Pacland's Philippine Boxing Forum

Discussion on boxing and other sports, Filipino greats and anything under the sun.
It is currently Mon Oct 14, 2019 9:48 am

All times are UTC + 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 50 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2010 12:45 pm 
Cruiserweight

Blaster08 wrote:
concepcion must have forgot that lopez is a knockout artist. he should have keep his distance safe to setup his jab rather than to make exchange.instead he looks for exchange of punches.

plus ABE's fighting stance is so poor IMO, look at lopez stance, it's difficult to hit plus the angle,i'm not saying this because he's a southpaw.maganda lang talaga yung basic foundation ni lopez as a boxer. if abe played his own stance/technique smart. he's power is enough to compete or even ko lopez in the later round. sayang talaga.

and most importantly, ABE's speed is so slow.madaling huliin kahit hindi pa na-knockdown. paano pa kaya pag-na-knockdown na?

to sum it all up, they were poorly prepared. i wasn't expecting abe to score an upset but at least he could have lasted and made it more competitive.

Last edited by leftstraight on Sun Jul 11, 2010 12:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2010 12:46 pm 
Lightweight

pacfan8 wrote:
PacDbest wrote:
There's a Hundred of counties all over the world, Even when we have a small country we still represents 2 out of 10 in thetop 10 P4p list today. WE're blessed!!

I LIKE YOUR ATTITUDE AND THE WAY YOU THINK BRO.

+1

PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2010 12:51 pm 
Cruiserweight

heyman1 wrote:
I gotta give it up to Puerto Ricans, they truly are gifted. They have about.. 3,982,000 on their small island. But they produce champion boxers from such a small population.

Compare the Philippines which is over populated with 94,013,200 people.. big difference huh?

i wouldn't want to think that the puerto ricans are more gifted. i think it has more to do w/ poor handling and training/coaching on our part.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2010 12:58 pm 
Welterweight

heyman1 wrote:
ambrocio wrote:
I think it's about time that we take our eyes away from our boxers and scrutinize the managers. This has clearly been another bad management decision. We have young kids. Not everyone is a Manny Pacquiao. Face it. let the pugs mature in the ring and develop before gunning for the PPV champs.

Francisco and the more recent Dapudong, say goodbye to your careers and better start planning for your early boxing retirement. It's a trend that the managers themselves doesn't seem to care about.

Whose fault is it, really? chalked a line for yet another ruined prospect. Bravo!

I agree with your statement, but this is a good test for bernabe. With this loss, this will test to see if he truly is "the real deal" or someone who will just give up ( rey boom boom bautista announced he was gonna retire after his first knockout loss) Just hopefully he trains harder & smarter next time, cause seriously he needs to stop relying on his 1 punch power. The punch that knocked lopez down was the one he didn't see. bernabe was never gonna knock lopez down with those telegraphed right hands.

Obviously, we have no local trainer who can deliver. But I do like the Peñalosa Bros and the way they're doing it right now teamed up with the Americans. then ALA? Goodness. They have nice pugs. really, I bet the largest lerger of prospects is theirs. Bautista is a BUM. accept it. Banal needs to change his training team. and the list goes on. ALA sucks. Nietes, well, he's a title-holder that's how we call him.

Viloria is clearly not one to put our hopes on. He's just working his daily bread. And merits the same amount of respect due for any working man but nothing more.

then we're left with donaire and pac. But there's gonna be another one, if only they'd be managed like they actually have boxing careers.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2010 12:58 pm 
Light Heavyweight

abe was really just a tune-up for juanma. he tries to emulate manny's style, but he doesn't have the tools to pull it off, i.e. speed, explosiveness, punching power, punch resistance, lateral movement. he should start learning a simpler fighting stlye that would highlight his strengths.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2010 1:01 pm 
Bantamweight

leftstraight wrote:
heyman1 wrote:
I gotta give it up to Puerto Ricans, they truly are gifted. They have about.. 3,982,000 on their small island. But they produce champion boxers from such a small population.

Compare the Philippines which is over populated with 94,013,200 people.. big difference huh?

i wouldn't want to think that the puerto ricans are more gifted. i think it has more to do w/ poor handling and training/coaching on our part.

I never said they were more gifted... But you have to give credit, where credit is due. And what if they are more gifted in boxing? What's the big deal? :lol:

PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2010 1:04 pm 
Light Heavyweight

That's why they both belong to top 5 P4P fighters today.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2010 1:17 pm 
Welterweight

It's all about who wants the win more. Add on top of the heart, determination, skill, and conditioning. Don't forget studying the opponent and having a game plan is important. As they say, to become a champion one must perform like a champion.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2010 1:27 pm 
Cruiserweight

Don't forget Manny's heir apparent: Brian Viloria.

The greatest Fil-Am amauteur and professional boxer of all time.

Getting ready for world title # 3.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2010 1:28 pm 
Heavyweight

we should be proud of...

before very few filipino boxers are exposed on this kind of bout... NOW, we have a lot of filipino fighting everywhere in the world...

win or loss, filipino boxer are giving much opportunity than thais, japanese or any otehr asian countries...

let's face it... we are now one of the brightest country that can produce top caliber boxers...

PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2010 1:45 pm 
Middleweight

PacDbest wrote:
There's a Hundred of counties all over the world, Even when we have a small country we still represents 2 out of 10 in thetop 10 P4p list today. WE're blessed!!

i think your right,we have two on the top 10 pound for pound ranking 1st and 4th place.not bad at all.mexico has only one representative in juanma marquez.puerto rico has miguel cotto.thailand,japan and indonesia have none.and these are powerhouse countries when it comes to boxing.we are really blessed!!! i just hope our fallen countrymen can bounce back from their defeat.if they could just emulate the pacman who got some setbacks earlier on his career.we dont expect another pacman phenomenon but just to represent our country very well.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2010 7:24 pm 
Heavyweight

one-inch punch wrote:
pacfan8 wrote:
PacDbest wrote:

I LIKE YOUR ATTITUDE AND THE WAY YOU THINK BRO.

+1

+2

PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2010 10:00 pm 
Heavyweight

Yeah, the TS is right. Other boxers just go out there to have fun, no guts to go for a win. :D

PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2010 10:09 pm 
Heavyweight

mersey_side wrote:
Yeah, the TS is right. Other boxers just go out there to have fun, no guts to go for a win. :D

When is see Abe fight Juanma, I see his determination and will to win..but sadly, I can't see his good defences and footwork out there. what happen to him? :(

PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2010 10:39 pm 
Welterweight

At least he caught Juan Ma with a nice left. He just need to train more, more and more.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 50 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next