Pacland's Philippine Boxing Forum

Discussion on boxing and other sports, Filipino greats and anything under the sun.
It is currently Fri Dec 14, 2018 2:44 am

All times are UTC + 8 hours

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2008 2:07 pm 
Light Heavyweight

My friend Brad has the chance to talk with one of Manny's Sparring partner, Rashad Holloway the last day. Rashad, claims that Manny is really very strong, fast and very durable. He revealed that the first instruction told by Roach to him is to control his punches in order not to hurt Manny to avoid any injury in preparation for the dream fight. Roach instructed him to just use his jab more often and his left hook. And roach always reminded him that Manny is starting as a flyweight.

Of course Rashad, followed the instruction by Roach in the first sparring day, but only for the first two minutes in the first round, but when Manny started to attack him, he forgot the first instruction. "You cant use your jab the whole round if your fighting with Manny Pacquiao, If i will not counter him with power punch he will kill" rashad on Manny. He continued that thats the reason why the 2 other sparring partners ended up packing because the follow the instruction and treat manny as a flyweight.

"Manny should be treated as welter now or even a middleweight, because his power is like a middleweight, there was a time in our second sparring session that i was able to connect a punch that can knock a real middleweight but still he is standing and still continue to his non stop attack. He's very durable, very friendly outside the ring but inside hes like beast" Rashad added

Rashad also states that as the training progress his speed and power improves. He is the fastest and strongest fighter i have able to face at this time. Hes getting stronger everyday, I dont think I can survive for six rounds with him in our next sparring session, i think i can only spar with him within 3 to 4 rounds if more than that i am no longer effective. They should hire 3 sparring partners in every sparring sessions or else i will ended up packing too.

A member of team pacquiao explains that the reason why manny becomes stronger everyday, its because he is in his normal weight, unlike his previous camp that his power diminish as the training progresses because he starve himself to make the weight, but this time is the contrary he can eat whatever he wants and he add more protien to his diet. And a big credit also to Alex Ariza, he is a big addition to team pacquiao.

source: Brad Cone

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2008 2:15 pm 
Heavyweight

:shock:

double post! hehe

anyway.. thanks for sharing..
hope Brad Cone is right.. :D
(i wonder who he really is)

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Pacland is the REAL Team Pacquiao.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2008 2:21 pm 
Welterweight

Mods should look at the ip addy :lol:

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2008 2:21 pm 
Heavyweight

Hehehe . . . keep up the good work, bro Brad. :D

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2008 3:16 pm 
Light Heavyweight

Thanks for the info, bro. Manny would be more dangerous and stronger come this fight night. More protein and carbo in his diet would make him stronger, unlike ODLH he could not eat the needed nutrients as he might not able to make the weight.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2008 3:19 pm 
Heavyweight

brad good day mate! i think all boxers will really feels the power of his new sparring partners considering that he is not used to it. my question is how did rashad was able to guage the power and speed of manny now that they are just sparring for only 4 rounds 8) is he hurting his body after the sparring or is he feeling like fainting after those power punch hit his chin? feeling it is just normal i guess we need to know the gravity of every punch that hit rashad :lol:

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2008 3:38 pm 
Middleweight

Bisayan_Shaolin wrote:
brad good day mate! i think all boxers will really feels the power of his new sparring partners considering that he is not used to it. my question is how did rashad was able to guage the power and speed of manny now that they are just sparring for only 4 rounds 8) is he hurting his body after the sparring or is he feeling like fainting after those power punch hit his chin? feeling it is just normal i guess we need to know the gravity of every punch that hit rashad :lol:

so does that mean oscar will feel the power of his new "fighting" partner so to speak considering he is not used to it too? after all just like rashad they're both jr.middleweighters and both have never fight pac?
i think rashad already made it clear that manny is so freaking powerful and strong he even thinks he's as powerful as a middleweight what more can you ask from this guy, does he need to state manny's power in scientific terms such as joules? :lol: :lol:
i think it's pretty safe manny can hurt oscar and rock him just like bernard hopkins

LET IT BE KNOWN ALL OF THE ARTICLES AND REPORTS LEADING UP TO TODAY INCLINE TOWARDS MANNY KTFO OUT OF OSCAR AND KILLING HIM BECAUSE as rashad stated, he did a power punch on manny that would knock the lights out of a middleweight but he was still standing and continuing his trademark typhoon attack and as RASHAD STATED he cannot afford to just jab manny and we can say oscar cannot just use his reach advantage to jab manny to because as rashad state, if he did, he will be killed!
LET IT BE KNOWN IF YOU EVER cry that OSCAR WAS TOO OLD and that was the excuse you made or that this is a fixed fight after manny wins you are the greatest oscar hugger of all time and you are full of ****!

Last edited by malalang on Sun Oct 26, 2008 3:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2008 3:45 pm 
Cruiserweight

Great news! I hope everything continues to go well... :D

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2008 3:46 pm 
Light Heavyweight

I notice there is a news block out from ODLH's camp, maybe he is not performing well in his sparring that is why they cannot release any updates as it would only demoralize his fans. :lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2008 3:50 pm 
Middleweight

Giovanni_88_Paolo wrote:
I notice there is a news block out from ODLH's camp, maybe he is not performing well in his sparring that is why they cannot release any updates as it would only demoralize his fans. :lol: :lol: :lol:

i think oscar is buried in training and can't be bothered by the media for distraction, i feel his camp are expecting the worse and are not underestimating pac in any way or shape and this black out shows their focus but that's just my opinion

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2008 3:56 pm 
Heavyweight

i just want to be sure that this rashad is telling the truth 8) otherwise we all believed that his story is legitimate but at the end of the day we found out that he is actually a fake :shock: remember we were told by so many write ups that nothing will leak relating to manny's training and now this guy is spreading his story like fire :lol:

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2008 3:57 pm 
Welterweight

roach knew how to protect pac when he reminded the sparring partners that pac started as a flyweight...but that was a bait... :D

keep posting pretty boy... :D

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2008 3:58 pm 
Welterweight

Bisayan_Shaolin wrote:
i just want to be sure that this rashad is telling the truth 8) otherwise we all believed that his story is legitimate but at the end of the day we found out that he is actually a fake :shock: remember we were told by so many write ups that nothing will leak relating to manny's training and now this guy is spreading his story like fire :lol:

pretty boy is an insider, i guess... :D :D

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2008 4:00 pm 
Heavyweight

Giovanni_88_Paolo wrote:

it means he's really serious in preparing for PACMAN.. and that's good because he's got no reasons to give when he will fall to MANNY..

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2008 4:13 pm 
Middleweight

Bisayan_Shaolin wrote:

why would he lie he has no reason to, not like he will gain money from it if he make a bogus story, i think the only thing they didnt wanna leak was some "secret regimen" they did in the corner but that's probably a joke , it's been two weeks and the camp has consistently led the media inside their gym except fans and theyve made reports on pac's progress and that's wat rashad told, his progress which is consistent with wat the media put out