
Heavyweight

Location: The more I see of man, the more I like dogs. ~Mme. de Staël
Tenyente Gimo wrote:
to the TS, ano pa ba ang ibang feeling mo ngayon? :lol:

Ganoon pa rin, bro. I still have reservation that Pac will win this fight.
Trans.: It's still the same, bro.

Let's post in English, bro. Posting in vernacular is not allowed here unless w/ translation. :D

Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.
~ Mark Twain

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 6:01 pm 
Flyweight

Mullato wrote:
Tenyente Gimo wrote:
to the TS, ano pa ba ang ibang feeling mo ngayon? :lol:

Ganoon pa rin, bro. I still have reservation that Pac will win this fight.
Trans.: It's still the same, bro.

Let's post in English, bro. Posting in vernacular is not allowed here unless w/ translation. :D

thanks for the reminder bro... :D

btw, do you think pacman is over confident about this upcoming fight? :lol:
or maybe overhyped to?

just asking :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 6:05 pm 
Middleweight

Mullato wrote:
Horticultourist wrote:
If this is not too much and boss Shiva will approve...hoping.

Let us put a jackpot bet on this fight.Choose which round any fighter will be tkoed,koed,stopped by referree.Winner takes all.....12 numbers/rounds,one bet per round number,total 12 pax...example

1 Horticultourist
12 mulatto

should the 12 numbers be filled up...another 12 pax can make a set for their jackpot.

got it?? :lol:

btw each roUnd number may cost P500...DEPENDING ON AGREEMENT
NOTE IF THE FIGHT GOES THE DISTANCE...TABLA LAHAT!

Ikaw ba sa 1st round, pre? :D

Pare,if i were to predict.....the ko will be on the 3rd or 5th rounds...just not sure who will go down and out,cos these two boxers will go for it in the middle rounds.This is my expectations of the fibht.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 6:22 pm 
Middleweight

Expect Diaz to measure Pacquiao's power in the first 2 rounds.Once he gets the feel of Manny's power,then he might push on the third round for a ko.

Manny of course will not allow Diaz's plan to prosper.He can keep his power thru the 3rd round and wait for Diaz to commence his offensives in the 3rd round.

I expect the fight to heat on thru the middle rounds.I expect somebody will fall in these middle rounds.....hoping Manny to stand the power of Diaz.In any case Manny survives the middle rounds ...then his chances of winning is big thru the late rounds.

Roach says Manny may lose some speed...but even though,Manny would still move faster than any above average boxer.He is just too fast and wily.We wont see any difference in his speed.What worries me is Diaz'z power.

punching power is the main concern in this fight ,IMO.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 9:27 pm 
Heavyweight

Horticultourist wrote:
Expect Diaz to measure Pacquiao's power in the first 2 rounds.Once he gets the feel of Manny's power,then he might push on the third round for a ko.

Manny of course will not allow Diaz's plan to prosper.He can keep his power thru the 3rd round and wait for Diaz to commence his offensives in the 3rd round.

I expect the fight to heat on thru the middle rounds.I expect somebody will fall in these middle rounds.....hoping Manny to stand the power of Diaz.In any case Manny survives the middle rounds ...then his chances of winning is big thru the late rounds.

Roach says Manny may lose some speed...but even though,Manny would still move faster than any above average boxer.He is just too fast and wily.We wont see any difference in his speed.What worries me is Diaz'z power.

Good analysis, pare, coming from a seasoned international boxing scribe. I agree w/ you 100% that the real action will commence on the 3rd round. Whoever scores first with big punch will dictate the tempo of this fight. Hope Manny's chin can withstand Diaz left straight. If he does, Diaz is in trouble.

Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.
~ Mark Twain

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 9:46 pm 
Heavyweight

knives574 wrote:
life wrote:
Mullato wrote:
Any kind of victory, whether KO/TKO/UD.
Transmittal of money thru ATM.

Sige payag ako pero hintayin muna natin si Knives magreply... :D

I'm in too! :D

PM mo na lang account details mo bro life..
sigurado naman ako ang matatalo

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Deal...after the fight na lang natin pag-usapan ang mga account! :D

"A wise man is superior to any insults which can be put upon him, and the best reply to unseemly behavior is patience and moderation."

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 10:20 pm 
Cruiserweight

I have this feeling that come June 29, I'll hear again this....

"...and the new.." :D

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 10:27 pm 
Middleweight

Mullato wrote:
Horticultourist wrote:

Good analysis, pare, coming from a seasoned international boxing scribe. I agree w/ you 100% that the real action will commence on the 3rd round. Whoever scores first with big punch will dictate the tempo of this fight. Hope Manny's chin can withstand Diaz left straight. If he does, Diaz is in trouble.

INTERNATIONAL SCRIBE???? :lol:

Binobola mo yata ko ah.....pare?

trans:not true

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 10:39 pm 
Heavyweight

Horticultourist wrote:
Mullato wrote:

Pare, aren't you one of those contributing writers in a certain boxing site? I think that was Boxing Tribune. Correct me if I am wrong.

Di kita binobola, pare. Totoo yun, di ba? :D

Trans.: It's true.

~ Mark Twain

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 10:40 pm 
Heavyweight

I hope my psychic power will fail me this time. 8)

~ Mark Twain

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 10:41 pm 
Welterweight

Quote:
I have this strange feeling that Diaz will win via KO against Manny. Just a gut feel. That's why I feel nervous as the fight date nears. I feel something's going to happen. It could be a lucky punch similar to what Larios unleashed in the 3rd round in their fight that almost immobilized Manny. It is also similar to the lucky punch by David Diaz himself that felled Santa Cruz in the 10th round.

I feel Diaz is too big and too strong for Manny similar to Ortiz against Elorde. I don't know. I'm just too nervous. Is it too much coffee?

I will be glad to be proven wrong on June 29 to rejoice w/ all Pinoys on Manny's 4th division crown.

Are you confident Manny will win?

who CARES about your FEELINGS Mullato? Just be objective, look at he facts. If you think Diaz will win, then say it. If you think Pacman will win, just say it too. Don't play like you are a neuter in gender :-)

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 10:44 pm 
Heavyweight

I have this feeling...

Pacman will lose

weight easily to get the lightweight limit :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 10:48 pm 
Heavyweight

Rusfil wrote:
Quote:
I have this strange feeling that Diaz will win via KO against Manny. Just a gut feel. That's why I feel nervous as the fight date nears. I feel something's going to happen. It could be a lucky punch similar to what Larios unleashed in the 3rd round in their fight that almost immobilized Manny. It is also similar to the lucky punch by David Diaz himself that felled Santa Cruz in the 10th round.

I feel Diaz is too big and too strong for Manny similar to Ortiz against Elorde. I don't know. I'm just too nervous. Is it too much coffee?

I will be glad to be proven wrong on June 29 to rejoice w/ all Pinoys on Manny's 4th division crown.

Are you confident Manny will win?

who CARES about your FEELINGS Mullato? Just be objective, look at he facts. If you think Diaz will win, then say it. If you think Pacman will win, just say it too. Don't play like you are a neuter in gender :-)
Well, you did care by responding to this thread. Otherwise, you would have ignored it. It's just a hunch. Frankly, I can't say if Manny will surely win. But in my opinion, Diaz has great chance of winning. I just hope I'm wrong and I will be glad to be proven wrong.

~ Mark Twain

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 10:52 pm 
Middleweight

Quote:
Mullato wrote:

I have this feeling...

itae mo lang yan.. and the feeling is gone :biglaugh:

trans: you ate a lot of camote :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 11:05 pm 
Middleweight

Mullato wrote:
Horticultourist wrote:
Mullato wrote:

Pare, aren't you one of those contributing writers in a certain boxing site? I think that was Boxing Tribune. Correct me if I am wrong.

Di kita binobola, pare. Totoo yun, di ba? :D

Trans.: It's true.

Yes i write boxing articles for 2 U.S. based sites before,but now i took a leave of abscene cos i got no more spare time.

Please dont build me up like this...cos a lot of my detractors will make stories out of it. 8)

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 237 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next