everything is in the net nowadays, no need for long explanation just ctrl +c and ctrl +v and voila
"One is a language when another person who speaks a different language does not understand the person who speaks it."
- Cebuano and Filipino are languages.
- Filipino and English are languages.
* They are unintelligible.
- Cebuano from Bohol and Cebuano from Davao are dialect of the language CEBUANO. Bohol and Davao can understand because they belong to the same language. Thus, cebuano from bohol and cebuano from davao are dialects of the same language.
- British and AMerican are dialects of the same language, English.
- Tagalog (Filipino) from Batangas is a dialect of the same language Filipino.
- Ibanag is a language.
Cebuano is a language and can never be a dialect. Dialects of Cebuano include:
1. Cebuano from Cebu
2. Cebuano from Bohol
3. Cebuano from Davao and other provinces in Mindanao.
4. etc. as long as the dialects are intelligible.
- they differ in variations (i.e. vocabulary and deletion of letters)
Cebuano from Cebu: Kalayo (fire)
Cebuano from Bohol: Kayo (fire)
** still intelligble
Cebuano from Cebu: Balay (house)
Cebuano from Bohol: Bay (house)
** still intelligible
According to Ethnologue, Filipino and English are the national languages in the Philippines and among the 171 distinct languages in the country, 13 are indigenous languages, including Tagalog, Cebuano, Hiligaynon, Waray-Waray, Ilokano, Kapampangan, Bikol, Albay Bikol, Maranao, Kinaray-a, Pangasinan, Tausug and Maguindanao, which have more than one million native speakers.