Pacland's Philippine Boxing Forum

Discussion on boxing and other sports, Filipino greats and anything under the sun.
It is currently Wed Dec 19, 2018 2:49 am

All times are UTC + 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 71 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2008 2:10 pm 
Middleweight

el critico wrote:
chubaki wrote:
I quoted this from an article pertaining the Nevada rule on boxing glove:

“Ang boxer na namimili pa ng gloves ay duwag. Kapag madami kang sinasabi sa gloves duwag ka (A boxer who’s choosy with his gloves is a coward. If you say a lot about the gloves you’re a coward),” he said.

We all knew that when Manny was beaten by Morales, he complained that he didn't use the cleto reyes glove. He blamed the Winning glove for failing to beat Morales.

Pacquiao should be careful in his comment so that he will not be a victim of his own statement that only coward chooses their gloves.

He should be careful next time. This is very embarassing.

Here's the link: http://www.philstar.com/index.php?Sport ... 0080507167

i wonder how pacquiao passed the exam that qualifies him to enter college :biglaugh:

do u think all college students are good in writing?!

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2008 2:46 pm 
Light Heavyweight

romwald2 wrote:
TS Chubaki was quick to come to a conclusion with regards to Manny Pacquiao's statement regarding the choice of gloves. He should have analyzed first the statement before inferring Pacquiao is a coward.

Did Pacquiao chose or insisted the Cleto Reyes gloves? NO, in fact when it was stipulated that the gloves to be used is not the CR type, he wore the gloves and fought EM. When he lost to EM, he pointed out that it would have been different if he used the Cleto Reyes gloves. But he accepted the loss sans the crying ala Marquez. He proved his point when during the 2nd and 3rd fight with EM, he won it with the CR gloves. If it were stipulated that CR gloves will not be used, will Pacquiao had chickened out? No way! He would still fight EM no matter what gloves is used. Remember, when irked by Marquez' crying antics, he even dared a rematch in the Las Vegas parking lot, bare knuckles! Matapang!

very nice!!! :)
what can you say now TS?

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2008 2:57 pm 
Heavyweight

Pac stuck his foot in his mouth on this one.
He needs to tone down with his words a little.
Just be honest. He'd prefer to wear 8 oz Reyes gloves and that DD should have no problems with it.

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2008 3:07 pm 
Lightweight

porsche911 wrote:
romwald2 wrote:
TS Chubaki was quick to come to a conclusion with regards to Manny Pacquiao's statement regarding the choice of gloves. He should have analyzed first the statement before inferring Pacquiao is a coward.

Did Pacquiao chose or insisted the Cleto Reyes gloves? NO, in fact when it was stipulated that the gloves to be used is not the CR type, he wore the gloves and fought EM. When he lost to EM, he pointed out that it would have been different if he used the Cleto Reyes gloves. But he accepted the loss sans the crying ala Marquez. He proved his point when during the 2nd and 3rd fight with EM, he won it with the CR gloves. If it were stipulated that CR gloves will not be used, will Pacquiao had chickened out? No way! He would still fight EM no matter what gloves is used. Remember, when irked by Marquez' crying antics, he even dared a rematch in the Las Vegas parking lot, bare knuckles! Matapang!

very nice!!! :)
what can you say now TS?

Well, All I can say, to be straight and exact, I did not said that Pac is a coward. I said he is a VICTIM of his comment that only coward chooses gloves when in fact he used to complain about it. Pac was just too cocky saying that line.

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2008 3:29 pm 
Lightweight

WhooooopS..!

You conclude on that statement so fast..! Relax..

When manny fought Morales in their first fight.. EM and his camp is the one who is insisting not to use Cleto Reyes and they prfered other brand of gloves for some purposes or protection on EM's Hand..

When Pacman lost on their fight.. There is a lot of question intriging pacquiao why he losses and what was the cause of it.. Manny simply answer the question that it was the gloves.. He was just said if i am wearing cleto the result would be different and he proves it in their next two fights..

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2008 3:36 pm 
Middleweight

hagedorn14 wrote:
WhooooopS..!

When manny fought Morales in their first fight.. EM and his camp is the one who is insisting not to use Cleto Reyes and they prfered other brand of gloves for some purposes or protection on EM's Hand..
When Pacman lost on their fight.. There is a lot of question intriging pacquiao why he losses and what was the cause of it.. Manny simply answer the question that it was the gloves.. He was just said if i am wearing cleto the result would be different and he proves it in their next two fights..

so with that words, does Manny thought that EM then was a "coward" for choosing/preferring Boxer's glove over the Puncher's glove Cleto Reyes ? :D

For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. John 3:16

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2008 3:40 pm 
dencioPT101 wrote:
EYB wrote:
dencioPT101 wrote:
maybe bob arum is the coward here, not manny.

why?

he was the one who pursued for a revised ruling on the weight of these gloves. the nevada state commission denied this and said they actually made a study about it. the timing of the decision however is suspicious in the light of the pacman vs ddiaz bout on june 28.

its bob arum! not manny pacquiao!

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2008 3:46 pm 
Lightweight

vhotsok wrote:
hagedorn14 wrote:
WhooooopS..!

so with that words, does Manny thought that EM then was a "coward" for choosing/preferring Boxer's glove over the Puncher's glove Cleto Reyes ? :D

That's Probably his Point. It make sense RIGHT? Rather than concluding that manny is getting a stone and trown it on his head.

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2008 3:48 pm 
Bantamweight

I think we are guilty of how some journalist/reporter do their reporting according to their own biases or sometimes ineptitude.

The TS quoted only half of the whole answer, namely :

“Ang boxer na namimili pa ng gloves ay duwag. Kapag madami kang sinasabi sa gloves duwag ka (A boxer who’s choosy with his gloves is a coward. If you say a lot about the gloves you’re a coward),” he said.

But before that there was this premise or the bases of his own maxim :

“It’s not a problem with me as long as I wear the same gloves with my opponent. Even if it’s eight ounces or 10 ounces, it’s no problem with me,” said Pacquiao, now in his fourth day of training."

In other words you should put it in the proper context....
Do not take it out of context.

He was referring to the 8 and 10 ounces gloves not the brand or anything other than that.

By the way this is how the "cultic" bible teachers do their own twisting of the Bible, they only quote part of the whole story or group of sentences to their own liking. And then twist the truth wherever he/she wants to twist it. By simply lifting verses that seems to contradict solid bible teaching like the deity (or His being GOD) of Jesus Christ for example.

He may seems to contradict himself on his previous statements before but again let's put it in the proper context.

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2008 3:52 pm 
Lightweight

CebuanoNiNoy wrote:
I think we are guilty of how some journalist/reporter do their reporting according to their own biases or sometimes ineptitude.

“It’s not a problem with me as long as I wear the same gloves with my opponent. Even if it’s eight ounces or 10 ounces, it’s no problem with me,” said Pacquiao, now in his fourth day of training."

He was referring to the 8 and 10 ounces gloves not the brand or anything other than that.

By the way this is how the "cultic" bible teachers do their own twisting of the Bible, they only quote part of the whole story or group of sentences to their own liking. And then twist the truth wherever he/she wants to twist it. By simply lifting verses that seems to contradict solid bible teaching like the deity (or His being GOD) of Jesus Christ for example.

He may seems to contradict himself on his previous statements before but again let's put it in the proper context.

APIR>>!>!>

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2008 4:01 pm 
Welterweight

MANNY IS NOT PERFECT ANYWAY...
HE STILL HAS TO LEARN MORE ON
THE SWEET SCIENCE OF BOXING..
SO HE HAS TO ADOPT AND CHANGE...

FOR THE ONLY CONSTANT IN THIS
WORLD...IS CHANGE.

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2008 4:09 pm 
Heavyweight

chubaki wrote:

We all knew that when Manny was beaten by Morales, he complained that he didn't use the cleto reyes glove. He blamed the Winning glove for failing to beat Morales.

Pacquiao should be careful in his comment so that he will not be a victim of his own statement that only coward chooses their gloves.

He was caught off-guard when he uttered those words. :)

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2008 4:27 pm 
Light Heavyweight

new town wrote:
chubaki wrote:

He was caught off-guard when he uttered those words. :)

yeah...he needs a lawyer when he talks to interviews....... :lol:

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2008 4:28 pm 
Heavyweight

That's what first entered my mind, It's a big issue for him before. Why the heck is he trying to tell us that it doesn't matter. It's mind boggling. :shock:

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2008 5:07 pm 
Lightweight

CebuanoNiNoy wrote:

Proper context? or a plain COVER UP?
Let's just say that what I am refering was the word "CHOOSE." We all knew that a 10-ounce CR glove has a thicker cushion. What's its difference with an 8-ounce Winning glove? Is it the cushion in the knuckle area?

When he was interviewed after the 2nd fight with Morales he said "Its my glove" (referring to cleto reyes) See it on YOUTUBE. Pac prefers the CR glove. It is his PREFERENCE, his CHOICE.

I am not concluding anything. Let's just admit that Pac got too COCKY on that statement and I smell OVER-CONFIDENCE.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 71 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next