Pacland's Philippine Boxing Forum

Discussion on boxing and other sports, Filipino greats and anything under the sun.
It is currently Tue Jun 26, 2018 2:05 am

All times are UTC + 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 71 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2008 6:43 pm 
Bantamweight

chubaki wrote:
Proper context? or a plain COVER UP?
Let's just say that what I am refering was the word "CHOOSE." We all knew that a 10-ounce CR glove has a thicker cushion. What's its difference with an 8-ounce Winning glove? Is it the cushion in the knuckle area?

When he was interviewed after the 2nd fight with Morales he said "Its my glove" (referring to cleto reyes) See it on YOUTUBE. Pac prefers the CR glove. It is his PREFERENCE, his CHOICE.

I am not concluding anything. Let's just admit that Pac got too COCKY on that statement and I smell OVER-CONFIDENCE.

Hello sir.

Firstly, you need to admit that you did not post his whole answer on the glove preferences thing and that's what i'm refererring to on my post. Although you posted the URL but some other people are prone to read only the post itself and are too lazy to click the URL. And therefore advertently or inadvertenly you are misquoting Manny and which could create misguided interpretations and conclusions by some posters here.

Secondly, (and this has been soundly answered by some other posters here already) although Manny prefers (or as what you prefer :) the word "choose") cleto reyes but he NEVER back down on any fight using the SAME gloves and therefore could not be labeled as "coward".

Thirdly, again remember the context here , he is moving to a higher weight and most of the concern of this upcoming fight is the size of the gloves (not the paddings itself on the knuckle although of course it has some relation to that) for this weight category (i.e. lightweight) is bigger compared to his last fight's weight (jr lightweight). Now since this provision has been recently changed he was therefore ask on that regard. And his answer was "as long as we use the same gloves (i.e. size) it does not matter to me...". If we make it more Filipino since he is filipino anyway. It's just like saying "pareho lang kami, bigas yung kanin namin" (trans: we are about even since both of us eat rice). In other words it is not because he is "cocky" but his line of thinking and argument was as long as no one is cheating his way to the fight then they are about even.

Lastly, you said that you are "not concluding anything" and yet you are branding (and concluding) Manny as "too COCKY" with this statement, you are contradicting yourself as much as you accused manny with the same offense. If there is overconfidence or cockiness on the side of pacquiao of this upcoming fight its not on this current statement of his i believe. Rather his not being on time on the agreed training period that could make him 2 weeks late could show his over confidence and cockiness on his part and could probably cause his downfall (which i hope not and as many others here :D ).

Peace sir.

Last edited by CebuanoNiNoy on Thu May 08, 2008 6:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2008 6:48 pm 
Heavyweight

As far as Manny is concerned . . . Cleto Reyes gloves > Winning. "Nuff said." :lol:

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2008 8:11 pm 
Heavyweight

coward? oh okay.... :shock:

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2008 8:36 pm 
Cruiserweight

el critico wrote:
chubaki wrote:
I quoted this from an article pertaining the Nevada rule on boxing glove:

“Ang boxer na namimili pa ng gloves ay duwag. Kapag madami kang sinasabi sa gloves duwag ka (A boxer who’s choosy with his gloves is a coward. If you say a lot about the gloves you’re a coward),” he said.

We all knew that when Manny was beaten by Morales, he complained that he didn't use the cleto reyes glove. He blamed the Winning glove for failing to beat Morales.

Pacquiao should be careful in his comment so that he will not be a victim of his own statement that only coward chooses their gloves.

He should be careful next time. This is very embarassing.

Here's the link: http://www.philstar.com/index.php?Sport ... 0080507167

i wonder how pacquiao passed the exam that qualifies him to enter college :biglaugh:

Even highly educated person sometimes makes stupid mistakes.

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2008 8:45 pm 
Light Heavyweight

manny is no coward but he has poor command of delineating his thoughts.
it can even be concluded that he's a "corrupt" mind in the prcess just like
the politicians. kapit na kapit ba nman kay magnanakaw chavit, noh!

aihihihi!!! :lol:

baklita

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2008 8:49 pm 
Heavyweight

chubaki wrote:

“Ang boxer na namimili pa ng gloves ay duwag. Kapag madami kang sinasabi sa gloves duwag ka (A boxer who’s choosy with his gloves is a coward. If you say a lot about the gloves you’re a coward),” he said.

We all knew that when Manny was beaten by Morales, he complained that he didn't use the cleto reyes glove. He blamed the Winning glove for failing to beat Morales.

Pacquiao should be careful in his comment so that he will not be a victim of his own statement that only coward chooses their gloves.

Hahaha. Sakto! :lol:

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2008 10:20 pm 
Cruiserweight

el critico wrote:
chubaki wrote:

i wonder how pacquiao passed the exam that qualifies him to enter college :biglaugh:

SO YOU WONDER?AZZHOLE! :lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2008 10:44 pm 
Light Heavyweight

El Clit, you wonder how Manny passed. He is more intelligent than you are.

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2008 10:59 pm 
Featherweight

another talangka making an issue...hhaaayy mahal kong kababayan!kelan pba mawawala ang sakit nyong yan!

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2008 12:13 am 
Flyweight

"it's expected for boxers to say sometimes contradicting statements due to level of education. just let them talk in the ring." - quoted from boxster

Please give Pacquiao some respect. Your statement is totally unnecessary and grossly unfair to all boxers. It can be considered as a slur against the boxing profession. No human being, however humble his roots were or scarce his education might be, should be subjected to your kind of despicable insinuation.
_____________________________________________________________________________________________

Nice and appropriate response. Next time, try to use simpler words to make sure BOXTER can understand your message. It is not proper to assume that all paclanders have adequate education. :lol:

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2008 12:54 am 
Flyweight

If MP won and became a congressman, Filipinos would not have bothered to notice anything that he said. Filipinos are more forgiving when it comes to politicians, without setting any educational or moral standards. Politicians have been accepted for what they are, and not expected to be smart. (Is it because smarter politicians steal more?) It is therefore ironic that we try to set a higher standard to boxers, knowing that those who became successful, like MP, did so because of their expertise inside the ring, and not due to their communication or public relations skills. It is time for everybody to accept MP as he is. He is just like any of the Paclanders in this forum. Anybody who has read the posts knows what I am saying.

______________________________________________________________________________________________

Albert Einstein:
Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2008 1:42 am 
Lightweight

chubaki wrote:

The other translation is (A boxer who's buying the gloves is a coward...)

PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2010 1:13 pm 
Heavyweight

chubaki wrote:

Did Manny really say that? :shock:

PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2010 1:54 pm 
Light Heavyweight

el critico wrote:
chubaki wrote:

i also wonder how you become a kindergarten drop out :biglaugh:

PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2010 2:04 pm 
Heavyweight

pinoy_sh00ter wrote:
el critico wrote:

i also wonder how you become a kindergarten drop out :biglaugh:

:lol:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 71 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next