Pacland's Philippine Boxing Forum

Discussion on boxing and other sports, Filipino greats and anything under the sun.
It is currently Tue Oct 22, 2019 3:49 am

All times are UTC + 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 177 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
PostPosted: Sat May 22, 2010 10:33 pm 
Middleweight

I don't want to hear excuses like
Concepcion is not ready
Concepcion needs experience
Concepcion gas was not enough

The truth is, Concepcion is a class B boxer.

PostPosted: Sat May 22, 2010 11:24 pm 
Bantamweight

dont be too negative guys, even if abe's chance of winning is slim, he is still a big puncher. let us just hope that the big punch will going to land at the target.. as for his stamina, i know abe is aware of that weakness so they're gona work on it.

PostPosted: Sat May 22, 2010 11:43 pm 
Heavyweight

I agree. he is not ready

Its a shame we'll have another Ciso Morales on our hands

PostPosted: Sat May 22, 2010 11:48 pm 
Heavyweight

Concepcion has the power, speed and technique to win. Stamina is in question.

But it is more of his fighting attitude that needs to be improved. He needs to believe he can beat Juanma. Because he can. No more of the Luevano stuff. He has to train HARD to have the stamina to be able to do what he has to do without reservations. Hit Juanma first and more than Juanma would hit him. This is his opportunity of a lifetime.

PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2010 12:37 am 
Cruiserweight

If you compare the 2 boxers, I don't see any area where Abe has an advantage over Juanma. If I judge everything based on Abe's most recent performance, his only hope is a lucky punch : (

I want Abe to win though, but I'm not that optimistic. Good luck Abe!

PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2010 1:01 am 
Heavyweight

NobodySpecial wrote:
I don't want to hear excuses like
Concepcion is not ready
Concepcion needs experience
Concepcion gas was not enough

The truth is, Concepcion is a class B boxer.

whatever, noob.

PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2010 1:06 am 
Welterweight

aljas wrote:
p0g1t0 wrote:
aljas wrote:
if concepcion not ready now, he will never gonna be ready. you all guys need to learn your lesson from Pac. people back then thinks he's too small even for lightweight. some people even laugh at the thought Pac fighting for welterweight.damn, who would have thought Pac's even gonna be a welterweight champ. give concepcion a chance. :D

true that but the difference is pacman throws lots of punches, while abe doesn't let his hands go. panay porma, thinking he could knock the other guy out with a single punch

truth is nobody knows Pac's capability at that time.when he fought Diaz, some says it's gonna be a repeat of Elorde-Ortiz. you never know what concepcion can bring out this particular fight. :D

not really bro,pacman was favored to win that fight against diaz. Abe is ahuge underdog against lopez.

PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2010 1:10 am 
Middleweight

aljas wrote:
p0g1t0 wrote:
aljas wrote:
if concepcion not ready now, he will never gonna be ready. you all guys need to learn your lesson from Pac. people back then thinks he's too small even for lightweight. some people even laugh at the thought Pac fighting for welterweight.damn, who would have thought Pac's even gonna be a welterweight champ. give concepcion a chance. :D

true that but the difference is pacman throws lots of punches, while abe doesn't let his hands go. panay porma, thinking he could knock the other guy out with a single punch

truth is nobody knows Pac's capability at that time.when he fought Diaz, some says it's gonna be a repeat of Elorde-Ortiz. you never know what concepcion can bring out this particular fight. :D

So, are you gonna bet? You bet for Abe, and I'll bet for JuanMa. OK? :biglaugh:
The thing is, why bring your boxer on the table hoping for a miracle to happen EVEN before the fight?

PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2010 1:44 am 
Middleweight

Abe will win, I see one big reason why he will win.....

PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2010 4:29 am 
Cruiserweight

Gil P. Acosta wrote:
I really don't believe 2 or 3 fights or a dozen fights before he fights Juan Ma will matter. Concepcion is not a smart fighter. I will even go to the extent saying he is dumb. When an opponent presses him and corners him, he doesn't know what to do anymore. Yes, he is a big puncher, but he doesn't know how to use it. Remember when he fought the champion, he did not capitalize on his power, instead he kept on waiting. Walang alam si concepcion. Kahit na ilang laban pa, he won't be able to beat Juan Ma. May katangahan si Bernabe.

well.. I did observe the same thing with Abe.. But I don't think it's because he's dumb or stupid... I think it's mainly because he doesn't have enough GUTS. He's more like a coward than dumb to me. I don't know if you guys have been to fights yourself, but I can tell you one thing, IF YOU'RE TOO SCARED TO GET HURT, YOU WILL LOSE YOUR WITS WHEN YOUR OPPONENT STEPS UP THE PRESSURE. When Abe watches the tapes of his fights, I bet he'll know where he went wrong. It's just that he couldn't implement his game plan because FEAR gets in his way. He just doesn't have the conviction to do what he must...

This is the reason why Pac works really well with Roach. Roach is very good when it comes to strategy, and Pac has all the guts needed to implement them. Similarly, this is also the reason why Floyd's defense is so tough. He has all the confidence he needs to use every bit of his wits when fighting.

IMHO, a person can practice all he wants, and study everything about fighting and learn a lot of things about it. But as long as you can't face you're fear of pain, you will never be able to go a step higher... :)

PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2010 4:37 am 
Cruiserweight

jackhammer wrote:
Abe will win, I see one big reason why he will win.....

because he's Filipino? :D

PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2010 6:08 am 
Lightweight

Asa pa kau Abe is not a world class fighter so he will never be ready to fight an elite world champions :lol:

PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2010 7:35 am 
Light Heavyweight

concepcion will get his a$$ kicked.........

punchers chance will be a NO factor.......... he gets ktFo..........

PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2010 7:52 am 
Featherweight

Two or three more fights before juanma will not help a lot to prepare concepcion. the skill level of both is the big difference. It's better to take that chance now than wait after three more fights because the result would be the same. Concepcions style will not change after three fights so why pass the chance? Abe need a lot to win against juanma, stamina is one and he can improve on this. but what he really need is a lot of prayers, and the good old lucky punch.

PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2010 8:57 am 
Cruiserweight

fil79 wrote:
Bernabe needs to step up his game if he ever wants to stand a chance in beating Juan Ma IMHO.

Step up his game and prove us wrong!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 177 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next