Pacland's Philippine Boxing Forum

Discussion on boxing and other sports, Filipino greats and anything under the sun.
It is currently Sun Apr 05, 2020 11:59 pm

All times are UTC + 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 116 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2008 12:20 am 
Cruiserweight

I knew it! This thread is actually for Boom2 fans against Abe's fans.
Actually, Boom2 handlers against Abe's handlers.
The TS just cannot state directly that Abe should not overtake Bum2. :lol:

:lol: Why did I even fall into this thread?

PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2008 4:49 am 
Light Heavyweight

Abe not scared of de leon.. ponce already is fighting some1 so thats later... serr Abe just wants to showcase his skills n wat a better place than a pacquiao fight.. he should fight bautista, or anyfccin body.. molitor refused when he couldof been put to use.. duwag. i really wana see Abe fight.. win or loose

PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2008 8:28 am 
Middleweight

PacCute wrote:
I knew it! This thread is actually for Boom2 fans against Abe's fans.
Actually, Boom2 handlers against Abe's handlers.
The TS just cannot state directly that Abe should not overtake Bum2. :lol:

:lol: Why did I even fall into this thread?

Thank God somebody saw the light. :lol:

PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2008 8:38 am 
Middleweight

OPLOK123 wrote:
Enough of this! Let Concepcion fight Ponce De Leon. Let's see how your boy handles the WBO champion. And this would the best yardstick of who is better between Concepcion and Bautista. Is Concepcion afraid of De Leon? I think he is.

If you want to know who is better between the two, let them fight each other! Oh, I forgot BoomBoom's handlers chickened out of that proposal already... :lol:

PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2008 2:39 pm 
Lightweight

badboypeenoy wrote:
OPLOK123 wrote:
Enough of this! Let Concepcion fight Ponce De Leon. Let's see how your boy handles the WBO champion. And this would the best yardstick of who is better between Concepcion and Bautista. Is Concepcion afraid of De Leon? I think he is.

If you want to know who is better between the two, let them fight each other! Oh, I forgot BoomBoom's handlers chickened out of that proposal already... :lol:

Concepcion against Bautista would be a very good fight. I'll bet Concepcion will not last 4 rounds against Bautista. Boomboom's handlers chickened out? When was that? Was there a challenge from Jaro for his boy to fight Bautista? Ah, ok, you were referring to those three mouthpieces of Jaro in the radio. They challenged Bautista to fight Concepcion. I remember that. But I think that's not how it works in the world of boxing. As far as I know Jaro never presented a formal proposal to Bautista's handlers to have his boy fight Boomboom. Only in the radio and it's a desperate move of Jaro.

PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2008 3:49 pm 
Middleweight

OPLOK123 wrote:
badboypeenoy wrote:
OPLOK123 wrote:

Concepcion against Bautista would be a very good fight. I'll bet Concepcion will not last 4 rounds against Bautista. Boomboom's handlers chickened out? When was that? Was there a challenge from Jaro for his boy to fight Bautista? Ah, ok, you were referring to those three mouthpieces of Jaro in the radio. They challenged Bautista to fight Concepcion. I remember that. But I think that's not how it works in the world of boxing. As far as I know Jaro never presented a formal proposal to Bautista's handlers to have his boy fight Boomboom. Only in the radio and it's a desperate move of Jaro.

Old News.

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=82637&hilit=boom+boom+afraid

If Bautista's handlers really isn't SCARED, Bautista vs Concepcion can happen anytime they want, Jaro is just a phonecall/email away and Bautista still doesn't have an opponent. 8)

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2008 7:38 am 
Bantamweight

badboypeenoy wrote:
PacCute wrote:
OPLOK123 wrote:
Why do Concepcion insist on fighting Molitor? Because his handlers think that Molitor is the weakest of all the champions in his division? Why not challenge Ponce De Leon instead? Let's see if Concepcion has got enough in his armory against the WBO champion.

That's no brainer boy. Concepcion just believes he can beat Molitor. Why not DPDL? Maybe he believes he cannot beat DPDL yet. :lol:

Of all the champs in the division, only Molitor doesn't have a schedule yet. DPDL is scheduled to defend against Juanma Lopez on June 7, Caballero is set to defend against Lorenzo Parra on the same date and I think his management doesn't want to put him in there too soon with a well rested Vazquez...come one, one month to prepare for Vazquez? :lol:

I think after June 7, well have a new set of Champs. Juanma will be the new WBO champ and Caballero will lose on a hometown decision against Parra :lol:

no, Molitor does a scheduled fight in August, it just hasnt been announced yet.

I could see Juanma beating Ponce, but I would be very surprised to see Parra beat Caballero, even with a robbery.

I just came across this on ESPNs website today, and if true, a Parra upset win would be bad news for both Molitor and Cab, who plan to unify in November. Here is the short article:

"The junior featherweight division has been hot thanks to the intense trilogy between champion Israel Vazquez and Rafael Marquez. Lurking below them are Canada's Steve Molitor (27-0, 10 KOs) and Panama's Celestino Caballero (28-2, 19 KOs), who each hold belts and are looking to make a name for themselves. What better way than to unify? That is the plan on Nov. 21 in Ontario, Molitor's home base. Leon Margules of Seminole Warriors Boxing, which co-promotes Caballero, told ESPN.com that he has reached an "oral agreement in principle" with Molitor's handlers for the fight. Showtime is working to make a deal to air the bout on "ShoBox." Both fighters would need to win interim bouts before that happens as Caballero is slated to defend against ex-flyweight titlist Lorenzo Parra on June 7 in Venezuela, while Molitor also plans to take a summer defense."

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2008 7:40 am 
Bantamweight

Pac Guevarra wrote:
the title should be "why Molitor is chickening out........" lol

or maybe "why are there so many illiterate paclanders?"

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2008 7:53 am 
Bantamweight

macan77 wrote:
skipper5398 wrote:
Mijares fan wrote:

"ducking and overtaking" are two different words my friend. Who's afraid of whom? Nobody is afraid from anybody..so what if Abe wants to overtake everyone infront of him..besides, he can beat anybody in the list. Frankly speaking, molitor won't last a distance against abe..its a strategy, why waste your time on the subjects of the king, why not cut the throat of the king himself and installed himself the king..its plain and simple..if you want to be the king, then beat the king..you are not ducking anybody, you are just shortcutting your trip to your kingdom..intiendies mijares fan.

Molitor wont last the distance against Abe? based on what? the fact that many fighters who are nowhere near Molitors level lasted the distance with Abe? You're entitled to your opinion, but IMO, if they fought today, Molitor would box circles around him. Abe has better power than Molitor, but I really think that Molitor is better or equal to him in every other aspect of boxing. Defense, handspeed, counterpunching, movement/foot work, combination punching, these are areas that Molitor is clearly better than Abe in. Molitor also has freakishly good stamina. IMO, Abe has a lot of work to do before being ready for Molitor.

I still think that Ponce (if he beats Juanma) is the easiest way to a title fo Abe. I think stylistically its a much better fight for him. I think Molitor puts on a boxing clinic on Abe, but I think that Ponce vs. Abe would be a WAR. With the way these 2 fight, it would be an action packed fight that the fans would love to see, and Abe would stand a good chance of beating him, as long as his chin holds up, and he can match Ponces workrate. If he can do that, he beats him probably.

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2008 8:59 am 
Light Heavyweight

Don't you think it's Jaro's fault? I mean if I were Abe, who am I to duck anyone? I haven't proven anything yet. Jaro's been running his mouth ever since Juanma Lopez camp turned him downed which actually according to Lopez handlers, the talks between the two camps didn't even materialize and now here he is again with Molitor. Geez! I hope Abe gets himself out of Jaro's management.

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2008 10:37 am 
Lightweight

badboypeenoy wrote:

Old News.

If Bautista's handlers really isn't SCARED, Bautista vs Concepcion can happen anytime they want, Jaro is just a phonecall/email away and Bautista still doesn't have an opponent. 8)

Correct. Old news but true. If Jaro really wants his boy to fight Bautista he should present a formal offer to Bautista's handlers. And tell Jaro to make a good offer that's hard to refuse. $$$$ if you know what I mean. And please tell Jaro to stop airing his challenge on radio because that does not work in professional boxing. People involved in boxing are not small kids. And since it is Jaro who is so interested let him call Bautista's handlers not the other way around. Because Bautista's handlers are busy looking for his opponents that would earn him dollars.

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2008 10:55 am 
Middleweight

nobushino wrote:
Don't you think it's Jaro's fault? I mean if I were Abe, who am I to duck anyone? I haven't proven anything yet. Jaro's been running his mouth ever since Juanma Lopez camp turned him downed which actually according to Lopez handlers, the talks between the two camps didn't even materialize and now here he is again with Molitor. Geez! I hope Abe gets himself out of Jaro's management.

Yeah, be like Condes. Win a belt with Jaro's help, then ditch the guy...start training in another gym and pray hard that another manager would take pity on you and believe that you won't just use them and ditch them the way you did Jaro. Yeah, I guess Abe Concepcion's just DYING to get out of Jaro's management... 8)

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2008 11:01 am 
Middleweight

OPLOK123 wrote:
badboypeenoy wrote:

Old News.

Correct. Old news but true. If Jaro really wants his boy to fight Bautista he should present a formal offer to Bautista's handlers. And tell Jaro to make a good offer that's hard to refuse. $$$$ if you know what I mean. And please tell Jaro to stop airing his challenge on radio because that does not work in professional boxing. People involved in boxing are not small kids. And since it is Jaro who is so interested let him call Bautista's handlers not the other way around. Because Bautista's handlers are busy looking for his opponents that would earn him dollars.

That may be true before, when beating Bautista would have amounted to something, but now? I think Bautista needs to beat Concepcion more than Abe needs to beat him. Jaro is open to the fight but I don't think he'd stoop too low as to offer it the third time after they said "no" twice already. If Bautista's handlers really aren't SCARED, maybe its time they send feelers...which I believe they won't do because another devastating loss would be IT for their boy. :lol:

Last edited by badboypeenoy on Sun May 25, 2008 11:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2008 11:05 am 
Heavyweight

Mijares fan wrote:
Pac Guevarra wrote:

or maybe "TS who don't know what ducking means"? lol

Manny Pacquiao did not just open the door, but the entire border for our Filipino boxers, trainers, promoters, sports writers and even the Pinoy boxing fans to the boxing world to be reckoned with. Pac Yo Da Man!!!

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2008 11:14 am 
Middleweight

Pac Guevarra wrote:
Mijares fan wrote:
Pac Guevarra wrote:

or maybe "TS who don't know what ducking means"? lol

He's a genius bro, I'm sure he knows...he just doesn't want Concepcion to "duck" a certain fighter who's rated by the IBF. If you know what I mean. 8)

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 116 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next