Pacland's Philippine Boxing Forum

Discussion on boxing and other sports, Filipino greats and anything under the sun.
It is currently Thu Oct 17, 2019 11:28 pm

All times are UTC + 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 92 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 1:11 am 
Middleweight

with that kind of performance, even Michael Farenas will kill Concepcion. :lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 1:19 am 
Heavyweight

More abs work for Abe. Train HARD for volume punches. He won't survive twelve against Juanma with a low work rate. Juanma will attack Abe like he did Gerry.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 1:24 am 
Light Heavyweight

radeon wrote:
HorrorFan wrote:
Abe Conception is a MEDIOCRE fighter with a capital M. Sure he's big, aggressive, and young but that's it. There's nothing special about him. He still fights the bara-bara (anything goes) way without any regard for defense, lacks hand-eye coordination, decent footwork, and his power is overrated. If I can describe him in 1 sentence, it'll go something like this: "Bernabe Concepcion is a VERY, VERY, VERY POOR man's version of Yuriorkis Gamboa without the blinding speed and the bone-crushing power."

Pitting him against Juanma will prove to be a very big mistake, a suicide mission if you will. Lopez is too fast, too smart, too powerful, and simply too good for him. I say get him a trainer who will do a complete overhaul on him. His partnership with Roach doesn't seem to be working.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
at abe having no power daw oh?
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

He didn't say NO power... he's saying he doesn't have the same "bone-crushing" power as Gamboa.

Let me explain:

A has more power than B
C has more power than A
Both A and C have power, but C has the most power. See? A still has power, just less than C. :D

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 1:35 am 
Cruiserweight

IMO Abe power would be so much GREATER if he knew how to use it

Oh it's so soooft.

Ahh! Your p*ssy hates me...

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 3:20 am 
Middleweight

:shock:

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 5:37 am 
Heavyweight

abes only chance is ko by way of lucky punch, hes nbot a boxer and is too late for him to learn to box and neutralize juanmas attack, if he tries to box he will get ko in the middle rounds, ill say go for broke and attack since the very beginning, i think abe can land a good punch in the exchanges, if not hes being koed anyways...

what pisses me off about abe is that sometimes (very often) he just stands there hesitating to throw punches and thats when his opponents build a lead, at the end he is behind and in need of a ko to win, when he lets his hands fly he really looks impressive...

PACLAND: where pacquiao fans around the world congregate.

To talk about floyd! LMFAO!!!!

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 6:05 am 
Heavyweight

After seeing his fight, I know Panalo tayong pinoy if Abe and Juanma meet each other in the ring. Sa betting game, is what I mean. :lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 6:06 am 
Light Heavyweight

mucho wrote:
I don't know about you guys, but IMO,juanma would be be too fast for Concepcion.With his recent showing against santiago,though he won this one unanimously,Bernabe concepcion showed flaws in his technique.He jabs less to set-up his powerful right.He fights as if he is always looking for a knockout.He cocks up before he throws just like ricky hatton,thus making him predictable,and mostly is a headhunter.He should also work more on his combinations and throw a lot more punches(he was way behind Santiago in the number of punches thrown per round). Some of his puches are wayward and wide mostly hooks,rather than sharp snappy straights.Abe was decent in the counterpuching and defense department.If he wants to win against juanma,he should at least try to win on points and not always look for a knockout.Good showing against santiago than his previous fight against leuvano,but I honestly think he's not yet ready for a technical fighter like Juanma.Too slick and powerful. Let's just hope he catches juanma with a lucky punch.

concepcion to fight lopez is very too soon. he will end up like terible.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 8:10 am 
Welterweight

just like how barrera was suppose to kill pac in their first match. '' '' oscar was suppose to kill pac.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 9:10 am 
Lightweight

In my opinion, I thought Abe lost his fight with Santiago. Although he had better punch connection stats - he threw a lot less. Santiago was visibly irked upon hearing the decision.

Abe in my mind could have been more convincing if he threw more punches. There were plenty of times that we would slip and move to Santiago's right side and was free to throw shots but curiously he didn't. Comparing that to Pacquiao, Manny would have thrown 3 to 4 shots given the same situation. It was the perfect opportunity but Abe decided to just dance away .

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 9:27 am 
Heavyweight

who knows abe could catch lopez w/ a hard punch and hurt him? that will change the momentum and would slow lopez a bit.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 9:31 am 
Heavyweight

Bannana-Q wrote:
IMO Abe power would be so much GREATER if he knew how to use it

I agree. He's got power but he needs to use his jab and footwork to set it up. He can be quick on his feet but I agree with Pac's assessment on him that his feet and his hands are not in sync.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 11:04 am 
Welterweight

Philarious wrote:
In my opinion, I thought Abe lost his fight with Santiago. Although he had better punch connection stats - he threw a lot less. Santiago was visibly irked upon hearing the decision.

Abe in my mind could have been more convincing if he threw more punches. There were plenty of times that we would slip and move to Santiago's right side and was free to throw shots but curiously he didn't. Comparing that to Pacquiao, Manny would have thrown 3 to 4 shots given the same situation. It was the perfect opportunity but Abe decided to just dance away .

Santiago was knocked down. He was groggy for several times. during the last 2 rounds, he hit low blows many times that weakened Abe.

Abe convincingly won the fight, and he has chance against Juan Ma Lopez, IMHO.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 11:24 am 
Heavyweight

mucho wrote:
I don't know about you guys, but IMO,juanma would be be too fast for Concepcion.With his recent showing against santiago,though he won this one unanimously,Bernabe concepcion showed flaws in his technique.He jabs less to set-up his powerful right.He fights as if he is always looking for a knockout.He cocks up before he throws just like ricky hatton,thus making him predictable,and mostly is a headhunter.He should also work more on his combinations and throw a lot more punches(he was way behind Santiago in the number of punches thrown per round). Some of his puches are wayward and wide mostly hooks,rather than sharp snappy straights.Abe was decent in the counterpuching and defense department.If he wants to win against juanma,he should at least try to win on points and not always look for a knockout.Good showing against santiago than his previous fight against leuvano,but I honestly think he's not yet ready for a technical fighter like Juanma.Too slick and powerful. Let's just hope he catches juanma with a lucky punch.

I think you are right. Concepcion should also capitalize on earning points by connecting fast and hard combo, and then go for a KO in the later rounds. He needs to improve his stamina to last the distance in order to carry out this winning position. :D

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 11:39 am 
Welterweight

mucho wrote:

agree.he need more good fights before facing juanma.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 92 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next