Pacland's Philippine Boxing Forum

Discussion on boxing and other sports, Filipino greats and anything under the sun.
It is currently Sun Aug 18, 2019 6:48 am

All times are UTC + 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 55 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2008 7:01 pm 
Light Heavyweight

nandi wrote:
abdominal shot wrote:
nandi wrote:
A true champ does not choose whom to fight. If Abe is not a bum, he should be ready for all comers! 8)

yea, but you have to consider that Abe is very young. Let him gain more experience before facing a TOP 10 POUND FOR POUND FIGHTER! :)

Correct me if I am wrong, but I think PacMan was a world champ before he turned 20.

If Abe chooses his opponents and eventually becomes a champ, he may turn out to be our version of Chris John or Pongsaklek Wonjongkam :(

What I mean is that to be respected, Abe needs to test his mettle against the best. There is nothing to be ashamed of losing against the best. On the other hand, winning against them will show that you are the best, the Champion, and not them. 8)

Credit Boom2x, who, at least had the courage to face DPDL. Now he is back training to be better than the last time around. :) :) :)

yea, but the thai wasnt recognized as one of the top pound for pound fighters in the world. Many experts rank Vasquez as no.6th-8th best fighter. IMO, it's a mismatch. Im not saying that ABE should avoid high risk-class A fighters for the rest of his career like the two boxers you mentioned. BTW, though a homie, Chris John is recognized by many as the linear champ of feather division. :)

On the contrary, If Boom fought 2-3 more QUALITY (non-bums) foes before facing Ponce, the result might be different.

IMO, Abe should try his luck against other champions in SB before facing Vasquez. It will develop his skills and give him a lot of ring experience in preparation for a Monster in the name of Vasquez. :)

Last edited by abdominal shot on Wed May 07, 2008 7:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2008 7:03 pm 
Middleweight

ABE should fight more before he fights the likes of DPDL,JUANMA LOPEZ

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2008 7:12 pm 
Heavyweight

Fight the best, BUT AT THE RIGHT TIME. Abe is not ready for Vazquez yet.

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2008 7:18 pm 
Cruiserweight

dencioPT101 wrote:
abe has a better chance of winning against molitor.

i do agree with you mate.

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2008 7:30 pm 
Cruiserweight

badboypeenoy wrote:
Dennis Principe asked Abe which he liked to fight now, Molitor or Vazquez. Abe said "kakayanin daw nya kahit si Vazquez" (He'll try his best even if he'S pitted against Vazquez) and that he talked about this possibility with Roach already. Roach used to train Vazquez. :lol:

http://www.sportsnews.ph/images/stories ... pril30.wma

Abe fighting Vasquez is biting more than he could chew, he will choke up, not advisable.

He is not yet up to Israel Vasquez's caliber, a fight of the year candidate for his trilogy with Rafael Marquez.

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2008 7:41 pm 
Heavyweight

vanhelsing wrote:
nobushino wrote:
Dagul_Denboy wrote:
Vasquez will murder Abe

the better match up for him is Molitor and let Boom2x take care of Vasquez

no offense bro, that's your opinion but with Boom2x reputation for being "hurt easily" I think Vasquez will just totally obliterate Boom2x and probably end his career. On the other hand, If it were Abe against Vasquez, I'd say Abe has a pretty decent chance but I still think Vasquez would still be too much for him. Concepcion should be going after either Molitor or at least Juanma Lopez, and for Boom2x still I would love too see a rematch with Ponce.

I would like to see a BoomBoom/DPDL rematch just to silence those non-believers.

Something is not right with the above statement. I just can't tell what. :lol: :lol: :lol:

“I sympathize with those who would minimize economic entanglement between nations. Ideas, knowledge, art, hospitality, travel should of their nature be international. But let goods be homespun and finance be primarily national.”
-Keynes

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2008 7:45 pm 
Heavyweight

Wong wrote:

This is the same as "Manny Pacquiao is not yet ready to take on Marco Antonio Barrera" before.
Let him decide if he wants to take on Vasquez. So what if he looses. What if he wins?

“I sympathize with those who would minimize economic entanglement between nations. Ideas, knowledge, art, hospitality, travel should of their nature be international. But let goods be homespun and finance be primarily national.”
-Keynes

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2008 8:21 pm 
Light Heavyweight

I don't think so guys. Everything is being planned for in Abe's carrer, thanks to Bob Arum. Bob knows what he's doing for Abe so let's just trust him for that. Maybe its better when Abe would still tend to improve his skills by fighting bums first b4 going to top fighters like Vazquez and Marquez.

With regards to PacMan being a world champ b4 20, I'd say not everyone is Manny Pacquiao. Abe still has a bright future even if he's not yet a world champ. He doesn't have to haste his career cuz it could be very risky, unless he want to end up like "Boom-boom" Bautista who suffered a humiliating defeat. So be patient, just wait and Abe will have his time.

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2008 8:26 pm 
Heavyweight

FloatLikeAButterfly wrote:
I don't think so guys. Everything is being planned for in Abe's carrer, thanks to Bob Arum. Bob knows what he's doing for Abe so let's just trust him for that. Maybe its better when Abe would still tend to improve his skills by fighting bums first b4 going to top fighters like Vazquez and Marquez.

With regards to PacMan being a world champ b4 20, I'd say not everyone is Manny Pacquiao. Abe still has a bright future even if he's not yet a world champ. He don't haste his career cuz it could be very risky, unless he want to end up like "Boom-boom" Bautista who suffered a humiliating defeat. So be patient, just wait and Abe will have his time.

The key word is "humiliating". If ever Abe looses, I'm sure it will not be "humiliating". 8)

-Keynes

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2008 8:28 pm 
Heavyweight

new town wrote:
nandi wrote:
A true champ does not choose whom to fight. If Abe is not a bum, he should be ready for all comers! 8)

Yep . . . "no guts, no glory." :lol:

abe is more than hungry. can't even afford a decent haircut. i think he should be given the chance to meet any of the SB champions now. abe asked for it - he's got guts, let him fight for glory.

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2008 8:30 pm 
Light Heavyweight

gudz511 wrote:

With regards to PacMan being a world champ b4 20, I'd say not everyone is Manny Pacquiao. Abe still has a bright future even if he's not yet a world champ. He don't haste his career cuz it could be very risky, unless he want to end up like "Boom-boom" Bautista who suffered a humiliating defeat. So be patient, just wait and Abe will have his time.

The key word is "humiliating". If ever Abe looses, I'm sure it will not be "humiliating". 8)

And I don't think Manny had a "humiliating" defeat like Rey Bautista. So be patient, just wait and Abe will have his time. Bob knows what he's doing for Abe.

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2008 8:45 pm 
Heavyweight

With regards to PacMan being a world champ b4 20, I'd say not everyone is Manny Pacquiao. Abe still has a bright future even if he's not yet a world champ. He doesn't have to haste his career cuz it could be very risky, unless he want to end up like "Boom-boom" Bautista who suffered a humiliating defeat. So be patient, just wait and Abe will have his time.

not everyone is pacman. also, NOT EVERYONE IS BOOMBOOM.

forget the two, abe wants to be champion now and he's asking for
it.

there's always a risk when a boxer fights. the better risk is taking on the champ, he's got the belt to lose.

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2008 9:16 pm 
Light Heavyweight

delpilar wrote:

not everyone is pacman. also, NOT EVERYONE IS BOOMBOOM.

forget the two, abe wants to be champion now and he's asking for
it.

there's always a risk when a boxer fights. the better risk is taking on the champ, he's got the belt to lose.

Well that's your opinion, but for me, I like Abe fighting in camouflage (meaning being unrecognized boxer yet). I want him to have a different direction from Manny. Rey Bautista tried to be like Manny by fighting top fighters but failed. Manny became a successful champ but many boxers want his head because of his fame. Personally, I think Abe has a good potential of defeating world champs like Vazquez. But I don't like him to do shortcuts like Pacman did by beating a top caliber Barrera. Come on guys, can anyone of you say that Manny became the avoided one during his rise. Everybody wanted to have a match against Manny cuz he has "the money and fame" and they believe they can beat him also. I just want Abe to hold the title of being "The Avoided One" when he becomes a world champ.

Those are just few things I'd like him to be. But honestly, I also don't know what Bob really plans for Abe... :D

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2008 9:57 pm 
Middleweight

Did Vazquez and Concepcion ever spar at the wildcard gym? Or did Concepcion start training there when Vazquez was already training elsewhere? Abe seems confident he can take on Israel Vazquez.

And oh, just for the record. I DOUBT Vazquez or any fighter from SuperBantam to Featherweight can KO Bernabe Concepcion in round 1. :lol:

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2008 10:14 pm 
Light Heavyweight

gudz511 wrote:
Wong wrote:

This is the same as "Manny Pacquiao is not yet ready to take on Marco Antonio Barrera" before.
Let him decide if he wants to take on Vasquez. So what if he looses. What if he wins?

Manny, however, did have more experience with better fighters than Abe. He was or had been a world champion at that point. Abe hasn't been fighting the same caliber opponents that MP had prior to MAB.

-F

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 55 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next