Pacland's Philippine Boxing Forum

Discussion on boxing and other sports, Filipino greats and anything under the sun.
It is currently Tue Oct 22, 2019 9:49 pm

All times are UTC + 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 107 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2010 9:33 am 

mikezobel wrote:
DaBizz wrote:

Well they all hit their opponent's chin, but not all can KO their opponents coz not all boxers are gifted with power. My point is hitting Juan Ma on the chin is not the blueprint in beating him. :D

it's one of them. 8)

Now we're talking of more blueprints then. Wanna add some more? :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2010 9:36 am 
Featherweight

It was indeed a good fight, but Abe is just a brawler, he dont have the chance with JuanMa in a long boxing fight. He have to know how to provide defense, he is so stationary, a steady target for anybody who can box.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2010 9:39 am 
Heavyweight

DaBizz wrote:
mikezobel wrote:
DaBizz wrote:

So we are in agreement that Juan Ma's chin is not glass, but fiberglass. All cool! :D

no...i agreed with those facts that juanma koed abe and pac have been koed by torreocampo...
but i still believe that juanman's chin is a suspect because he was saved by the bell after he got decked in the first round and was able to recover because of the break. 8)

Your thread title doesn't say that Juan ma's chin is suspect though. You do believe that he has a "glass chin" because he went down from a punch that he never saw coming. He also got up at the count of 3 I believe, and yet you're saying that he has a glass chin. Don't you think you should change your thread title from "glass" to "suspect"? Just a suggestion. :D

yup..i still believe he have a glass chin...that's my opinion...we'll see in his next fights with a more caliber fighters if i can be proven wrong...i still believed that he was saved by the bell....that he was able to recover in between breaks...

suspect, glass is in the same roam as weak...just semantics....but my opinion still stands he have a glass chin and he was exposed unless i was proven wrong....no need to change my title cause i am entitled to my opinion (pun intended) hehehe. 8)

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2010 9:40 am 
Heavyweight

DaBizz wrote:
mikezobel wrote:
DaBizz wrote:

Well they all hit their opponent's chin, but not all can KO their opponents coz not all boxers are gifted with power. My point is hitting Juan Ma on the chin is not the blueprint in beating him. :D

it's one of them. 8)

Now we're talking of more blueprints then. Wanna add some more? :lol:

not really...but you can if you want to. :D

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2010 9:44 am 
Bantamweight

Well they all hit their opponent's chin, but not all can KO their opponents coz not all boxers are gifted with power. My point is hitting Juan Ma on the chin is not the blueprint in beating him. :D[/quote]

:lol: I've never seen anyone's face as oiled up as juanma's that night. Even if bernabe could hit him on the chin, the punch would probably just slide right off haha. Bernabe knocked him down with a shot near or around his temple area. Maybe there was less Vaseline there. :D

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2010 10:06 am 
Lightweight

lucky for juanma he was hit by slapped type of punch and saved by the bell . It was not the full fist that hit him on the chin. Thats one hell of a fight. We cant question juanma's ability to recover from a KD. Congrat's to juanma. To abe, he should learn how to move his head and use his footwork

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2010 10:36 am 
Heavyweight

JuanMa could have a glass or granite chin,
But he was not hit there, Abe's left hook clearly landed on JML's right jaw,
It's the reason why he guickly rose up and the thought that the whole Puerto
Rico was watching him, indeed it was pride and heart that gave him the strength,
But it was obvious he had a worried face while going to his corner,he was hurt.
Abe went for the kill in the last few seconds but the bell saved JML.
It was not a lucky punch also, i noticed Abe was pacingly looking at JML while
being bombarded with punches that all didn't land.Then he threw that left hook.
If it was a left upper cut to the chin Abe unleashed, i believe JML would have
stayed on the canvass longer and will be wobbly starting the 2nd round.
Abe was clearly beaten by a much superior opponent, a future HOF contender,
When this fight was announced, we knew that Abe will be a long shot,
That his only chance was his power, no more no less.But why he had the guts to face JML?
It's what we call shooting for glory besides of course the prize money.
Abe lost but why these too much comments? It shows many of us hoped and believed
in his caliber as a fighter although he still lacks the many fundamentals of a great pugilist.
That second round proved it, he has the power and heart but that's all.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2010 11:28 am 
Middleweight

mikezobel wrote:
he was just saved by the bell on that first round knocked down. 8)

Glass chin? Then how would you call Abe's chin? Paper chin? :biglaugh:

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2010 11:53 am 
NobodySpecial wrote:
mikezobel wrote:

it has exposed actually the vulnerability of Juanma's Chin... But that doesn't mean he has a glass chin.

Part of strategy to defeat Juanma is to take time as he fades as the rounds go on, pack him with several body shots for him to gasp air and loose focus as what happened on his previous fight with Mtagwa which ended into a Majority Decision in favor on him...

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2010 12:44 pm 
Lightweight

actually if you will watch the fight again. The punch is like a slap. You will see the punch of Abe hit the right shoulder of Juanma before hitting the jaw. So the impact is not that destructive but it is enough to KD Juanma. Like what i've said, if that is a full fisted it will be a different story. But still we can't question the ability of Juanma to recover from that KD and he is well conditioned.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2010 2:26 pm 
Heavyweight

NobodySpecial wrote:
mikezobel wrote:

abe fell after like 6-7 solid shots and absorbed more after he was decked and gave a short left to juanma when abe was already groggy....juanma got knocked down and it wasn't even a solid hit and was saved by the bell. 8)

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2010 2:31 pm 
Heavyweight

airheads0316 wrote:
actually if you will watch the fight again. The punch is like a slap. You will see the punch of Abe hit the right shoulder of Juanma before hitting the jaw. So the impact is not that destructive but it is enough to KD Juanma. Like what i've said, if that is a full fisted it will be a different story. But still we can't question the ability of Juanma to recover from that KD and he is well conditioned.

that's what makes me question juanma's chin...cause we all saw it wasn't really even a solid hit by abe but he came down just like that....that just surprised me. 8)

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2010 3:41 pm 
Heavyweight

DaBizz wrote:
WOW! :shock:

We have experts here talking about a blueprint by Abe in beating Juan Ma! Pacland at it's best! :lol:

off topic: have you seen your buddies pac guevarra and hugo bossing lately, carnal? ;)

on topic: the blueprint is there, get bombarded by juanma, lure him into a false sense of security, then close your eyes and throw a hailmary, but make sure you have still time left to finish him off... :biglaugh:

PACLAND: where pacquiao fans around the world congregate.

To talk about floyd! LMFAO!!!!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2010 3:48 pm 
Heavyweight

fell from a weak punch. 8)

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2010 5:00 pm 
Heavyweight

Quote:
Your thread title doesn't say that Juan ma's chin is suspect though. You do believe that he has a "glass chin" because he went down from a punch that he never saw coming. He also got up at the count of 3 I believe, and yet you're saying that he has a glass chin. Don't you think you should change your thread title from "glass" to "suspect"? Just a suggestion. :D

You wanna see a glass JAW ( I've never heard of glass chin until the TS started this thread ) see Roger Mayweather's fights. :lol:
I think we can count Boom Boom as a glass-jawed boxer now too.
Juan Ma was more surprised than hurt I think.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 107 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next