Pacland's Philippine Boxing Forum

Discussion on boxing and other sports, Filipino greats and anything under the sun.
It is currently Thu Jul 18, 2019 12:53 am

All times are UTC + 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 62 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2010 9:18 am 
Heavyweight

ulokai wrote:
Somebody has to take responsibility with the loss. I believe Buboy is the biggest factor. Don't get me wrong, no crabbie issue here, but at work, somebody has to take responsibility when something goes wrong.

1. Buboy will never know what its like to be a boxer from a boxer's perspective. Sadly this is one experience he will never be able to impart to a student if he pushes through with his trainer career. Experience wise, he is not ready yet with this level of competition.

2. As a Chief cornerman, He should have started from the bottom. Just because he had Pac, it doesn't mean he can be a good trainer to other boxers as well. He should have started his training career in the amateur ranks first. Although he has been around as an assistant, I think he still doesn't have it as a chief coach... as assistant trainer maybe... but not a coach. The other reason I can think of why he may not choose to start at the bottom is most likely the pay out. If one is used to getting huge cash every other fight, it will definitely be hard to accept a responsibility at a measly income.

3. Abe had a bad corner that night. Just take a look at the case with pac-cotto. Joe santiago was not the right man to be in cotto's corner as he faced elite pac. Recently we saw the same cotto with steward and saw some improvements right away. Looking at Abe's previous fights and his fight with Juanma, you would be shocked at the difference of his fight style. A fighter will follow his coach's strategy, that's what the coach is there for. Bad Coaching - Bad performance.

4. If Buboy does not realize his mistake here and correct himself, then he's gonna be trekking a career of bad fights, where his victim will be upcoming pinoy aspirants, unless he finds another pac.

Agree.. :)
Buboy should be blamed.. :(
Instead of seeing an improved Abe as the fight is a championship fight, we saw the opposite.
He came in there with the heart..but he has no gameplan whatsoever.. :(

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2010 9:55 am 
Heavyweight

ulokai wrote:
Somebody has to take responsibility with the loss. I believe Buboy is the biggest factor. Don't get me wrong, no crabbie issue here, but at work, somebody has to take responsibility when something goes wrong.

1. Buboy will never know what its like to be a boxer from a boxer's perspective. Sadly this is one experience he will never be able to impart to a student if he pushes through with his trainer career. Experience wise, he is not ready yet with this level of competition.

2. As a Chief cornerman, He should have started from the bottom. Just because he had Pac, it doesn't mean he can be a good trainer to other boxers as well. He should have started his training career in the amateur ranks first. Although he has been around as an assistant, I think he still doesn't have it as a chief coach... as assistant trainer maybe... but not a coach. The other reason I can think of why he may not choose to start at the bottom is most likely the pay out. If one is used to getting huge cash every other fight, it will definitely be hard to accept a responsibility at a measly income.

3. Abe had a bad corner that night. Just take a look at the case with pac-cotto. Joe santiago was not the right man to be in cotto's corner as he faced elite pac. Recently we saw the same cotto with steward and saw some improvements right away. Looking at Abe's previous fights and his fight with Juanma, you would be shocked at the difference of his fight style. A fighter will follow his coach's strategy, that's what the coach is there for. Bad Coaching - Bad performance.

4. If Buboy does not realize his mistake here and correct himself, then he's gonna be trekking a career of bad fights, where his victim will be upcoming pinoy aspirants, unless he finds another pac.

No one to blame but Juan Ma fist.

HE is too good, too strong for Concepcion. They fight 10 times Juan Ma will still beat him.

He is a great champions.There's nothing Bobuy could do.Juan Ma will land eventually on

Concepcion chin and it's over. Concepcion is good but accept ther fact he can't beat LOPEZ.

Not many can he is undefeated. You can only hope he is not on his game. That night Lopez

was on his game.There's no way concepcion could do anything about it he is not

in the same league.People need to accept it. There's not many fighters as Pac or Lopez these

Fighters are just gifted atheletes.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2010 10:11 am 
Lightweight

One of our country's worst hehehe :lol:

Don't blame the trainers... FR gave up on him in the first place. Let's go look for another better fighter.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2010 10:34 am 
Flyweight

like what i've said before Abe won't last beyond five rounds.
he doesn't have the chance against top caliber fighter.
HE IS NOT IN THE LEAGUE OF JML...

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2010 11:21 am 
Heavyweight

Gil P. Acosta wrote:
Abe always got caught by a left straight. I believe he lacks sparring against southpaws. Hindi niya mailagan ang left straight. And I believe he has a weak chin. If only he had a stronger chin, he could have knocked Lopez out sinceevery time he landed on the body, Juan Ma felt them. So early in the fight, Juan Ma was clearly weakening but sadly, he got caught again by a left straight which I thought was not that strong. Sayang

Someone told him to use his head so he blocked Juanma's punches with his head. KO tuloy :(

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2010 11:39 am 
Heavyweight

freewheeze wrote:
i think all those who are whining until now should blame themselves.

you expected too much of abe winning over juanma.

there was a valid reason why abe was an underdog...

we all knew abe had a tough hill to climb in the first place.

let's all move on. 8)

bump ko lang. 8)

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2010 11:48 am 
His stationary, flat-footed, no head movements, not in timing, slow and disturb. In short, he entered the fight as if he's an amateur! Why? What happened? tsk tsk tsk.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2010 12:08 pm 
Middleweight

blame juanma... :lol: :lol: :lol:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=zkTUjMYfB5Y&feature=fvsr

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2010 5:17 pm 
Heavyweight

freewheeze wrote:
CPK-MB wrote:
Gerry Penalosa was a super flyweight and move up to fight Juan Ma...
But Gerry never kissed the canvas even once...

Abe is a natural featherweight while Juan Ma was the one moving in weight...
But how come Abe easily stagers everytime he was hit by any punches that Juanma throws...

Clearly, Abe is ill-prepared in this fight...!!!

abe staggered on every punch juanma landed coz he had no defense, no head movement,zero footwork,and he had no jab at all.

abe was basically walking into juanma's straights and hooks.

i think abe was in the best shape of his life, he had the power and the reflexes but he was ILL EQUIPPED as far as boxing skills is concerned.

it's back to the drawing board.

Alex Ariza said Bernabe Concepcion wouldn't want to wake up at 5am to do his early morning roadwork...

Now...do you still think that Abe was in the best shape of his life in that fight against JuanMa..???

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2010 5:21 pm 
Heavyweight

Emmanuel53 wrote:
CPK-MB wrote:

But how come Abe easily stagers everytime he was hit by any punches that Juanma throws...

Gerry either slipped the punches, rolled with them, or partially deflected the blows with his gloves. In that fight, Juanma got flustered
so he switched his attack to Penalosa's body before going headhunting again.
Abe was wide open and MET the punches head on so he got tagged flush every time.

Have you seen the actual fight between Gerry vs JuanMa...??

Gerry took the best shot that JuanMa has to offer and he never flinched...!!!

The only problem was that Gerry was taking so many blows and he was just too slow to give one in return,

that's why Coach Freddie decided to stop the fight!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2010 10:18 pm 
Light Heavyweight

CPK-MB wrote:
freewheeze wrote:
CPK-MB wrote:

abe staggered on every punch juanma landed coz he had no defense, no head movement,zero footwork,and he had no jab at all.

abe was basically walking into juanma's straights and hooks.

i think abe was in the best shape of his life, he had the power and the reflexes but he was ILL EQUIPPED as far as boxing skills is concerned.

it's back to the drawing board.

Alex Ariza said Bernabe Concepcion wouldn't want to wake up at 5am to do his early morning roadwork...

Now...do you still think that Abe was in the best shape of his life in that fight against JuanMa..???

aba! malaki na naturally ang ulo niya, lumaki pa lalo pala!
:lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2010 10:30 pm 
Cruiserweight

murutok wrote:
blame the trainer, buboy fernandez. from the looks of it, concepcion is not really prepared strategy-wise for the lefty champion. almost all the left throws of lopez landed on concepcion's face. totally no defense, no jabs, no footworks. concepcion should have adapted pacquiao's training on the rubber tyre for good balance while maintaining the power on his punches as well on the defensive end.

i believe concepcion has the skills, although personally i think this is too early for him to fight the caliber of lopez. still, trainer's fault for wrong or lack of preparation & strategy.

i don't believe he has the tools to be a world class caliber fighter.. imo, he's not a thinking fighter.. its not all about skills (i believe he doesnt have it as well).. you should know the weakness and strength of your opponent in order to defeat him and that is through thinking..

besides, he lacks discipline in training according to ariza so what do you expect of him?

don't blame buboy.. i think theyve done their part... its just that concepcion don't have it to be a champion..

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2010 11:37 pm 
Light Heavyweight

archer wrote:
murutok wrote:
blame the trainer, buboy fernandez. from the looks of it, concepcion is not really prepared strategy-wise for the lefty champion. almost all the left throws of lopez landed on concepcion's face. totally no defense, no jabs, no footworks. concepcion should have adapted pacquiao's training on the rubber tyre for good balance while maintaining the power on his punches as well on the defensive end.

i believe concepcion has the skills, although personally i think this is too early for him to fight the caliber of lopez. still, trainer's fault for wrong or lack of preparation & strategy.

i don't believe he has the tools to be a world class caliber fighter.. imo, he's not a thinking fighter.. its not all about skills (i believe he doesnt have it as well).. you should know the weakness and strength of your opponent in order to defeat him and that is through thinking..

besides, he lacks discipline in training according to ariza so what do you expect of him?

don't blame buboy.. i think theyve done their part... its just that concepcion don't have it to be a champion..

only thing he has is power at may kapit kay pacquiao at sinasayang ang oportunidad.

pero kung ano ang wala siya, yan marami siya:
walang dedikasyon sa training.
tamad.
concentration sa near the fight wala!
not an intelligent fighter. biruin mo kung kelan dapat sumugod, di sumugod. kung kelan di dapat susugod, sumugod! daym! baliktad ang brain!
asa lang kasi konektado kay pacquiao.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 24, 2010 1:08 am 
Middleweight

Abe vs. Boom 2x is a good matchup. Where boxers don't think. Just punch straight. As if their corner said, "punch him and avoid his, and you will be the champ!". :biglaugh:

PostPosted: Sat Jul 24, 2010 2:15 am 
Cruiserweight

NobodySpecial wrote:
Abe vs. Boom 2x is a good matchup. Where boxers don't think. Just punch straight. As if their corner said, "punch him and avoid his, and you will be the champ!". :biglaugh:

The Real Deal vs. Bum Bum = The Real Bum

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 62 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next