Pacland's Philippine Boxing Forum

Discussion on boxing and other sports, Filipino greats and anything under the sun.
It is currently Sat Aug 24, 2019 8:16 pm

All times are UTC + 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 92 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2010 9:49 pm 
Welterweight

helven wrote:
Abe simply doesn't have what it takes to hang in there with JuanMa.
Heart, stamina, resilience, sense of urgency and indomitable spirit are the key intangibles need to beat a relentless, confident killer like JuanMa. Too much patience, low workrate and a puncher's mentality ain't enough to get him by. The one i see curling under Santiago's body shots and hanging on for dear life in later rounds won't last the distance with the Puerto Rican.

Very well said. Abe don't deserve a shot against Juanma as of now. A rematch against Luevano can be better.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2010 10:00 pm 
Heavyweight

Marqueses wrote:
helven wrote:
Abe simply doesn't have what it takes to hang in there with JuanMa.
Heart, stamina, resilience, sense of urgency and indomitable spirit are the key intangibles need to beat a relentless, confident killer like JuanMa. Too much patience, low workrate and a puncher's mentality ain't enough to get him by. The one i see curling under Santiago's body shots and hanging on for dear life in later rounds won't last the distance with the Puerto Rican.

Very well said. Abe don't deserve a shot against Juanma as of now. A rematch against Luevano can be better.

If the Ciso Morales debacle has any indication for all of us,
it says clearly that we shouldn't rush our bright prospects against more powerful and experienced opponents.

Right, he should take it slow next by way of a rematch with Luevano.
Let's face it, if a lesser-skilled, oft-tentative southpaw like Santiago could give him hell...
what more an offensive-minded JuanMa can do?

Abe needs a confidence-builder first before taking on a P4P caliber Champion.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2010 10:15 pm 
Heavyweight

I can't even understand why some people are even thinking of pitting Abe against the lion Juanma,this kid is rebuilding his career after his lost to Luevano,throwing him against Juanma is too early,he's gonna get his @ss kicked again for sure,the way he fought this guy Santiago,i don't think he's ready,give him 2 more fights against quality fighters and let's see how he correct his flaws,man Abe should be taught how to throw jab and set up his combinations,laging gigil sa knockout and too much head hunting,he can't brawl with Juanma,we know what's gonna happen...

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2010 10:48 pm 
Welterweight

Too late Bro.Being a winner against Santiago makes him an outright challenger against Juanma.Both Yuroikis gamboa and Juanma are being set for a much anticipated duel nextyear by Toprank Boss Bob Arum.But before going at each other,both of them are tasked by Arum to clear up all fighters of the featherweight division,Concepcion and Cris John included.Too bad Concepcion is first on the list against juanma (ready or not),and Cris John against Gamboa this summer(august). :shock:

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2010 10:51 pm 
Heavyweight

mucho wrote:
Too late Bro.Being a winner against Santiago makes him an outright challenger against Juanma.Both Yuroikis gamboa and Juanma are being set for a much anticipated duel nextyear by Toprank Boss Bob Arum.But before going at each other,both of them are tasked by Arum to clear up all fighters of the featherweight division,Concepcion and Cris John included.Too bad Concepcion is first on the list against juanma (ready or not),and Cris John against Gamboa this summer(august). :shock:

Nothing is too late until the signatures are on the contract.
Abe can still opt out on the proposed match up.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2010 10:54 pm 
Middleweight

i'm just being objective ... based on the last 2 fights of Concepcion that I watched, he's got no straight chance against JuanMa ...lucky punch maybe, but that's all there is

Concepcion is too wild and slow footed

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2010 11:18 pm 
Heavyweight

HorrorFan wrote:
Abe Conception is a MEDIOCRE fighter with a capital M. Sure he's big, aggressive, and young but that's it. There's nothing special about him. He still fights the bara-bara (anything goes) way without any regard for defense, lacks hand-eye coordination, decent footwork, and his power is overrated. If I can describe him in 1 sentence, it'll go something like this: "Bernabe Concepcion is a VERY, VERY, VERY POOR man's version of Yuriorkis Gamboa without the blinding speed and the bone-crushing power."

Pitting him against Juanma will prove to be a very big mistake, a suicide mission if you will. Lopez is too fast, too smart, too powerful, and simply too good for him. I say get him a trainer who will do a complete overhaul on him. His partnership with Roach doesn't seem to be working.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
at abe having no power daw oh?
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2010 11:28 pm 
Welterweight

mucho wrote:
I don't know about you guys, but IMO,juanma would be be too fast for Concepcion.With his recent showing against santiago,though he won this one unanimously,Bernabe concepcion showed flaws in his technique.He jabs less to set-up his powerful right.He fights as if he is always looking for a knockout.He cocks up before he throws just like ricky hatton,thus making him predictable,and mostly is a headhunter.He should also work more on his combinations and throw a lot more punches(he was way behind Santiago in the number of punches thrown per round). Some of his puches are wayward and wide mostly hooks,rather than sharp snappy straights.Abe was decent in the counterpuching and defense department.If he wants to win against juanma,he should at least try to win on points and not always look for a knockout.Good showing against santiago than his previous fight against leuvano,but I honestly think he's not yet ready for a technical fighter like Juanma.Too slick and powerful. Let's just hope he catches juanma with a lucky punch.

AGREED!

that's also how i would break it down
i think if abe focuses on conditioning he could slug it out with juanma

-more jabs to setup his powerful right
-improve body and foot coordination to negate reach
-enough of the showboating! ( hit the target/opponent first tsk3x)
-improve stamina
-be more aggressive ( waits too much )
:sling:

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2010 11:56 pm 
Heavyweight

against the grain wrote:
juanma by BRUTAL KO... the more rounds it takes for the KO, the more permanent the damage will be... could be damaged goods after this fight..

di halatang concepcion hater here guys. di niya lang minention ang pangalan pero let me do it for you.
"the more permanent the damage will be TO CONCEPCION.
CONCEPCION could be damaged goods after this fight"

i support boxers be it ala,jaro or whatever stable they are as long as they are pinoy boxers. there are no fans who hate jaro boxers more than some fanatic ala fans, the same goes for fanatic jaro fans hating ala boxers. Bear in mind that your ala stable has one boxer who is now suffering. if he won't recover, that is permanent damage in other words damaged goods.

and you're so happy about that?
you want boxers to end up like ali or gorres do you?right?

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 12:11 am 
Cruiserweight

mucho wrote:
I don't know about you guys, but IMO,juanma would be be too fast for Concepcion.With his recent showing against santiago,though he won this one unanimously,Bernabe concepcion showed flaws in his technique.He jabs less to set-up his powerful right.He fights as if he is always looking for a knockout.He cocks up before he throws just like ricky hatton,thus making him predictable,and mostly is a headhunter.He should also work more on his combinations and throw a lot more punches(he was way behind Santiago in the number of punches thrown per round). Some of his puches are wayward and wide mostly hooks,rather than sharp snappy straights.Abe was decent in the counterpuching and defense department.If he wants to win against juanma,he should at least try to win on points and not always look for a knockout.Good showing against santiago than his previous fight against leuvano,but I honestly think he's not yet ready for a technical fighter like Juanma.Too slick and powerful. Let's just hope he catches juanma with a lucky punch.

cocepcion has no lateral movements, no less variety of shots, poor stamina...won't take him far in high level competition.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 12:17 am 
Heavyweight

I have to admit that in his last performance, he's not yet ready to face juanma. as what manny was saying to abe, he still need a lot of training. the timing in his legs to land a punch is off. I hope manny is true to his words that he will be the one to monitor concepcion, then I must say it will be a great help to be trained by manny. manny should spar with abe and let him taste how a P4P fighter fights before he will be pitted against quality opponents. Im sure manny will be a confidence builder for concepcion.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 12:24 am 
Heavyweight

loyski wrote:
Abe is too one-dimensional at this point. I was just wondering why the Pinoy commentators were sort of saying that Abe has the complete package. LOL

Unless Abe gets a "skills and power" download from his patron Manny, then Juanma will kill Abe in the ring.

skills i agree he is lacking, but in power he is not. it just looks like he doesn't have power because he just doesn't throw much.
at least now he's shown he's learned his lesson to be not too tentative like he was in his luevano fight when he knows he can take the opponent's fight.
his staying on the rope is a tactic of his to bait his opponent's to punch him so he can counter. he should stop that.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 12:30 am 
Welterweight

Probably this will be the last fight of Abe also.Relax guys it would be painless JuanMa Lopez by brutal 1st round knockout.Prepare emergency surgery afterwards and foundation also.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 12:41 am 
Heavyweight

I think IMHO, Abe must develop his timing and also especially his STAMINA. His footwork has been ok,but sometimes tag when cornered, he must learn how to escape his way when he is on that situation. I suggest Coach Freddie must handle Abe and spar always with Pacquiao.

Muhammad Ali

CIA#07-10-012
PB#453

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 12:48 am 
Welterweight

Abe has a chance against Juan Ma...He needs to start early always in training and Team Pacquiao should be with him during training especially freddie and manny because It seems that abe needs to be pushed sometimes and he needs to be disciplined. Anyways in my opinion Abe needs to work on his
1st:DEFENSE
2nd:STAMINA
3rd:FOOTWORK
4th:HAND AND FOOT COORDINATION (SET UP HIS PUNCHES)
5th:Punches(volume and power)
6th:KILLER TENACITY

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 92 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next