Pacland's Philippine Boxing Forum

Discussion on boxing and other sports, Filipino greats and anything under the sun.
It is currently Tue Aug 21, 2018 9:41 pm

All times are UTC + 8 hours

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2008 4:52 pm 
Light Heavyweight

Diaz showed the heart of a champion, but later on the post-fight interview. Interviewer asked Diaz was his next action after the fight, he humbly said the pacman is good and never expects to come up that way. Then Arum as the promoter told the interviewer, that Diaz is crowd-pleaser and says that next time he will line up Diaz with a not so fast like pacman.Though for me its quite a joke, but it's like discrediting diaz ability.
nevertheless, its a good fight.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2008 5:05 pm 
Cruiserweight

vinyard wrote:
Diaz showed the heart of a champion, but later on the post-fight interview. Interviewer asked Diaz was his next action after the fight, he humbly said the pacman is good and never expects to come up that way. Then Arum as the promoter told the interviewer, that Diaz is crowd-pleaser and says that next time he will line up Diaz with a not so fast like pacman.Though for me its quite a joke, but it's like discrediting diaz ability.

Yes, Bob said jokingly that he might line up DD with a slower fighter next time. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Anyway there's no need to discredit DD's ability. Even before the fight, many have labeled him as the weakest link the LW Division and the most vulnerable one. Well now, it's proven in this fight. Look how DD could not even put up a decent fight.

Congratulations "Pretty Boy Pacman" :lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2008 5:24 pm 
Bantamweight

diaz fought as a warrior... having badly beaten with all that punishment given by pac... even he was knocked out, he's very tough IMO.

:shock: :shock: :shock:

-juanma,barrera,morales i think can't absorb those power punches landed on his face til 9th round.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2008 6:54 pm 

LightSpeed wrote:
vinyard wrote:

Yes, Bob said jokingly that he might line up DD with a slower fighter next time. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Anyway there's no need to discredit DD's ability. Even before the fight, many have labeled him as the weakest link the LW Division and the most vulnerable one. Well now, it's proven in this fight. Look how DD could not even put up a decent fight.

It's not yet proven that David Diaz is the weakest until Manny fights Nate Campbell,
the holder of the other 3 belts. Knowing Campbell's style, who loves to mix it up, what
if Pacquiao knocks him out in the very first round? Would you still consider Diaz as the
weaker champion of the two?

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2008 7:35 pm 
Light Heavyweight

observer wrote:
LightSpeed wrote:
vinyard wrote:

It's not yet proven that David Diaz is the weakest until Manny fights Nate Campbell,
the holder of the other 3 belts. Knowing Campbell's style, who loves to mix it up, what
if Pacquiao knocks him out in the very first round? Would you still consider Diaz as the

Good one, mod! I bet if Manny beat Campbell, detractors will be quick to say that Campbell was too old anyway and they will go find another fighter that manny should fight in order to prove his worth. Probably someone from the heavyweight division. :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2008 7:48 pm 
Heavyweight

[

Congratulations "Pretty Boy Pacman" :lol: :lol: :lol:[/quote]

[/quote]

Good one, mod! I bet if Manny beat Campbell, detractors will be quick to say that Campbell was too old anyway and they will go find another fighter that manny should fight in order to prove his worth. Probably someone from the heavyweight division. :lol: :lol:[/quote]

Campbell is having the second thought of fighting Pacman right now. He knows Pacman can beat him so bad risking his life for the money and fame.
He fought Juan Diaz I consider even weaker than DD and he won unconvinsingly. Did you see Manny dig the body? No way Campbell can last five rounds. :shock:

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2008 8:07 pm 
Cruiserweight

jjcross wrote:
[

[/quote]

Good one, mod! I bet if Manny beat Campbell, detractors will be quick to say that Campbell was too old anyway and they will go find another fighter that manny should fight in order to prove his worth. Probably someone from the heavyweight division. :lol: :lol:[/quote]

Campbell is having the second thought of fighting Pacman right now. He knows Pacman can beat him so bad risking his life for the money and fame.
He fought Juan Diaz I consider even weaker than DD and he won unconvinsingly. Did you see Manny dig the body? No way Campbell can last five rounds. :shock:[/quote]

i saw the fight Campbell Diaz i was convinced as far as i can remember campbell even convinced the commentators after 3rd round

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2008 9:14 pm 
Light Heavyweight

let DDD take a rest, then have a big comeback, and fight some elite fighters in LW division

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2008 9:20 pm 
Light Heavyweight

observer wrote:
LightSpeed wrote:
vinyard wrote:

now, this is the most LOGICAL answer of them all...

great there, Observer...i like that!!!

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2008 9:28 pm 
Light Heavyweight

It was a joke, that's all. 8)

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2008 9:33 pm 
Heavyweight

Like what Roach said, people don't go to Olympics and won a championship belt by accident. D. Diaz maybe lacking of skills compare to Pac but he is not push-over and what matters most in a boxer is the heart and Diaz have tons of it. 8)

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2008 9:41 pm 
Heavyweight

Why should one take it as an offense ? Bob Arum would not say that if he knew Diaz will take offense. Diaz has time and again said that he understands the business, he and Arum understand each other. The fight was all business, win or lose, Diaz gets good business (of course, even bigger if he won). Arum actually is doing the right thing in the sense that he will still help Diaz make more money and not just "fire" him.

Diaz was so happy to get the chance. But he lost, and publicly gushed over his admiration of Pacman's speed.

The TS can be excused, he/she may not be aware of what Diaz said earlier. See, TS, I give you the benefit of a doubt. That is the right way, you have to be careful in your judgment, IMHO.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 1:04 am 
Light Heavyweight

LightSpeed wrote:
vinyard wrote:

Let's not discredit Diaz, Thanks God, Pacman still carried his speed and punching power and I think Pacman really stick to the game plan. Every round, I heard Buboy is reminding Pacman about his defense and not to force the issue.
So, I will not say that Diaz is a weak champion, with that kind of performance, I think anybody in the LW division will be K.O. and even Hatton will loose.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 1:51 am 
Welterweight

all i can see is David Diaz is a true olympian and a champion because he made it to the top and became a champion, he is not a protected champ or boxer. valero is protected champ why? fighting only the drivers, chaves jr was or still protected boxer, and many more... i dont want to elavorate them 1 by 1..

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 1:57 am 
Light Heavyweight

kudos to DDiaz. he was knocked-out and yet he managed to smile and acknowledge MP's supremacy during his interview.

yes he ain't a pushover