Pacland's Philippine Boxing Forum

Discussion on boxing and other sports, Filipino greats and anything under the sun.
It is currently Wed Dec 19, 2018 2:49 am

All times are UTC + 8 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 71 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2008 2:10 pm 
Offline
Middleweight
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 03, 2006 2:28 am
Posts: 512
Location: BOHOL
el critico wrote:
chubaki wrote:
I quoted this from an article pertaining the Nevada rule on boxing glove:

“Ang boxer na namimili pa ng gloves ay duwag. Kapag madami kang sinasabi sa gloves duwag ka (A boxer who’s choosy with his gloves is a coward. If you say a lot about the gloves you’re a coward),” he said.

We all knew that when Manny was beaten by Morales, he complained that he didn't use the cleto reyes glove. He blamed the Winning glove for failing to beat Morales.

Pacquiao should be careful in his comment so that he will not be a victim of his own statement that only coward chooses their gloves.

He should be careful next time. This is very embarassing.

Here's the link: http://www.philstar.com/index.php?Sport ... 0080507167


i wonder how pacquiao passed the exam that qualifies him to enter college :biglaugh:


do u think all college students are good in writing?!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2008 2:46 pm 
Offline
Light Heavyweight
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 25, 2007 3:44 am
Posts: 1403
Location: cebu
romwald2 wrote:
TS Chubaki was quick to come to a conclusion with regards to Manny Pacquiao's statement regarding the choice of gloves. He should have analyzed first the statement before inferring Pacquiao is a coward.

Did Pacquiao chose or insisted the Cleto Reyes gloves? NO, in fact when it was stipulated that the gloves to be used is not the CR type, he wore the gloves and fought EM. When he lost to EM, he pointed out that it would have been different if he used the Cleto Reyes gloves. But he accepted the loss sans the crying ala Marquez. He proved his point when during the 2nd and 3rd fight with EM, he won it with the CR gloves. If it were stipulated that CR gloves will not be used, will Pacquiao had chickened out? No way! He would still fight EM no matter what gloves is used. Remember, when irked by Marquez' crying antics, he even dared a rematch in the Las Vegas parking lot, bare knuckles! Matapang!


very nice!!! :)
what can you say now TS?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2008 2:57 pm 
Offline
Heavyweight
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 10, 2005 10:56 am
Posts: 22585
Location: Paradise
Pac stuck his foot in his mouth on this one.
He needs to tone down with his words a little.
Just be honest. He'd prefer to wear 8 oz Reyes gloves and that DD should have no problems with it.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2008 3:07 pm 
Offline
Lightweight
User avatar

Joined: Mon Aug 27, 2007 4:33 pm
Posts: 126
porsche911 wrote:
romwald2 wrote:
TS Chubaki was quick to come to a conclusion with regards to Manny Pacquiao's statement regarding the choice of gloves. He should have analyzed first the statement before inferring Pacquiao is a coward.

Did Pacquiao chose or insisted the Cleto Reyes gloves? NO, in fact when it was stipulated that the gloves to be used is not the CR type, he wore the gloves and fought EM. When he lost to EM, he pointed out that it would have been different if he used the Cleto Reyes gloves. But he accepted the loss sans the crying ala Marquez. He proved his point when during the 2nd and 3rd fight with EM, he won it with the CR gloves. If it were stipulated that CR gloves will not be used, will Pacquiao had chickened out? No way! He would still fight EM no matter what gloves is used. Remember, when irked by Marquez' crying antics, he even dared a rematch in the Las Vegas parking lot, bare knuckles! Matapang!


very nice!!! :)
what can you say now TS?


Well, All I can say, to be straight and exact, I did not said that Pac is a coward. I said he is a VICTIM of his comment that only coward chooses gloves when in fact he used to complain about it. Pac was just too cocky saying that line.

_________________
HIDDEN SOLDIERS: ang sagot ni pacquiao ng tanungin siya kung ano ang World's Number One Anti-Dandruff Shampoo


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2008 3:29 pm 
Offline
Lightweight
User avatar

Joined: Fri Feb 27, 2004 8:31 am
Posts: 107
WhooooopS..!

You conclude on that statement so fast..! Relax..

When manny fought Morales in their first fight.. EM and his camp is the one who is insisting not to use Cleto Reyes and they prfered other brand of gloves for some purposes or protection on EM's Hand..

When Pacman lost on their fight.. There is a lot of question intriging pacquiao why he losses and what was the cause of it.. Manny simply answer the question that it was the gloves.. He was just said if i am wearing cleto the result would be different and he proves it in their next two fights..


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2008 3:36 pm 
Offline
Middleweight
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 23, 2008 1:33 pm
Posts: 808
Location: Doha, Qatar
hagedorn14 wrote:
WhooooopS..!

You conclude on that statement so fast..! Relax..

When manny fought Morales in their first fight.. EM and his camp is the one who is insisting not to use Cleto Reyes and they prfered other brand of gloves for some purposes or protection on EM's Hand..
When Pacman lost on their fight.. There is a lot of question intriging pacquiao why he losses and what was the cause of it.. Manny simply answer the question that it was the gloves.. He was just said if i am wearing cleto the result would be different and he proves it in their next two fights..


so with that words, does Manny thought that EM then was a "coward" for choosing/preferring Boxer's glove over the Puncher's glove Cleto Reyes ? :D

_________________
For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. John 3:16


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2008 3:40 pm 
dencioPT101 wrote:
EYB wrote:
dencioPT101 wrote:
maybe bob arum is the coward here, not manny.


why?


he was the one who pursued for a revised ruling on the weight of these gloves. the nevada state commission denied this and said they actually made a study about it. the timing of the decision however is suspicious in the light of the pacman vs ddiaz bout on june 28.


its bob arum! not manny pacquiao!


Top
  
 
PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2008 3:46 pm 
Offline
Lightweight
User avatar

Joined: Fri Feb 27, 2004 8:31 am
Posts: 107
vhotsok wrote:
hagedorn14 wrote:
WhooooopS..!

You conclude on that statement so fast..! Relax..

When manny fought Morales in their first fight.. EM and his camp is the one who is insisting not to use Cleto Reyes and they prfered other brand of gloves for some purposes or protection on EM's Hand..
When Pacman lost on their fight.. There is a lot of question intriging pacquiao why he losses and what was the cause of it.. Manny simply answer the question that it was the gloves.. He was just said if i am wearing cleto the result would be different and he proves it in their next two fights..


so with that words, does Manny thought that EM then was a "coward" for choosing/preferring Boxer's glove over the Puncher's glove Cleto Reyes ? :D


That's Probably his Point. It make sense RIGHT? Rather than concluding that manny is getting a stone and trown it on his head.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2008 3:48 pm 
Offline
Bantamweight

Joined: Mon Jul 18, 2005 12:18 pm
Posts: 27
I think we are guilty of how some journalist/reporter do their reporting according to their own biases or sometimes ineptitude.

The TS quoted only half of the whole answer, namely :

“Ang boxer na namimili pa ng gloves ay duwag. Kapag madami kang sinasabi sa gloves duwag ka (A boxer who’s choosy with his gloves is a coward. If you say a lot about the gloves you’re a coward),” he said.

But before that there was this premise or the bases of his own maxim :

“It’s not a problem with me as long as I wear the same gloves with my opponent. Even if it’s eight ounces or 10 ounces, it’s no problem with me,” said Pacquiao, now in his fourth day of training."

In other words you should put it in the proper context....
Do not take it out of context.

He was referring to the 8 and 10 ounces gloves not the brand or anything other than that.

By the way this is how the "cultic" bible teachers do their own twisting of the Bible, they only quote part of the whole story or group of sentences to their own liking. And then twist the truth wherever he/she wants to twist it. By simply lifting verses that seems to contradict solid bible teaching like the deity (or His being GOD) of Jesus Christ for example.

He may seems to contradict himself on his previous statements before but again let's put it in the proper context.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2008 3:52 pm 
Offline
Lightweight
User avatar

Joined: Fri Feb 27, 2004 8:31 am
Posts: 107
CebuanoNiNoy wrote:
I think we are guilty of how some journalist/reporter do their reporting according to their own biases or sometimes ineptitude.

The TS quoted only half of the whole answer, namely :

“Ang boxer na namimili pa ng gloves ay duwag. Kapag madami kang sinasabi sa gloves duwag ka (A boxer who’s choosy with his gloves is a coward. If you say a lot about the gloves you’re a coward),” he said.

But before that there was this premise or the bases of his own maxim :

“It’s not a problem with me as long as I wear the same gloves with my opponent. Even if it’s eight ounces or 10 ounces, it’s no problem with me,” said Pacquiao, now in his fourth day of training."

In other words you should put it in the proper context....
Do not take it out of context.

He was referring to the 8 and 10 ounces gloves not the brand or anything other than that.

By the way this is how the "cultic" bible teachers do their own twisting of the Bible, they only quote part of the whole story or group of sentences to their own liking. And then twist the truth wherever he/she wants to twist it. By simply lifting verses that seems to contradict solid bible teaching like the deity (or His being GOD) of Jesus Christ for example.

He may seems to contradict himself on his previous statements before but again let's put it in the proper context.



APIR>>!>!>


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2008 4:01 pm 
Offline
Welterweight
User avatar

Joined: Fri Feb 23, 2007 12:55 pm
Posts: 450
Location: manila
Image

MANNY IS NOT PERFECT ANYWAY...
HE STILL HAS TO LEARN MORE ON
THE SWEET SCIENCE OF BOXING..
SO HE HAS TO ADOPT AND CHANGE...

FOR THE ONLY CONSTANT IN THIS
WORLD...IS CHANGE.



____________________
"my son, do not forget my law, but let your
heart keep my commands." - proverbs 3


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2008 4:09 pm 
Offline
Heavyweight

Joined: Fri Aug 04, 2006 7:35 am
Posts: 9250
chubaki wrote:
I quoted this from an article pertaining the Nevada rule on boxing glove:

“Ang boxer na namimili pa ng gloves ay duwag. Kapag madami kang sinasabi sa gloves duwag ka (A boxer who’s choosy with his gloves is a coward. If you say a lot about the gloves you’re a coward),” he said.

We all knew that when Manny was beaten by Morales, he complained that he didn't use the cleto reyes glove. He blamed the Winning glove for failing to beat Morales.

Pacquiao should be careful in his comment so that he will not be a victim of his own statement that only coward chooses their gloves.

He should be careful next time. This is very embarassing.

Here's the link: http://www.philstar.com/index.php?Sport ... 0080507167


He was caught off-guard when he uttered those words. :)


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2008 4:27 pm 
Offline
Light Heavyweight
User avatar

Joined: Thu May 01, 2008 3:42 pm
Posts: 1378
new town wrote:
chubaki wrote:
I quoted this from an article pertaining the Nevada rule on boxing glove:

“Ang boxer na namimili pa ng gloves ay duwag. Kapag madami kang sinasabi sa gloves duwag ka (A boxer who’s choosy with his gloves is a coward. If you say a lot about the gloves you’re a coward),” he said.

We all knew that when Manny was beaten by Morales, he complained that he didn't use the cleto reyes glove. He blamed the Winning glove for failing to beat Morales.

Pacquiao should be careful in his comment so that he will not be a victim of his own statement that only coward chooses their gloves.

He should be careful next time. This is very embarassing.

Here's the link: http://www.philstar.com/index.php?Sport ... 0080507167


He was caught off-guard when he uttered those words. :)

yeah...he needs a lawyer when he talks to interviews....... :lol:

_________________
"This is some prospect Bobby.
To me, he is every bit as exciting as Prince Naseem Hamed"
- Jim Lampley


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2008 4:28 pm 
Offline
Heavyweight
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 31, 2007 10:20 pm
Posts: 11195
That's what first entered my mind, It's a big issue for him before. Why the heck is he trying to tell us that it doesn't matter. It's mind boggling. :shock:

_________________
Say No To Basurang Bulok Posts in Pacland


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2008 5:07 pm 
Offline
Lightweight
User avatar

Joined: Mon Aug 27, 2007 4:33 pm
Posts: 126
CebuanoNiNoy wrote:
I think we are guilty of how some journalist/reporter do their reporting according to their own biases or sometimes ineptitude.

The TS quoted only half of the whole answer, namely :

“Ang boxer na namimili pa ng gloves ay duwag. Kapag madami kang sinasabi sa gloves duwag ka (A boxer who’s choosy with his gloves is a coward. If you say a lot about the gloves you’re a coward),” he said.

But before that there was this premise or the bases of his own maxim :

“It’s not a problem with me as long as I wear the same gloves with my opponent. Even if it’s eight ounces or 10 ounces, it’s no problem with me,” said Pacquiao, now in his fourth day of training."

In other words you should put it in the proper context....
Do not take it out of context.

He was referring to the 8 and 10 ounces gloves not the brand or anything other than that.

By the way this is how the "cultic" bible teachers do their own twisting of the Bible, they only quote part of the whole story or group of sentences to their own liking. And then twist the truth wherever he/she wants to twist it. By simply lifting verses that seems to contradict solid bible teaching like the deity (or His being GOD) of Jesus Christ for example.

He may seems to contradict himself on his previous statements before but again let's put it in the proper context.



Proper context? or a plain COVER UP?
Let's just say that what I am refering was the word "CHOOSE." We all knew that a 10-ounce CR glove has a thicker cushion. What's its difference with an 8-ounce Winning glove? Is it the cushion in the knuckle area?

When he was interviewed after the 2nd fight with Morales he said "Its my glove" (referring to cleto reyes) See it on YOUTUBE. Pac prefers the CR glove. It is his PREFERENCE, his CHOICE.

I am not concluding anything. Let's just admit that Pac got too COCKY on that statement and I smell OVER-CONFIDENCE.

_________________
HIDDEN SOLDIERS: ang sagot ni pacquiao ng tanungin siya kung ano ang World's Number One Anti-Dandruff Shampoo


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 71 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

All times are UTC + 8 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  

philboxing.com | pinoygreats.com
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group