Pacland's Philippine Boxing Forum

Discussion on boxing and other sports, Filipino greats and anything under the sun.
It is currently Wed Sep 19, 2018 5:51 pm

All times are UTC + 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 71 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2008 11:38 am 
Welterweight

el critico wrote:
chubaki wrote:
I quoted this from an article pertaining the Nevada rule on boxing glove:

“Ang boxer na namimili pa ng gloves ay duwag. Kapag madami kang sinasabi sa gloves duwag ka (A boxer who’s choosy with his gloves is a coward. If you say a lot about the gloves you’re a coward),” he said.

We all knew that when Manny was beaten by Morales, he complained that he didn't use the cleto reyes glove. He blamed the Winning glove for failing to beat Morales.

Pacquiao should be careful in his comment so that he will not be a victim of his own statement that only coward chooses their gloves.

He should be careful next time. This is very embarassing.

Here's the link: http://www.philstar.com/index.php?Sport ... 0080507167

i wonder how pacquiao passed the exam that qualifies him to enter college :biglaugh:

He got $$$. He can have a perfect score on the entrance exam if he wanted to. This is the Philippines, don't forget. Here, nothing is impossible.... as long as you have $$$

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2008 11:51 am 
Cruiserweight

romwald2 wrote:
TS Chubaki was quick to come to a conclusion with regards to Manny Pacquiao's statement regarding the choice of gloves. He should have analyzed first the statement before inferring Pacquiao is a coward.

Did Pacquiao chose or insisted the Cleto Reyes gloves? NO, in fact when it was stipulated that the gloves to be used is not the CR type, he wore the gloves and fought EM. When he lost to EM, he pointed out that it would have been different if he used the Cleto Reyes gloves. But he accepted the loss sans the crying ala Marquez. He proved his point when during the 2nd and 3rd fight with EM, he won it with the CR gloves. If it were stipulated that CR gloves will not be used, will Pacquiao had chickened out? No way! He would still fight EM no matter what gloves is used. Remember, when irked by Marquez' crying antics, he even dared a rematch in the Las Vegas parking lot, bare knuckles! Matapang!

His loss to EM during their 1st fight was not only because of the gloves. EM was the better man in that fight. Another factor was the cut MP suffered. But then, it was part of the game.

However in their 2nd and 3rd fight, MP and his team, did their homework by preparing well for the fight. It could also be noted that EM was in the downslide of his career then; I believe gloves would not be a factor. It was just an icing in favor of MP when both fighters agreed to CR gloves.

Anyway words of MP should not be taken at face value. It was just mere words and at times, MP could not even keep unless pressured by those concerned for his career.

The issue of daring JMM for a rematch in the parking lot, bare knuckles and all, was just to amuse his fans, nothing more, nothing less. MP knows that it would not happen at all, so why believe him :lol: :lol: :lol: If he really would want an immediate rematch, he could easily tell Bob about it. But then, that's another issue because Bob has something else in mind. :lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2008 12:07 pm 
Cruiserweight

ambrocio wrote:
el critico wrote:
i wonder how pacquiao passed the exam that qualifies him to enter college :biglaugh:

He got $$$. He can have a perfect score on the entrance exam if he wanted to. This is the Philippines, don't forget. Here, nothing is impossible.... as long as you have $$$

I agree. My uncle who's now a retired military officer was even amused how MP got his rank in the military. :lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2008 12:10 pm 
Lightweight

noypi94 wrote:
romwald2 wrote:
TS Chubaki was quick to come to a conclusion with regards to Manny Pacquiao's statement regarding the choice of gloves. He should have analyzed first the statement before inferring Pacquiao is a coward.

Did Pacquiao chose or insisted the Cleto Reyes gloves? NO, in fact when it was stipulated that the gloves to be used is not the CR type, he wore the gloves and fought EM. When he lost to EM, he pointed out that it would have been different if he used the Cleto Reyes gloves. But he accepted the loss sans the crying ala Marquez. He proved his point when during the 2nd and 3rd fight with EM, he won it with the CR gloves. If it were stipulated that CR gloves will not be used, will Pacquiao had chickened out? No way! He would still fight EM no matter what gloves is used. Remember, when irked by Marquez' crying antics, he even dared a rematch in the Las Vegas parking lot, bare knuckles! Matapang!

agree..

I did not say that Pacquiao is a coward... Have you read there that i say Pac is a coward??? I've said he's a victim not a coward. Sometimes people tend to got careless in their statements, right? Some said it's an alibi... Yes it can be. What about the SOCKS???

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2008 12:12 pm 
Light Heavyweight

Are you for real?? or are you just playing ignorant. How can a person who beats the Great-3 in the super featherweight division, be a coward. Tell that to Pretty Boy Floyd. Get real dude.

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2008 12:13 pm 
Welterweight

It all comes back to the rematch issue with JMM, right, Lightspeed? Doubt you may on Pacquiao's promise of a rematch, but that's all you gonna get from him, a promise. When he retires without giving JMM a rematch, I'll join all doubters in posting here that Pacquiao is not only a coward but a brazen liar to the core of his being and deserves to be disowned by his followers. In the meantime, life has to go on. It will be a waste of precious time to dwell on this subject while some interesting events are at hand.

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2008 12:23 pm 
Middleweight

“It’s not a problem with me as long as I wear the same gloves with my opponent. Even if it’s eight ounces or 10 ounces, it’s no problem with me,” said Pacquiao, now in his fourth day of training.

“Ang boxer na namimili pa ng gloves ay duwag. Kapag madami kang sinasabi sa gloves duwag ka (A boxer who’s choosy with his gloves is a coward. If you say a lot about the gloves you’re a coward),” he said.

i think that manny is referring to the 8 ounces or 10 ounces of gloves, not the brand.

:)

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2008 12:25 pm 
Light Heavyweight

LightSpeed wrote:
romwald2 wrote:

His loss to EM during their 1st fight was not only because of the gloves. EM was the better man in that fight. Another factor was the cut MP suffered. But then, it was part of the game.

However in their 2nd and 3rd fight, MP and his team, did their homework by preparing well for the fight. It could also be noted that EM was in the downslide of his career then; I believe gloves would not be a factor. It was just an icing in favor of MP when both fighters agreed to CR gloves.

Anyway words of MP should not be taken at face value. It was just mere words and at times, MP could not even keep unless pressured by those concerned for his career.

The issue of daring JMM for a rematch in the parking lot, bare knuckles and all, was just to amuse his fans, nothing more, nothing less. MP knows that it would not happen at all, so why believe him :lol: :lol: :lol: If he really would want an immediate rematch, he could easily tell Bob about it. But then, that's another issue because Bob has something else in mind. :lol: :lol: :lol:

With regards to the Pacman's Trilogy with Morales, I agree to this.

To the TS, I don't think that would resemble Manny as a coward himself or even as a hypocrite. Find your philosophy teacher (or even a lawyer), let him analyze those statements and try to ask him if Manny really was a victim of his words. True that Pacman has lack of education but I think that man has principles. He's more of being reasonable person (as what Filipinos usually do avoid their own mistakes) than to be a hypocrite.

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2008 12:44 pm 
Cruiserweight

romwald2 wrote:
It all comes back to the rematch issue with JMM, right, Lightspeed? Doubt you may on Pacquiao's promise of a rematch, but that's all you gonna get from him, a promise. When he retires without giving JMM a rematch, I'll join all doubters in posting here that Pacquiao is not only a coward but a brazen liar to the core of his being and deserves to be disowned by his followers. In the meantime, life has to go on. It will be a waste of precious time to dwell on this subject while some interesting events are at hand.

On the contrary, you were the one to take this rematch with JMM again. I'm just commenting on your post. :mrgreen: :peace: I have already move on with that rematch thing. If it happens, well good and I'll be 1st one to be glad about it. If that doesn't happen, well that's too bad for the boxing fans. And for the record, I won't call MP a brazen liar. After all, he didn't promise any rematch at all, did he? All he said was a safe answer, "it depends on the promoters and negotiations". :shock: So as you can see, I'm agreeing with you when you said that life has to go on. :D

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2008 1:05 pm 
Middleweight

chubaki wrote:

We all knew that when Manny was beaten by Morales, he complained that he didn't use the cleto reyes glove. He blamed the Winning glove for failing to beat Morales.

Pacquiao should be careful in his comment so that he will not be a victim of his own statement that only coward chooses their gloves.

Yes indeed, this is the first thing entered in my mind while reading the article of PACMAN about the 8 oz gloves. he complained before when he used the winning gloves... so i think PACMAN should choose his words carefully as sometimes it would boomerang to him... :? :? :? :? :? :? :?

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2008 1:12 pm 
Heavyweight

inconsistency is natural.

we don't need to scrutinize every statement he is giving just to make an issue out of it 8)

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Pacland is the REAL Team Pacquiao.

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2008 1:21 pm 
Heavyweight

jack carter wrote:
“It’s not a problem with me as long as I wear the same gloves with my opponent. Even if it’s eight ounces or 10 ounces, it’s no problem with me,” said Pacquiao, now in his fourth day of training.

i think that manny is referring to the 8 ounces or 10 ounces of gloves, not the brand.

you make more sense than TS 8)

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2008 1:34 pm 
Middleweight

el critico wrote:
chubaki wrote:

I guess by "LUCK" :lol: few years ago I heard that Manny quoted to his brother after he passed the exam and his brother did not "Bro, better LUCK next time!" :lol:

Anyway, Pacquiao is not a victim of his own "coward" statement...it's clear that what he's trying to say is that boxer who is "choosing gloves" (not complaining) is a coward..Pacquiao preferred using Cleto Reyes for PAC-Morales I and learning from the contract it could not be done..still the fight move on, he did not back out from the fight no! Only after loosing the fight that he complained not prior the fight..

For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. John 3:16

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2008 1:39 pm 
Heavyweight

nandi wrote:
jack carter wrote:

you make more sense than TS 8)

It could be that Manny was trying to sneak in a commercial plug for his favorite Cleto Reye$ glove$. :lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2008 1:53 pm 
Welterweight

el critico wrote:
chubaki wrote:

I know a lot of engineers, accountant's who are graduates of prestigious schools who can't speak english well. MP does better. Just maybe.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 71 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next