Pacland's Philippine Boxing Forum

Discussion on boxing and other sports, Filipino greats and anything under the sun.
It is currently Sun Aug 25, 2019 6:59 pm

All times are UTC + 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 116 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next
 Post subject: Why is Abe Ducking....
PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2008 2:21 am 
Bantamweight

The IBFs Top 15? It is well known that you must be in the Top 15 to get a shot at the title, and yet, Abe and his camp have decided that they should get a title shot anyway, ahead of all the fighters who actually earned their place in the top 15. Its obvious that Abe is afraid that he will lose to anyone in the top 15 so they are trying to demand a free ride to the top, and avoid actually beating a live fighter on thier way to a title. Its downright PATHETIC if you think about it. I mean this is a guy whos coming off a win over a bum Torrence Daniels, and an extremely close win over Juan Ruiz, and he thinks that can get him a title shot? LMAO, hilarious. Why doesnt Abe just fight a guy in the top 15, beat him, and land himself in the top 15. Its hilarious to suggest this guy is being ducked when he hast proven anything, hasnt even beaten a top 25 fighter yet. Shame on Aljoe Jaro and Abe for using such cowardly tactics to try and get a title shot, instead of doing it legitimately. Shame.

Im sure you guys want Abe to earn his shot fairly, instead of crying like a bitch about being ducked, even though he isnt even close to deserving of a title shot. So here is the IBFs top 15, who would you guys like to see Abe in there with? (note: Zarate and Mathebula are fighting an IBF eliminator bout in August, so both are out of the question)

1 NOT RATED
2 NOT RATED
3 Julio Zarate Mexico
4 Takalani Ndlovu South Africa
5 Rafael Marquez United States
6 Fernando Beltran, Jr. Mexico
7 Sergio Medina Argentina
8 Jeffery Mathebula South Africa
9 Rendall Munroe England
10 Rey Bautista Philippines
11 Kiko Martinez Spain
12 Luis Perez Nicaragua
13 Mike Oliver United States
14 Fashung 3k Battery Thailand
15 Oliver Lontchi Canada

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2008 2:39 am 
Bantamweight

bro did you read some of abe's previous articles? Your balls are bigger than your head,think first before you post! :banghead:

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2008 2:48 am 
Bantamweight

tirang82 wrote:
bro did you read some of abe's previous articles? Your balls are bigger than your head,think first before you post! :banghead:

in what sense? if you wanna see people with "balls bigger than their heads" go take a look at the "Molitor turns down Concepcion" thread. A bunch of idiots running their mouths from their computers, calling a guy who defended his title 4 times in less than 9 months, with 2 being mandatories, a coward, chicken ****, blah blah blah, etc. even though The IBF will not allow the fight to happen. Do I need to post this article again? For the last time, Molitor CANNOT fight Abe at this time. BUT, if Abe was actually in the top 15, then it could be a possibility.

http://philboxing.com/news/story-16579.html

And you didnt answer my question. Who would you like to see Abe fight from that ranking? I mean if you guys want him to fight Molitor, hes gotta beat somebody. Or you arent confident he can beat any of them?

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2008 3:18 am 
Cruiserweight

Anybody except BoomBoom Bautista. :D

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2008 3:21 am 
Cruiserweight

tirang82 wrote:

and your balls on your mouth bro.. .

STFU...

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2008 3:34 am 
Light Heavyweight

Well, I said this before and I will say it again.. Boxing is not a sport anymore its a business ..

the only reason is, its a high risk low reward fight...

No fighter is ducking anybody.. if it makes money they will grab it right away..

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2008 3:42 am 
Middleweight

I am not an English Professor but I think Abe is not "ducking" but "skipping" because Abe is going for the best from the line-up, so it is not considered as "ducking" an opponent. "Ducking" only applies if you are choosing a lower opponent from a greater one. Just my take on your post, I hope you get my point. :D

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2008 4:46 am 
Bantamweight

hugo_bossing wrote:
I am not an English Professor but I think Abe is not "ducking" but "skipping" because Abe is going for the best from the line-up, so it is not considered as "ducking" an opponent. "Ducking" only applies if you are choosing a lower opponent from a greater one. Just my take on your post, I hope you get my point. :D

I see what youre saying, but the thing is, if you wanna go after the IBF belt, you have to go about it the right way. What makes Abe so special that he can "skip" everyone right to the top? Personally, I dont think thats fair to the guys ahead of him, and it would contravene the IBFs own rules. They're not gonna break their own rules for anyone, not just Abe.

And I just dont see how Abe is in a position to be demanding that world champs face him on a months notice, despite the fact that Abe is not even ranked high enough to get the shot. Hes a quality prospect who may soon be in a position to face Molitor, but today he isnt. IMO, its for the best for Abe anyway, because right now I dont think he stands any chance against Molitor. BUT, let him develop as a boxer, continue to improve and face tougher opposition each time out, and earn his way into the top 15. Then after a few more fights he will probably be ready. You guys have to remember, hes still only 20, and its not a good idea to rush him. If he fought Molitor today, it would be almost as bad as Boom Boom vs. Ponce De Leon. No, Molitor wouldnt knock him out, but he would dominate Abe and win a very wide UD.

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2008 5:18 am 
Middleweight

You are HILARIOUS! Go grow a brain. :lol: I like your post though...Abe ducking Fahsung 3K Battery hahaha

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2008 5:36 am 
Bantamweight

badboypeenoy wrote:
You are HILARIOUS! Go grow a brain. :lol: I like your post though...Abe ducking Fahsung 3K Battery hahaha

It seems like its Abe and his ***** of a manager who need to grow a brain, considering they think they should get a title shot without earning it. Or they could grow some balls and fight a decent fighter in the top 15. either way would be fine. misinformed retards like yourself who talk out their *** without having any idea what theyre talking about should also grow a brain.

Oh and btw, 3K Battery>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Torrence Daniels and Juan Ruiz

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2008 6:36 am 
Light Heavyweight

Mijares fan wrote:
The IBFs Top 15? It is well known that you must be in the Top 15 to get a shot at the title, and yet, Abe and his camp have decided that they should get a title shot anyway, ahead of all the fighters who actually earned their place in the top 15. Its obvious that Abe is afraid that he will lose to anyone in the top 15 so they are trying to demand a free ride to the top, and avoid actually beating a live fighter on thier way to a title. Its downright PATHETIC if you think about it. I mean this is a guy whos coming off a win over a bum Torrence Daniels, and an extremely close win over Juan Ruiz, and he thinks that can get him a title shot? LMAO, hilarious. Why doesnt Abe just fight a guy in the top 15, beat him, and land himself in the top 15. Its hilarious to suggest this guy is being ducked when he hast proven anything, hasnt even beaten a top 25 fighter yet. Shame on Aljoe Jaro and Abe for using such cowardly tactics to try and get a title shot, instead of doing it legitimately. Shame.

Im sure you guys want Abe to earn his shot fairly, instead of crying like a bitch about being ducked, even though he isnt even close to deserving of a title shot. So here is the IBFs top 15, who would you guys like to see Abe in there with? (note: Zarate and Mathebula are fighting an IBF eliminator bout in August, so both are out of the question)

1 NOT RATED
2 NOT RATED
3 Julio Zarate Mexico
4 Takalani Ndlovu South Africa
5 Rafael Marquez United States
6 Fernando Beltran, Jr. Mexico
7 Sergio Medina Argentina
8 Jeffery Mathebula South Africa
9 Rendall Munroe England
10 Rey Bautista Philippines
11 Kiko Martinez Spain
12 Luis Perez Nicaragua
13 Mike Oliver United States
14 Fashung 3k Battery Thailand
15 Oliver Lontchi Canada

don't put the blame on Bernabe Concepcion. he has a manager who is handling his career and picks his fights. Concepcion's job is to prepare for those fights and win.

but i see what you're saying with Concepcion trying to go straight for Molitor without even being on the IBF top 15 list. it makes logical sense for Concepcion TO NOT GET THE TITLE SHOT. if a filipino deserves it, it'd be Rey Bautista because he is ranked #10.

however, perhaps Concepcion should turn his focus elsewhere. he's already ranked pretty well in the WBO. and so is Rey Bautista. Concepcion is ranked #7, and Bautista is ranked #3.

and as far as boxing being a business, Concepcion going after the WBO belt would make more sense. a "Mexico/Philippine Fight" would sell more tickets.

AND EVEN BETTER (i'm writing this as i check rankings)... Concepcion is actually ranked pretty high up in the WBC rankings. he's ranked #4. there's the WBO and WBC that Jaro could send Concepcion to either one. let's get him one of those ranked opponents (from WBC or WBO) on the fight Lethal Combination undercard.

Ring Magazine Pound4Pound: #1 PACQUIAO, #5 DONAIRE

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2008 6:39 am 
Lightweight

so this is your seventh post? welcome to Pacland. Where Pinoy haters/lovers come to fight.

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2008 6:53 am 
Middleweight

Mijares fan wrote:
hugo_bossing wrote:

I see what youre saying, but the thing is, if you wanna go after the IBF belt, you have to go about it the right way. What makes Abe so special that he can "skip" everyone right to the top? Personally, I dont think thats fair to the guys ahead of him, and it would contravene the IBFs own rules. They're not gonna break their own rules for anyone, not just Abe.

And I just dont see how Abe is in a position to be demanding that world champs face him on a months notice, despite the fact that Abe is not even ranked high enough to get the shot. Hes a quality prospect who may soon be in a position to face Molitor, but today he isnt. IMO, its for the best for Abe anyway, because right now I dont think he stands any chance against Molitor. BUT, let him develop as a boxer, continue to improve and face tougher opposition each time out, and earn his way into the top 15. Then after a few more fights he will probably be ready. You guys have to remember, hes still only 20, and its not a good idea to rush him. If he fought Molitor today, it would be almost as bad as Boom Boom vs. Ponce De Leon. No, Molitor wouldnt knock him out, but he would dominate Abe and win a very wide UD.

ok, I get what you mean, I'm just following the title of your thread and it is kind of misleading. Have a good day. :D

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2008 7:29 am 
Heavyweight

Mijares fan wrote:
tirang82 wrote:

in what sense? if you wanna see people with "balls bigger than their heads" go take a look at the "Molitor turns down Concepcion" thread.

I'm the thread starter of the "Molitor turns down Concepcion" thread... It's clearly stated in that news article that Abe is unranked by the IBF. The article also mentioned that Abe is ranked fourth by the more popular WBC.

Look at it this way, it's Team Abe's challenge to Molitor... It's up to Molitor or IBF to accept the challenge... It's not a mandatory fight and Molitor/IBF has all the reasons not to accept the fight...

Abe is also the current NABF super bantam champ and based on this, he at least has the accomplishments to challenge the regular champs.

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2008 7:31 am 
Heavyweight

Abe could KO all of those dudes if he wants to

Vladimir Putin

Rodrigo Duterte

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 116 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next