Pacland's Philippine Boxing Forum

Discussion on boxing and other sports, Filipino greats and anything under the sun.
It is currently Sun Oct 22, 2017 2:36 pm

All times are UTC + 8 hours

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 9:22 am 
Heavyweight

JMM became the shadow of Manny Pacquiao since they fought in a draw, he seems like the tail of Pacquiao and cant refrain his mouth to utter the name of Manny Pacquiao particularly during the interviews. It became more worst when he suffered a split decision lost on their second fight. There were a lot of complains from him and even from his team. If you are a Psychologist, how do you read the mind of JMM? Is it about envy/jealous? A secret admiration to Pacquiao? Is it about money? Why this man cant remove from his mind the name Pacquiao? Why is it that it is only Pacquiao on his mind despite the fact that he also lost to another boxer? Lately, when Pacquiao moves up to lightweight JMM also follows. When Pacquiao beat David Diaz, JMM also stated that he will surpass that win when he will fight Casamayor and even belittled the skills of David Diaz but unfortunalely JMM was unable to surpass that KO win of Pacquiao over Diaz in 9th round although JMM also won over Casamayor by TKO but it only happened in the 11th round. Now, Pacquiao is fighting Oscar Dela Hoya in a heavier weight, will JMM also follow Pacquiao’s move? Or this time will JMM admit to himself that he can’t really match Pacquiao’s ability and accomplishments unless Dela Hoya will also offer JMM to fight him. Finally, what will be the next move of JMM if Pacquiao will announce his retirement? Is JMM also going to retire and admit to himself that he can’t really match Pacquiao’s greatness?

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 9:51 am 
Bantamweight

My money is on JMM still fighting long after Manny retires...Until he is considered one of the Best boxers to come out of Mexico.He still has a long way to go for that one!

He is coming close to out doing Barrera and Morales..But first he must clear out the Lightweight Division for this one.If he does this.. then and only then will surpass Barrera and Morales.

About being the best Mexican Boxer ever.. I'm almost sure he can't reach that high..way to many Great Mexican fighter legends to compete with..not just 1 maybe 2 at most.The bar is set so high for Mexican boxers.

Julio Cesar Chavez
Ruben Olivares
Carlos Zarate
Ricardo Lopez
Vicente Saldivar
Miguel Canto
Kid Azteca

the list goes on

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 9:56 am 
Heavyweight

pac fans are only the ones thinking that JMM is resentful to pac.
there are people who thought jmm won. thats the reason why jmm is sore. its a human trait.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 10:15 am 
Bantamweight

and thank god for manny ..there is a whole generation of young kids in Philippines lacing up gloves instead of picking up a basketball.

I can't wait for them to come of age to battle young Mexican boxers.we have a bright future to look forward to.

Many great Mexico vs Philippines fights to come..

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 10:17 am 
Cruiserweight

NO, BUT I THINK MARQUEZ WILL FIGHT HOPKINS NEXT, IF MANNY BEATS OSCAR! :lol: (to prove that he's just better) :shock:

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 10:27 am 
Light Heavyweight

pilyo2bay wrote:
JMM became the shadow of Manny Pacquiao since they fought in a draw, he seems like the tail of Pacquiao and cant refrain his mouth to utter the name of Manny Pacquiao particularly during the interviews. It became more worst when he suffered a split decision lost on their second fight. There were a lot of complains from him and even from his team. If you are a Psychologist, how do you read the mind of JMM? Is it about envy/jealous? A secret admiration to Pacquiao? Is it about money? Why this man cant remove from his mind the name Pacquiao? Why is it that it is only Pacquiao on his mind despite the fact that he also lost to another boxer? Lately, when Pacquiao moves up to lightweight JMM also follows. When Pacquiao beat David Diaz, JMM also stated that he will surpass that win when he will fight Casamayor and even belittled the skills of David Diaz but unfortunalely JMM was unable to surpass that KO win of Pacquiao over Diaz in 9th round although JMM also won over Casamayor by TKO but it only happened in the 11th round. Now, Pacquiao is fighting Oscar Dela Hoya in a heavier weight, will JMM also follow Pacquiao’s move? Or this time will JMM admit to himself that he can’t really match Pacquiao’s ability and accomplishments unless Dela Hoya will also offer JMM to fight him. Finally, what will be the next move of JMM if Pacquiao will announce his retirement? Is JMM also going to retire and admit to himself that he can’t really match Pacquiao’s greatness?

I love to answer posts that make sense. I see your point, bro but talking about retiring for good I think it would be JMM to retire first..............remember that Pacman will retire after second half of 2009, temporarily, to attend to his political desire.............2009 before his "temporary retirement" he'll be fully booked - Hatton and ODLH again. While JMM is 35 yrs old now, he has only two years for active boxing and retires without facing Pacman again (Poor JMM) unless he moves up to 140 or 147 and fight somebody while Pacman is on his leave of absence.....Pacman now is 29 and after 2010, at 31, there will be a huge demand for him to return to boxing.........Now who will retire first from active boxing?????...........

:lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 11:42 am 
Heavyweight

probably...and enter politics too afterwards... :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 1:59 pm 
Heavyweight

KOWatcher wrote:
pilyo2bay wrote:

I love to answer posts that make sense. I see your point, bro but talking about retiring for good I think it would be JMM to retire first..............remember that Pacman will retire after second half of 2009, temporarily, to attend to his political desire.............2009 before his "temporary retirement" he'll be fully booked - Hatton and ODLH again. While JMM is 35 yrs old now, he has only two years for active boxing and retires without facing Pacman again (Poor JMM) unless he moves up to 140 or 147 and fight somebody while Pacman is on his leave of absence.....Pacman now is 29 and after 2010, at 31, there will be a huge demand for him to return to boxing.........Now who will retire first from active boxing?????...........

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Thanks for appreciating it. It is still possible that Pacquiao will retire ahead of JMM just because of his political dream. It is more possible that JMM and Pacquaio will not have a trilogy if Pacquiao will become succesfull in politics arena, meaning we can expect pacquiao to comeback no more. But there is still time left while Pacquiao has three remaining fights before his retirement. Their promoters must work on it and lay down everything in the table that can convince both fighters particularly on pacquiao. :D :D :D :D

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 4:09 pm 
Welterweight

I think Marquez is not retiring yet, he still has business in boxing and has a lot of potential $$ earnings. The only possibility of Pacquiao/Marquez III is if theres no rematch between Pacquiao and Oscar. Here are the possible three remaining fights of Pacquiao: Pacquiao vs. Deal Hoya, Pacquiao vs. Hatton and Pacquiao vs. Marquez (assuming no Pacquiao/Dela Hoya rematch and PBF will not challenge Pacquiao). His succes in politics will probably makes his retirement final. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 4:27 pm 
Light Heavyweight

Hardy wrote:
I think Marquez is not retiring yet, he still has business in boxing and has a lot of potential $$ earnings. The only possibility of Pacquiao/Marquez III is if theres no rematch between Pacquiao and Oscar. Here are the possible three remaining fights of Pacquiao: Pacquiao vs. Deal Hoya, Pacquiao vs. Hatton and Pacquiao vs. Marquez (assuming no Pacquiao/Dela Hoya rematch and PBF will not challenge Pacquiao). His succes in politics will probably makes his retirement final. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I'm sure he'll go back to boxing.....I'll question his mental state if he refuses another billion pesos...................... :lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 5:25 pm 
Welterweight

KOWatcher wrote:
Hardy wrote:

I'm sure he'll go back to boxing.....I'll question his mental state if he refuses another billion pesos...................... :lol: :lol: :lol:

That's another thing bro. We are referring here the retirement of Pacquiao, Just in case he run as a congressman and he wins, is it possible that he can come back in the ring? Thats another history in boxing, congressman Pacquiao is fighting again. :) :) :)

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 7:28 am 
Heavyweight

Wrong grammar.