Pacland's Philippine Boxing Forum

Discussion on boxing and other sports, Filipino greats and anything under the sun.
It is currently Fri May 25, 2018 5:38 am

All times are UTC + 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 210 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next
PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2008 4:32 am 
Cruiserweight

Kumong-kumong wrote:
march99 wrote:
Kumong-kumong wrote:
Many Filipinos including yours truly want Manny to lose because this fight is bad for boxing, and bad for him physically in the long run. Manny should be fighting sombody his size, maybe perhaps a clash with Edwin Valero or any unification bought at 135 lbs. Oscar should be fighting someone like Antonio Margarito to cement his legacy. A fight with a legitimate welterweight could cement Oscar's place in history and not this freak show.

Without a doubt, the main motivation for Manny and Oscar to go at it, is greed. Both of of them believed that this is the fight with the most money and perhaps has enough intrigue to sell tickets (factor in GBP's failed promotional offer to the Pacman and trainer turned critic, Freddy "Krugger" Roach, this fight would really sell).

Helping charitable institution? Don't be fooled! These are front as part of image-building strategy. Manny is as arrogant as Boom Boom and Donaire, only that he portrays a humblier stance affront.

If Manny is really sincere in helping the poor, he should have make into poverty-alleviation projects the over P100M he wasted in running for congress, where, he doesn't belong in the first place.

So why am I rooting for Manny to lose? For his own good! For him to realize that there is a limit to his physical abilities and start thinking if these people around him are really true friends and not just milking from his fight money.

Wow ! I don't see too many of you around here. One that makes sense. You & I are in the minority.

I know my boxing well bro! Most people only learned boxing when Manny beat Barrera and will disappear as soon as the Pacman will be out of boxing.

You know your boxing well yet you don't understand that they're just trying to make a living... geez... If you really do know boxing, you probably know how hard these guys train and how much sacrifice they put themselves into... Don't you think Manny deserves that amount of money after all that he's been through?

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2008 4:42 am 
Cruiserweight

march99 wrote:
Kumong-kumong wrote:
Many Filipinos including yours truly want Manny to lose because this fight is bad for boxing, and bad for him physically in the long run. Manny should be fighting sombody his size, maybe perhaps a clash with Edwin Valero or any unification bought at 135 lbs. Oscar should be fighting someone like Antonio Margarito to cement his legacy. A fight with a legitimate welterweight could cement Oscar's place in history and not this freak show.

Without a doubt, the main motivation for Manny and Oscar to go at it, is greed. Both of of them believed that this is the fight with the most money and perhaps has enough intrigue to sell tickets (factor in GBP's failed promotional offer to the Pacman and trainer turned critic, Freddy "Krugger" Roach, this fight would really sell).

Helping charitable institution? Don't be fooled! These are front as part of image-building strategy. Manny is as arrogant as Boom Boom and Donaire, only that he portrays a humblier stance affront.

If Manny is really sincere in helping the poor, he should have make into poverty-alleviation projects the over P100M he wasted in running for congress, where, he doesn't belong in the first place.

So why am I rooting for Manny to lose? For his own good! For him to realize that there is a limit to his physical abilities and start thinking if these people around him are really true friends and not just milking from his fight money.

Wow ! I don't see too many of you around here. One that makes sense. You & I are in the minority.

Not really.. Lots of people here makes sense.. You just don't understand them... :lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2008 8:33 am 
Welterweight

they know hes a FAKE ..... :o

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2008 8:44 pm 
Heavyweight

Why o Why?????

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2008 8:48 pm 
Middleweight

one word to describe why some filipinos want manny to lose...

"inggit" :D

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2008 8:55 pm 
Heavyweight

During the fight telecast in a resto bar, seated beside me is a Dela hoya supporter, He was booing Pacquiao and talking **** about him. When Pacquiao annihilated Dela hoya, he said something like "fack, Pacquiaos gonna be cocky again!", Oscar went in there just for the money, he added. I guess he placed his bet to Dela hoya, thats why. But I don't think he should be acting like that, its odd for me to see that he didn't even tried to clap his hands for Manny's win. IF he's really Filipino, he should be happy for Manny. I guess he took it personal. I was so mad, I wanted to punch him.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2008 10:55 pm 
Light Heavyweight

lith kung ako yaon duman kinastahan ko ngurapak kaidto..he he he

anyway the fact that MP totally annihilated GB is enough to put salt on this assholes's wounds....

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2008 10:57 pm 
Light Heavyweight

They are Haters, plain and simple... Manny deserves all that he has accomplished...Glory and Honor should be given to God for his success.

Proverbs 27:17 As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2008 11:02 pm 
Cruiserweight

There is only one reason why, the Animal Instinct of being ENVIOUS...

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2008 11:08 pm 
Middleweight

I'm tired of hearing that same sH!t too. They envy him coz their lives are miserable, they just want to drag him down with them. They weep for his success.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2008 11:33 pm 
Cruiserweight

fil79 wrote:
Rubirosa wrote:
fil79, you answered your own question. lol

in retrospect, yes I did! LOL but what do you guys think about it? have you encountered something like this too? instead of being happy that a kababayan of yours is succeeding they throw mud on them so that they can make themselves bigger and better than the other person?

They are all around us bro. I just ignore them. I consider them just high on drugs. :biglaugh:

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2008 11:37 pm 
Cruiserweight

Uchiha_Nivri wrote:
march99 wrote:
Kumong-kumong wrote:

Not really.. Lots of people here makes sense.. You just don't understand them... :lol: :lol: :lol:

Because the Kumang and Martsa are NAGMAMARUNONG. :biglaugh:

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2008 2:59 am 
Heavyweight

Wapaaaa wrote:
I'm tired of hearing that same sH!t too. They envy him coz their lives are miserable, they just want to drag him down with them. They weep for his success.

Well I bet their eating some humble pie right now!!! Manny just continues to defy boxing logic!! bring on Hatton and take away his world title Manny!!! :)

- Statement of President Noynoy Aquino on appointing Boy Abunda in his cabinet.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2008 9:31 pm 
Light Heavyweight

Kumong-kumong wrote:
Kumong-kumong wrote:

I hope to hear from you guys on Sunday. Just prepare plenty of excuses on why Manny will be severely beaten.

Nevermind your excuses just show up!! :biglaugh:

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2008 9:40 pm 
Heavyweight

i guess eating too much talangka can affect one's mentality... :?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 210 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next