Pacland's Philippine Boxing Forum

Discussion on boxing and other sports, Filipino greats and anything under the sun.
It is currently Tue Dec 11, 2018 9:03 pm

All times are UTC + 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 119 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2008 3:51 pm 
Welterweight

pac watch and refine your footsteps, likewise watch the BABA baka ma headbutt ka, masyadong MATULISSSS....

PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2008 3:56 pm 
Welterweight

kajo wrote:
I think I see a stoppage,,
due to Diaz cuts most probably.
Manny looks so relaxed.

What a smile by the Bobfather..
probably haven't heard of SopCast yet. :D

hahahaahahahahah..

PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2008 4:06 pm 
Heavyweight

PacManfan wrote:
panday wrote:

I didn't know that John Ruiz was there to support Diaz....

Isn't that Fernando Vargas

I know....I was just making fun of him being a fat A$$.... :lol:

PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2008 4:24 pm 
Welterweight

PAC in 5th Round KO win.....

PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2008 4:38 pm 
Cruiserweight

Flash Jackson wrote:
We just came from the Mandalay Bay. Funny thing happened while I was looking for where the weigh ins were gonna be held. I asked two Pinoys in the elevator where the weigh ins were and they didn't even know PacMan was fighting. What idiots.

I knew it was going to be at or near the fight venue so I walk in that direction. Right after walking past that restaurant that have sculptures of women's breasts throughout their walls, I saw a guy walking towards me with a press badge. He looked very familiar and he is walking straight towards me. It was Jim Lampley! Then something really weird happens. He approaches me and shakes my hand. We do not know each other and I'm sure we have NEVER met each other before. My guess is that I may look like someone he knows. I ask him where the weigh ins are and he gives me the wrong directions. He tells me to take the escalator beside the box office and go down, and he told me to walk down the hall down stairs pointing me with his fingers towards that direction. Then he leaves in a hurry. He walks funny and extremely fast, and wears faded tight jeans.

So I go downstairs and take a very long walk in that very long cemented hallway towards the entrance of the stadium where a bald black guard with a Roy Jones beard tells me that I needed press credentials which I don't have. I argue with him that the weigh ins are open to the public and he agrees with me. Then he tells me to go upstairs. And tells me to take a route such that I would be exactly in the above floor of where we were talking. On the way back to the escalator I encounter one of the non-televised undercard fighters with his posse. I was hoping it would be Diaz so I could shake his hands but it wasn't. Just some unknown Puerto Rican guy who must have been a flyweight. Very small, like a little kid.

Anyway, I make the weigh ins safely without any hassles.

My observations:

Pacquiao is very thin and has a very bad haircut made worse by the fact that he was wearing a cap which when he took it off sculpted his hair into a funny form with hair in the back sticking out like he just woke up.
He looked tired but he always acknowledged the crowd.

Diaz is huge and wide, and has extremely pale skin.

My conclusion about this is that Diaz is at the upper levels of his size and that we saw him at or near his maximum size for tomorrows fight; while Pacquiao will be gaining a lot of weight when he re-hydrates, and yes, he looked very dehydratd. I'm a little bit worried. He looked tired and non-enthusiastic. If I weren't Pinoy, Diaz is a good price at 4 to 1 and I would bet (he should only be a 2 to 1 underdog in my opinion). But I won't because I'm a patriot. I will be betting on a Pacquiao 6th round KO, however. It pays 15 to 1. It is a logical bet for me because my prediction is a KO by Pac in the 4th to 8th round range and 6 is in the middle of that range. I hope Manny re-hydrates well or else he is toast. Diaz was surprisingly wide.

Other observations:

Vargas looked like a fat pro wrestler.

Arum looked very old especially because of his limp.

Buffer looked like a very fine and sophisticated gentleman in terms of his stature, demeanor, language, and clothes. He is one classy guy worth being envious towards. He is a smooth guy who is very respectful of everyone he meets.

Mike McCallum, the former middleweight champ and who is a corner man from one of the heavyweights in the under card, must weigh at least 270 lbs. That dude is obese with a capital O.

Buboy is fat but solid. Seems like he is muscular underneath that fat. Would make a great sumo wrestler. I'm not kidding.

The sister of Donaire's wife/girlfriend is SUPER HOT. I hope someone has pictures that they can post.

Donaire and Arce seem to be very good friends. The latter is also very good friends with Donaire's wife/gf and they kissed each other on the cheeks right when Donaire and she left before Arce did.

I got three 300 tickets for 200 a piece. Haha. There are no bad seats in the house. Even the furthest people have a good view. I only a few 100 buck seats are left. The place is sold out or close to it.

If you play poker, tomorrow will have a lot of very bad Mexicans and Filipinos. I tested the waters today and the opposition was very bad. Tomorrow is a profit opportunity. I will be playing 2-4 blind nolimit holdem all afternoon. I will miss all of the non-televised fights just to play poker. It will be easy money. If I win, I'll load up on more Pacquiao by 6th round KO betting tickets as well as a few 5th round KO ones, just in case.

great post very funny

PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2008 5:15 pm 
Light Heavyweight

http://youtube.com/watch?v=oiYDy0pMUjM

weigh in video

PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2008 5:41 pm 
Middleweight

Yeah I think David has a bigger upper body, but Pacquiao has the bigger legs. Did you guys ever see his calves? Dude, his calves are HUGE!!!! Anyways in boxing most of the power is generated from the legs. Footwork, everyting is primarily in the legs. It's supposed to be the biggest, strongest muscle in the body. We'll see tomorrow if upper body size has anything to do with it.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2008 8:14 pm 
Cruiserweight

Now I know why DD is hitable. He must stuck-in his protruding super exposed chin. Tsik tsik :D

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2008 2:14 am 
Cruiserweight

the way i see this, is unlike most people here does. the way i see DD, he is very much physically ready and give everything he got. Pacman in these photos in the other hand, he looks like he is just in right shape not physically over trained, but highly prepared mentally prepared. he looks like he got a lot of plans in his mind for DD come fight night.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2008 3:21 am 
Heavyweight

sensation wrote:
they basicallly weigh the same, 0.5 lb difference only, but diaz looks bigger. Where did the extra pounds go for Manny?

Its in his legs..... 8)

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2008 3:49 am 
Heavyweight

Dont be a fool biting that DD has a bigger body structure....Its all in the mind.....

Just hoping that Mannys new conditioning coach did his job right... :)

Manny will introduce his bestfriend Cletores....este Cleto Reyes to DD time and time again..........

BTW, nice story this time Flash... 8)

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2008 5:21 am 
Heavyweight

GO MANNY GO! :D

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 2:33 pm 
Lightweight

Flash Jackson wrote:
We just came from the Mandalay Bay. Funny thing happened while I was looking for where the weigh ins were gonna be held. I asked two Pinoys in the elevator where the weigh ins were and they didn't even know PacMan was fighting. What idiots.

I knew it was going to be at or near the fight venue so I walk in that direction. Right after walking past that restaurant that have sculptures of women's breasts throughout their walls, I saw a guy walking towards me with a press badge. He looked very familiar and he is walking straight towards me. It was Jim Lampley! Then something really weird happens. He approaches me and shakes my hand. We do not know each other and I'm sure we have NEVER met each other before. My guess is that I may look like someone he knows. I ask him where the weigh ins are and he gives me the wrong directions. He tells me to take the escalator beside the box office and go down, and he told me to walk down the hall down stairs pointing me with his fingers towards that direction. Then he leaves in a hurry. He walks funny and extremely fast, and wears faded tight jeans.

So I go downstairs and take a very long walk in that very long cemented hallway towards the entrance of the stadium where a bald black guard with a Roy Jones beard tells me that I needed press credentials which I don't have. I argue with him that the weigh ins are open to the public and he agrees with me. Then he tells me to go upstairs. And tells me to take a route such that I would be exactly in the above floor of where we were talking. On the way back to the escalator I encounter one of the non-televised undercard fighters with his posse. I was hoping it would be Diaz so I could shake his hands but it wasn't. Just some unknown Puerto Rican guy who must have been a flyweight. Very small, like a little kid.

Anyway, I make the weigh ins safely without any hassles.

My observations:

Pacquiao is very thin and has a very bad haircut made worse by the fact that he was wearing a cap which when he took it off sculpted his hair into a funny form with hair in the back sticking out like he just woke up.
He looked tired but he always acknowledged the crowd.

Diaz is huge and wide, and has extremely pale skin.

My conclusion about this is that Diaz is at the upper levels of his size and that we saw him at or near his maximum size for tomorrows fight; while Pacquiao will be gaining a lot of weight when he re-hydrates, and yes, he looked very dehydratd. I'm a little bit worried. He looked tired and non-enthusiastic. If I weren't Pinoy, Diaz is a good price at 4 to 1 and I would bet (he should only be a 2 to 1 underdog in my opinion). But I won't because I'm a patriot. I will be betting on a Pacquiao 6th round KO, however. It pays 15 to 1. It is a logical bet for me because my prediction is a KO by Pac in the 4th to 8th round range and 6 is in the middle of that range. I hope Manny re-hydrates well or else he is toast. Diaz was surprisingly wide.

Other observations:

Vargas looked like a fat pro wrestler.

Arum looked very old especially because of his limp.

Buffer looked like a very fine and sophisticated gentleman in terms of his stature, demeanor, language, and clothes. He is one classy guy worth being envious towards. He is a smooth guy who is very respectful of everyone he meets.

Mike McCallum, the former middleweight champ and who is a corner man from one of the heavyweights in the under card, must weigh at least 270 lbs. That dude is obese with a capital O.

Buboy is fat but solid. Seems like he is muscular underneath that fat. Would make a great sumo wrestler. I'm not kidding.

The sister of Donaire's wife/girlfriend is SUPER HOT. I hope someone has pictures that they can post.

Donaire and Arce seem to be very good friends. The latter is also very good friends with Donaire's wife/gf and they kissed each other on the cheeks right when Donaire and she left before Arce did.

I got three 300 tickets for 200 a piece. Haha. There are no bad seats in the house. Even the furthest people have a good view. I only a few 100 buck seats are left. The place is sold out or close to it.

If you play poker, tomorrow will have a lot of very bad Mexicans and Filipinos. I tested the waters today and the opposition was very bad. Tomorrow is a profit opportunity. I will be playing 2-4 blind nolimit holdem all afternoon. I will miss all of the non-televised fights just to play poker. It will be easy money. If I win, I'll load up on more Pacquiao by 6th round KO betting tickets as well as a few 5th round KO ones, just in case.

I don't think that's Donaire's wife's sister... Maybe Arcee's wife?? I don't know, no caption
http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.editAlbumPhoto&albumID=610192&imageID=4496674&MyToken=d7e852a7-72c2-4c7e-9d56-b9c17bf0f7f5

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2014 4:59 pm 
Light Heavyweight

great fight!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 119 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8