Pacland's Philippine Boxing Forum

Discussion on boxing and other sports, Filipino greats and anything under the sun.
It is currently Sun Oct 25, 2020 4:27 am

All times are UTC + 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 92 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next
PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2010 4:58 pm 
Welterweight

At least let's hope for a competitive fight not an utter desttruction for abe. :shock:

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2010 5:02 pm 
Welterweight

He will need a major overhaul before facing Juanma, he cant be retreating at the ropes taking shots like that and he needs a cool head not retaliating with haymakers when he gets tagged by a strong punch.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2010 5:03 pm 
Heavyweight

Concepcion doesn't have the killer instinct. Often times, he is just waiting for an opening to land that one big punch. I think he should show more than that if he faces an opponent as tough as Juanma.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2010 5:05 pm 
Flyweight

I agree with Retz.

Abe is very strong, and a good counter puncher. But he isn't aggressive enough, and I don't know if he ever will be. It just doesn't seem in his nature to be an offensive fighter. I was there when he fought Luevano, and there seemed to be so many times he let Luevano off of the hook. He waits too long. If he commits to throwing more punches per round and becomes more of a "volume puncher," he can dominate his weight class. However, it just does not seem like a natural thing for him to do. He fights too carefully in my opinion. At this point, I don't believe he has what it takes to be champ. Maybe a good training camp can change that.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2010 5:08 pm 
Light Heavyweight

leftstraight wrote:
yep. juanma too good for abe.

juanma > luevano > abe. simple math.

Style makes fight bro.

Your logic is illogical.

JaunMa winning against Luevano, Abe had a hard time against Luevano does not equate that JuanMa will easily beat Abe.

Abe likes fighter who comes forward like JuanMa.

If Abe has the power to hurt JuanMa, this will be an interesting fight.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2010 5:14 pm 
Cruiserweight

goldunderfire wrote:
leftstraight wrote:
yep. juanma too good for abe.

juanma > luevano > abe. simple math.

Style makes fight bro.

Your logic is illogical.

JaunMa winning against Luevano, Abe had a hard time against Luevano does not equate that JuanMa will easily beat Abe.

Abe likes fighter who comes forward like JuanMa.

If Abe has the power to hurt JuanMa, this will be an interesting fight.

sure, styles make fights. but abe doesn't have the style to beat juanma imo. abe's not even in juanma's level right now imo. i dont hate abe, just calling things the way i see it.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2010 5:19 pm 
Light Heavyweight

I hate to agree with you, but yea... Concepcion will get his a$$ handed to him. Concepcion's good, but not at the same level as Juanma. I even think AJ Banal's better than Concepcion...(except for the endurance factor)

Anyway, I would still pay to watch the fight. It's not bad to hope is it? :)

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2010 5:21 pm 
Light Heavyweight

juanma by BRUTAL KO... the more rounds it takes for the KO, the more permanent the damage will be... could be damaged goods after this fight..

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2010 5:28 pm 
Heavyweight

Barabarabay wrote:
Juan Ma Lopez was almost kayoed in the final round by Rogers Mtagwa when Juan Ma run out of steam.

Juan Ma has stamina issues. and that's the way to defeat him - by pushing him to the limits.

But then Bernabe has stamina issues too.

:lol:

Bro.Barabarabay is correct.One way Abe can beat JuanMa is to push him to the limit.
But how if Abe got kayoed in the very first round?
Bernabe should train under Pacquiao and then.....
LET'S GET TO RUMBLE !

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2010 5:31 pm 
Welterweight

mucho wrote:
I don't know about you guys, but IMO,juanma would be be too fast for Concepcion.With his recent showing against santiago,though he won this one unanimously,Bernabe concepcion showed flaws in his technique.He jabs less to set-up his powerful right.He fights as if he is always looking for a knockout.He cocks up before he throws just like ricky hatton,thus making him predictable,and mostly is a headhunter.He should also work more on his combinations and throw a lot more punches(he was way behind Santiago in the number of punches thrown per round). Some of his puches are wayward and wide mostly hooks,rather than sharp snappy straights.Abe was decent in the counterpuching and defense department.If he wants to win against juanma,he should at least try to win on points and not always look for a knockout.Good showing against santiago than his previous fight against leuvano,but I honestly think he's not yet ready for a technical fighter like Juanma.Too slick and powerful. Let's just hope he catches juanma with a lucky punch.

I agree with your views bro..But I'll give Abe a chance..You're right about his jabs,he should be more active to at least impress the judges(I thought he lost some rounds because of being a bit passive)..And he should learn to throw short punches,(hindi yung todo bigay palagi that may result him tiring out early)..Yes,I thought he got excited when he hurt Santiago and was head hunting,he forgot the body....But I think it can be fixed with a good preparation and good training camp with the supervision of Pacquiao himself...

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2010 5:32 pm 
Light Heavyweight

Juanma may have technical advantage against Abe. But in terms of power he could fare well I guess. He struggle very hard against Leuvano, coz he (Leuvano) is a technical fighter. But Juanma oftentimes bully his opponents and could have lapses in defense, thats the only chance for Abe because I do believe he can take down Juanma in one lucky punch.

Abe is ready for high profile fight IMO. Lets not wait long, Juanma is waiting for him. A rigid training is necessary for this fight. Improve his endurance since Juanma will have a trouble fighting a 12 rounds. If the fight could go the distance he will have a chance. He should have develop his jab also. He barely jabs.. Acquire some technical skills and he could beat the likes of Juanma.

If and when he beats Juanma, thats his moment to shine..Its not that Impossible. :D

Bertrand Russel

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2010 5:35 pm 
Cruiserweight

That performance of Concepcion today is not enough for Juanma, still too far to compete Juanma.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2010 5:44 pm 
Light Heavyweight

skipper5398 wrote:
That performance of Concepcion today is not enough for Juanma, still too far to compete Juanma.

You're right.
He has to improve overall. Let him do that during training. His power is his major weapon. But he has to develop some, jabs, lateral movements, footwork, defense..etc.

He can do it, lets hope.

Bertrand Russel

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2010 5:56 pm 

I think Abe is boxing too much and waiting too much... that's not his style... he should push the fight and be the aggressor... that style won't work against Juanma Lopez who has a long reach, fast hands, and power from both fists. He should let his hands go... being gun shy should be the last thing on his mind when he's up against a fighter like Juanma...

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2010 6:04 pm 
Heavyweight

Another thing is Abe's defense. I don't know if that is his tactics but he get hit a lot of times and doesn't evade those punches. Good thing he can withstand it what if those punches are coming from Juanma? I just couldn't imagine him absorbing those power punches.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 92 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next