Pacland's Philippine Boxing Forum

Discussion on boxing and other sports, Filipino greats and anything under the sun.
It is currently Sun Dec 15, 2019 9:23 pm

All times are UTC + 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 47 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2008 11:36 am 
Middleweight

for a 20 kid who is an NABF champion, it is unfair to say to concepcion that he has no skills, no stamina etc., you can't be a regional champion without these qualities. concepcion has the tools to become a world champion. as young as he is he is able to time his punches to achieve the greatest effect, that kind of skill is the most important skill in boxing.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2008 12:01 pm 
Middleweight

quimat wrote:
for a 20 kid who is an NABF champion, it is unfair to say to concepcion that he has no skills, no stamina etc., you can't be a regional champion without these qualities. concepcion has the tools to become a world champion. as young as he is he is able to time his punches to achieve the greatest effect, that kind of skill is the most important skill in boxing.

bro as per fruity_loops gumaganti lang daw sila kasi daw palagi na lang daw kinukutya si boom2x. e sino ba naman dito ang kumukutya kay boom2x? e pareho ko silang idol? lahat basta filipino. kahit si brian villoria, kahit si nonito donaire. tingin ko si fruity_loops ang ganun e may kinikilingan? palagay nyo?

trans: agree with you bro!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2008 1:02 pm 
Welterweight

I totally disagree with the TS.

Abe has been tested in his fight against that very rugged, dirty and very durable fighter in mexico (before his fight against Daniels). TS, have you watched it? That was hell of a fight for Abe!

And oh, do not compare Ciso Morales to Abe because Kid Terible is not close to Abe's level. Have you watched Ciso's fight against the patsy Korean in the Invation card? Ciso lacks power and defense, he got tagged with the left hook of the patsy korean time and time again yet he never showed any adjustment to avoid it. Ciso doesnt have the killer's instinct like Abe showed in the second round against Daniels, which you criticized as sign of imaturity and lack of defense.

Abe is not perfect, thats correct. But he's got the qualities of a very exciting and soon-to-be champion type of boxer.

If you asked "will he last long?" Yes he will.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2008 1:15 pm 
Welterweight

fruity_loops wrote:
barbie looks good coz he is fighting bums. thats all. let him fight highly rated boxers and we'll see what this guy is made of. if barbie supporters bash boom2x, they should bash barbie also for fighting bums. :lol:

You are bum bro, Id like to call my self a bum too for the moment. We are both bums now, I guess its a fair match now! Who are interested to watch the match? free of charge, free beers and chicks!

I'll knock this rude fellow out in 1 round.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2008 5:45 pm 
Welterweight

Judge Dredd wrote:
fruity_loops wrote:
barbie looks good coz he is fighting bums. thats all. let him fight highly rated boxers and we'll see what this guy is made of. if barbie supporters bash boom2x, they should bash barbie also for fighting bums. :lol:

You are bum bro, Id like to call my self a bum too for the moment. We are both bums now, I guess its a fair match now! Who are interested to watch the match? free of charge, free beers and chicks!

Wow man! Is that an open challenge? :shock:

Translation:

Bangasan na ba ng mukha?

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2008 7:17 pm 
Heavyweight

Lumad_Sugbuanon wrote:
thanks for letting us view of his fight vid.

To tell you honestly, I find this man very tough. But, I do not think he can last that long. Why? Early in 2nd round he has already shown what an immature fighter is to be. I am talking about his cover. Most of the time, he always leave it very open.

Now, about his style, he is not a very polished fighter which is unlikely for other prospects like AJ Banal. He needs to work on his combinations. You cannot survive boxing by just jabs and raw power! You need to shape that raw force.

Stamina is also a question for this guy. Early in the round, he tries to steal some time gasping. Well, this is not a very good sign for a young boxer.

Next, I think he has a dirty style of boxing. He tries to hide those punches. Anyway, that would be acceptable, but, that alone cannot knock down a good fighter.

To tell you, this is the next Edwin Valero. But with a stick on his record!

If you just listened to Abe's corner, you hear Roach giving instructions to Abe, to use his right. The absence of cover is a ploy by Abe's corner. It paid off by knocking Daniels down by a timely right straight.
Hiding your punches is the best style all fighters wish they have. If all your opponents can see your punches coming, then its better that you stop fighting. It is not a dirty style.
Stamina? Well I hope you're aware that Abe failed to make the weight in his first try. Use your imagination.
If you haven't seen Abe's fight against Gabriel Elizondo then watch it. There you will see how good Abe is. Elizondo is way better fighter than all of AJ's opponent. I do believe AJ have better combinations compared to Abe.
Abe will not be a Valero. There are no similarities between them.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2008 8:36 pm 
Welterweight

"Abe will not be a Valero. There are no similarities between them."
to be more clear on that, cos others may take it as the other way i think you've meant it.

Abe will never be a Valero, because Abe is greater and better than Valero. The fighters whom Abe fought have the fighting chance to win, unlike Valero's who are all mere tricycle drivers.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2008 10:25 am 
Middleweight

cybershot wrote:
Barbie is a bum! plain and simple. Once he steps in the ring with Kid Terrible I bet he won't last long. Barbie will quit on his stool.

Have you seen Narseesaw Morales' face after his fight with the patsy Korean? If a patsy could do that to him, imagine what "kamaong llave" would do. :lol: Now compare Seesaw's face to Abe's post fight look after his most rugged fight to date against Ruiz...not a dent. :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2008 11:32 am 
Welterweight

Judge Dredd wrote:
fruity_loops wrote:

a loud-mouth trying to be very brave infront of his pc. i don't know if you are serious or you are just a conehead with a bean-sized brain. :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2008 11:35 am 
Welterweight

badboypeenoy wrote:
cybershot wrote:
Barbie is a bum! plain and simple. Once he steps in the ring with Kid Terrible I bet he won't last long. Barbie will quit on his stool.

Have you seen Narseesaw Morales' face after his fight with the patsy Korean? If a patsy could do that to him, imagine what "kamaong llave" would do. :lol: Now compare Seesaw's face to Abe's post fight look after his most rugged fight to date against Ruiz...not a dent. :lol:
your boy is a bum. period.. :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2008 11:59 am 
Welterweight

fruity_loops wrote:
badboypeenoy wrote:

Yeah, sure. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Shoo... start your own forum or something :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2008 4:47 pm 
Welterweight

scholarwarrior wrote:
fruity_loops wrote:
badboypeenoy wrote:

Yeah, sure. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Shoo... start your own forum or something :lol:
:lol: scholarwarrior to the rescue for badboypeenoy. what would you expect from a retard using the same handle. :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2008 7:09 pm 
Lightweight

MODS pls warn this fruity_poop he has been out of control i wonder what is his agenda

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2008 7:31 pm 
Bantamweight

don't forget about ciso "el terrible" moreno bro!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2008 7:45 pm 
Heavyweight

Don't forget another Bicolano Michael Farenas. I think Roach has finally got I would say better stronger Noypi prospects, than what he got b4 (Boom, Gabi, BPac and Z) Aj is just as good as BC and MF.It's about time we sent some good ones at WCG..

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 47 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next