Pacland's Philippine Boxing Forum

Discussion on boxing and other sports, Filipino greats and anything under the sun.
It is currently Mon Aug 19, 2019 2:37 pm

All times are UTC + 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 55 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2008 8:12 am 
Middleweight

gudz511 wrote:
FloatLikeAButterfly wrote:
I don't think so guys. Everything is being planned for in Abe's carrer, thanks to Bob Arum. Bob knows what he's doing for Abe so let's just trust him for that. Maybe its better when Abe would still tend to improve his skills by fighting bums first b4 going to top fighters like Vazquez and Marquez.

With regards to PacMan being a world champ b4 20, I'd say not everyone is Manny Pacquiao. Abe still has a bright future even if he's not yet a world champ. He don't haste his career cuz it could be very risky, unless he want to end up like "Boom-boom" Bautista who suffered a humiliating defeat. So be patient, just wait and Abe will have his time.

The key word is "humiliating". If ever Abe looses, I'm sure it will not be "humiliating". 8)

Abe wants to fight Vazquez to try His Luck and also to gain experience, not just to win
a championship title, Just like Boom2x went he fought Ponce, He gain expirience, and also
lessons,,,,,,,,,,

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2008 9:39 am 
Welterweight

This thread appears to agree that Abe should go for the title especially against Molitor. The reason - an easier fight than against Vasquez. At the same time, Boom2x bashings continue to pour in.

I ask those critics, why not ABE vs DPDL or even Vasquez? Am I to assume that either two might expose ABE - the protected kid. Likewise, isn't it unfair to say Boom2x is inferior to ABE? Rey fought a murderous boxer in DPDL without any form of mental reservation. True, he lost in a humiliating fashion but credit that to immaturity. On the other hand, why Molitor for Abe? In the first place, why was it not Rey against Molitor - when it would have been an "easier" fight.

I just think that some of us need to re-evaluate our opinions in dissecting a boxer. I think most opinions here are prejudicial.

By the way, talk about age. In some threads, they won't allow AJ Banal to fight for world title since he is still young even if he is a matured fighter. What's the difference with Abe?

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2008 10:08 am 
Light Heavyweight

I suggest Abe get past Molitor before taking on Vasquez because it is the more financially sound track to take. If Concepcion takes the title from Molitor, that would ratchet up his bargaining position for a Vasquez fight. It will vastly improve his credibility (as an opponent of Vasquez) and credentials.

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2008 11:19 am 
Light Heavyweight

jmix wrote:
This thread appears to agree that Abe should go for the title especially against Molitor. The reason - an easier fight than against Vasquez. At the same time, Boom2x bashings continue to pour in.

I ask those critics, why not ABE vs DPDL or even Vasquez? Am I to assume that either two might expose ABE - the protected kid. Likewise, isn't it unfair to say Boom2x is inferior to ABE? Rey fought a murderous boxer in DPDL without any form of mental reservation. True, he lost in a humiliating fashion but credit that to immaturity. On the other hand, why Molitor for Abe? In the first place, why was it not Rey against Molitor - when it would have been an "easier" fight.

I just think that some of us need to re-evaluate our opinions in dissecting a boxer. I think most opinions here are prejudicial.

By the way, talk about age. In some threads, they won't allow AJ Banal to fight for world title since he is still young even if he is a matured fighter. What's the difference with Abe?

For me bro, I had no intention for bashing Rey in my posts. If I did so and you're a boom-boom fan sorry though, I mean no harm. I was just trying to set Rey as an example for Abe so that his opponents will be chosen wise. In fact, with Rey's experience of that humiliating defeat, I think he's now far more mature than Abe or even the rest of Filipino boxers (except to Manny and Gerry of course). But if you were Abe's promoter or trainer, would you prefer Abe to also experience what Rey did to become a better boxer? For me, I would just prefer him to take one step at a time. Just because Manny was able to do it doesn't mean all the rest will follow. I'd rather see him in different direction. I think he's a good boxer with high potentials to beat the likes of Vazquez, Marquez, or even DPDL. But for now, I'd like him to fight under the radar (hoping you understand what I mean) :P

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2008 12:29 pm 
Middleweight

abe concepcion is too raw at this moment to fight vasquez, probably he needs 3 to 4 matches with rated boxers, before getting into fight with vasquez. as for this moment abe has no chance against vasquez, anyway abe concepcion is far better boxer and puncher than boom2x.

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2008 8:25 pm 
Cruiserweight

quimat wrote:
abe concepcion is too raw at this moment to fight vasquez, probably he needs 3 to 4 matches with rated boxers, before getting into fight with vasquez. as for this moment abe has no chance against vasquez, anyway abe concepcion is far better boxer and puncher than boom2x.

Abe dont know who is Israel Vasquez, he should fight Molitor where he has a chance, not Vasquez!!

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2008 10:36 pm 
Featherweight

vanhelsing wrote:
nobushino wrote:
Dagul_Denboy wrote:
Vasquez will murder Abe

the better match up for him is Molitor and let Boom2x take care of Vasquez

no offense bro, that's your opinion but with Boom2x reputation for being "hurt easily" I think Vasquez will just totally obliterate Boom2x and probably end his career. On the other hand, If it were Abe against Vasquez, I'd say Abe has a pretty decent chance but I still think Vasquez would still be too much for him. Concepcion should be going after either Molitor or at least Juanma Lopez, and for Boom2x still I would love too see a rematch with Ponce.

I would like to see a BoomBoom/DPDL rematch just to silence those non-believers.

What Non Believers? Those people who does not believe that BOOM2x has a weak chin?

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2008 11:16 pm 
Welterweight

He'll have a better chance if he fights molitor. Too early for vasquez. Vasquez can bring the fight for the full 12 rounds.

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2008 8:43 am 
Cruiserweight

nobushino wrote:
Dagul_Denboy wrote:
Vasquez will murder Abe

no offense bro, that's your opinion but with Boom2x reputation for being "hurt easily" I think Vasquez will just totally obliterate Boom2x and probably end his career. On the other hand, If it were Abe against Vasquez, I'd say Abe has a pretty decent chance but I still think Vasquez would still be too much for him. Concepcion should be going after either Molitor or at least Juanma Lopez, and for Boom2x still I would love too see a rematch with Ponce.

Why you include Bumx2 in Abe's thread? he is quitely eating Kalamay in bohol now, away from the Pacland haters! lol!

Abe has no chance against Vasquez, against Molitor would be yes!
Juan Ma is a big test for him.

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2008 8:49 am 
Bantamweight

Against Vasquez, Abe is going to suffer the same fate as Boom2x. Against Molitor I gave Abe a 50/50 chance of winning.

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2008 9:20 am 
Middleweight

kabayan_pinoy wrote:
Against Vasquez, Abe is going to suffer the same fate as Boom2x. Against Molitor I gave Abe a 50/50 chance of winning.

I don't think so bro, If Abe trains Hard, he can beat Vazquez, just give the kid a chance to prove His ability, let him fight and live the consequences,,,

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2008 9:23 am 
Heavyweight

Aim high Abe but be ready in the consequences of falling but if you succeed, greatness is waiting in the horizon. 8)

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2008 9:49 am 
Middleweight

skipper5398 wrote:
nobushino wrote:
Dagul_Denboy wrote:
Vasquez will murder Abe

Why you include Bumx2 in Abe's thread? he is quitely eating Kalamay in bohol now, away from the Pacland haters! lol!

Abe has no chance against Vasquez, against Molitor would be yes!
Juan Ma is a big test for him.

Styles make fights bro, you can never tell. Juanma maybe a big test but you have to remeber, that guy ducked Abe already so that he'd get a sure ticket to a title shot against DPDL. Boxers, manager and promoters know the fighters to be wary about, for Juanma, Abe was one.

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2008 11:21 am 
Light Heavyweight

kabayan_pinoy wrote:

Oh, you sure about that.....? Abe and Rey are 2 different boxers. No offense against Boom-boom fans but I think Abe can battle more with exchanging fists than Rey can.

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2008 1:44 pm 
Cruiserweight

I want to see first abe fighting rafael marquez before israel vazquez.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 55 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next