Pacland's Philippine Boxing Forum

Discussion on boxing and other sports, Filipino greats and anything under the sun.
It is currently Tue Jun 19, 2018 6:21 pm

All times are UTC + 8 hours

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2008 10:35 am 
Heavyweight

To me JMM winning over Casamayor should NOT earn him the right to become the number 1 lightweight and have the lightweight ring magazine belt. Why? Because Casamayor is a no champ, not a bum but a no champ. He should have lost to Santa Cruz and his win over Katsidis was a from behind win. He was way down on all the cards before that shocking KO of Katsidis. Now what would you think JMM would get out of that win over Casamayor. Nothing. Casamayor is not on his peak at all. He was not like in the old days. Afterall, that ring belt being held for a long time by Casamayor has always been criticised by many. So to me, JMM is just one who lost to Manny Pacquiao then bounced back a win against a no spectacular Casamayor. If you watched the fight it’s boring. What do you think???

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2008 10:39 am 
Heavyweight

Agree. JMM was losing the first 6 rounds against Casa to begin with.....
8)

" Manny Fights and Lives his Way, we all Watch and PAY "

..... Oompaloompa

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2008 11:10 am 
Bantamweight

Yeah!....its not convincing...if Casamayor had a power like of Manny...with those left straight that JMM received during those exchange of punches on those later rounds...JMM will fall like a timber. :chainsaw: :chainsaw: :chainsaw:

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2008 11:16 am 
Heavyweight

the fact that JMM kod casa is reason enough to be number 1.
who else can do that?

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2008 11:16 am 
Bantamweight

[color=#FFco8000]Hatting on the best light weight in the world hahahahah[/color] viva[size=200] [size=200]me[size=200][size=200][/size][/size][/size][/size]

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2008 11:19 am 
Light Heavyweight

definitely.. he still has to prove it in the likes of JUAN DIAZ, NATE CAMPBELL and of course MANNY

time

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2008 11:23 am 
Heavyweight

If he doesn't, nobody does. :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2008 11:49 am 
Welterweight

Absolutely, JMM does not deserve to be rated as #1 0r even #2 lightweight. First, Old Casamayor was not holding a world title anymore before the fight with JMM, and it was not his prime. second, it is prejudicial to Nate Campbell, Juan Diaz, David Diaz, Julio Diaz, and other contenders like Katsidis, Valero and Joan Gusman who just moved up like JMM.

If you insist taht JMM is worth to rank as #1, you're losing sanity, and maybe you're advised to consult Psychiatrist.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2008 11:55 am 
Heavyweight

bripenet wrote:
If you insist taht JMM is worth to rank as #1, you're losing sanity, and maybe you're advised to consult Psychiatrist.

definition of the most overused term here..
nuthugger.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2008 11:56 am 
Middleweight

I do not agree that JMM is the no. 1 lightweight. Having the "ring" belt doesnt necessarily mean your the best. Pacman and Campbell deserve a higher ranking in my opinion.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2008 12:02 pm 
Heavyweight

pan_ni_pakyaw wrote:
To me JMM winning over Casamayor should NOT earn him the right to become the number 1 lightweight and have the lightweight ring magazine belt. Why? Because Casamayor is a no champ, not a bum but a no champ. He should have lost to Santa Cruz and his win over Katsidis was a from behind win. He was way down on all the cards before that shocking KO of Katsidis. Now what would you think JMM would get out of that win over Casamayor. Nothing. Casamayor is not on his peak at all. He was not like in the old days. Afterall, that ring belt being held for a long time by Casamayor has always been criticised by many. So to me, JMM is just one who lost to Manny Pacquiao then bounced back a win against a no spectacular Casamayor. If you watched the fight it’s boring. What do you think???

A win is a win dude so get over it.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2008 12:17 pm 
Light Heavyweight

A win is a win, but each win has more or less value. Valero should be the greatest fighter on the planet right now. He beat some tomato cans, taxi drivers, and pizza delivery boy; and where is he at. He's fighting for peanuts...lol...you're only good as the opponent that you beat.

"Don't tell God that you have a big problem, but tell your problem that you have a great God." Pacquiao

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2008 12:18 pm 
Heavyweight

powerpac wrote:
A win is a win, but each win has more or less value. Valero should be the greatest fighter on the planet right now. He beat some tomato cans, taxi drivers, and pizza delivery boy; and where is he at. He's fighting for peanuts...lol...you're only good as the opponent that you beat.

Even if you beat a cadaver a win is still a win.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2008 12:27 pm 
Heavyweight

You're right nate campbell should be # 1 cuz he beat juan diaz who was consider the best lightweight in the world at the time.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2008 12:30 pm 
Cruiserweight

JMM the number one lightweight today... Its ok I have no problem with that. He beat the ring magazine title holder by a TKO. Even if they will put him on the top of p4p list its fine with me. By the way I forgot to mention even he is the number one lightweight today he is still Manny's biatch. :lol: