Pacland's Philippine Boxing Forum

Discussion on boxing and other sports, Filipino greats and anything under the sun.
It is currently Tue Dec 10, 2019 12:27 am

All times are UTC + 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 47 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2008 12:09 am 
Middleweight

boxing_the_no1_sport wrote:
hope to see him fight more rated boxers

Well, same with me.

Jr. Featherweight has so many talents and you could not run out of them. Well, so much for this hype about this man and let us be real.

Unless, he could beat the likes of DPDL, then, I would give up my claim this man could not make it to the top. But with his style, I think he is just good for regional belts. Something that does not credit much!

To tell you, he can be classed with Suico who are only good at regional belts and being feed with bums.

Bisitaa ang akong mga sugilanon sa www.mga-sugilanon.blogspot.com

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2008 3:02 am 
Welterweight

Lumad_Sugbuanon wrote:
boxing_the_no1_sport wrote:
hope to see him fight more rated boxers

Well, same with me.

Jr. Featherweight has so many talents and you could not run out of them. Well, so much for this hype about this man and let us be real.

Unless, he could beat the likes of DPDL, then, I would give up my claim this man could not make it to the top. But with his style, I think he is just good for regional belts. Something that does not credit much!

To tell you, he can be classed with Suico who are only good at regional belts and being feed with bums.

ok this is just your opinion.. next please.. oh look only ten negative opinion out of thousands :)
heheh com' on guys let us just support the guy he still young and can improve in the future. peace

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2008 6:04 am 
Heavyweight

No offense bro but I consider the comment of Don Jose Sulaiman on BC's recent performance loaded with more wisdom than yours. At least he has been in the boxing business since time immemorial. How about you?

:) :peace:

xxxxxxxxxxx
SULAIMAN SAYS CONCEPCION LOOKED GOOD

By Ronnie Nathanielsz
PhilBoxing.com
Tue, 29 Apr 2008

World Boxing Council president Don Jose Sulaiman says Bernabe Concepcion "really looked very, very good" in his second round TKO over 2004 US Olympic boxing team alternate Torrence Daniels in Quartero, Mexico on Sunday morning Manila Time.

http://philboxing.com/news/story-16317.html

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2008 7:08 am 
Light Heavyweight

Lumad_Sugbuanon wrote:
thanks for letting us view of his fight vid.

To tell you honestly, I find this man very tough. But, I do not think he can last that long. Why? Early in 2nd round he has already shown what an immature fighter is to be. I am talking about his cover. Most of the time, he always leave it very open.

Now, about his style, he is not a very polished fighter which is unlikely for other prospects like AJ Banal. He needs to work on his combinations. You cannot survive boxing by just jabs and raw power! You need to shape that raw force.

Stamina is also a question for this guy. Early in the round, he tries to steal some time gasping. Well, this is not a very good sign for a young boxer.

Next, I think he has a dirty style of boxing. He tries to hide those punches. Anyway, that would be acceptable, but, that alone cannot knock down a good fighter.

To tell you, this is the next Edwin Valero. But with a stick on his record!

I would have liked to see him getting more rounds than this TKO. He has the power but as you said he leaves himself open sometimes, at the second round daniels stunned him with a left hook and the right straight has always been there for daniels, unfortunately for him conception got him first. The good thing is, after being hit by the left hook (i also saw him getting hit cleanly in the jaw in other fights), he just shrugged it off. This kid can give and take. However he might get unlucky so i hope he does something with his defense. I'd like to see him with more head and body movements and lateral footwork.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2008 7:29 am 
Middleweight

Lumad_Sugbuanon wrote:

To tell you honestly, I find this man very tough. But, I do not think he can last that long. Why? Early in 2nd round he has already shown what an immature fighter is to be. I am talking about his cover. Most of the time, he always leave it very open.

Now, about his style, he is not a very polished fighter which is unlikely for other prospects like AJ Banal. He needs to work on his combinations. You cannot survive boxing by just jabs and raw power! You need to shape that raw force.

Stamina is also a question for this guy. Early in the round, he tries to steal some time gasping. Well, this is not a very good sign for a young boxer.

Next, I think he has a dirty style of boxing. He tries to hide those punches. Anyway, that would be acceptable, but, that alone cannot knock down a good fighter.

early sign of crab mentality. what's with the hate? why dont you try to support every filipino athletes? obviously you have hidden agenda.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2008 7:33 am 
Middleweight

Lumad_Sugbuanon wrote:

He is 20 years old. He will have alot going on.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2008 7:35 am 
Middleweight

nandi wrote:
No offense bro but I consider the comment of Don Jose Sulaiman on BC's recent performance loaded with more wisdom than yours. At least he has been in the boxing business since time immemorial. How about you?

xxxxxxxxxxx

By Ronnie Nathanielsz
PhilBoxing.com
Tue, 29 Apr 2008

World Boxing Council president Don Jose Sulaiman says Bernabe Concepcion "really looked very, very good" in his second round TKO over 2004 US Olympic boxing team alternate Torrence Daniels in Quartero, Mexico on Sunday morning Manila Time.

http://philboxing.com/news/story-16317.html

bro feeling ng TS mas magaling pa sya kay don jose!? :lol: :lol: :lol:

trans: agree with you bro!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2008 7:48 am 
Middleweight

nananabik_69 wrote:
nandi wrote:

xxxxxxxxxxx

By Ronnie Nathanielsz
PhilBoxing.com
Tue, 29 Apr 2008

Was that an appreciation or just a dose of complements? Of course, he is looking good considering that he won the fight. But if you would try to take a closer look on the quality of his opponent, well, that would speak in itself.

Why not try checking boxrec.com?

I would definitely say this man could not last long the same way as AJ Banal will be.

I do not like to sugar coat. I would only give my straight forward views and that this guy does not have what it takes to be a champion. I likened him to a Thai boxer with that brute physique.

If you well take it in this way, he will be facing the likes of Ponce de Leon, which I think will eat him alive!

Regional belts can be the greatest this man could deliver.

Bisitaa ang akong mga sugilanon sa www.mga-sugilanon.blogspot.com

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2008 8:16 am 
Heavyweight

Bernabe should face more rated boxers to become world class

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2008 8:40 am 
Welterweight

barbie looks good coz he is fighting bums. thats all. let him fight highly rated boxers and we'll see what this guy is made of. if barbie supporters bash boom2x, they should bash barbie also for fighting bums. :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2008 8:49 am 
Heavyweight

let's just unite and support the guy. if he can get a title shot vs molitor then he has a good chance of becoming a world champion.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2008 9:08 am 
Heavyweight

Eli Manny wrote:
the kid (abe) is only 20 and has the phsyique of a 28 year old..... if no skill ponce can out muscle anyone to become a champion, abe could too..... besides he could gain respectable skill by the time he's 23 with the wild card training methods

aight.. 8)

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2008 9:31 am 
Light Heavyweight

Let's give abe the chance. I hope you will not eat your words soon enough. I am a big time boxing fan and I support all Filipino contenders and champs regardless of skills, just because i am a FILIPINO.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2008 10:03 am 
Heavyweight

Boom fought better fighters than concepcion.. Boom2x can destroy Bums anytime..The moment of truth is when they step up to the real deals. So, for now Abe is not at that stage. Congratz on his win BTW..I think he is nearing that moment soon. Hope he lives up to the hype. I think Molitor is alot safer opponent than Ponce, no doubt. That's why it's smart Concep won't take the route BOOM2x took. The harder route is for brave only. Molito is the weakest champ..

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2008 10:30 am 
Welterweight

how could this crabs say that they support filipino boxers when in fact they keep on bashing boom2x. i think they should try to correct themselves first before trying to convince pacland that they are supporting every filipino boxers. as long as they are throwing mud at some boxers, i will do the same to your beloved barbie concepcion. :lol:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 47 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next