Pacland's Philippine Boxing Forum

Discussion on boxing and other sports, Filipino greats and anything under the sun.
It is currently Tue Aug 20, 2019 12:38 am

All times are UTC + 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 92 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2010 6:10 pm 
Welterweight

I definitely agree that JuanMa will KO Abe Conception if the planned fight pushes through. JuanMa is just too sleek and smart compared to Abe.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2010 6:11 pm 
Welterweight

no.1fan wrote:
The best form and skills I saw in Abe was when he fought Gabriel Elizondo. Now he has gone to worst. His punches are wayward and not very strong coz his footing is not grounded firmly on the ground. So much power and energy is wasted because hi fought from a distance. he merely reaches his opponents head. He should fight his fight and not that of his opponent. he is very much at target range of his opponent while he on the otherhand still has to reach out to hit. He should take more risk and fight inside using combinations and short but strong punches. Lastly he has to work more on his body's durability. He will surely lose to Juanma if they fight now.

nice analogy bro.Abe should work inside,move in and out ,and throw short straights more often.. juanma has a 3 inch height advantage at 5'7" and a 7 inch reach advantage at 175cm. Imagine juanma working at a distance while abe trying to tag his head.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2010 6:18 pm 
Welterweight

@mucho, you're right.. Freddie should handle Abe's training if he fights JuamMa... using Pacman Training Style ^^

In diz day n age of mediocrity Ders 2 types of rappers dat u'll recognize n hear But I prefer da ones wid da lyrics of da year Than da gimmick wid da gear and da ryt puppeteer Now you can be da next Rakim Shakespear
=J-Live=

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2010 6:26 pm 
Cruiserweight

Abe is too one-dimensional at this point. I was just wondering why the Pinoy commentators were sort of saying that Abe has the complete package. LOL

Unless Abe gets a "skills and power" download from his patron Manny, then Juanma will kill Abe in the ring.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2010 6:39 pm 
Heavyweight

Tristan Cruz wrote:
there's a lot to improve on Abe, he should start training very early..
and he needs quality sparmates.. Abe has a punchers chance, but a
very small at that.

Agree Bro...He needs to improve on a lot of aspects including his timing and precision...
Abe has decent power punches but it's useless if you're not landing it effectively...

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2010 6:43 pm 
Lightweight

cge pustahan tayo kay abe ako.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2010 6:54 pm 
Heavyweight

Conception is waiting too much to counter and land a power shot. He's trying to do a Manny Pacquiao, inviting his opponent to come in to get in a haymaker but gets himself hurt in the process. His foot work and head movement is very much improved but he's too passive at times even when he's got his opponent hurt.

Conception gave me a scare.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2010 6:56 pm 
Heavyweight

kamenrider wrote:
cge pustahan tayo kay abe ako.

Ok game ako bro. JuanMa by KO w/in 9 rds. What kind of bet do you have in mind?

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2010 7:03 pm 
Heavyweight

abe will be ko'ed bu juanma..

abe is good but not on the level of someone who can beat juanma..

i mean he is like those basketball players of present generation,full of athleticism and style but lacks fundamentals or basketball iq..

if abe can just learn the angles like how pacman uses it and right timing and remove his 'sabayan tactics' i think he can last 12 rounds against juanma,but still he will lose.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2010 7:33 pm 
Featherweight

Juanma will be stronger and taller and longer...He will be just as fast as Luevano...
If Concepcion won't have any improvements he will be in for trouble as we know, Juanma is a big puncher...
But I give Abe a chance, since Juanma is a lot slower than before because of the weight...mmm
Hard to tell but Abe will have smaller chances to win, but there's always that 'unseen' punch from nowhere, I've seen it before from Abe... That's boxing, It would be more entertaining. Both guys are Fighters!!! 8)

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2010 8:40 pm 
Middleweight

mucho wrote:
no.1fan wrote:
The best form and skills I saw in Abe was when he fought Gabriel Elizondo. . .

nice analogy bro.Abe should work inside,move in and out ,and throw short straights more often.. juanma has a 3 inch height advantage at 5'7" and a 7 inch reach advantage at 175cm. Imagine juanma working at a distance while abe trying to tag his head.

Just a question, any idea how the reach (175cm) is measured?

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2010 9:30 pm 
Welterweight

Yeah JuanMa struggled against Mtagwa and we all know that JuanMa's body is already a featherweight trying to drain himself to make the 122lbs.Concepcion could not hit Luevano until after the bell and was outjab all night.JuanMa destroyed Luevano easily.JuanMa by 1st round knock out sad but true JuanMa's another level and Concepcion is no where near to that.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2010 9:36 pm 
Heavyweight

no.1fan wrote:
The best form and skills I saw in Abe was when he fought Gabriel Elizondo. Now he has gone to worst. His punches are wayward and not very strong coz his footing is not grounded firmly on the ground. So much power and energy is wasted because hi fought from a distance. he merely reaches his opponents head. He should fight his fight and not that of his opponent. he is very much at target range of his opponent while he on the otherhand still has to reach out to hit. He should take more risk and fight inside using combinations and short but strong punches. Lastly he has to work more on his body's durability. He will surely lose to Juanma if they fight now.

maybe buboy is trying too much to change abe into pacman......

abe's style before is better than now......good thing he can still punch with power.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2010 9:41 pm 
Welterweight

leftstraight wrote:
yep. juanma too good for abe.

juanma > luevano > abe. simple math.

Boxing is not a simple math.Look at this: Margarito destroyed Cotto, Cotto defeated Mosley, while Mosley KO Margarito. Juanma is better than Abe, yes. But not in the way you look at it.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2010 9:45 pm 
Heavyweight

Abe simply doesn't have what it takes to hang in there with JuanMa.
Heart, stamina, resilience, sense of urgency and indomitable spirit are the key intangibles need to beat a relentless, confident killer like JuanMa. Too much patience, low workrate and a puncher's mentality ain't enough to get him by. The one i see curling under Santiago's body shots and hanging on for dear life in later rounds won't last the distance with the Puerto Rican.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 92 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next