Pacland's Philippine Boxing Forum

Discussion on boxing and other sports, Filipino greats and anything under the sun.
It is currently Fri Aug 23, 2019 10:59 am

All times are UTC + 8 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 109 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2008 9:03 pm 
Offline
Heavyweight

Joined: Wed Dec 14, 2005 10:09 am
Posts: 12580
Location: CyberCity
It seems that Concepcion now has a new date, the July 26 Cotto-Margo card... I hope Molitor/IBF will reconsider the challenge of Team Concepcion/TopRank and agree to fight Abe on July 26...

Molitor now has 2 months to prepare for Concepcion instead of 1 month only...

.

_________________
Boxing Videos/Photos LINK --> http://boxingonyoutube.blogspot.com


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2008 2:01 am 
Offline
Bantamweight

Joined: Mon May 19, 2008 9:46 am
Posts: 27
PaclandBoxer wrote:
It seems that Concepcion now has a new date, the July 26 Cotto-Margo card... I hope Molitor/IBF will reconsider the challenge of Team Concepcion/TopRank and agree to fight Abe on July 26...

Molitor now has 2 months to prepare for Concepcion instead of 1 month only...

.


and unfortunately for Abe he is still not ranked in the IBFs top 15. Also, unfortunate for Abe, is the fact that Molitor already has 2 fights scheduled. One scheduled for August, as well as a Nov. 21st unification bout with WBA champ Celestino Caballero, to be televised on Shobox. Its almost official now.

http://www.thefightnetwork.com/news/box ... _caballero

As you can see, Molitor is booked through the end of the year, and you would have to be out of your mind to think that he should change his schedule, just because Abe has decided he wants a title shot. He is still unranked, and not any closer to a fight with Molitor than he was last week at this time. Lets just hope Abe fights someone decent on the undercard, and not guys like Daniels/Ruiz, especially if its to be televised.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2008 2:27 am 
Offline
Welterweight

Joined: Sun Sep 30, 2007 4:46 pm
Posts: 230
Location: Manila
Poor Barbie... :lol: get ranked first and don't fight bums. hahaha


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2008 6:01 am 
Offline
Heavyweight

Joined: Wed Dec 14, 2005 10:09 am
Posts: 12580
Location: CyberCity
Mijares fan wrote:
PaclandBoxer wrote:
It seems that Concepcion now has a new date, the July 26 Cotto-Margo card... I hope Molitor/IBF will reconsider the challenge of Team Concepcion/TopRank and agree to fight Abe on July 26...

Molitor now has 2 months to prepare for Concepcion instead of 1 month only...

.


and unfortunately for Abe he is still not ranked in the IBFs top 15. Also, unfortunate for Abe, is the fact that Molitor already has 2 fights scheduled. One scheduled for August, as well as a Nov. 21st unification bout with WBA champ Celestino Caballero, to be televised on Shobox. Its almost official now.




I'm aware of these developments and you can see that Molitor has no opponent yet for his planned August optional defense... This is perfect for Concepcion since he's still a prospect and can be considered as a tune up fight for Molitor before Molitor tackles Celestino "THE TOWERING INFERNO" Caballero in November... Molitor can showcase his boxing skills by schooling Abe Concepcion before committing suicide in facing Caballero next... :wink:

July 26 is almost August and fighting in a mega event under the Cotto-Margarito mega fight will give boxers bigger exposure to worlwide audience... If Molitor agrees on fighting Concepcion on July 26, their fight could serve as the main support for the Cotto-Margarito main event... The incentives for Molitor are too tempting... Hope he will finally accept the challenge...

.

_________________
Boxing Videos/Photos LINK --> http://boxingonyoutube.blogspot.com


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2008 6:46 am 
Offline
Bantamweight

Joined: Mon May 19, 2008 9:46 am
Posts: 27
PaclandBoxer wrote:
Mijares fan wrote:
PaclandBoxer wrote:
It seems that Concepcion now has a new date, the July 26 Cotto-Margo card... I hope Molitor/IBF will reconsider the challenge of Team Concepcion/TopRank and agree to fight Abe on July 26...

Molitor now has 2 months to prepare for Concepcion instead of 1 month only...

.


and unfortunately for Abe he is still not ranked in the IBFs top 15. Also, unfortunate for Abe, is the fact that Molitor already has 2 fights scheduled. One scheduled for August, as well as a Nov. 21st unification bout with WBA champ Celestino Caballero, to be televised on Shobox. Its almost official now.




I'm aware of these developments and you can see that Molitor has no opponent yet for his planned August optional defense... This is perfect for Concepcion since he's still a prospect and can be considered as a tune up fight for Molitor before Molitor tackles Celestino "THE TOWERING INFERNO" Caballero in November... Molitor can showcase his boxing skills by schooling Abe Concepcion before committing suicide in facing Caballero next... :wink:

July 26 is almost August and fighting in a mega event under the Cotto-Margarito mega fight will give boxers bigger exposure to worlwide audience... If Molitor agrees on fighting Concepcion on July 26, their fight could serve as the main support for the Cotto-Margarito main event... The incentives for Molitor are too tempting... Hope he will finally accept the challenge...

.


From what I understand, Molitor has a contract to fight at Casino Rama in August. He will fight there against someone in the IBF top 15, not at MGM Grand in July. And unless Abe gets in the top 15 before they choose an opponent, he is not an option for that August bout. Abes challenge seems to be meaningless at the moment. They should be focusing their challenges on fights that actually have a chance of happening.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2008 6:57 am 
Offline
Heavyweight
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jul 07, 2006 1:59 am
Posts: 8807
Mijares fan wrote:
PaclandBoxer wrote:
Mijares fan wrote:

and unfortunately for Abe he is still not ranked in the IBFs top 15. Also, unfortunate for Abe, is the fact that Molitor already has 2 fights scheduled. One scheduled for August, as well as a Nov. 21st unification bout with WBA champ Celestino Caballero, to be televised on Shobox. Its almost official now.




I'm aware of these developments and you can see that Molitor has no opponent yet for his planned August optional defense... This is perfect for Concepcion since he's still a prospect and can be considered as a tune up fight for Molitor before Molitor tackles Celestino "THE TOWERING INFERNO" Caballero in November... Molitor can showcase his boxing skills by schooling Abe Concepcion before committing suicide in facing Caballero next... :wink:

July 26 is almost August and fighting in a mega event under the Cotto-Margarito mega fight will give boxers bigger exposure to worlwide audience... If Molitor agrees on fighting Concepcion on July 26, their fight could serve as the main support for the Cotto-Margarito main event... The incentives for Molitor are too tempting... Hope he will finally accept the challenge...

.


From what I understand, Molitor has a contract to fight at Casino Rama in August. He will fight there against someone in the IBF top 15, not at MGM Grand in July. And unless Abe gets in the top 15 before they choose an opponent, he is not an option for that August bout. Abes challenge seems to be meaningless at the moment. They should be focusing their challenges on fights that actually have a chance of happening.

i think a contract to fight in MGM is better than a fight in Casino Rama???

_________________
Manny Pacquiao did not just open the door, but the entire border for our Filipino boxers, trainers, promoters, sports writers and even the Pinoy boxing fans to the boxing world to be reckoned with. Pac Yo Da Man!!!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2008 8:46 am 
Offline
Light Heavyweight
User avatar

Joined: Sat Dec 02, 2006 8:52 pm
Posts: 1682
Location: PHILEX - Baguio
brady wrote:
bro im from canada... every time na may laban si steve molitor lagi ko syang napapanood especially when he fought Fashang 3k battery. remember 3k battery? sya yung na knockout ni pacquaio sa yanig sa taguig, if i can still remember hanggng 5 rounds lang yata yung tinagal nung fight nayun. 3k battery knock him down steve molitor once and 3k battery dominated the whole fight! pero home crowd decision ang nangyari kaya sa huli panalo parin si steve molitor. Canadian called him as a "CANADIAN KID" hindi sya bagay tawagin na CANADIAN KID he deserve to call him as a "CANADIAN COWARD".... :lol:


Really? :shock: Like what happened in the Lookmahanak vs. Arce fight in Mexico, Arce got dominated most of the rounds but ended up the winner. We'll anyways if 3k bat was able to score a knockdown against Molitor, this means Molitor is really weak. tsk tsk.. Scaaarreed!

_________________
I will allow no man to narrow and degrade my soul by making me hate him.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2008 9:02 am 
Offline
Heavyweight

Joined: Wed Aug 09, 2006 4:21 am
Posts: 4187
Molitor days are numbered as a champ I think he knows that.Concepcion will probably send this guy to retirement belt-less.I can understand the reasoning as well. Why he refused. There are indeed more deserving 122 IBF ranked out there than Concepcion. To be fair Molitor should give the 1 -10 challengers the chance, they worked hard to get there. And ofcourse these fighters don't have papa Arums pocket. Money talks and yes if the price is right they can get it on and get recognition on PPV. Although Concepcion doesn't deserve it TBH..

8)


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2008 9:11 am 
Offline
Bantamweight

Joined: Mon May 19, 2008 9:46 am
Posts: 27
nobushino wrote:
brady wrote:
bro im from canada... every time na may laban si steve molitor lagi ko syang napapanood especially when he fought Fashang 3k battery. remember 3k battery? sya yung na knockout ni pacquaio sa yanig sa taguig, if i can still remember hanggng 5 rounds lang yata yung tinagal nung fight nayun. 3k battery knock him down steve molitor once and 3k battery dominated the whole fight! pero home crowd decision ang nangyari kaya sa huli panalo parin si steve molitor. Canadian called him as a "CANADIAN KID" hindi sya bagay tawagin na CANADIAN KID he deserve to call him as a "CANADIAN COWARD".... :lol:


Really? :shock: Like what happened in the Lookmahanak vs. Arce fight in Mexico, Arce got dominated most of the rounds but ended up the winner. We'll anyways if 3k bat was able to score a knockdown against Molitor, this means Molitor is really weak. tsk tsk.. Scaaarreed!


bwahahahahaha. Molitor completely dominated 3K battery, winning 11 of 12 rounds. It wasnt even close, 3K won 1 round, I believe it was the 5th. anyone who thinks 3k won that fight knows nothing about boxing, and should probably get their eyes checked. And at least Molitor didnt lose to a fighter with an 11-25-3 record. That defines "really weak"


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2008 9:16 am 
Offline
Light Heavyweight
User avatar

Joined: Sat Dec 02, 2006 8:52 pm
Posts: 1682
Location: PHILEX - Baguio
Mijares fan wrote:

bwahahahahaha. Molitor completely dominated 3K battery, winning 11 of 12 rounds. It wasnt even close, 3K won 1 round, I believe it was the 5th. anyone who thinks 3k won that fight knows nothing about boxing, and should probably get their eyes checked. And at least Molitor didnt lose to a fighter with an 11-25-3 record. That defines "really weak"


Do you have any links for that fight? I can't find any.

_________________
I will allow no man to narrow and degrade my soul by making me hate him.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2008 9:27 am 
Offline
Bantamweight

Joined: Mon May 19, 2008 9:46 am
Posts: 27
Pac Guevarra wrote:
Mijares fan wrote:



From what I understand, Molitor has a contract to fight at Casino Rama in August. He will fight there against someone in the IBF top 15, not at MGM Grand in July. And unless Abe gets in the top 15 before they choose an opponent, he is not an option for that August bout. Abes challenge seems to be meaningless at the moment. They should be focusing their challenges on fights that actually have a chance of happening.

i think a contract to fight in MGM is better than a fight in Casino Rama???


It doesnt matter. If Molitor already signed to fight at Rama (which was indicated shortly after his April mandatory defence), he isnt going to breach his contract, just to please Abe and his manager, and its ridiculous to expect him to. Molitors camp is focused on Molitor, its not their job to go out of their way to please Abe. I doubt they give a **** about Abe at all.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2008 9:41 am 
Offline
Lightweight
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 03, 2007 11:33 pm
Posts: 188
I live in Canada and watched all 3or4(I can't remember) title defenses by Steve Molitor and the only reason I watch this guy? I wan't him to get KO'ed in his homecourt(he defended his title in the same place) and he could definitely be KO'ed by Abe.

EDIT: I guess Mijares has a point Molitor might have a contract on Casino Rama so it's going to be hard for him to just not fulfill his duties.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2008 9:50 am 
Offline
Cruiserweight
User avatar

Joined: Fri Dec 19, 2003 2:31 am
Posts: 3455
Location: SPURS LANE, SAN ANTONIO, TEXAS
nobushino wrote:
brady wrote:
bro im from canada... every time na may laban si steve molitor lagi ko syang napapanood especially when he fought Fashang 3k battery. remember 3k battery? sya yung na knockout ni pacquaio sa yanig sa taguig, if i can still remember hanggng 5 rounds lang yata yung tinagal nung fight nayun. 3k battery knock him down steve molitor once and 3k battery dominated the whole fight! pero home crowd decision ang nangyari kaya sa huli panalo parin si steve molitor. Canadian called him as a "CANADIAN KID" hindi sya bagay tawagin na CANADIAN KID he deserve to call him as a "CANADIAN COWARD".... :lol:


Really? :shock: Like what happened in the Lookmahanak vs. Arce fight in Mexico, Arce got dominated most of the rounds but ended up the winner. We'll anyways if 3k bat was able to score a knockdown against Molitor, this means Molitor is really weak. tsk tsk.. Scaaarreed!

i have a video of that molitor-3k fight and i have to disagree. molitor won that fight by outboxing 3k. 3k was the stronger fighter but he wasn't connecting enough to merit a win. i sent a copy of that fight with the genaro camargo fight video prior to the boom-boom vs camargo tussle to ALA gym anticipating rey bautista will fight him in the near future but i read in the news that Boom-boom camp is not interested in facing molitor at all. molitor is the easiest champion to beat than the other champs in 122 pounds and hopefully boomboom or abe concepcion will do the honor to dethrone him. peace.

_________________
...I look at the stonecutter hammering away at his rock,perhaps a hundred times without as much as a crack showing in it.Yet at the hundred and first blow it will split in two,and i know it was not that blow that did it, but all that had gone before...


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2008 9:56 am 
Offline
Bantamweight

Joined: Mon May 19, 2008 9:46 am
Posts: 27
nobushino wrote:
Mijares fan wrote:

bwahahahahaha. Molitor completely dominated 3K battery, winning 11 of 12 rounds. It wasnt even close, 3K won 1 round, I believe it was the 5th. anyone who thinks 3k won that fight knows nothing about boxing, and should probably get their eyes checked. And at least Molitor didnt lose to a fighter with an 11-25-3 record. That defines "really weak"


Do you have any links for that fight? I can't find any.


no sorry, I dont have a link. I can tell you that The Ring Magazine correctly scored the bout 119-109 for Molitor in their report on the match in the March 08 issue.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2008 10:32 am 
Offline
Lightweight

Joined: Wed May 14, 2008 3:17 pm
Posts: 122
cybershot wrote:
Poor Barbie... :lol: get ranked first and don't fight bums. hahaha


Unlike the IBF other boxing bodies I think allow unrank boxers to challenge their champions. I think this is where Concepcion should focus his attention.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 109 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

All times are UTC + 8 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  

philboxing.com | pinoygreats.com
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group