Pacland's Philippine Boxing Forum

Discussion on boxing and other sports, Filipino greats and anything under the sun.
It is currently Mon Aug 19, 2019 2:21 pm

All times are UTC + 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 92 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next
PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2010 2:49 pm 
Welterweight

I don't know about you guys, but IMO,juanma would be be too fast for Concepcion.With his recent showing against santiago,though he won this one unanimously,Bernabe concepcion showed flaws in his technique.He jabs less to set-up his powerful right.He fights as if he is always looking for a knockout.He cocks up before he throws just like ricky hatton,thus making him predictable,and mostly is a headhunter.He should also work more on his combinations and throw a lot more punches(he was way behind Santiago in the number of punches thrown per round). Some of his puches are wayward and wide mostly hooks,rather than sharp snappy straights.Abe was decent in the counterpuching and defense department.If he wants to win against juanma,he should at least try to win on points and not always look for a knockout.Good showing against santiago than his previous fight against leuvano,but I honestly think he's not yet ready for a technical fighter like Juanma.Too slick and powerful. Let's just hope he catches juanma with a lucky punch.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2010 2:56 pm 
Heavyweight

Juan Ma Lopez was almost kayoed in the final round by Rogers Mtagwa when Juan Ma run out of steam.

Juan Ma has stamina issues. and that's the way to defeat him - by pushing him to the limits.

But then Bernabe has stamina issues too.

:lol:

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2010 3:03 pm 
Welterweight

Barabarabay wrote:
Juan Ma Lopez was almost kayoed in the final round by Rogers Mtagwa when Juan Ma run out of steam.

Juan Ma has stamina issues. and that's the way to defeat him - by pushing him to the limits.

You're right bro, thats my observation too. He got so many successive shot and headshots on the last round. He was leaning on the rope because he starts to weakened and running out of steam.

Abe will struggle very hard against bigger Juanma.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2010 3:18 pm 
Light Heavyweight

I doubt it

Unless JuanMa will bring knife and gun.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2010 3:21 pm 
Welterweight

If the fight with Santiago was a 12 rounder, Abe might have lost by knockout considering the late rally shown by santiago. Anyway,congrats to Abe for his huge heart in that fight.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2010 3:23 pm 
Welterweight

goldunderfire wrote:
I doubt it

Unless JuanMa will bring knife and gun.

LOL!!! smart-aleck

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2010 3:24 pm 
Cruiserweight

yeah i think he would get knocked out when they fight.
this isn't related but why does he hit after the bell still? wtf? it looks like he has a hearing problem

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2010 3:26 pm 
Light Heavyweight

mucho wrote:
I don't know about you guys, but IMO,juanma would be be too fast for Concepcion.With his recent showing against santiago,though he won this one unanimously,Bernabe concepcion showed flaws in his technique.He jabs less to set-up his powerful right.He fights as if he is always looking for a knockout.He cocks up before he throws just like ricky hatton,thus making him predictable,and mostly is a headhunter.He should also work more on his combinations and throw a lot more punches(he was way behind Santiago in the number of punches thrown per round). Some of his puches are wayward and wide mostly hooks,rather than sharp snappy straights.Abe was decent in the counterpuching and defense department.If he wants to win against juanma,he should at least try to win on points and not always look for a knockout.Good showing against santiago than his previous fight against leuvano,but I honestly think he's not yet ready for a technical fighter like Juanma.Too slick and powerful. Let's just hope he catches juanma with a lucky punch.

your opinion is most welcome bro.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2010 3:39 pm 
Light Heavyweight

If Concepcion has the power to hurt JuanMa then it will be a good fight.

If it goes pass 6 rounds, then it will a toss up for both and it will be a heck of a fight.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2010 3:43 pm 
Welterweight

Barabarabay wrote:

juanma has problem making 122, at 126 Juanma will overwhelm then ktfo Abe IMO. Abe doesnt like body shot. But im rooting for abe.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2010 3:50 pm 
Light Heavyweight

there's a lot to improve on Abe, he should start training very early..
and he needs quality sparmates.. Abe has a punchers chance, but a
very small at that.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2010 4:00 pm 
Welterweight

goldunderfire wrote:
If Concepcion has the power to hurt JuanMa then it will be a good fight.

If it goes pass 6 rounds, then it will a toss up for both and it will be a heck of a fight.

I agree bro.thanks superfly. Freddie Roach and Manny Pacquiao should directly handle Abe's training before his showdown with juanma. Manny knows how big this break is for his protege. No offense to nonoy neri and buboy fernandez but Roach,on the otherhand, knows juanma too well as he handled jerry penalosa's fight with the former.Abe should also avoid exchanging towards the end of the round.He might blow this chance by again being disqualified.kelangan huwag sya barabra.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2010 4:28 pm 
Heavyweight

The best form and skills I saw in Abe was when he fought Gabriel Elizondo. Now he has gone to worst. His punches are wayward and not very strong coz his footing is not grounded firmly on the ground. So much power and energy is wasted because hi fought from a distance. he merely reaches his opponents head. He should fight his fight and not that of his opponent. he is very much at target range of his opponent while he on the otherhand still has to reach out to hit. He should take more risk and fight inside using combinations and short but strong punches. Lastly he has to work more on his body's durability. He will surely lose to Juanma if they fight now.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2010 4:35 pm 
Cruiserweight

yep. juanma too good for abe.

juanma > luevano > abe. simple math.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2010 4:50 pm 
Lightweight

Abe Conception is a MEDIOCRE fighter with a capital M. Sure he's big, aggressive, and young but that's it. There's nothing special about him. He still fights the bara-bara (anything goes) way without any regard for defense, lacks hand-eye coordination, decent footwork, and his power is overrated. If I can describe him in 1 sentence, it'll go something like this: "Bernabe Concepcion is a VERY, VERY, VERY POOR man's version of Yuriorkis Gamboa without the blinding speed and the bone-crushing power."

Pitting him against Juanma will prove to be a very big mistake, a suicide mission if you will. Lopez is too fast, too smart, too powerful, and simply too good for him. I say get him a trainer who will do a complete overhaul on him. His partnership with Roach doesn't seem to be working.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 92 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next