Pacland's Philippine Boxing Forum

Discussion on boxing and other sports, Filipino greats and anything under the sun.
It is currently Fri Oct 18, 2019 2:59 pm

All times are UTC + 8 hours

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2010 9:30 pm 
Cruiserweight

Location: Bishan Park,katung naa ga cricket (waaa!), Singapore
if abe won, this thread wouldn't exist ...
and everybody would be jumping to abe's bandwagon ...

abe will be back ... hopefully pac won't abandon him and still support the guy

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2010 10:08 pm 
Middleweight

Sir_Ivan wrote:
NobodySpecial wrote:
Sir_Ivan wrote:
I don't understand why a fight with JuanMa was forced prematurely. Abe obviously needed more experience to develop his skills, let go of his very bad habits, and polish his ring smart abilities.

Even before the fight, I have already considered to myself JuanMa to be one of the elites based on his skills alone. Though JuanMa needs to polish more his judgment inside the ring when to be careful and when he should let it all out.

On the other hand, Abe for me is still like a booming prospect. The kid is not like others who can easily learn new trick over night. He needed time do the right things so he could do it like his second nature in his movements. That's the essence of training.

But fights like these destroys the future of great prospects like Boom-boom and Abe.

What a waste of great prospects in Philippine Boxing.

How old is Abe? And how long has he been as a pro???? Simply say Abe is a bum instead of making excuses. WT...

maybe you're right but yet maybe not. he maybe old enough as a pro but age should never be the basis whether or not he's ready for a much skilled opponent. like i said, not all boxers have the same ability to learn quick especially on tougher level of competitions when they got used winning against much lesser ones.

i don't believe in people saying this fighter is bum, or one dimensional, or has no skills, etc. most people say so because it is much easier for them to judge and discard somebody than to give the guy some credit and chance. Pacquaio was once like other fighters lacking in a lot of skills as many judged him but he kept proving them wrong. But the funny thing is, people like these never learn. They just judge people like it's some kind of hobby or something.

the reason why from the beginning Abe was pit against these fighters like Luevano and Lopez is because many people saw a potential in him. the same potential that i saw capable of becoming a true elite fighter. unfortunately, unlike Pacquiao, he has very little ability to put into play his training and tactics. in other words, like Pacquiao before, he's just raw talent with less heart. until he improves, most of us may say yes, he's a bum. but i wouldn't count on it.

the thing here is, he was put there against an opponent way much better than him. while he is not yet ready physically and mentally regardless how long he's been as a pro. the point is he still yet have developed that fighting skills and heart needed to at least have a fair fighting chance against the calibers of Lopez.

Lopez on the other hand is a good fighter I look forward to. But I must admit he still got a lot more things to learn especially how to be smarter in the ring even when the opponent is much lesser and in trouble. Lopez has always have the tendency to be overly too confident when he think he got the upper hand. this is his big weakness. but to ask whether he can fair well against the likes of Vazquez and Marquez... hell yeah! but i would suggest he better polish his fighting skills if he want to increase his chances of winning because what he has now is just a fair chance.

I have never seen a potential in Abe.
Lower weight classes retires earlier than the heavier weights. When would you want Abe to learn?

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2010 10:26 pm 
Diego2009 wrote:
I DIS-AGREE WITH THAT STYLE OF ABE, ABE IS JUST GONNA BE ANOTHER BUM FIGHTER THAT OUR PRODUCES.
THAT KIND OF STYLE WILL NEVER WIN ANY CHAMPIONSHIP, YEAH PERHAPS INSIDE OUR COUNTRY OR IN ASIA BUT
GOING TO THE WEST, IT'S NOT GONNA WORK OUT. SOP IT IS BETTER FOR ABE TO JUST PLANT KAMOTE IN HIS WINNING MONEY AND RETIRE IN THE BOXING. I SAW ALL HIS FIGHTS IN "PINOY POWER" HE BARELY MADE IT BECAUSE OF HIS LACK OF STAMINA. THAT WAS THE REASON WHY THEY BRAWLED BECAUSE THEY KNEW THAT ABE WILL NOT LAST UP TO 6 ROUNDS.

why post in capital and in huge font? aren't you angry? Mods please take good care of him.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2010 10:40 pm 
Heavyweight

Thousand Sunny wrote:
Diego2009 wrote:
I DIS-AGREE WITH THAT STYLE OF ABE, ABE IS JUST GONNA BE ANOTHER BUM FIGHTER THAT OUR PRODUCES.
THAT KIND OF STYLE WILL NEVER WIN ANY CHAMPIONSHIP, YEAH PERHAPS INSIDE OUR COUNTRY OR IN ASIA BUT
GOING TO THE WEST, IT'S NOT GONNA WORK OUT. SOP IT IS BETTER FOR ABE TO JUST PLANT KAMOTE IN HIS WINNING MONEY AND RETIRE IN THE BOXING. I SAW ALL HIS FIGHTS IN "PINOY POWER" HE BARELY MADE IT BECAUSE OF HIS LACK OF STAMINA. THAT WAS THE REASON WHY THEY BRAWLED BECAUSE THEY KNEW THAT ABE WILL NOT LAST UP TO 6 ROUNDS.

why post in capital and in huge font? aren't you angry? Mods please take good care of him.

pardon him bro..he's always like that even in other threads when her PMS is just around the corner.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2010 10:53 pm 
Middleweight

" Before his last fight, i was working with concepcion as usual,and Koncz told me i was no longer in charge and buboy is in charge of all manny's fighters (mayol, mepranum, sonsona, concepcion). i said no problem, so buboy trained all fighters and koncz managed so they lost five in a row"- Freddie Roach

So its all koncz fault all the way.. :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2010 10:54 pm 
Ukyo wrote:
Thousand Sunny wrote:
Diego2009 wrote:

pardon him bro..he's always like that even in other threads when her PMS is just around the corner.

bwahahaha, you made my day Ukyo-san!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2010 12:06 am 
Heavyweight

Diego2009 wrote:

Thousand Sunny wrote:

Ukyo wrote:

Thousand Sunny wrote:
bwahahaha, you made my day Ukyo-san!

:D
ahhh nice to know that bro...at least you didn't go berserk like diego di ba? :lol:

nice avatar..buti naglagay kna :D