Pacland's Philippine Boxing Forum

Discussion on boxing and other sports, Filipino greats and anything under the sun.
It is currently Thu Nov 15, 2018 7:56 am

All times are UTC + 8 hours

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2008 1:05 pm 
Heavyweight

Dear Fellow Pinoys (Filipinos) or all concerned individual,

We know for a fact Manny is going to run for Congress in 2010. In his first run I was really disgusted for Manny being involved in politics. As we know, politics in the Philippines is like a rotten fish. You get the seat you earn respect by many but get the ire of all in the end. Meaning, I did not want Manny to be in that eventual situation reason why I was so glad he lost to Custodio. In short, I just wanted him to concentrate on his boxing career path. Losing the seat paid off for him though. Where would he have been had he won that political run. Maybe seating as a Congressman but being bombarded by millions of stones from everywhere. And what would have happened to his boxing career. Long gone since the day of his inauguration for the new seat.

I had a hundred thoughts as to how I would take his second attempt of his candidacy. It kept haunting in my thoughts why Manny despite of the vast achievements he had through boxing seemed to really desire of becoming a politician. What really he has in mind? Is anyone out there close to Manny talk it out to him please? I was thinking Manny just doesn't know where he is getting into. I know (boxing wise) he is intelligent. I know too he is taking up a business course the same time he is dealing with his boxing. But I think I know too that there are a lot of people out there who are way far clever and finished high political and business degrees in good universities who in bad faith cannot serve and run the country well. I don't mean Manny cannot serve his district with standards but only because I just do not want him to realise that people do not like him because he is incapable.

Please Manny I just do not want to see you winning that seat the second time around because you are a boxing hero and is rich. Of course this will be all up to you but you will be forever remembered for just being a boxing hero than being a boxing hero turned politician hated by many in the end. I will be really glad to hear you back out. Please do.

I know you will win this time. But think about it. It won't do you any good being a politician. You do not need to serve your country through politics as you already had made us all happy through what you've brought home to us for your success in boxing. You already are our eternal hero.

I am no politician or I am no opposition. I am just your supporter and follower and this is all my concern for you. I hope you understand.

As for the title of this writing (Best MP Career Prediction) your success in boxing to date is already incomparable. Whatever happens in future are just add ons. Now my best wish for you is to stop thinking getting involved in politics in our country. It will ruin your good image. Please realise.

My Predictions are: You will back out to run in Congress, win against Oscar, get the 5th title in April 09 against Hatton, become undisputed lightweight champion by beating Marquez who then already have defeated Campbell.... then retires and supports boxing in the Philippines and enjoy being an International boxing promoter. No politics. How's that.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2008 5:44 am 
Featherweight

pan_ni_pakyaw wrote:

My Predictions are: You will back out to run in Congress, win against Oscar, get the 5th title in April 09 against Hatton, become undisputed lightweight champion by beating Marquez who then already have defeated Campbell.... then retires and supports boxing in the Philippines and enjoy being an International boxing promoter. No politics. How's that.

Wrong. I'll fix it for you.

My Predictions are: You will back out to run in Congress, win against Oscar, get the 5th title in April 09 against Hatton which lured Floyd Mayweather Jr from retirement and make the biggest Money Fight ever(Yes bigger than DLH-Mayweather). and then fight Juan Manuel Marquez at LIGHT-WELTERWEIGHT(Pacman said to Roach He wants to go up to 140 after Diaz fight) for his last fight... then retires and supports boxing in the Philippines and enjoy being an International boxing promoter(Sure I'll give you that but he really needs to work on his english first). No politics. How's that.

^^^^^ Malupit sa English ^^^^^

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2008 5:52 am 
Heavyweight

prediction or dream :lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2008 5:53 am 
Featherweight

delpilar wrote:

Whats the diffrence really?

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2008 5:57 am 
Heavyweight

Chinoy wrote:
delpilar wrote:

prediction is nearer to what pacman wants.

dream is what you want pacman to do.

:peace:

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2008 5:59 am 
Featherweight

delpilar wrote:
Chinoy wrote:
delpilar wrote:

prediction is nearer to what pacman wants.

Lol you dont make any sense

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2008 6:34 am 
Heavyweight

pan_ni_pakyaw wrote:
Dear Fellow Pinoys (Filipinos) or all concerned individual,

We know for a fact Manny is going to run for Congress in 2010. In his first run I was really disgusted for Manny being involved in politics. As we know, politics in the Philippines is like a rotten fish. You get the seat you earn respect by many but get the ire of all in the end. Meaning, I did not want Manny to be in that eventual situation reason why I was so glad he lost to Custodio. In short, I just wanted him to concentrate on his boxing career path. Losing the seat paid off for him though. Where would he have been had he won that political run. Maybe seating as a Congressman but being bombarded by millions of stones from everywhere. And what would have happened to his boxing career. Long gone since the day of his inauguration for the new seat.

I had a hundred thoughts as to how I would take his second attempt of his candidacy. It kept haunting in my thoughts why Manny despite of the vast achievements he had through boxing seemed to really desire of becoming a politician. What really he has in mind? Is anyone out there close to Manny talk it out to him please? I was thinking Manny just doesn't know where he is getting into. I know (boxing wise) he is intelligent. I know too he is taking up a business course the same time he is dealing with his boxing. But I think I know too that there are a lot of people out there who are way far clever and finished high political and business degrees in good universities who in bad faith cannot serve and run the country well. I don't mean Manny cannot serve his district with standards but only because I just do not want him to realise that people do not like him because he is incapable.

Please Manny I just do not want to see you winning that seat the second time around because you are a boxing hero and is rich. Of course this will be all up to you but you will be forever remembered for just being a boxing hero than being a boxing hero turned politician hated by many in the end. I will be really glad to hear you back out. Please do.

I know you will win this time. But think about it. It won't do you any good being a politician. You do not need to serve your country through politics as you already had made us all happy through what you've brought home to us for your success in boxing. You already are our eternal hero.

I am no politician or I am no opposition. I am just your supporter and follower and this is all my concern for you. I hope you understand.

As for the title of this writing (Best MP Career Prediction) your success in boxing to date is already incomparable. Whatever happens in future are just add ons. Now my best wish for you is to stop thinking getting involved in politics in our country. It will ruin your good image. Please realise.

That he'll be shot fighter after Dec 6??

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2008 6:42 am 
Middleweight

It's always best to be positive when making predictions....

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2008 7:10 am 
Cruiserweight

Chinoy wrote:
pan_ni_pakyaw wrote:

Wrong. I'll fix it for you.

My Predictions are: You will back out to run in Congress, win against Oscar, get the 5th title in April 09 against Hatton which lured Floyd Mayweather Jr from retirement and make the biggest Money Fight ever(Yes bigger than DLH-Mayweather). and then fight Juan Manuel Marquez at LIGHT-WELTERWEIGHT(Pacman said to Roach He wants to go up to 140 after Diaz fight) for his last fight... then retires and supports boxing in the Philippines and enjoy being an International boxing promoter(Sure I'll give you that but he really needs to work on his english first). No politics. How's that.

Honorable Representatives,

As the head of this boxers safety committee of paclanders congress, pls. raise your hand and say "i", to those agree. And to those who oppose this two gentleman's proposals say, 'nay' & GET OUT OF THIS CHAMBER !! :lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2008 8:03 am 
Featherweight

The 2nd prediction is more likely to happen, and notice that I didn't say He'd win against Pretty Boy Floyd either. :(