Pacland's Philippine Boxing Forum

Discussion on boxing and other sports, Filipino greats and anything under the sun.
It is currently Mon Dec 16, 2019 12:09 am

All times are UTC + 8 hours

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2008 9:37 pm 
Middleweight

thanks for letting us view of his fight vid.

To tell you honestly, I find this man very tough. But, I do not think he can last that long. Why? Early in 2nd round he has already shown what an immature fighter is to be. I am talking about his cover. Most of the time, he always leave it very open.

Now, about his style, he is not a very polished fighter which is unlikely for other prospects like AJ Banal. He needs to work on his combinations. You cannot survive boxing by just jabs and raw power! You need to shape that raw force.

Stamina is also a question for this guy. Early in the round, he tries to steal some time gasping. Well, this is not a very good sign for a young boxer.

Next, I think he has a dirty style of boxing. He tries to hide those punches. Anyway, that would be acceptable, but, that alone cannot knock down a good fighter.

To tell you, this is the next Edwin Valero. But with a stick on his record!

Bisitaa ang akong mga sugilanon sa www.mga-sugilanon.blogspot.com

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2008 9:40 pm 
Heavyweight

You should watch his other fights so you can have a more accurate opinion of his abilities. At the least, he's a better boxer/fighter than Bum2x. :biglaugh:

“I sympathize with those who would minimize economic entanglement between nations. Ideas, knowledge, art, hospitality, travel should of their nature be international. But let goods be homespun and finance be primarily national.”
-Keynes

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2008 9:53 pm 
Heavyweight

gudz511 wrote:
You should watch his other fights so you can have a more accurate opinion of his abilities. At the least, he's a better boxer/fighter than Bum2x. :biglaugh:

No! they're about the same! De Leon Just Got Lucky! sabi nga ni Boomx2 " Kung Inabot Lang Sya ng Aking Mga Suntok May Kalulugaran Sya" :) :)

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2008 9:57 pm 
Middleweight

I do not have to. Once you see one, you see all of them.

I categorize them in the same class with Rey. Rey does not have that head movement which makes him expose to more blows. The same with Abe, he is not that of a technical fighter.

You just try to look how that barrage of punches could have taken him if he faced a strong fighter. He just let himself open!

I believe the only good prospect to take that superstar limelight after manny is AJ Banal. At that age, you cannot see one like him.

And look, he is not fighting a bum, he is fighting world rated boxers and undefeated ones!

My suggestion for Abe is to be more evascive.

Try to be more objective bro.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2008 10:07 pm 
Cruiserweight

[quote="Lumad_Sugbuanon"]I do not have to. Once you see one, you see all of them.

I categorize them in the same class with Rey. Rey does not have that head movement which makes him expose to more blows. The same with Abe, he is not that of a technical fighter.

You just try to look how that barrage of punches could have taken him if he faced a strong fighter. He just let himself open!

I believe the only good prospect to take that superstar limelight after manny is AJ Banal. At that age, you cannot see one like him.

And look, he is not fighting a bum, he is fighting world rated boxers and undefeated ones!

Try to be more objective bro.[/quo

OHH GRAND STANDING! LIKE TO SOUNDS GENIUS! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2008 10:10 pm 
Middleweight

cleto_reyes wrote:
Lumad_Sugbuanon wrote:

Ah o.k. then good luck to you Abe....May our living God bless you always. :) :) :)

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2008 10:18 pm 
Welterweight

Barbie is a bum! plain and simple. Once he steps in the ring with Kid Terrible I bet he won't last long. Barbie will quit on his stool.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2008 10:19 pm 
Middleweight

cleto_reyes wrote:
Lumad_Sugbuanon wrote:

Bai,

I would take that as a complement. I would appreciate more if some sane people attack my opnion!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2008 10:24 pm 
Middleweight

cybershot wrote:
Barbie is a bum! plain and simple. Once he steps in the ring with Kid Terrible I bet he won't last long. Barbie will quit on his stool.

Can you show me some vids of Ciso? I hope I can take a look at this boxer also.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2008 11:22 pm 
Welterweight

you're talking about him being open in the 2nd round?
the body punch hurted daniels, and concepcion sensed it and he knows he can take daniel's punches,that's why he is open.
he has killer instinct, not just head-hunting ko type, but right timing.
yes he has faced a stronger opponent, he's not like the other one who will be wide open. as shown on his other fights, when he the opponent too has power he isn't that open.he is evasive and counterpunch but not just any counterpunch ala marquez etc cos he has power.

"Once you see one, you see all of them."
unless you're one that has the eyes of flies, where everything moves slow-mo.
with a fight like that finish so fast, i'm sure you didn't see the punch that set it all up, the one that wobbled daniels, without the benefit of replay.

"I categorize them in the same class with Rey. Rey does not have that head movement which makes him expose to more blows."
you categorize him in the same class with rey? but then you say rey doesn't have that head movement like concepcion. same class alright.

dirty boxing? cos he tries to hide his punches?
first of all are those punches illegal ie low blow?
second do you want your opponent to see,read,telegraph your punch so he can evade and counter you? or do you want your opponent to not see your punch so you could land them and possibly ko the opponent?

not polished?
on that we agree, cos he still is on his way. but we can leave the polishing to freddie roach now.
if you're going to compare any boxer to edwin valero, i will say boom2x.
cos concepcion has better chances than that one.
boom2 should have improved on those last 2 fights after de leon. and he got wobbled by a bum.

and yes physique pa lang skeleton lng si concepcion compared to terrible.
common sense and logic dictates that, if makikipagsuntukan ka sa mas malaki sa iyo, malaki talaga chance mo manalo. talaga po.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2008 11:33 pm 
Cruiserweight

Lumad_Sugbuanon wrote:

How can Bernabe be at the same level as Boom Boom if Bernabe does not have a glass chin? LOL!

Bernabe is not a perfect fighter (but who is a perfect fighter?), but not unless he has a major flaw that cannot be corrected (like a glass chin) he is a good prospect.

Bernabe is also tough ang blue collar rugged for that age.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2008 11:48 pm 
Middleweight

the kid (abe) is only 20 and has the phsyique of a 28 year old..... if no skill ponce can out muscle anyone to become a champion, abe could too..... besides he could gain respectable skill by the time he's 23 with the wild card training methods

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2008 11:55 pm 
Middleweight

kissofdeath wrote:
you're talking about him being open in the 2nd round?
the body punch hurted daniels, and concepcion sensed it and he knows he can take daniel's punches,that's why he is open.
he has killer instinct, not just head-hunting ko type, but right timing.
yes he has faced a stronger opponent, he's not like the other one who will be wide open. as shown on his other fights, when he the opponent too has power he isn't that open.he is evasive and counterpunch but not just any counterpunch ala marquez etc cos he has power.

"Once you see one, you see all of them."
unless you're one that has the eyes of flies, where everything moves slow-mo.
with a fight like that finish so fast, i'm sure you didn't see the punch that set it all up, the one that wobbled daniels, without the benefit of replay.

"I categorize them in the same class with Rey. Rey does not have that head movement which makes him expose to more blows."
you categorize him in the same class with rey? but then you say rey doesn't have that head movement like concepcion. same class alright.

second do you want your opponent to see,read,telegraph your punch so he can evade and counter you? or do you want your opponent to not see your punch so you could land them and possibly ko the opponent?

not polished?
on that we agree, cos he still is on his way. but we can leave the polishing to freddie roach now.
if you're going to compare any boxer to edwin valero, i will say boom2x.
cos concepcion has better chances than that one.
boom2 should have improved on those last 2 fights after de leon. and he got wobbled by a bum.

and yes physique pa lang skeleton lng si concepcion compared to terrible.
common sense and logic dictates that, if makikipagsuntukan ka sa mas malaki sa iyo, malaki talaga chance mo manalo. talaga po.

Hi,

First of all thank you for that good point. Let me answer them.

Indeed those are legal punch, which I think is really legal into technical terms but something that boxers do which is very sore to one's eye. why? these are stolen punches which i think is not fair. The other boxer tries to raise his hand while here comes Abe stealing some moments!

For me it is unfair, and I would not further argue with you anymore on that. THat is part of his game!

Then let me tell you about his physique. He is just one kind of a Thai boxer! Look at the Thais, they are just well very brute. I could see that he tends to move like one crude and unrefined machine.

I check out his records, and all I can see are fighters who are not that good.

Mind you, it would not be uncommon if he also has his share of kissing the canvass!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2008 12:01 am 
Middleweight

Silverbullet wrote:
Lumad_Sugbuanon wrote:

How can Bernabe be at the same level as Boom Boom if Bernabe does not have a glass chin? LOL!

Bernabe is not a perfect fighter (but who is a perfect fighter?), but not unless he has a major flaw that cannot be corrected (like a glass chin) he is a good prospect.

Bernabe is also tough ang blue collar rugged for that age.

So you mean to say he is one hell of a Rolando Navarette type. To tell you, this man has not been tested yet with some class fighters. If he will step on the ring to fight the likes of Vasquez or DPDL, i would not be surprised that he will kiss the canvass the first time.

Before Boomboom fought DPDL, most people think he has this granite chin. Let's see with this guy if he does not also get his own share of the canvas.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2008 12:03 am 
Heavyweight

hope to see him fight more rated boxers