Pacland's Philippine Boxing Forum

Discussion on boxing and other sports, Filipino greats and anything under the sun.
It is currently Sun Dec 08, 2019 6:04 am

All times are UTC + 8 hours

PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2008 4:46 pm 
Featherweight

I'm pretty sure that a lot of us here have noticed this already....While I was watching a replay of the 2nd fight between Manny and Eric Morales when i noticed sitting 2 rows behind 1 of the scoring judge in the middle of the ring apron was no other than Floyd Mayweather Jr along with Leonard Ellerbe, Mayweather Promotions CEO and long friend(I think former champ Hasim Rachman was also on the same row to their left watching the fight). I noticed that Floyd was quietly watching the fight in his seat, observing and was pretty relaxed on the firs half of the fight when Morales was dictating the fight, but before the end ofthe 6th rd when Manny was starting to mount a comeback, I noticed Floyd was getting a little restless in his seat. It looked to me that he was reacting every time manny would throw a combination or land some really good and solid punches on Eric Morales. Specially between rd 7 & 8 when Floyd would get off his seat, pumping his fist in the air when Manny starts to pummel Eric with some hard combos. I even saw him yelling something in the direction of Manny(maybe instructions?) and cheering for Manny at the end of the rounds. So I continued watching the rest of the fight and you can tell by the way Floyd would get off his seat on rd 10 and nod his head in approval with a smile on his face every time Manny would land hard punches on Eric. I couldnt help but watch Floyds reaction to the fight rather than me paying attention to the fight itself(already seen it several times). The 10th rd goes on with Manny battering Eric and Floyd not being able to contain his exitement. Then the knockdown of Eric morales came in at 2:33 of the the round and you can clearly see Floyd jumping out of his seat and pumping his fist in the air in celebration like all of us did when we watch the fight live that day. Then the fight stopage came in @ 2 mins and 30secs of rd 10 and all hell broke loose...I guess no matter what Floyd say about Manny in the media he can never hide his true feeling for our champ. Behind all the flash and the talk he cannot help but admire this warrior that brings so much determination, power, exitement and specially heart to the ring wheneve he fights. I guess you can never truely judge a book by its cover....for all of you who has a copy of that fight, go check it out. Like Oscar who admired this fighter that once faught on his under card not knowing that one day their paths as boxer would cross and Manny would end up on top. Manny was also in a Floyd Mayweather Jr under card once and i think we all know whats gonna be happening in the near future....dejavu anyone?...Mabuhay si Manny!.......

PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2008 5:58 pm 
Lightweight

pinoy_acero23 wrote:
I'm pretty sure that a lot of us here have noticed this already....While I was watching a replay of the 2nd fight between Manny and Eric Morales when i noticed sitting 2 rows behind 1 of the scoring judge in the middle of the ring apron was no other than Floyd Mayweather Jr along with Leonard Ellerbe, Mayweather Promotions CEO and long friend(I think former champ Hasim Rachman was also on the same row to their left watching the fight). I noticed that Floyd was quietly watching the fight in his seat, observing and was pretty relaxed on the firs half of the fight when Morales was dictating the fight, but before the end ofthe 6th rd when Manny was starting to mount a comeback, I noticed Floyd was getting a little restless in his seat. It looked to me that he was reacting every time manny would throw a combination or land some really good and solid punches on Eric Morales. Specially between rd 7 & 8 when Floyd would get off his seat, pumping his fist in the air when Manny starts to pummel Eric with some hard combos. I even saw him yelling something in the direction of Manny(maybe instructions?) and cheering for Manny at the end of the rounds. So I continued watching the rest of the fight and you can tell by the way Floyd would get off his seat on rd 10 and nod his head in approval with a smile on his face every time Manny would land hard punches on Eric. I couldnt help but watch Floyds reaction to the fight rather than me paying attention to the fight itself(already seen it several times). The 10th rd goes on with Manny battering Eric and Floyd not being able to contain his exitement. Then the knockdown of Eric morales came in at 2:33 of the the round and you can clearly see Floyd jumping out of his seat and pumping his fist in the air in celebration like all of us did when we watch the fight live that day. Then the fight stopage came in @ 2 mins and 30secs of rd 10 and all hell broke loose...I guess no matter what Floyd say about Manny in the media he can never hide his true feeling for our champ. Behind all the flash and the talk he cannot help but admire this warrior that brings so much determination, power, exitement and specially heart to the ring wheneve he fights. I guess you can never truely judge a book by its cover....for all of you who has a copy of that fight, go check it out. Like Oscar who admired this fighter that once faught on his under card not knowing that one day their paths as boxer would cross and Manny would end up on top. Manny was also in a Floyd Mayweather Jr under card once and i think we all know whats gonna be happening in the near future....dejavu anyone?...Mabuhay si Manny!.......

Floyd used some of Manny's style. You can compare his knockout punch against Hatton from one of Manny's punch against Morales.

- KEN BLANCHARD

PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2008 6:03 pm 
Heavyweight

I don't have the link, but I once saw an interview where PBF acknowledged that Manny is one of the top P4P boxers at present.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2008 6:16 pm 
Heavyweight

pinoy_acero23 wrote:

guys, it was only because floyd bet on manny with a huge sum..nothing more..

" I search history in vain to find the equal to Jesus Christ. " - Napoleon Bonaparte

" In the beginning, God made the heavens and the earth... now everything else is Made in China. "

PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2008 6:57 pm 
Cruiserweight

so you just wasted an hour of your life that you can never get back again, on watching Mayweather's every move while watching the pacquiao fight?

"Jim don't come up here trying to give me no badass questions, try to degrade me.."

"Nah he never hurt me man, I'm Undestructible.." lol

"who's next!!! I got milk baby" lmao

PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2008 7:04 pm 
Middleweight

t'was not floyd m. jr.
'don't know who.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2008 7:23 pm 
Heavyweight

i saw the fight and saw floyd standing up and cheering for our man manny... he even got interviewed and as i remember he is for pacquiao... he keeps on standing everytime morales got hit hard... hes with a black man too... cheering to the man they know the real pound for pound....

PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2008 7:26 pm 
Heavyweight

bulimo wrote:
t'was not floyd m. jr.
'don't know who.

it was floyd for sure.... my eyes are on him during the fight... he was with a black guy too...

PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2008 7:26 pm 
Middleweight

pinoy_acero23 wrote:

Mayweather is applauding Manny during that time because Erick Morales is the no. 1 boxer of Top Rank and his only 2nd... after that bob father and mayweather partways... as I remember...

PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2008 7:33 pm 
Featherweight

lightsOUT wrote:
so you just wasted an hour of your life that you can never get back again, on watching Mayweather's every move while watching the pacquiao fight?

cold :shock:

PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2008 8:50 pm 
Cruiserweight

xianli wrote:

Exactly my sentiments too. Just like any other bettors, you're gonna jump up & down like a rabbit when your bet starts pummeling his opponent. :D

PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2008 9:02 pm 
Heavyweight

pinoy_acero23 wrote:
I'm pretty sure that a lot of us here have noticed this already....While I was watching a replay of the 2nd fight between Manny and Eric Morales when i noticed sitting 2 rows behind 1 of the scoring judge in the middle of the ring apron was no other than Floyd Mayweather Jr

Hehehe . . . all the while I thought you were at ringside watching the fight live. :lol:

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2008 7:07 am 
Light Heavyweight

Your post is too long for nuthugging. Just post an animated .gif.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2008 11:03 am 
Bantamweight

hey guys! did you also notice that right after manny demolished morales someone thrown something on mayweather?

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2008 11:21 am 
Heavyweight

xianli wrote:
pinoy_acero23 wrote:

true! if you love boxing and betting on it, it doesnt matter if you like the fighter or not as long as you know that he can win the match and earn a huge amount, betting on a fighter is not a sign that youre a fan of a certain fighter, youre just thinking wisely.