Pacland's Philippine Boxing Forum
http://forum.philboxing.com/

***ABE WAS NO MATCH EVEN BEFORE THE FIGHT***
http://forum.philboxing.com/viewtopic.php?f=96&t=173530
Page 1 of 2

Author:  Sir_Ivan [ Mon Jul 12, 2010 11:25 pm ]
Post subject:  ***ABE WAS NO MATCH EVEN BEFORE THE FIGHT***

I don't understand why a fight with JuanMa was forced prematurely. Abe obviously needed more experience to develop his skills, let go of his very bad habits, and polish his ring smart abilities.

Even before the fight, I have already considered to myself JuanMa to be one of the elites based on his skills alone. Though JuanMa needs to polish more his judgment inside the ring when to be careful and when he should let it all out.

On the other hand, Abe for me is still like a booming prospect. The kid is not like others who can easily learn new trick over night. He needed time do the right things so he could do it like his second nature in his movements. That's the essence of training.

But fights like these destroys the future of great prospects like Boom-boom and Abe.

What a waste of great prospects in Philippine Boxing.

Author:  Diego2009 [ Tue Jul 13, 2010 12:12 am ]
Post subject:  Re: ***ABE WAS NO MATCH EVEN BEFORE THE FIGHT***

I DIS-AGREE WITH THAT STYLE OF ABE, ABE IS JUST GONNA BE ANOTHER BUM FIGHTER THAT OUR PRODUCES.
THAT KIND OF STYLE WILL NEVER WIN ANY CHAMPIONSHIP, YEAH PERHAPS INSIDE OUR COUNTRY OR IN ASIA BUT
GOING TO THE WEST, IT'S NOT GONNA WORK OUT. SOP IT IS BETTER FOR ABE TO JUST PLANT KAMOTE IN HIS WINNING MONEY AND RETIRE IN THE BOXING. I SAW ALL HIS FIGHTS IN "PINOY POWER" HE BARELY MADE IT BECAUSE OF HIS LACK OF STAMINA. THAT WAS THE REASON WHY THEY BRAWLED BECAUSE THEY KNEW THAT ABE WILL NOT LAST UP TO 6 ROUNDS.

Author:  JoeyInCali [ Tue Jul 13, 2010 12:25 am ]
Post subject:  Re: ***ABE WAS NO MATCH EVEN BEFORE THE FIGHT***

No match before, during and after.
He needs a jab, head movement and lateral movement.

Author:  englishbritish [ Tue Jul 13, 2010 12:28 am ]
Post subject:  Re: ***ABE WAS NO MATCH EVEN BEFORE THE FIGHT***

what do you mean no match?! hehe
he already won before the fight right?!
he said he's much more handsome than lopez right?!
he was more fashionable than lopez with that net25 hat of his right?!
he was cuter(kuno) with that clown act he was doing in camera than lopez right?!
he looked much more prettier in pink than lopez right?!
so what in heaven's sake are you talking about abe was no match even before the fight?!
hehehe
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Author:  NobodySpecial [ Tue Jul 13, 2010 12:36 am ]
Post subject:  Re: ***ABE WAS NO MATCH EVEN BEFORE THE FIGHT***

Sir_Ivan wrote:
I don't understand why a fight with JuanMa was forced prematurely. Abe obviously needed more experience to develop his skills, let go of his very bad habits, and polish his ring smart abilities.

Even before the fight, I have already considered to myself JuanMa to be one of the elites based on his skills alone. Though JuanMa needs to polish more his judgment inside the ring when to be careful and when he should let it all out.

On the other hand, Abe for me is still like a booming prospect. The kid is not like others who can easily learn new trick over night. He needed time do the right things so he could do it like his second nature in his movements. That's the essence of training.

But fights like these destroys the future of great prospects like Boom-boom and Abe.

What a waste of great prospects in Philippine Boxing.

How old is Abe? And how long has he been as a pro???? Simply say Abe is a bum instead of making excuses. WT...

Author:  fan ni manny [ Tue Jul 13, 2010 12:50 am ]
Post subject:  Re: ***ABE WAS NO MATCH EVEN BEFORE THE FIGHT***

englishbritish wrote:
what do you mean no match?! hehe
he already won before the fight right?!
he said he's much more handsome than lopez right?!
he was more fashionable than lopez with that net25 hat of his right?!
he was cuter(kuno) with that clown act he was doing in camera than lopez right?!
he looked much more prettier in pink than lopez right?!
so what in heaven's sake are you talking about abe was no match even before the fight?!
hehehe
:lol: :lol: :lol:


LOL!!! I was gonna say......

Yeah, TS got it all wrong. Abe won hands down before the fight, definitely the better looking and more fashionista of the two :)

Author:  Sir_Ivan [ Tue Jul 13, 2010 6:02 am ]
Post subject:  Re: ***ABE WAS NO MATCH EVEN BEFORE THE FIGHT***

NobodySpecial wrote:
Sir_Ivan wrote:
I don't understand why a fight with JuanMa was forced prematurely. Abe obviously needed more experience to develop his skills, let go of his very bad habits, and polish his ring smart abilities.

Even before the fight, I have already considered to myself JuanMa to be one of the elites based on his skills alone. Though JuanMa needs to polish more his judgment inside the ring when to be careful and when he should let it all out.

On the other hand, Abe for me is still like a booming prospect. The kid is not like others who can easily learn new trick over night. He needed time do the right things so he could do it like his second nature in his movements. That's the essence of training.

But fights like these destroys the future of great prospects like Boom-boom and Abe.

What a waste of great prospects in Philippine Boxing.

How old is Abe? And how long has he been as a pro???? Simply say Abe is a bum instead of making excuses. WT...

maybe you're right but yet maybe not. he maybe old enough as a pro but age should never be the basis whether or not he's ready for a much skilled opponent. like i said, not all boxers have the same ability to learn quick especially on tougher level of competitions when they got used winning against much lesser ones.

i don't believe in people saying this fighter is bum, or one dimensional, or has no skills, etc. most people say so because it is much easier for them to judge and discard somebody than to give the guy some credit and chance. Pacquaio was once like other fighters lacking in a lot of skills as many judged him but he kept proving them wrong. But the funny thing is, people like these never learn. They just judge people like it's some kind of hobby or something.

the reason why from the beginning Abe was pit against these fighters like Luevano and Lopez is because many people saw a potential in him. the same potential that i saw capable of becoming a true elite fighter. unfortunately, unlike Pacquiao, he has very little ability to put into play his training and tactics. in other words, like Pacquiao before, he's just raw talent with less heart. until he improves, most of us may say yes, he's a bum. but i wouldn't count on it.

the thing here is, he was put there against an opponent way much better than him. while he is not yet ready physically and mentally regardless how long he's been as a pro. the point is he still yet have developed that fighting skills and heart needed to at least have a fair fighting chance against the calibers of Lopez.

Lopez on the other hand is a good fighter I look forward to. But I must admit he still got a lot more things to learn especially how to be smarter in the ring even when the opponent is much lesser and in trouble. Lopez has always have the tendency to be overly too confident when he think he got the upper hand. this is his big weakness. but to ask whether he can fair well against the likes of Vazquez and Marquez... hell yeah! but i would suggest he better polish his fighting skills if he want to increase his chances of winning because what he has now is just a fair chance.

Author:  tougherthantough [ Tue Jul 13, 2010 6:58 am ]
Post subject:  Re: ***ABE WAS NO MATCH EVEN BEFORE THE FIGHT***

[img]file:///C:/Documents%20and%20Settings/annika/My%20Documents/My%20Pictures/vlcsnap-2010-07-13-06h52m39s230.png[/img]

Author:  JoeyInCali [ Tue Jul 13, 2010 7:14 am ]
Post subject:  Re: ***ABE WAS NO MATCH EVEN BEFORE THE FIGHT***

Abe has not fought anybody in the top ten outside of Luevano.
And he lost that fight.

Author:  Numero uno [ Tue Jul 13, 2010 7:43 am ]
Post subject:  Re: ***ABE WAS NO MATCH EVEN BEFORE THE FIGHT***

Bernabe already fought southpaws in the mold of Juan Ma with less pop.What I see that was recurring in all those fights is; he can't seem to fire and land punches.Mahirapan sya kasi 5'4 lang xa eh.Mahaba ung reach nung mga latino.They used height effectively and the only way Concepcion to win is get close.Unfortunately Juan Ma is lethal if u close him down ur going to walk into a dinamite.Abe had no chance any way you slice it, he could have lasted longer had he moved away and try to avoid those bombs but he is no defensive genuis.It was a mismatch.Jaun would have stopped him anyway you cut it.Too strong for ABE Concepcion.
MIND YOU HE IS TOO STRONG FOR ALOT OF FEATHERWEIGHTS.I think Caballero can give him problems coz of his size and he won't have to go reaching in.Cab can pump that jab and stop him in his tracks ( TIME HIM) ETC.But Juan Lands it's OVA and OUT.

Author:  babytroy [ Tue Jul 13, 2010 8:01 am ]
Post subject:  Re: ***ABE WAS NO MATCH EVEN BEFORE THE FIGHT***

Concepcion needs to practice a lot harder particularly on his reflexes!
He is still young and should not hurry up for accolades. If he perseveres
he can be a world beater in the molds of Bata Reyes and Jango Bustamante!
Or perhaps Dennis Orcullo or Manalo! :D

Author:  rickb888 [ Tue Jul 13, 2010 12:10 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: ***ABE WAS NO MATCH EVEN BEFORE THE FIGHT***

englishbritish wrote:
what do you mean no match?! hehe
he already won before the fight right?!
he said he's much more handsome than lopez right?!
he was more fashionable than lopez with that net25 hat of his right?!
he was cuter(kuno) with that clown act he was doing in camera than lopez right?!
he looked much more prettier in pink than lopez right?!
so what in heaven's sake are you talking about abe was no match even before the fight?!
hehehe
:lol: :lol: :lol:



AGREE THE WAY HE FELL DOWN WAS MORE STYLISH THAN WHEN JUANA FELL DOWN

Author:  englishbritish [ Tue Jul 13, 2010 9:06 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: ***ABE WAS NO MATCH EVEN BEFORE THE FIGHT***

Numero uno wrote:
Bernabe already fought southpaws in the mold of Juan Ma with less pop.What I see that was recurring in all those fights is; he can't seem to fire and land punches.Mahirapan sya kasi 5'4 lang xa eh.Mahaba ung reach nung mga latino.They used height effectively and the only way Concepcion to win is get close.Unfortunately Juan Ma is lethal if u close him down ur going to walk into a dinamite.Abe had no chance any way you slice it, he could have lasted longer had he moved away and try to avoid those bombs but he is no defensive genuis.It was a mismatch.Jaun would have stopped him anyway you cut it.Too strong for ABE Concepcion.
MIND YOU HE IS TOO STRONG FOR ALOT OF FEATHERWEIGHTS.I think Caballero can give him problems coz of his size and he won't have to go reaching in.Cab can pump that jab and stop him in his tracks ( TIME HIM) ETC.But Juan Lands it's OVA and OUT.


nakakahiya nga eh, para akong nanood ng mga unknown yet brave fighters
(puro tapang walang technique) na nakikita natin sa blow by blow,saved by the bell,in this corner. yung tipong yuyuko then butterfly or freestyle stroke to throw their overhead punches. again yung tipong hoping for a chamba. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Author:  AndyGarcia [ Tue Jul 13, 2010 9:23 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: ***ABE WAS NO MATCH EVEN BEFORE THE FIGHT***

Enough of these Abe ****! I cant believe Pacland site was down because of Abe's fight last sunday just like when Pacquiao fights.

Author:  AndyGarcia [ Tue Jul 13, 2010 9:24 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: ***ABE WAS NO MATCH EVEN BEFORE THE FIGHT***

tougherthantough wrote:
[img]file:///C:/Documents%20and%20Settings/annika/My%20Documents/My%20Pictures/vlcsnap-2010-07-13-06h52m39s230.png[/img]



Nice Pic :)

Page 1 of 2 All times are UTC + 8 hours
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group
https://www.phpbb.com/