Pacland's Philippine Boxing Forum

Discussion on boxing and other sports, Filipino greats and anything under the sun.
It is currently Thu Oct 24, 2019 1:23 pm

All times are UTC + 8 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 249 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 17  Next
PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2008 5:47 pm 
Light Heavyweight

cinderella_man wrote:
palpok wrote:
This is the logic that we need to answer...

1.) How can Manny really hurt Oscar?
2.) How much damage can Oscar give Manny?

What if Manny out-boxed Oscar come fight night using his speed and uncanny boxing technique does this logic of yours apply? just asking... 8)

Ok... We play what if! What if Oscar despite of manny's uncanny speed lands a haymaker similar as what mayorga got?

What are the chances of the following:
1.) Manny with his uncanny speed out boxed Oscar(Oscar being a good boxer himself). Or,
2.) Oscar hitting Manny his haymaker. As EYB mentioned, Larios, Diaz, MAB, etc hit him, why not Oscar?

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2008 5:49 pm 
Welterweight

..............but still I want to see the fight. and i'm not counting out the Pac

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2008 5:55 pm 
Heavyweight

What caused ODLH to kissed the canvass when he fought BHOP????

body shot........ :shock:

This will be the lethal weapon of the Pacman...BODY SHOT......

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2008 5:55 pm 
Welterweight

Mayorga got it better

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2008 5:56 pm 
Light Heavyweight

killer.kamatis wrote:
If middleweight Ricardo Mayorga looks like s#!t when he was KOed by Oscar Dela Hoya, what else Pacman will looks like? :( :( :(

I hope this video will enlighten the nuthuggers!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FQCVeMR2 ... re=related

It's like almost everyday you have something to say about this mismatch, I can't imagine if you're gonna do this everyday until Dec.6, I think you already made 30topics discussing why Pac won't stand a chance against DLH. It's still three months before the fight, God help us all if youre gonna do this everyday.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2008 5:57 pm 
Cruiserweight

If in the past we say that boxing is also a business, then u can't have a better working example of such idea than dela hoya-pacquiao mismatch. There are more questions than answers regarding this fight. First off, can manny handle oskees dreaded left hook? Second, can manny hurt oskee seriously? Third, can the added weight make manny move slower or slappy?...and so on and so forth. U don't need to have a college degree to decipher things. Dela hoya - pacquiao mismatch is 90 percent business and 10 percent boxing. But dont get me wrong mga bros and sis, i'm a packy fan too but i just dont want him to be seriously hurt. Good thing though, noone can predict what the future holds for us same goes to boxing.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2008 5:58 pm 
Heavyweight

palpok wrote:
cinderella_man wrote:
palpok wrote:

What if Manny out-boxed Oscar come fight night using his speed and uncanny boxing technique does this logic of yours apply? just asking... 8)

Ok... We play what if! What if Oscar despite of manny's uncanny speed lands a haymaker similar as what mayorga got?

1.) Manny with his uncanny speed out boxed Oscar(Oscar being a good boxer himself). Or,
2.) Oscar hitting Manny his haymaker. As EYB mentioned, Larios, Diaz, MAB, etc hit him, why not Oscar?

we are talking uncertainty here right?

Manny is not a wild puncher like Mayorga to be counter-punched by Oscar.
Oscar punches seems to be slower compared to Larios, Diaz, MAB because of his size & age.
Manny will not offer his chin like Mayotga did for Oscar to have a free shots.
Yes, Oscar is a good boxer before he met Sugar Shane and Pretty boy.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2008 6:04 pm 
Heavyweight

Remember Pacman is the pound for pound king....He will not fight ODLH if he knows that he doesnt have the chance to beat him....

Mayorga is a fool but Pacman has the heart of the champion and not easily intimidated by the size of ODLH...

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2008 6:04 pm 
Heavyweight

Desert Fox wrote:

think about this. of all oscar's opponent, only bhop did it. what did bhop got but others didnt have? size. he was bigger than hoya. bhop was a natural middleweight then.

you want to say, if bhop did it, why not pac?

pac will not ba a natural welterweight-er.
pac will not be bigger than hoya.
pac does not have the fast-lead-and-clinch-release-smother-punch style.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2008 6:05 pm 
Light Heavyweight

cinderella_man wrote:
cinderella_man wrote:
palpok wrote:

Oscar punches seems to be slower compared to Larios, Diaz, MAB because of his size & age.

So what does you believe has bigger chance?

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2008 6:06 pm 
Heavyweight

Desert Fox wrote:
Remember Pacman is the pound for pound king....He will not fight ODLH if he knows that he doesnt have the chance to beat him....

Mayorga is a fool but Pacman has the heart of the champion and not easily intimidated by the size of ODLH...

Agree, Oscar also once lost to a P4P king? hehehe

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2008 6:15 pm 
Heavyweight

palpok wrote:
cinderella_man wrote:
cinderella_man wrote:

So what does you believe has bigger chance?

both fighters have their own advantage and disadvantage that makes this fight interesting.

If Manny can utilize his quickness to avoid and land his punches, He might win and I will not be surprised if he can KO Oscar in the closing round.

If Oscar can dictate the tempo of the fight, use his physical advantage (size, height and reach) Manny will have a hard time in this fight. Oscar should be the aggressor and cut the ring because Manny is too quick for him but I doubt if he can sustain this kind of battle plan in 12 rounds.

Manny by UD (TKO is just a bonus)...

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2008 6:21 pm 
Light Heavyweight

cinderella_man wrote:

both fighters have their own advantage and disadvantage that makes this fight interesting.

If Manny can utilize his quickness to avoid and land his punches, He might win and I will not be surprised if he can KO Oscar in the closing round.

If Oscar can dictate the tempo of the fight, use his physical advantage (size, height and reach) Manny will have a hard time in this fight. Oscar should be the aggressor and cut the ring because Manny is too quick for him but I doubt if he can sustain this kind of battle plan in 12 rounds.

Manny by UD (TKO is just a bonus)...

The fight is already booked. I really don't care if PacMan will win. He will have his money... But I only hope he will be okay after the fight...

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2008 6:25 pm 
Middleweight

cinderella_man wrote:
Mayorga cannot be used as a barometer for Pac vs DLH.

WHY?

1. Oscar fought Mayorga 2 years ago. it means Oscar got 2 years older and not better while Manny got better and in his prime now.

2. Mayorga does not have Manny's athleticism at amazing speed. If Oscar can land his potent left hook to a sitting duck Mayorga, I doubt if he can hit Manny as easy as that.

The problem with Mayorga is that he has one style of trying to intimidate his opponents like he did to Forrest. Unfortunately for him DLHY came prepared for his style and didnt budge from the get go. With no plan B Mayorga got KO'd

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2008 6:28 pm 
Heavyweight

EYB wrote:
Desert Fox wrote:

think about this. of all oscar's opponent, only bhop did it. what did bhop got but others didnt have? size. he was bigger than hoya. bhop was a natural middleweight then.

you want to say, if bhop did it, why not pac?

pac will not ba a natural welterweight-er.
pac will not be bigger than hoya.
pac does not have the fast-lead-and-clinch-release-smother-punch style.

If Pacman will not punch, then its impossible....

Let us see on Dec 6... EYB. :)

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 249 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 17  Next