Pacland's Philippine Boxing Forum

Discussion on boxing and other sports, Filipino greats and anything under the sun.
It is currently Mon Aug 19, 2019 2:37 pm

All times are UTC + 8 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 55 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2008 8:12 am 
Offline
Middleweight

Joined: Wed Apr 09, 2008 11:19 am
Posts: 511
gudz511 wrote:
FloatLikeAButterfly wrote:
I don't think so guys. Everything is being planned for in Abe's carrer, thanks to Bob Arum. Bob knows what he's doing for Abe so let's just trust him for that. Maybe its better when Abe would still tend to improve his skills by fighting bums first b4 going to top fighters like Vazquez and Marquez.

With regards to PacMan being a world champ b4 20, I'd say not everyone is Manny Pacquiao. Abe still has a bright future even if he's not yet a world champ. He don't haste his career cuz it could be very risky, unless he want to end up like "Boom-boom" Bautista who suffered a humiliating defeat. So be patient, just wait and Abe will have his time.



The key word is "humiliating". If ever Abe looses, I'm sure it will not be "humiliating". 8)


Abe wants to fight Vazquez to try His Luck and also to gain experience, not just to win
a championship title, Just like Boom2x went he fought Ponce, He gain expirience, and also
lessons,,,,,,,,,,


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2008 9:39 am 
Offline
Welterweight

Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2007 10:26 am
Posts: 205
Location: Cebu, City Phillippines
This thread appears to agree that Abe should go for the title especially against Molitor. The reason - an easier fight than against Vasquez. At the same time, Boom2x bashings continue to pour in.

I ask those critics, why not ABE vs DPDL or even Vasquez? Am I to assume that either two might expose ABE - the protected kid. Likewise, isn't it unfair to say Boom2x is inferior to ABE? Rey fought a murderous boxer in DPDL without any form of mental reservation. True, he lost in a humiliating fashion but credit that to immaturity. On the other hand, why Molitor for Abe? In the first place, why was it not Rey against Molitor - when it would have been an "easier" fight.

I just think that some of us need to re-evaluate our opinions in dissecting a boxer. I think most opinions here are prejudicial.

By the way, talk about age. In some threads, they won't allow AJ Banal to fight for world title since he is still young even if he is a matured fighter. What's the difference with Abe?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2008 10:08 am 
Offline
Light Heavyweight

Joined: Mon Oct 11, 2004 7:50 pm
Posts: 1253
I suggest Abe get past Molitor before taking on Vasquez because it is the more financially sound track to take. If Concepcion takes the title from Molitor, that would ratchet up his bargaining position for a Vasquez fight. It will vastly improve his credibility (as an opponent of Vasquez) and credentials.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2008 11:19 am 
Offline
Light Heavyweight
User avatar

Joined: Thu May 01, 2008 3:42 pm
Posts: 1378
jmix wrote:
This thread appears to agree that Abe should go for the title especially against Molitor. The reason - an easier fight than against Vasquez. At the same time, Boom2x bashings continue to pour in.

I ask those critics, why not ABE vs DPDL or even Vasquez? Am I to assume that either two might expose ABE - the protected kid. Likewise, isn't it unfair to say Boom2x is inferior to ABE? Rey fought a murderous boxer in DPDL without any form of mental reservation. True, he lost in a humiliating fashion but credit that to immaturity. On the other hand, why Molitor for Abe? In the first place, why was it not Rey against Molitor - when it would have been an "easier" fight.

I just think that some of us need to re-evaluate our opinions in dissecting a boxer. I think most opinions here are prejudicial.

By the way, talk about age. In some threads, they won't allow AJ Banal to fight for world title since he is still young even if he is a matured fighter. What's the difference with Abe?


For me bro, I had no intention for bashing Rey in my posts. If I did so and you're a boom-boom fan sorry though, I mean no harm. I was just trying to set Rey as an example for Abe so that his opponents will be chosen wise. In fact, with Rey's experience of that humiliating defeat, I think he's now far more mature than Abe or even the rest of Filipino boxers (except to Manny and Gerry of course). But if you were Abe's promoter or trainer, would you prefer Abe to also experience what Rey did to become a better boxer? For me, I would just prefer him to take one step at a time. Just because Manny was able to do it doesn't mean all the rest will follow. I'd rather see him in different direction. I think he's a good boxer with high potentials to beat the likes of Vazquez, Marquez, or even DPDL. But for now, I'd like him to fight under the radar (hoping you understand what I mean) :P

_________________
"This is some prospect Bobby.
To me, he is every bit as exciting as Prince Naseem Hamed"
- Jim Lampley


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2008 12:29 pm 
Offline
Middleweight

Joined: Sat Nov 17, 2007 10:05 pm
Posts: 962
abe concepcion is too raw at this moment to fight vasquez, probably he needs 3 to 4 matches with rated boxers, before getting into fight with vasquez. as for this moment abe has no chance against vasquez, anyway abe concepcion is far better boxer and puncher than boom2x.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2008 8:25 pm 
Offline
Cruiserweight
User avatar

Joined: Wed May 09, 2007 5:05 pm
Posts: 2432
quimat wrote:
abe concepcion is too raw at this moment to fight vasquez, probably he needs 3 to 4 matches with rated boxers, before getting into fight with vasquez. as for this moment abe has no chance against vasquez, anyway abe concepcion is far better boxer and puncher than boom2x.



Abe dont know who is Israel Vasquez, he should fight Molitor where he has a chance, not Vasquez!!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2008 10:36 pm 
Offline
Featherweight
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 01, 2003 1:02 am
Posts: 58
vanhelsing wrote:
nobushino wrote:
Dagul_Denboy wrote:
Vasquez will murder Abe

the better match up for him is Molitor and let Boom2x take care of Vasquez



no offense bro, that's your opinion but with Boom2x reputation for being "hurt easily" I think Vasquez will just totally obliterate Boom2x and probably end his career. On the other hand, If it were Abe against Vasquez, I'd say Abe has a pretty decent chance but I still think Vasquez would still be too much for him. Concepcion should be going after either Molitor or at least Juanma Lopez, and for Boom2x still I would love too see a rematch with Ponce.


I would like to see a BoomBoom/DPDL rematch just to silence those non-believers.


What Non Believers? Those people who does not believe that BOOM2x has a weak chin?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2008 11:16 pm 
Offline
Welterweight

Joined: Mon Nov 26, 2007 2:09 pm
Posts: 230
Location: SOCAL
He'll have a better chance if he fights molitor. Too early for vasquez. Vasquez can bring the fight for the full 12 rounds.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2008 8:43 am 
Offline
Cruiserweight
User avatar

Joined: Wed May 09, 2007 5:05 pm
Posts: 2432
nobushino wrote:
Dagul_Denboy wrote:
Vasquez will murder Abe

the better match up for him is Molitor and let Boom2x take care of Vasquez



no offense bro, that's your opinion but with Boom2x reputation for being "hurt easily" I think Vasquez will just totally obliterate Boom2x and probably end his career. On the other hand, If it were Abe against Vasquez, I'd say Abe has a pretty decent chance but I still think Vasquez would still be too much for him. Concepcion should be going after either Molitor or at least Juanma Lopez, and for Boom2x still I would love too see a rematch with Ponce.


Why you include Bumx2 in Abe's thread? he is quitely eating Kalamay in bohol now, away from the Pacland haters! lol!

Abe has no chance against Vasquez, against Molitor would be yes!
Juan Ma is a big test for him.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2008 8:49 am 
Offline
Bantamweight

Joined: Wed May 31, 2006 12:51 pm
Posts: 34
Against Vasquez, Abe is going to suffer the same fate as Boom2x. Against Molitor I gave Abe a 50/50 chance of winning.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2008 9:20 am 
Offline
Middleweight

Joined: Wed Apr 09, 2008 11:19 am
Posts: 511
kabayan_pinoy wrote:
Against Vasquez, Abe is going to suffer the same fate as Boom2x. Against Molitor I gave Abe a 50/50 chance of winning.


I don't think so bro, If Abe trains Hard, he can beat Vazquez, just give the kid a chance to prove His ability, let him fight and live the consequences,,,


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2008 9:23 am 
Offline
Heavyweight
User avatar

Joined: Wed Nov 23, 2005 12:20 pm
Posts: 12707
Location: Yokohama
Aim high Abe but be ready in the consequences of falling but if you succeed, greatness is waiting in the horizon. 8)

_________________
“The fight is won or lost far away from the witnesses, behind the lines, in the gym, and out there on the road; long before I dance under those lights.” -Muhammad Ali


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2008 9:49 am 
Offline
Middleweight
User avatar

Joined: Sun May 06, 2007 3:31 pm
Posts: 968
skipper5398 wrote:
nobushino wrote:
Dagul_Denboy wrote:
Vasquez will murder Abe

the better match up for him is Molitor and let Boom2x take care of Vasquez



no offense bro, that's your opinion but with Boom2x reputation for being "hurt easily" I think Vasquez will just totally obliterate Boom2x and probably end his career. On the other hand, If it were Abe against Vasquez, I'd say Abe has a pretty decent chance but I still think Vasquez would still be too much for him. Concepcion should be going after either Molitor or at least Juanma Lopez, and for Boom2x still I would love too see a rematch with Ponce.


Why you include Bumx2 in Abe's thread? he is quitely eating Kalamay in bohol now, away from the Pacland haters! lol!

Abe has no chance against Vasquez, against Molitor would be yes!
Juan Ma is a big test for him.


Styles make fights bro, you can never tell. Juanma maybe a big test but you have to remeber, that guy ducked Abe already so that he'd get a sure ticket to a title shot against DPDL. Boxers, manager and promoters know the fighters to be wary about, for Juanma, Abe was one.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2008 11:21 am 
Offline
Light Heavyweight
User avatar

Joined: Thu May 01, 2008 3:42 pm
Posts: 1378
kabayan_pinoy wrote:
Against Vasquez, Abe is going to suffer the same fate as Boom2x. Against Molitor I gave Abe a 50/50 chance of winning.

Oh, you sure about that.....? Abe and Rey are 2 different boxers. No offense against Boom-boom fans but I think Abe can battle more with exchanging fists than Rey can.

_________________
"This is some prospect Bobby.
To me, he is every bit as exciting as Prince Naseem Hamed"
- Jim Lampley


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2008 1:44 pm 
Offline
Cruiserweight
User avatar

Joined: Tue Nov 27, 2007 1:04 pm
Posts: 3206
Location: Hostile Territory
I want to see first abe fighting rafael marquez before israel vazquez.

_________________
"KNOCK ME OUT AND YOU WIN" - Manny Pacquiao


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 55 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

All times are UTC + 8 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  

philboxing.com | pinoygreats.com
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group