Pacland's Philippine Boxing Forum

Discussion on boxing and other sports, Filipino greats and anything under the sun.
It is currently Sat Jul 26, 2014 2:16 am

All times are UTC + 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 466 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 32  Next
PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 2:23 pm 
Light Heavyweight

golden lily wrote:
mangingisda wrote:
"Anak" of Freddie was sung in at least 13 international languages during the late70's and early 80's

yes, but do you consider 13 languages worldwide?hardly, philippines alone has more than 13 languages :shock:

Hmmm. Can you give some? or you mean dialects?

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 2:29 pm 
Light Heavyweight

rjunz1 wrote:
golden lily wrote:
mangingisda wrote:
"Anak" of Freddie was sung in at least 13 international languages during the late70's and early 80's

yes, but do you consider 13 languages worldwide?hardly, philippines alone has more than 13 languages :shock:

Hmmm. Can you give some? or you mean dialects?

languages not dialects,as per my reliable source.....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Languages_ ... hilippines

wiki :shock:
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Money will come and go. We all know that. The most important thing in life will always be the people in this room. Right here, right now. Salute, mi familia - Dom

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 2:40 pm 
Light Heavyweight

"Language is said to be the more generally accepted tongue of a country. This means that the dialect is just the homely version of the language."

Ok. I can't argue you with that.

Last edited by rjunz1 on Fri Nov 16, 2012 2:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 2:41 pm 
Heavyweight

Many here don't get Freddie's point. If you're on a world stage, you should promote your own music. Your originality. That's where people will buy your record if they will appreciate it. But if you want to impress the world by singing a Celine Dion song, then most people will buy a Celine Dion record instead. Cause she's the original singer. Thanks to Charice for promoting it for her.
Di bale kung small bar lang yang kinantahan nya. Then it's ok to sing cover songs. 'Cause you can sing there every night. But singing in an Oprah show is a once in a lifetime chance.
But i think on the side of Charice, she don't have an original material to promote at that time.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 2:49 pm 
Light Heavyweight

everything is in the net nowadays, no need for long explanation just ctrl +c and ctrl +v and voila :shock:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

"One is a language when another person who speaks a different language does not understand the person who speaks it."

- Cebuano and Filipino are languages.
- Filipino and English are languages.
* They are unintelligible.

- Cebuano from Bohol and Cebuano from Davao are dialect of the language CEBUANO. Bohol and Davao can understand because they belong to the same language. Thus, cebuano from bohol and cebuano from davao are dialects of the same language.

- British and AMerican are dialects of the same language, English.
- Tagalog (Filipino) from Batangas is a dialect of the same language Filipino.

- Ibanag is a language.

Cebuano is a language and can never be a dialect. Dialects of Cebuano include:
1. Cebuano from Cebu
2. Cebuano from Bohol
3. Cebuano from Davao and other provinces in Mindanao.
4. etc. as long as the dialects are intelligible.

- they differ in variations (i.e. vocabulary and deletion of letters)

Cebuano from Cebu: Kalayo (fire)
Cebuano from Bohol: Kayo (fire)
** still intelligble

Cebuano from Cebu: Balay (house)
Cebuano from Bohol: Bay (house)

** still intelligible

According to Ethnologue, Filipino and English are the national languages in the Philippines and among the 171 distinct languages in the country, 13 are indigenous languages, including Tagalog, Cebuano, Hiligaynon, Waray-Waray, Ilokano, Kapampangan, Bikol, Albay Bikol, Maranao, Kinaray-a, Pangasinan, Tausug and Maguindanao, which have more than one million native speakers.

Money will come and go. We all know that. The most important thing in life will always be the people in this room. Right here, right now. Salute, mi familia - Dom

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 3:47 pm 
Light Heavyweight

10cc wrote:
Many here don't get Freddie's point. If you're on a world stage, you should promote your own music. Your originality. That's where people will buy your record if they will appreciate it. But if you want to impress the world by singing a Celine Dion song, then most people will buy a Celine Dion record instead. Cause she's the original singer. Thanks to Charice for promoting it for her.
Di bale kung small bar lang yang kinantahan nya. Then it's ok to sing cover songs. 'Cause you can sing there every night. But singing in an Oprah show is a once in a lifetime chance.
But i think on the side of Charice, she don't have an original material to promote at that time.

I don't think so,but he's entitled to his own opinion as well as you.

How can you promote your own music when only a handful of people can understand what you're saying? The song must have an international appeal ,a catchy beat/tune and most of them has one liner english phrase that would be repeated over and over again so that international listeners will have something to relate to,even when they don't undstand the rest of the lyrics.

In our music industry, songs that uses local languages are not yet there in terms of making a global impact. Maybe our composers are targetting mainly filipino audiences because of the stiff competition in the local scene,so why cater to an international audience? aside from the fact that music industry in our country is pretty f$#%ed up too.

Bebot is the closest thing that came to my mind when talking about international appeal but I can't say that it made a world wide splash during it's peak in popularity. I can't speak for anak because I'm not yet alive when it conquered the airwaves in the 70's and 80's but I'm guessing people in india are clueless about that song.

Lea Salonga did not achieved international prominence by singing tagalog or visayan songs either.
So what I'm basically saying is...freddie has some nerves to tell others to sing tagalog,visayan or ilocano songs and expect them to gain world wide adulation in ...oprah? :shock: ,a pretty dumb statement if you ask me :lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 3:51 pm 
Heavyweight

charice performed "anak"

el critico wrote:
another surprise performer, sang “Anak” by Freddie Aguilar with Charice

http://www.mb.com.ph/articles/210216/ch ... -pcd-songs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=POTyEkQnta8

:biglaugh:

viewtopic.php?f=97&t=138313&start=0

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 4:00 pm 
Cruiserweight

don robert wrote:
Madonna dances 'Gangnam Style' with Psy
Posted at 11/15/2012 11:02 AM

Madonna performed with Korean rapper Psy during her concert at Madison Square Garden in New York City. The two performed the song "Give It 2 Me" and Psy's hit dance craze "Gangnam Style." Umagang Kay Ganda, November 15, 2012

http://www.abs-cbnnews.com/video/entertainment/11/15/12/madonna-dances-gangnam-style-psy

remember this comment by ka freddie that almost everyone laughed at?

Quote:
“E, pinatotohanan lang ang sinabi ni Mariah Carey na tayong mga Filipino ay mga unggoy. Kasi, wala tayong sarili, gaya-gaya lang tayo. Nasa Amerika ka na, binigyan ka na ng pagkakataon na kumanta sa Oprah, bakit kumanta ka pa ng kanta ni Celine Dion? Sinabi ni Mariah na mga unggoy ang Filipino, gaya-gaya lang kayo, e, di napatunayan nga, totoo nga. “Kasi, di ba, what monkeys see, monkeys do. Dapat ang kinanta niya, bakit hindi ‘Dahil Sa Iyo’ o kaya ay kahit ano, basta kantang Filipino? O kaya Visayan, Ilocano… lalo siyang sisikat sa buong mundo nun,” Freddie says.”

Rapper PSY sang his way to the billboard charts growling in mostly korean lyrics, yet the world is dancing to it...

CRAB FORUM !

AND STUPID THINKING !

NASA AMERIKA KA,

KAKANTA KA NG PURO TAGALOG ?

MAGISIP KA NGA, OY :stump:

BUTI PA MGA HANOROBLE MODS

LOCK THIS T.

NAKAKARAMI NA :twisted:

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 5:00 pm 
Heavyweight

freewheeze wrote:
willie nelson

ka freddie

:biglaugh:

dapat salokot or any native hat ang suot ni ka predi... :biglaugh:

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 5:13 pm 
Cruiserweight

Nung isilang ka sa mundong ito.
Anak ka rin ng tatay mo.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 5:29 pm 
Cruiserweight

People here are forgetting the fact that Gangnam style became globally famous not because of its great music.
It's because of its funny and stupid-looking dancing style. :mrgreen:

It's so easy. You want to go viral & be famous? Just do something stupid and upload.
We watched that video not because we want to listen to a great music but because we wanted to laugh at PSY.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 5:31 pm 
Light Heavyweight

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

"Anak" (Filipino for child or more accurately my son or my daughter) is a Tagalog song written by Filipino folk-singer Freddie Aguilar. It was a finalist for the inaugural 1977 Metropop Song Festival held in Manila. It became an international hit, and was translated into 26 languages.[1] The lyrics speak of Filipino family values.[2]

I have to agree with Freddie on this issue even if I prefer listening to Jose Marie Chan's songs.

Both Pinoy singers/composers have the highest degree of originality with their songs. :D

"I defend PAC on OSDT and Catchweight Issues; Not his Traditional Politics and Religious Exploits." ...RC

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 5:42 pm 
Heavyweight

It is not the music, it is all about the dance "Gangnam Style" :mrgreen:

Para naman kay Ka Freddie, inggit lang yan :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 6:03 pm 
Light Heavyweight

All creation is good. Laughing at ones physical looks is like teasing the Creator. Man cannot make even a single hair. Who made the blind?? The special kids?? The man with no nose, ears, feat, arms?? The Creator! (using the parents). There is already the science of cloning, but the cell use to form are taken from the 'original creation'. Some musicians & wealthy individuals like Mariah do not believe anymore to the Creator because they are already blinded by the god of this world. Pitty on them and good for us because we believe on the existence of the Creator! 8)

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 6:11 pm 
Light Heavyweight

andycastro wrote:
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

"Anak" (Filipino for child or more accurately my son or my daughter) is a Tagalog song written by Filipino folk-singer Freddie Aguilar. It was a finalist for the inaugural 1977 Metropop Song Festival held in Manila. It became an international hit, and was translated into 26 languages.[1] The lyrics speak of Filipino family values.[2]

I have to agree with Freddie on this issue even if I prefer listening to Jose Marie Chan's songs.

Both Pinoy singers/composers have the highest degree of originality with their songs. :D

Para naman doon sa mga nagalit kay Freddie dahil sa pag-kukumpara sa unggoy.
Hindi siya ang unang nagsabi, kundi si Maraya. Bakit kay Maraya ay mukhang ok lang
pero pagdating kay Freddie ay talangka na ang bansag? Ang punto ni Freddie ay ganito:

Sa mga susunod na mga henerasyon ng kantang pang-internasyonal, maaalala pa kaya at
maipagmalaki ng mga Pinoy ang mga kanta ni Charice, Arnel o kahit ang fav kong si JM Chan,
kaysa mga kanta ni Freddie? Palagay ko "Anak" lang ang mangingibabaw, kung di na makagawa
ng kantang TANGNANG STYLE si Ogie Alcasid at Michael V. :D

"I defend PAC on OSDT and Catchweight Issues; Not his Traditional Politics and Religious Exploits." ...RC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 466 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 32  Next