Pacland's Philippine Boxing Forum

Discussion on boxing and other sports, Filipino greats and anything under the sun.
It is currently Fri Oct 18, 2019 5:55 pm

All times are UTC + 8 hours

PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2010 11:57 am 
Middleweight

when it comes to fighting in the biggest stage,we can say that we only have two fighters that we can really depend on.whatever skills ,power and speed they bring it goes down who has the biggest heart.and i think its only pacquiao and donaire who has this trait.maybe we can throw donnie nietes in the mix for defending his title twice in mexico and still keeping his honor and belt in the end.the only problem with nietes is the division hes into.nobody really cares about the minimumweight division and in a few months he will be going back to mexico to again defend his title.this shows the lack of respect for this dimunitive champion.eventually the law of gravity will set in for nietes.defending your title in the enemy's territory is the hardest feat to do wherein you have to knockout your opponent or really beat him to a pulp and still you are not sure if the decision goes in your way.these trio have the biggest heart in boxing.they will not succumb to defeat and adversity.donaire despite having a small opponent in tyson marquez showed everybody how he can take punches and demolish a gritty opponent.we all know how pacquiao handle his business inside the ring.its not yet too late for our fallen heroes in concepcion,bautista,banal,viloria and many more.i still believe in them .time will tell if they fulfill their promise.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2010 12:13 pm 
Light Heavyweight

There's a Hundred of counties all over the world, Even when we have a small country we still represents 2 out of 10 in thetop 10 P4p list today. WE're blessed!!

PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2010 12:17 pm 
Welterweight

every country can say that that we have this and we have that..so its fair

PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2010 12:24 pm 
Cruiserweight

Yeah we only have pacquiao and donaire!!!

And we have one concepcion, one sonsona, one villoria, one etc. :lol: :lol: :lol:

DREAM!! BELIEVE!! AND!! MULTIPLY!! OH YEAH!! XD

PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2010 12:26 pm 
Heavyweight

Come on guys! Are u really surprised Abe lost????? Come on u should follow boxing more. He had no chance

but the TS is right . Donaire and PAC continue to do us proud

PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2010 12:27 pm 
Welterweight

I think it's about time that we take our eyes away from our boxers and scrutinize the managers. This has clearly been another bad management decision. We have young kids. Not everyone is a Manny Pacquiao. Face it. let the pugs mature in the ring and develop before gunning for the PPV champs.

Francisco and the more recent Dapudong, say goodbye to your careers and better start planning for your early boxing retirement. It's a trend that the managers themselves doesn't seem to care about.

Whose fault is it, really? chalked a line for yet another ruined prospect. Bravo!

PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2010 12:29 pm 
Heavyweight

For now we may have Pac and Nonito but we have the best 2 boxers in the world today .
Even they gather all there champions together, still they are no match in terms of greatness
of our 2 champs 8)

PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2010 12:31 pm 
Flyweight

I think AJ Banal has the goods to be great IF he has proper training and nutrition. It seems to me like a lot of our young Pinoy boxers are susceptible to getting knocked out on body shots. I think it has something to do with trouble making weight before the fight. Just my opinion.
I believe that if Banal works with a good camp, a good trainer, he can be world class.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2010 12:36 pm 
Bantamweight

ambrocio wrote:
I think it's about time that we take our eyes away from our boxers and scrutinize the managers. This has clearly been another bad management decision. We have young kids. Not everyone is a Manny Pacquiao. Face it. let the pugs mature in the ring and develop before gunning for the PPV champs.

Francisco and the more recent Dapudong, say goodbye to your careers and better start planning for your early boxing retirement. It's a trend that the managers themselves doesn't seem to care about.

Whose fault is it, really? chalked a line for yet another ruined prospect. Bravo!

I agree with your statement, but this is a good test for bernabe. With this loss, this will test to see if he truly is "the real deal" or someone who will just give up ( rey boom boom bautista announced he was gonna retire after his first knockout loss) Just hopefully he trains harder & smarter next time, cause seriously he needs to stop relying on his 1 punch power. The punch that knocked lopez down was the one he didn't see. bernabe was never gonna knock lopez down with those telegraphed right hands.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2010 12:38 pm 
Light Heavyweight

PacDbest wrote:
There's a Hundred of counties all over the world, Even when we have a small country we still represents 2 out of 10 in thetop 10 P4p list today. WE're blessed!!

I LIKE YOUR ATTITUDE AND THE WAY YOU THINK BRO.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2010 12:39 pm 
Cruiserweight

concepcion must have forgot that lopez is a knockout artist. he should have keep his distance safe to setup his jab rather than to make exchange.instead he looks for exchange of punches.

plus ABE's fighting stance is so poor IMO, look at lopez stance, it's difficult to hit plus the angle,i'm not saying this because he's a southpaw.maganda lang talaga yung basic foundation ni lopez as a boxer. if abe played his own stance/technique smart. he's power is enough to compete or even ko lopez in the later round. sayang talaga.

and most importantly, ABE's speed is so slow.madaling huliin kahit hindi pa na-knockdown. paano pa kaya pag-na-knockdown na?

PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2010 12:41 pm 
Flyweight

we still have many good boxers...
hnd p hule ang lahat kay abe may natatalo may nananalo ganyan talaga ang boxing...

PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2010 12:42 pm 
Bantamweight

I gotta give it up to Puerto Ricans, they truly are gifted. They have about.. 3,982,000 on their small island. But they produce champion boxers from such a small population.

Compare the Philippines which is over populated with 94,013,200 people.. big difference huh?

PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2010 12:43 pm 
Welterweight

but still 4 loss at the age of 22 is a bad record whew..

PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2010 12:45 pm 
Cruiserweight

TheSubversive wrote:
Come on guys! Are u really surprised Abe lost????? Come on u should follow boxing more. He had no chance

but the TS is right . Donaire and PAC continue to do us proud

spot on. i never really expected abe to win this one. he only has puncher's chance of beating juanma. if you're really following the careers of both fighters, you know what i mean.