Pacland's Philippine Boxing Forum

Discussion on boxing and other sports, Filipino greats and anything under the sun.
It is currently Thu Dec 18, 2014 6:30 pm

All times are UTC + 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 466 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 32  Next
PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 3:21 am 
Heavyweight

daapat pinasikat ang "OTSO OTSO" ,mas ok pa ang kembot sa otso otso

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 5:05 am 
Heavyweight

batang kamuning wrote:
daapat pinasikat ang "OTSO OTSO" ,mas ok pa ang kembot sa otso otso

It doesn't have to become an international hit. first just learn to love and enjoy our own art. When pinoys will have fun and feel for own local beat matched with innovative music video, it can go viral. Si bayani naman walang ka porma porma kaya baduy ang dating ng music nya

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 5:45 am 
Heavyweight

Manny Pookyaw wrote:
don robert wrote:
Madonna dances 'Gangnam Style' with Psy
Posted at 11/15/2012 11:02 AM

Madonna performed with Korean rapper Psy during her concert at Madison Square Garden in New York City. The two performed the song "Give It 2 Me" and Psy's hit dance craze "Gangnam Style." Umagang Kay Ganda, November 15, 2012

http://www.abs-cbnnews.com/video/entertainment/11/15/12/madonna-dances-gangnam-style-psy

remember this comment by ka freddie that almost everyone laughed at?

Quote:
“E, pinatotohanan lang ang sinabi ni Mariah Carey na tayong mga Filipino ay mga unggoy. Kasi, wala tayong sarili, gaya-gaya lang tayo. Nasa Amerika ka na, binigyan ka na ng pagkakataon na kumanta sa Oprah, bakit kumanta ka pa ng kanta ni Celine Dion? Sinabi ni Mariah na mga unggoy ang Filipino, gaya-gaya lang kayo, e, di napatunayan nga, totoo nga. “Kasi, di ba, what monkeys see, monkeys do. Dapat ang kinanta niya, bakit hindi ‘Dahil Sa Iyo’ o kaya ay kahit ano, basta kantang Filipino? O kaya Visayan, Ilocano… lalo siyang sisikat sa buong mundo nun,” Freddie says.”

Rapper PSY sang his way to the billboard charts growling in mostly korean lyrics, yet the world is dancing to it...

may i ask what are the original filipino songs that are dansable? hoping you and freddie got my point.

like ka freddie's emotional critics, you did not get his point. it's not about "dansable".

the point of Ka Freddie, which he had been widely criticized by Charice/Arnel fans, was to be known by singing your own song in Filipino. Ka Freddie was condemned for his opinions. but he has been proven right by PSY's Gangnam Style, sang mostly in korean words.

sure, singers like Charice and Arnel are great singers. but no one can deny that they are but copy-cats. Charice was easily identified because she can sing and belt difficult songs LIKE Whitney Houston, Celine Dion, and etc. Or Arnel can belt songs LIKE Steve Perry did then with Journey.

compare this to PSY, whose Gangnam Style was sang mostly in korean. does it not prove ka freddie right? of course it does.

funny thing is this little trivia: i read that Freddie Aguilar's Anak has been reported to have reached no. 2 in the billboard chart back in the 80s. this is the same position that PSYs song, Gangnam Style, reached and stayed on recently for several weeks.

now, can anyone update everyone what has been the highest position of Charice or Arnel's song in the Billboard charts?

if they did better than Ka Freddie, i would agree he was wrong and he should have shut up.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 5:48 am 
Light Heavyweight

darren_simion wrote:
Tinawag ba talaga ni Mariah Carey na unggoy ang mga pinoy? :shock:

Balita nga yan dati nung 90's pa...ang nangyari kasi, may napanuod daw na video ng isang performance ni Regine Velasquez si Mariah...at nag-comment daw si Mariah nun ng "So the brown monkey can sing?"....nung nalaman yun ni Regine, simula nun di na sya nag-cover ng Mariah Carey songs....:)

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 5:56 am 
Heavyweight

ako_barok wrote:

don robert wrote:

Madonna performed with Korean rapper Psy during her concert at Madison Square Garden in New York City. The two performed the song "Give It 2 Me" and Psy's hit dance craze "Gangnam Style." Umagang Kay Ganda, November 15, 2012

http://www.abs-cbnnews.com/video/entertainment/11/15/12/madonna-dances-gangnam-style-psy

Quote:
“E, pinatotohanan lang ang sinabi ni Mariah Carey na tayong mga Filipino ay mga unggoy. Kasi, wala tayong sarili, gaya-gaya lang tayo. Nasa Amerika ka na, binigyan ka na ng pagkakataon na kumanta sa Oprah, bakit kumanta ka pa ng kanta ni Celine Dion? Sinabi ni Mariah na mga unggoy ang Filipino, gaya-gaya lang kayo, e, di napatunayan nga, totoo nga. “Kasi, di ba, what monkeys see, monkeys do. Dapat ang kinanta niya, bakit hindi ‘Dahil Sa Iyo’ o kaya ay kahit ano, basta kantang Filipino? O kaya Visayan, Ilocano… lalo siyang sisikat sa buong mundo nun,” Freddie says.”

Rapper PSY sang his way to the billboard charts growling in mostly korean lyrics, yet the world is dancing to it...

Gangnam Style clicked not because of its Korean lyrics
but because of its musicality. You could replace Korean with
French, Russian, Swahili, and wait--even Tagalog (or any
local dialect) and the music (video) would still click.

The real test for Psy(cho) is if he records another song in
Korean that will top the Billboard charts, again. If he does,
then Freddie Aguilar can start gloating. Otherwise, the
William Hung effect only proves itself right--yet again.
The Macarena would be so proud.

PSY has nothing to prove. he did that already. c'mon!

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 6:05 am 
Heavyweight

Quote:

now, can anyone update everyone what has been the highest position of Charice or Arnel's song in the Billboard charts?

if they did better than Ka Freddie, i would agree he was wrong and he should have shut up.

Anak reached number 2 in the Billboard Chart ? Not in the US I think. It was number 2 worldwide after several foreign translations.

PSY btw who is rapping in Korean is still using a western genre, rapping. Is that really original ?
Freddie himself if you really examine his songs, you can tell they have Don McLean influence.
EVERYONE pretty much borrows from some other performers. Nobody is really original anymore I think.
What Charice and Arnel have done was expose the Philippines as a viable talent source for a world class band or composer.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 6:20 am 
Heavyweight

What Freddie Aguilar said would have been ok if the tone was ok. Inggit iyong dating.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 7:36 am 
Light Heavyweight

No, hindi tama si Ka Freddie.

Kasi kung tama sya, eh di dapat sikat pa rin sya hanggang ngayon. Tanong, sikat pa rin ba sya?
Kung sikat pa rin sya eh di dapat ang inaatupag nya eh yung pag coconcert o paggawa nya ng kanta.
Hindi yung pagpuna nya sa mga kinaiigitan nyang mga bagong Pinoy Artist.

Yes, he's entitled to his own opinion, but no one asked for his advice.
If that is his advice, considering his fame status, I think it's the wrong kind of advice.
Hindi pa ba sya nadala na laos na sya, gusto pa nyang tularan sya ng mga bagong artist?

I don't like Charice and I think "Anak" is a masterpiece.
But he should give this girl a break. Let her find her own way and learn from her mistakes.
If she asks him of his opinion then he should give it.
Eh nangyayari napaka hipocrito naman ni Ka Freddie.
Music and entertainment business is not the same as before.
So kahit na anong klaseng experience meron ka at veterano ka na, your ways may not always work in today's standard.

When I was learning music, I learned that not all ears can appreciate certain complexity of music.
Basically, the more simpler or basic the chords or melody are, the more people will appreciate it because their hearing is limited.
This is why a 2-4 chord song can be a hit while an orchestra playing complicated bach or mozart never attracted the mainstream.
They just don't have ears to appreciate different variations and complexity of the piece.

That is why Gangnam style is so popular. Because the melody is very simple. Everyone who hears it can appreciate it.
No matter if you understand the lyrics. I have a collection of Chinese, Japanese, Indonesian songs that I have no idea what they're saying.
But I love it and I listen to them all the time.

So ka Freddie, wag ko sanang mapanood sa youtube na nagsasayaw ka ng gangnam style hipocrito ka!

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 8:22 am 
Heavyweight

JoeyInCali wrote:
Quote:

Anak reached number 2 in the Billboard Chart ? Not in the US I think. It was number 2 worldwide after several foreign translations.

PSY btw who is rapping in Korean is still using a western genre, rapping. Is that really original ?
Freddie himself if you really examine his songs, you can tell they have Don McLean influence.
EVERYONE pretty much borrows from some other performers. Nobody is really original anymore I think.
What Charice and Arnel have done was expose the Philippines as a viable talent source for a world class band or composer.

i just read it was no. 2 in billboard. even if we say "worldwide", has Charice or Arnel surpassed that?

Rap or ballad, folk or rock, the music is only the "vehicle". the one Ka Freddie is pointing out is making that "vehicle" Filipino. that was what PSY and Ka Freddie did - they sang original songs in their native tounge.

kaya when you hear "Anak", you think of Ka Freddie. when you hear "Gangnam Style" you think of PSY.

compare this to: when you hear "I will always love you", you think of Whitney Houston. When you hear "Faithfully" you think of Journey/Steve Perry.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 9:00 am 
Heavyweight

Psy has latched himself onto a music video that pokes fun at
itself. Gangnam Style just happens to have Korean lyrics. As
I've said before, you can replace the words using other languages
and the song would still work.

El Bimbo, a song that is mostly instrumental, had its run, but the
origin of the lyrics didn't matter--it was the musicality. Bimbo Jet
was a French euro disco group that originally popularized this
song with Latino influence.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=deXt2lkMpZU

Take the lyrics out of El Bimbo and it won't matter. The melody
and the mood of the times carried the song. It is not about the
language of the lyrics for this particular song.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yKFa0u04pUs

Psy has nothing to prove--that may well be true--if he's contented
playing the likes of Austin Powers or Mr. Bean in a song that has been
injected with a ditty that happened to be, Korean. Willam Hung didn't
prove anything either.

don robert wrote:
ako_barok wrote:

Gangnam Style clicked not because of its Korean lyrics
but because of its musicality. You could replace Korean with
French, Russian, Swahili, and wait--even Tagalog (or any
local dialect) and the music (video) would still click.

The real test for Psy(cho) is if he records another song in
Korean that will top the Billboard charts, again. If he does,
then Freddie Aguilar can start gloating. Otherwise, the
William Hung effect only proves itself right--yet again.
The Macarena would be so proud.

PSY has nothing to prove. he did that already. c'mon!

Last edited by ako_barok on Fri Nov 16, 2012 9:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 9:08 am 
Heavyweight

don robert wrote:

Quote:

Hearing an artist's song isn't exactly as pleasant as hearing his opinions. Charles Chaplin was a cinematic genius, he could tickle your rib with just a slight contortion of his face. But he could turn people off just as quick muttering only a few naive and bigoted political views. Reminds us of Manny pacquiao today. Adored but u don't always agree with whatever he says. We should know where to draw the line between reality and hypocrisy. Celebrities are humans too, some are sensible, some are full of $hit and some are just are simply full of themselves. It ain't hard to see where Ka Freddie is. Don't get me wrong, for me Freddie is one of the best homegrown talents we have. He is the only Pinoy artist whose albums i collected.. Kumusta ka is my favorite OPM song of all time. Not much of a song really in terms of ingenuity but its impact and significance to my life was precious. Suggesting to perform Dahil Sa Yo or iconic native Filipino songs in Oprah instead is not just a thoughtless, jealous statement but one would suspect Freddie could be high on something during the interview. It's like throwing stones from a glass house. What was he thinking? Would Oprah allow an unheard, indiscernable foreign song to reach her American audience? As music fans, we know well when to take our idols' statements seriously and when to turn on our music player and listen to their songs instead.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 9:28 am 
Heavyweight

May hit na siya kaya pwede na siyang sumabay sa mga masters!

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 9:41 am 
Middleweight

Just asking, kung ganon, unggoy din ba ang The Lettermen dahil kinanta nila ang Dahil Sa "yo?

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 9:51 am 
Heavyweight

don robert wrote:
Manny Pookyaw wrote:

may i ask what are the original filipino songs that are dansable? hoping you and freddie got my point.

like ka freddie's emotional critics, you did not get his point. it's not about "dansable".

the point of Ka Freddie, which he had been widely criticized by Charice/Arnel fans, was to be known by singing your own song in Filipino. Ka Freddie was condemned for his opinions. but he has been proven right by PSY's Gangnam Style, sang mostly in korean words.

sure, singers like Charice and Arnel are great singers. but no one can deny that they are but copy-cats. Charice was easily identified because she can sing and belt difficult songs LIKE Whitney Houston, Celine Dion, and etc. Or Arnel can belt songs LIKE Steve Perry did then with Journey.

compare this to PSY, whose Gangnam Style was sang mostly in korean. does it not prove ka freddie right? of course it does.

funny thing is this little trivia: i read that Freddie Aguilar's Anak has been reported to have reached no. 2 in the billboard chart back in the 80s. this is the same position that PSYs song, Gangnam Style, reached and stayed on recently for several weeks.

if they did better than Ka Freddie, i would agree he was wrong and he should have shut up.[/quote]

80's was the golden years of pinoy music I think.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 10:00 am 
Heavyweight

MARIAH CAREY covered this songs:

1. I'll Be There
2. Against All Odds
3. Here Comes Santa Clause
4. I Want To Know What Love Is
5. Inseparable
6. Open Arms
7. Without You

Which makes her not just a monkey but a Gorilla.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 466 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 32  Next