Pacland's Philippine Boxing Forum

Discussion on boxing and other sports, Filipino greats and anything under the sun.
It is currently Sun Dec 17, 2017 12:07 pm

All times are UTC + 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 210 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next
PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 4:10 am 
Heavyweight

Kumong-kumong wrote:
march99 wrote:
Kumong-kumong wrote:
Many Filipinos including yours truly want Manny to lose because this fight is bad for boxing, and bad for him physically in the long run. Manny should be fighting sombody his size, maybe perhaps a clash with Edwin Valero or any unification bought at 135 lbs. Oscar should be fighting someone like Antonio Margarito to cement his legacy. A fight with a legitimate welterweight could cement Oscar's place in history and not this freak show.

Without a doubt, the main motivation for Manny and Oscar to go at it, is greed. Both of of them believed that this is the fight with the most money and perhaps has enough intrigue to sell tickets (factor in GBP's failed promotional offer to the Pacman and trainer turned critic, Freddy "Krugger" Roach, this fight would really sell).

Helping charitable institution? Don't be fooled! These are front as part of image-building strategy. Manny is as arrogant as Boom Boom and Donaire, only that he portrays a humblier stance affront.

If Manny is really sincere in helping the poor, he should have make into poverty-alleviation projects the over P100M he wasted in running for congress, where, he doesn't belong in the first place.

So why am I rooting for Manny to lose? For his own good! For him to realize that there is a limit to his physical abilities and start thinking if these people around him are really true friends and not just milking from his fight money.

Wow ! I don't see too many of you around here. One that makes sense. You & I are in the minority.

I know my boxing well bro! Most people only learned boxing when Manny beat Barrera and will disappear as soon as the Pacman will be out of boxing.

lol
get over yourself coz' you might choke in your own air. hehehe
so what if these new boxing fans disappears when Pac retires??? at least they had fun and enjoyed Pac's era of supremacy in boxing unlike you who's all grumpy and being a twat all the time, what a way to live! mag-isa ka na lang! lol

Manny Pacquiao did not just open the door, but the entire border for our Filipino boxers, trainers, promoters, sports writers and even the Pinoy boxing fans to the boxing world to be reckoned with. Pac Yo Da Man!!!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 4:31 am 
Heavyweight

fil79 wrote:

hey, just for fun...how about this, when you see her again...request for her to put these on her menu:
Singapore Chilli Crab
Steamed Alaskan King Crab
King Crab Rangoon
Marinated King Crab Claws
King Crab Royal
Cajun King Crab
King Crab Imperial
King Crab Fettuccine
:lol:

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 4:35 am 
Heavyweight

against the grain wrote:
Macario wrote:
against the grain wrote:

dude, THINKING someone would lose is different from HOPING he'd lose. gets mo?

ex1. lbycya99/pacwan/pacdg8test et al: "i think Oscar's left hook will send Manny to lala land, Manny will not last 5 rounds".... that's not being a crab, that's being a "realist/boxing expert" kuno. Theyre not crabs, just lacking in faith.

ex2. fil-canadian resto owner: "sana matalo si Manny...mukhang pera kasi".... crab na crab diba? utak talangka: ayaw makitang umaasenso ang iba.

following what you said, withOUT being BIASED, would mean if you or anyone "HOPES" for oscar to lose is a crab. right? it wouldnt only work one way, right? after all, those that are biased are irrational to begin with since they are "slanted" in their thinking and dont think "straight".

dude, medyo sablay logic mo...look up what having "crab mentality" means...ask your mom or dad, i bet they can explain it to you better than anyone here in this forum.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 4:36 am 
Heavyweight

Macario wrote:
fil79 wrote:

hey, just for fun...how about this, when you see her again...request for her to put these on her menu:
Singapore Chilli Crab
King Crab Rangoon
King Crab Royal
Cajun King Crab
King Crab Imperial
King Crab Fettuccine

hehehe they can add crab delahomo, served in a fishnet. hehehe :peace:

Manny Pacquiao did not just open the door, but the entire border for our Filipino boxers, trainers, promoters, sports writers and even the Pinoy boxing fans to the boxing world to be reckoned with. Pac Yo Da Man!!!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 6:03 am 
Heavyweight

Macario wrote:
fil79 wrote:

Singapore Chilli Crab
King Crab Rangoon
King Crab Royal
Cajun King Crab
King Crab Imperial
King Crab Fettuccine

that's friggin hilarious dude!!! :biglaugh: good post! :)

- Statement of President Noynoy Aquino on appointing Boy Abunda in his cabinet.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 6:40 am 
Middleweight

fil79 wrote:
I was eating at one of our local filipno restaurants here in Calgary and the owner was a good friend of my mother. While serving us she brought up about Manny's upcoming fight with Oscar de la hoya and she was rooting for Manny to lose the fight to teach him a lesson kuno. I asked "bakit po?" and then she said because he's fighting for money and it's all just greed. Then I told them "but he has alot of charitable institutions back home who help our fellow filipinos who are downtrodden" and then she said "oh also cause he's a womanizer and I don't agree with that!" that's funny coming from someone who is a lesbian in her 40's. I told her "well Dolphy, Fernando Poe Jr and Joseph Estrada, willie revillame and countless more others in showbiz were womanizers does that mean you don't watch their movies or programs anymore? hell even bill clinton and JFK were womanizers but that didn't affect their ability to run a country." I was just thinking "wow crab mentality is really everywhere even with people that I though was above thinking like that! " I thought that she should be happy that a filipino from meager beginnings can get that far just by sheer determination and will. I also told her that he can not be blamed for wanting to make lots of money for that is the very same reason that we all went to Canada or the US for that matter for economic wealth so who are we to blame someone who wants to make money from the profession that he loves to do? the whole thing just made me sad because I saw crab mentality at its best...they want Manny to lose not because Oscar was a better boxer but because to them Manny has become greedy and a womanizer.

I think that is just a stupid, stupid argument. While money is factor in this match, people are not realizing that a win against dela Hoya will catapult Manny as one of the greatest boxers ever. He is challenging and putting himself to extreme danger to further cement his legacy as one of the greatest boxers ever. I do not know of any boxer in the past and even in present times who jumped up several weight classes and still able to dominate. Fifty years from now, boxing pundits will still talk about Manny's greatness and they will still be shaking their heads in disbelief over Manny's win against Oscar.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 8:38 am 
Heavyweight

fil79 wrote:
Macario wrote:
fil79 wrote:

Singapore Chilli Crab
King Crab Rangoon
King Crab Royal
Cajun King Crab
King Crab Imperial
King Crab Fettuccine

that's friggin hilarious dude!!! :biglaugh: good post! :)
Add this - king Alaskan crab, robot flavored.

Basta sexy libre, basta tambok doble.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 9:52 am 
Cruiserweight

THE JOKE IS SO FUNNY!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 10:32 am 
Lightweight

Kumong-kumong wrote:
Many Filipinos including yours truly want Manny to lose because this fight is bad for boxing, and bad for him physically in the long run. Manny should be fighting sombody his size, maybe perhaps a clash with Edwin Valero or any unification bought at 135 lbs. Oscar should be fighting someone like Antonio Margarito to cement his legacy. A fight with a legitimate welterweight could cement Oscar's place in history and not this freak show.

Without a doubt, the main motivation for Manny and Oscar to go at it, is greed. Both of of them believed that this is the fight with the most money and perhaps has enough intrigue to sell tickets (factor in GBP's failed promotional offer to the Pacman and trainer turned critic, Freddy "Krugger" Roach, this fight would really sell).

Helping charitable institution? Don't be fooled! These are front as part of image-building strategy. Manny is as arrogant as Boom Boom and Donaire, only that he portrays a humblier stance affront.

If Manny is really sincere in helping the poor, he should have make into poverty-alleviation projects the over P100M he wasted in running for congress, where, he doesn't belong in the first place.

So why am I rooting for Manny to lose? For his own good! For him to realize that there is a limit to his physical abilities and start thinking if these people around him are really true friends and not just milking from his fight money.

Quote:
*****! You're the one that badly need to acquire "some" education. Nobody said that Manny should fight for free. The contention was for Manny to fight someone his size and avoid physical risk.

I just hope that after this fight, Manny will still have years ahead of him to enjoy his wealth and not end up in mental retardation. This is possible and if this will happen, magkamatayan si Jinkee at si ALing Dionesia sa paghati sa mana.

Prizefighting? UFC has since stopped the open-weight fighting and has created several weight categories. With Manny and Oscar fighting, boxing is going backwards unnecessarily.

Truth is you just comprise the minority of Filipinos wanting Pacman to lose, the clear-cut majority hopes & prays for his win. This dream fight is not bad for boxing, just look at the hype it generates as well as the intrigues, debates, opinions & mountains of publicity thrown just about everywhere. Obviously, boxing is all about bad intentions between the protagonists, therefore it is bad for all boxers notwithstanding the equality or disparity of height, weight, reach etc. & Pacman is not an exemption. You can insist on all the ideal fight pairings you mentioned all day & all night long but it seems you are the one living in a boxing dream world, reality sucks and the present reality is that promoters must devise, arrange & promote a fight which will earn them the most profit to ride out the present economic crunch. Boxing is business, I assume you know this as you were not born yesterday. If you really want those "straightforward & should be fights" then you shoulder the boxer's purses as well as the various expenses on putting up said dream fights of yours. If you find yourself bankrupt you only have yourself to blame, at least you satisfied yourself staging said ideal boxing fights.

Of course the main motivation is money, not only for Pac & Oldie but for all boxers,promoters, boxing orgs & so on, but don't equate money with greed because that is a sweeping statement, as if you are saying pointblank Manny or Oscar are greedy, just because you can't fathom why they are earning these tons of money for a freak show or a mismatch bout making your resentment boil all over the place. You know what, these guys earned their worth & the way I see it you are plain envious and boy, it shows!

Well, you are not fooling me either! You arrogantly dismisses all the charitable works of Pacquiao with the flip of your acrid tongue, is that all you can do to portray yourself a much better person than Pacman? In your dreams, bro! Better yet, do outdo Pacquiao by outdonating him on charities, outgiving alms to the poor......get my drift?

And where is your basis that Pacquiao wasted P100M during his failed candidacy? Really, you have much to learn bro! In politics it is not what it seems. Don't believe in everything you hear, read on papers or seen on tv, ordinary people doesn't really know what is going on behind the curtains, especially in politics. Greenhorn.

He..he.., win or lose it is really for Manny's own good, that is why he took the fight. Everyone knows there are limits in our physical abilities, for one Pacman ain't fighting Valuev. If you are in Manny's circle of friends then definitely you won't gripe, but sadly you are not & won't be in a million years.

If you say that Manny should retire now to avoid further physical harm, it might be more acceptable, adding that he already have riches on earth which guarantees a confortable life for him & family. Problem is you want him to fight for your dream fights which shows you really don't care nor give a damn about his well being.

Don't worry he is enjoying his wealth together with his bloated 2000 ( from 30) relatives and I also hope you don't end up in a mental institution. Furthermore, don't concern yourself with the spoils of Pacman's inheritance unless you want to join the pack :lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 10:35 am 
Heavyweight

cleto_reyes wrote:

Which joke? There is no joke. We are so dead serious here. And you are in ICU. 8)

Basta sexy libre, basta tambok doble.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 9:37 pm 
Light Heavyweight

ASONG KALYE wrote:
cleto_reyes wrote:

Which joke? There is no joke. We are so dead serious here. And you are in ICU. 8)

:biglaugh: :biglaugh: dead serious was been in ICU going to morgue...

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 9:43 pm 
Heavyweight

Some Pinoys want Manny to lose?
They are CRABS

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 9:47 pm 
Light Heavyweight

boxing_the_no1_sport wrote:
Some Pinoys want Manny to lose?
They are CRABS

this thread should be change to "seafood special" :biglaugh: :biglaugh:

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 10:27 pm 
Welterweight

boybluecancer wrote:
Kumong-kumong wrote:

Quote:
*****! You're the one that badly need to acquire "some" education. Nobody said that Manny should fight for free. The contention was for Manny to fight someone his size and avoid physical risk.

I just hope that after this fight, Manny will still have years ahead of him to enjoy his wealth and not end up in mental retardation. This is possible and if this will happen, magkamatayan si Jinkee at si ALing Dionesia sa paghati sa mana.

Prizefighting? UFC has since stopped the open-weight fighting and has created several weight categories. With Manny and Oscar fighting, boxing is going backwards unnecessarily.

Truth is you just comprise the minority of Filipinos wanting Pacman to lose, the clear-cut majority hopes & prays for his win. This dream fight is not bad for boxing, just look at the hype it generates as well as the intrigues, debates, opinions & mountains of publicity thrown just about everywhere. Obviously, boxing is all about bad intentions between the protagonists, therefore it is bad for all boxers notwithstanding the equality or disparity of height, weight, reach etc. & Pacman is not an exemption. You can insist on all the ideal fight pairings you mentioned all day & all night long but it seems you are the one living in a boxing dream world, reality sucks and the present reality is that promoters must devise, arrange & promote a fight which will earn them the most profit to ride out the present economic crunch. Boxing is business, I assume you know this as you were not born yesterday. If you really want those "straightforward & should be fights" then you shoulder the boxer's purses as well as the various expenses on putting up said dream fights of yours. If you find yourself bankrupt you only have yourself to blame, at least you satisfied yourself staging said ideal boxing fights.

Of course the main motivation is money, not only for Pac & Oldie but for all boxers,promoters, boxing orgs & so on, but don't equate money with greed because that is a sweeping statement, as if you are saying pointblank Manny or Oscar are greedy, just because you can't fathom why they are earning these tons of money for a freak show or a mismatch bout making your resentment boil all over the place. You know what, these guys earned their worth & the way I see it you are plain envious and boy, it shows!

Well, you are not fooling me either! You arrogantly dismisses all the charitable works of Pacquiao with the flip of your acrid tongue, is that all you can do to portray yourself a much better person than Pacman? In your dreams, bro! Better yet, do outdo Pacquiao by outdonating him on charities, outgiving alms to the poor......get my drift?

And where is your basis that Pacquiao wasted P100M during his failed candidacy? Really, you have much to learn bro! In politics it is not what it seems. Don't believe in everything you hear, read on papers or seen on tv, ordinary people doesn't really know what is going on behind the curtains, especially in politics. Greenhorn.

He..he.., win or lose it is really for Manny's own good, that is why he took the fight. Everyone knows there are limits in our physical abilities, for one Pacman ain't fighting Valuev. If you are in Manny's circle of friends then definitely you won't gripe, but sadly you are not & won't be in a million years.

If you say that Manny should retire now to avoid further physical harm, it might be more acceptable, adding that he already have riches on earth which guarantees a confortable life for him & family. Problem is you want him to fight for your dream fights which shows you really don't care nor give a damn about his well being.

Don't worry he is enjoying his wealth together with his bloated 2000 ( from 30) relatives and I also hope you don't end up in a mental institution. Furthermore, don't concern yourself with the spoils of Pacman's inheritance unless you want to join the pack :lol: :lol: :lol:

Well said bro, well said!!!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2008 4:18 am 
Heavyweight

fil79 wrote:
I was eating at one of our local filipno restaurants here in Calgary and the owner was a good friend of my mother. While serving us she brought up about Manny's upcoming fight with Oscar de la hoya and she was rooting for Manny to lose the fight to teach him a lesson kuno. I asked "bakit po?" and then she said because he's fighting for money and it's all just greed. Then I told them "but he has alot of charitable institutions back home who help our fellow filipinos who are downtrodden" and then she said "oh also cause he's a womanizer and I don't agree with that!" that's funny coming from someone who is a lesbian in her 40's. I told her "well Dolphy, Fernando Poe Jr and Joseph Estrada, willie revillame and countless more others in showbiz were womanizers does that mean you don't watch their movies or programs anymore? hell even bill clinton and JFK were womanizers but that didn't affect their ability to run a country." I was just thinking "wow crab mentality is really everywhere even with people that I though was above thinking like that! " I thought that she should be happy that a filipino from meager beginnings can get that far just by sheer determination and will. I also told her that he can not be blamed for wanting to make lots of money for that is the very same reason that we all went to Canada or the US for that matter for economic wealth so who are we to blame someone who wants to make money from the profession that he loves to do? the whole thing just made me sad because I saw crab mentality at its best...they want Manny to lose not because Oscar was a better boxer but because to them Manny has become greedy and a womanizer.

This is why I dont like lesbian women when they talk and talk like they already know everything. Lesbians are worst than the baddest of the bad womanizer kelots. They stole our prospect "keridas" by bad mouthing us. They are just jealous because they dont have lawit. LOL

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 210 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next